Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,522 members, 7,861,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:32 PM

Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor (765 Views)

Buhari Was Stoned In Bayelsa, Says Governor Dickson / NSA’s Family Member Being Held By Insurgents, Says Governor Shettima / B’haram May Be Hiding Chibok Girls In Bunkers – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by AndyCole16(m): 4:47am On May 20, 2015
GOVERNOR Kasim Shettima of Borno State yesterday revealed that the Chibok girls may be living in bunkers inside the Sambisa forest, and called on the military to investigate this during their operations in the vast area.

Shettima who stated this in Abuja at a conference organised by the Savannah Centre for Diplomacy, Democracy and Development (SCDDD), said that his government believes that the bunkers existed because truck loads of building materials have been making their way into the Sambisa forest for quiet some time unhindered.

The governor who was represented by the Secretary of Borno Elders Forum, Dr. Bulama Mala Gubio, also said that the Boko Haram sect once built such a bunker in Maiduguri which held up to about 500 people.

“The military should investigate this claim. We suspect Boko Haram has built a lot of bunkers in the Sambisa forest.

We believe the Chibok girls are living in bunkers inside Sambisa forest. A lot of building materials have been taken inside the forest without hindrance,’’ he said. On the number of persons so far killed by insurgents in the North east, Shettima stated that the number is far greater than what is reported in the local and international media.

Against the report of 13,000 killed so far, he said the figure was more than 300,000,adding, people who were practically slaughtered were more than those who were gunned down. “This year alone, more than 70,000 people were killed before Boko Haram was knocked out. So far, more than 300,000 people have been killed. I lost 29 of my siblings. I buried them myself.

Any time I hear in the media that 13, 000 people were killed so far, if not that Islam forbids suicide I would have committed suicide”.

“The magnitude of atrocities committed by the Boko Haram sect is unprecedented in history.

Even Pharaoh did not slaughter people. So far over 900 schools have been destroyed in Borno State and 176 teachers have been killed. We keep rebuilding schools and Boko Haram members keep destroying the newly built ones,” he said. The governor also narrated the ordeal of the Internally Displaced Persons(IDPs) in the three states under emergency rule.

He stated that Borno State spends N600 million monthly to sustain the displaced persons, while the Federal Government has only given the state N200 million to tackle the problem for six years.

Shettima noted that the state currently saddled with the problem of returning the IDPs to their communities because there is no source of water, no health centre, no schools and other basic amenities in such places. As for source of water, he reminded that the wells have been stuffed with bodies of executed victims of Boko Haram attacks.

He further recommended that a judicial commission be set up in the reconstruction process of the North east.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/chibok-girls-may-be-in-bunkers-says-governor/

Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by lurther: 4:50am On May 20, 2015
After all this while, they are now giving clues where they hid the chibok girls.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by Nobody: 4:52am On May 20, 2015
I don't really Chibok should be an open discussion anymore. It has generayed too many hits. Security operatives and other concerned institution should do whatever they can. Strategies they wanna use, where they "think" they are etc should not be discussed openly. Security should not be politicised. Shettima to me is just blabbing
In another development, PDP Governors team up with APC to fight Jonathan, read here http://www.naijablower.com/pdp-apc-govs-team-up-to-fight-jonathan/
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by Sibrah: 4:55am On May 20, 2015
There is a Big conspiracy in that Borno/Sambisa forest

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by babadem2much(m): 5:01am On May 20, 2015
i wonder if this girls are still alive cuz the militasnts seems to be more interested on those girls. if not been sold or use for suicide bombing,

my heart goes out to their family members n concern Nigerians
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:03am On May 20, 2015
Tha fact remains that GEJ is stepping down in few days time, so stop giving us false hope. Bring them chibok babes out & we don't have any option than to believe and than you people for job well planned..

Bash or quote me & u'll die off in lagoon..
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by oluwafemi113(m): 5:06am On May 20, 2015
May God protect them all
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by omenka(m): 5:18am On May 20, 2015
Why do I find this hard to believe. Agreed, they should do some investigation but I have a feeling they would come up empty.

I believe those girls aren't in Nigeria anymore, especially in Sambisa.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:29am On May 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by jorlons(m): 5:43am On May 20, 2015
Well we are in the month of May so they "May be in the bunkers" or "May be in Niger or chad" or "May be dead". These info/suggestions are coming too late.
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by Nobody: 5:47am On May 20, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
Ok
yes bunker some were around his govt hauz
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by Chigold101(m): 5:53am On May 20, 2015
Shetima on it again: he wants to send our gallant soldiers on a wild goose chase once again.

Sheti sheti, i was thinking it is time you tell Nigerians & the world the REAL STORY behind this CHIBOK GIRLS MOVIE?

U people told us last year that they have been sold & married out. As that couldnt hold enough water, ur shekau came up with another story.

Now Simbisa is seriously been dismounted by our soldiers, it is now time to tell us another story again.

Seriously “nwangbe nta nkata ga ekpudo onye aghogho (basket will cover a trick ster soon).“
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by AdeniyiA(m): 5:56am On May 20, 2015
I laughed when he said he would have committed suicide ... lol. LIE!
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by Readwarn(m): 6:13am On May 20, 2015
Are chibok girl really real? Are those "women" d one writing wassce? Where their parents lamenting about their daughter abduction?
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by hamaworld(m): 6:15am On May 20, 2015
lurther:
After all this while, they are now giving clues where they hid the chibok girls.

As from 1st June. U should try and hide even ur sister, by them u will know how government work
Re: Chibok Girls May Be In Bunkers, Says Governor by Segadem(m): 6:47am On May 20, 2015
conflicting report everyday since April last year! diaris God oh!

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Trekkers Update: Now In Yenagoa Moving On To Otuoke / Ireland Becomes First Country To Legalise Same-sex Marriage By Popular Vote / Photos: Kashamu's Supporters Stage Protest At Federal High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.