Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 (25924 Views)

Protest Against Wike In Abuja For Killing Of Police Officers In Rivers Rerun / Aregbesola Visits Wike In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by emekaxy: 5:43pm On May 19, 2015
Mr. Nyesom Wike

The Federal Government has requested the Chief Judge of Bayelsa State to administer the Oath of Allegiance and Oath of Office on the Rivers State Governor-elect, Chief Nyesom Wike, on May 29, 2015.

The request was contained in a press statement personally signed and made available to journalists in Abuja by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN).

Adoke said the request became necessary because of the existing vacuum in the Office of the Chief Judge of Rivers State as well as the Office of the President of the Customary Court of Appeal of the state.

He said the vacuum had made strict compliance with requirements of Section 185(1) and (2) of the 1999 Constitution under which Wike should be sworn in virtually impossible.

The minister said in order to avert a likely constitutional crisis in the state on May 29 when Wike was expected to be sworn in as governor, he had requested the Bayelsa CJ to carry out the exercise in accordance with Section 185 (2) of the Constitution.

He said the section provides that “the Oath of Allegiance and the Oath of Office shall be administered by the Chief Judge of the state or Grand Khadi of the Sharia Court of Appeal of the state, if any, or President of the Customary Court of Appeal of the state, if any, or the person for the time being respectively appointed to exercise the functions of any of those offices in any state.”

“The general public, particularly the government and people of Rivers State, are hereby invited to take note of this development and appreciate the fact that the invitation extended to the Chief Judge of Bayelsa State to administer the Oath of Allegiance and Oath of Office on the Governor-elect of Rivers State on May 29, 2015 is in accordance with the Constitution and should therefore be respected by all and sundry,” Adoke added.

Source:

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-asks-bayelsa-cj-to-swear-in-wike-on-may-29/#disqus_thread

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by shakazuldadon: 5:44pm On May 19, 2015
White rice
Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by missbehave247(m): 5:44pm On May 19, 2015
Wike all the way

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:46pm On May 19, 2015
Wike We Know Wike ls Loved.lf amaechi thinks that locking down the courts for almost two years or buying a court injunction will stop Wike from doing his four years then he never chim chong chim

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by engrsyer(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2015
And i saw it coming. CONGRATS NEW.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by midolian(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2015
Chief judge of ”Bayelsa” state?lipsrsealed

frankyychiji:
The chief judge is partisan! Just today, the court in Owerri threw out his case seeking to stop the swearing in of the peoples Governor!

Congrats
Wike! God is with you and the good people of Rivers state are solidly behind you sir!

Thanks for answering without a fight..even though e no sweet my mind, I still have to say congratz.. angry angry

10 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Jorussia(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2015
.d chief judge of bayelsa state coming to administer oath of office in Rivers state?legal experts in d house is dis move constitutional?
Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 19, 2015
Sorry Mr. Amaechi, GEJ is still the C-in-C so Wike will be sworn in whether your courts work or not.

Hug transformer if you are pained 'cos I'm sure you are. undecided

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by frankyychiji(f): 5:50pm On May 19, 2015
Congrats Wike my man! You are the real badosky, the slayer of the LIONESS of Ubima! cool

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by kennydee05(m): 5:52pm On May 19, 2015
Ko kan aiye

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:54pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:
Chief judge of Bayelsa state? Rivers state no get Chief judge?
Amaechi sheningian with the judiciary caused.Though the main reason is complicated

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Maxymilliano(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2015
Welcome development ...

The constitution must take its stand .

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by frankyychiji(f): 5:55pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:
The chief judge is partisan! Just today, the court in Owerri threw out his case seeking to stop the swearing in of the peoples Governor!
Congrats Wike! God is with you and the good people of Rivers state are solidly behind you sir!

10 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Gboliwe: 5:57pm On May 19, 2015
Jorussia:
.d chief judge of bayelsa state coming to administer oath of office in Rivers state?legal experts in d house is dis move constitutional?
midolian:

Even if you don't know what the constitution says on this, it's okay. I don't know too but can't you atleast read this very short article before exposing your inadequacies?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Vision4God: 5:58pm On May 19, 2015
Ds quite interesting grin
Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by midolian(m): 5:59pm On May 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

Even if you don't know what the constitution says on this, it's okay. I don't know too but can't you atleast read this very short article before exposing your inadequacies?
this is why I hate some pple(ITKs) on this forum..I asked a simple question. Give a simple answer if u know it. If you don't know it, why not shut the fvck up?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Gboliwe: 6:02pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:
that's why I hate the ITKs on this forum..I asked a simple question. Give a simple answer if u know it. If you don't know it, why not shut the fvck up?

Stop being nasty! Read the article and stop asking irrelevant question!

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by OboloMAN: 6:03pm On May 19, 2015
The CJ of bayelsa won't be performing any constitutional duty on may 29 . That is a good move.

13 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by yomzzy(m): 6:06pm On May 19, 2015
Okay
Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by midolian(m): 6:09pm On May 19, 2015
Gboliwe:

Stop being nasty! Read the article and stop asking irrelevant question!
I used to think you hav a brain..why prove me wrong?

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by aare07(m): 6:10pm On May 19, 2015
Dakuku would be governor of Rivers State
Come re-election

12 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by U235weapongrade: 6:12pm On May 19, 2015
How "constitutional " is dis move....

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by frankyychiji(f): 6:15pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:

Thanks for answering without a fight..even though e no sweet my mind, I still have to say congratz..
You know well you hia...make e pain you well well grin grin
Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Goddex: 6:15pm On May 19, 2015
[size=13pt]Our so-called Human Rights Femi Falana only talks when it concerns APC.

For nearly 2yrs, Amaechi shut an entire judicial arm of government under lock and key. Our APC Falana have suddenly developed sealed lips, deaf ears and blind eyes to these evil perpetrated by Amaechi.
[/size]

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by orimsamsam(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Sorry Mr. Amaechi, GEJ is still the C-in-C so Wike will be sworn in whether your courts work or not.

Hug transformer if you are pained 'cos I'm sure you are. undecided
so u support impunity. The best thing fg should ave done is take amechi to court

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by luvinhubby(m): 6:27pm On May 19, 2015
If it is neccesary to avoid a constitutional break down, then let it be so.

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Gboliwe: 6:29pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:
I used to think you hav a brain..why prove me wrong?

SMH cry cry

You don't know, you don't even know you don't know and evidently, you don't want to know. Ngwa nu, remain in your ignorance. Don't read the article, continue asking stewpid and irrelevant questions.

And just so you can sleep better, I will ignore this your attempt at covering your yansh henceforth.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Blastos(m): 6:30pm On May 19, 2015
aare07:
Dakuku would be governor of Rivers State Come re-election

2019?

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by Goddex: 6:33pm On May 19, 2015
aare07:
Dakuku would be governor of Rivers State
Come re-election

Dreamer

21 Likes

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by ajbabs(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2015
Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by stebell(m): 6:46pm On May 19, 2015
With dis juicy story, I wanna ask wat next for the Judas of Ubima??

GEJ is my Hero, Wike my Role Model.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Bayelsa CJ To Swear Wike In May 29 by HzRF(m): 6:53pm On May 19, 2015
Okokokobioko
Amaechi sowie try again in 2019

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jangebe, Zamfara School Abduction: ‘Close To 550 Girls Are Missing’ / Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau’s In-laws Arrested / ‘Missing’ $20billion Oil Money: Our Audit Report Not Reliable — Pricewaterhousec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.