Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. (3260 Views)

Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 6:20am On May 20, 2015
God almighty has been worshiped by all the religions. However, his presence has not been documented by anyone so far. People consider God worshiping as one such thing that has to be followed as a principle of life. This is a very sensitive subject and hence we will share with you some strong points that prove why you should not believe in God.

Here are the 8 reasons why you should not believe in God:

1. No evidence exists:

The theories about the existence of God have not been fully proved by the scientists. If you ask someone why they believe in God without any proper evidence, they come up with vague answers. Everyone has their own theory about God but none of them have been proved with evidence as of yet.

2. If God existed, violence and injustice would find no place in the world:

People believe that God is responsible for taking away the unethical things in the world. However, with the existing violence in the world, it is hard to say that someone is taking care of its own beautiful creation.

3. It has not done any good to people in historical times too:

In historical times, people were divided in many races and each had a different perception about religious matters and God’s presence. However, these people just wanted to give themselves an identity but differentiated based on God and religion. Hence, they fought among each other for such a reason. It is one major reason why you should not believe in God.

4. Over-dependence on God for the completion of work makes you lazy:

Most people in the world pray to God for achieving heights in their lives. However, when it happens, they tend to get lazier towards their goals. They depend on God to sort things out rather than giving it a try.

5. Deity worshiping separates people’s perception about life:

We are all humans and we should all belong to one religion and that is humanity. The separation of people based on religion and God perception leads to many adversities. Therefore, this is one reason why you should not believe in God.

6. Why there are so many religions in the world if God exists:

The presence of a supreme power implies to the fact that all are one and there is only one God. However, if that is the case, then why there are so many religions in the world. It’s something for you to think about.

7. There would be no inequality in the world if God existed:

People carry a belief that God treats all the people equally. If that is true, then why is there so much inequality in the world? Why some people are poor to death while the others are enjoying a luxurious lifestyle?

8. We create our own life and not the God:

If God existed, we all should have been happy in our lives. We create our own lives and responsible for everything we do.

Sharing these reasons with you, we are not imposing any thought on you. After reading all the above legitimate reasons, you can decide for yourself if you believe in God or not. Please share your opinion about the subject in the comments below.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by clintino700(m): 6:28am On May 20, 2015
SMH....If God don't exist then ur suppose to have existed before Adam and eve...
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by donglazy(m): 6:35am On May 20, 2015
@OP i foresee really dangerous things coming ur way to prove to you that God exists... mark these words

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by yungchief(m): 6:37am On May 20, 2015
undecided r u 4 real?? undecided
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by fromnigeria(m): 6:44am On May 20, 2015
Fourty days and nights wont be enough to deliver you.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by Holatunde007(m): 6:47am On May 20, 2015
God doesn't exit and yet u saw many of his works on earth.....you sleep in the night and wake up in d morning like u were promised, the oxygen that's all over the world is free for you, if u had to use ur gas, I wonder if u won't pay, yet the oxygen is free, I guess it was ur grandfather that created all those things right? U drop a piece of maize under the ground and u have millions of it in return, yet u think God doesn't knws abt it? Hmmmmmmm young man don't u think u need a medical fitness certificate at this stage?

5 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by seankafor(m): 6:53am On May 20, 2015
i hate to sit on a face in this kind of suggestion.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by Mathematical(f): 6:53am On May 20, 2015
Is the op stoned undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by StealthyMe(m): 6:55am On May 20, 2015
For every 8 reasons not to believe God exists,there are a 1001 reasons to believe that he actually does.

We only see and believe what we want to...
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by Tallesty1(m): 6:56am On May 20, 2015
It is really funny how scientists who base their belief/acceptance on logic and observations of the material universe and its properties which completely excludes transcendence say that God who who is not dependent upon the material universe or its properties for his existence does not exist because there is not concrete evidence. Isn't that a category mistake?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 6:59am On May 20, 2015
donglazy:
@OP i foresee really dangerous things coming ur way to prove to you that God exists... mark these words

Now listen, bad things has always been happening and will always happen. That your religious scare tactic will not work. I'm way matured and evolved to sieve your religious bullshit, OK?

Instead of you gullible religionists to refute my claims, you're here spewing useless rhetoric.

Someone - anyone - should refute my claims and have a sane discussion, not the overused cliche of nonsense that you people have no idea of...

Oh well, Nairaland is filled with kids who can differentiate reality and delusions.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 7:02am On May 20, 2015
StealthyMe:
For every 8 reasons not to believe God exists,there are a 1001 reasons to believe that he actually does.

We only see and believe what we want to...

[img]http://3.bp..com/-7yUv6qZxYxE/UACpn_OuABI/AAAAAAAAAC4/RsAkeEzg6fk/s1600/chronic.jpg[/img]
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 7:07am On May 20, 2015
Holatunde007:
God doesn't exit and yet u saw many of his works on earth.....you sleep in the night and wake up in d morning like u were promised, the oxygen that's all over the world is free for you, if u had to use ur gas, I wonder if u won't pay, yet the oxygen is free, I guess it was ur grandfather that created all those things right? U drop a piece of maize under the ground and u have millions of it in return, yet u think God doesn't knws abt it? Hmmmmmmm young man don't u think u need a medical fitness certificate at this stage?

