Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,593 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Yale Honours Okonjo-iweala For Fighting Corruption, Fiscal Transparency...what? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yale Honours Okonjo-iweala For Fighting Corruption, Fiscal Transparency...what? (402 Views)

Howard University USA Honours Okonjo-Iweala With Vanguard Award (Photos) / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade / Yale Honours Okonjo-iweala For Fighting Corruption, Fiscal Transparency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yale Honours Okonjo-iweala For Fighting Corruption, Fiscal Transparency...what? by mandarin: 1:42pm On May 19, 2015
I honestly do not know if those that offered the award to her have in depth understanding of what it means to fight corruption in the developing world. The madam minister can talk about billions of Naira saved through some procedural changes in ways government do its business but those gains were easily eaten up by myriads of other mismanagement (allegedly) seen in the public sphere. The oil subsidy scams running into trillions of Naira under her watchful eyes as de-facto Prime Minister (named Coordinating Minister of the Economy), missing billions of dollars from the treasury of government due to non remittance of incomes by the Government owned corporation under her watch and that of her colleague oil Minister Madam and various grafts exposed in the outgoing regime.
If she had performed this way in the United States would Yale celebrate her this way? By this it is easy for us to accept that the first world countries encourage graft and mediocrity in Africa and are not in a hurry to see the continent develop. This is a country where 7 out of every 10 able and agile workforce do not have profitable employment and over 40% depend on relatives, a country where parents still provide feeding for 30 years old graduate degree holders and public domestic debts almost tripled in five years in spite of oil income that ran into several billion dollars without any infrastructural progress to show for it. If what Okonjo did is what American Universities teach(I know that's not true anyway) then Nigeria had better look for graduates from local institutions to fix its problems. I think Yale, a prestigious University, ran into a colossal error over this action. I simply delete this school from my likes without wait.

(1) (Reply)

OLX Verification How True? / Nigerians Take Petrol Search To Cotonu,benin Republic / Akwa Ibom Govt Announces Appointment Of SSG, Chief Press Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.