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 7:09am On May 20, 2015
Holatunde007:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-mNGZlWqn-e0/UZTyYMptuII/AAAAAAAAFsg/DwoepujQi6s/s1600/nazi-shooting-jews.jpg[/img]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_concentration_camps

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_2015_Nepal_earthquake

Where was your God when all these happened?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 7:21am On May 20, 2015
Tallesty1:
It is really funny how scientists who base their belief/acceptance on logic and observations of the material universe and its properties which completely excludes transcendence say that God who who is not dependent upon the material universe or its properties for his existence does not exist because there is not concrete evidence. Isn't that a category mistake?

And this is literally why there are atheists. You say a god that exists transcends the material world therefore can never be empirically perceived.
Then how come you found out their is?

Since it transcends the material world, their is no way you can know their is something like that unless you just assumed it up. And this shows your conviction that a god exists is ur assumption and your claim that a god exists outside the material is yet another blatant assumption.

But you claim it transcends the material world then at the same time claims you know that god thereby proving that the god even though transcends the material world can still be known and so you are then asked to provide evidence for it.
Since you claim that you know something you still claim transcends the material (which leaves one wondering how you can know something that transcends material), anybody asking for you evidence is very in order.

so if anybody must said to be in mistake, it is you who claim to know what you still claim transcends the material (therefore can never be a subject of material knowledge)

4 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 7:24am On May 20, 2015
Op TheFilmmaker You are not even here to argue ur case logically seems you are helping them troll ur thread...
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 7:26am On May 20, 2015
johnydon22:
Op TheFilmmaker You are not even here to argue ur case logically seems you are helping them troll ur thread...

How would you want me to argue? grin
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 7:28am On May 20, 2015
Holatunde007:

So all these things you just mentioned, which of the God concepts are responsible for them. Cus their are almost 3000 different God concepts that lay claim to these... so which do you think did it?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

How would you want me to argue? grin

Dude you are just a troll, you opened a thread and when people enter your thread of course surely to challenge it, you cower away and resort to posting memes and pictures instead of establishing your stance with ur own reason and refuting their posts logically...
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 7:41am On May 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Dude you are just a troll, you opened a thread and when people enter your thread of course surely to challenge it, you cower away and resort to posting memes and pictures instead of establishing your stance with ur own reason and refuting their posts logically...

Lol, I'm no troll, I just sometimes prefer memes. OK. Let's argue.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 7:43am On May 20, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

Lol, I'm no troll, I just sometimes prefer memes. OK. Let's argue.
Argue about what exactly
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 7:45am On May 20, 2015
donglazy:

And this is ur way to prove ur god exists? by laying baseless threats? Very Very Childish... Which of the God concepts are you even speaking for?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by Nobody: 7:50am On May 20, 2015
@Op
What does the term God mean to you?
Which is more plausible:
: the universe has a Creator.
: the universe has no Creator.
Why or why not?
What does it mean to be human?
Can humans create?
From what do humans create?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 7:52am On May 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Argue about what exactly

Not arguing with you. I meant argue religion and its derivatives.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by Tallesty1(m): 8:12am On May 20, 2015
johnydon22:

And this is literally why there are atheists. You say a god that exists transcends the material world therefore can never be empirically perceived.
Then how come you found out their is?

Since it transcends the material world, their is no way you can know their is something like that unless you just assumed it up. And this shows your conviction that a god exists is ur assumption and your claim that a god exists outside the material is yet another blatant assumption.

But you claim it transcends the material world then at the same time claims you know that god thereby proving that the god even though transcends the material world can still be known and so you are then asked to provide evidence for it.
Since you claim that you know something you still claim transcends the material (which leaves one wondering how you can know something that transcends material), anybody asking for you evidence is very in order.

so if anybody must said to be in mistake, it is you who claim to know what you still claim transcends the material (therefore can never be a subject of material knowledge)
You didn't get me clearly.

My point is, science and religion seek to answer different and unrelated questions. The place they seem to disagree is when it comes to the supernatural elements found in religion which is understandable but it shouldn't cause any conflict. I have nothing against atheism, nothing at all.

In bible, God showed wonders and performed miracles through Moses to the people of Israel yet some of them didn't belief him and in him.

Jesus also walked on earth like you and I, performed many wonders and miracles(unscientific thou) yet people didn't belief him.

Today, despite that there are well written human records to prove Jesus Christ’s authenticity and historicity yet people still do not belief in him. So it is not new.

Religionists maybe right, likewise scientists but my point is, they operate in the different channel.

Atheism should let religion be and religion should let atheism be, in the end we will find out who was right.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 8:13am On May 20, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
@Op
It can mean the gallery of a theater stage.

sonOfLucifer:

Which is more plausible:
Why or why not?
Which is more plausible:
This creator has a creator.
this creator has no creator.
why or why not?
sonOfLucifer:

Surprisingly that is coming from a supposed human... You can answer that.
sonOfLucifer:

Can humans create?
Oh humans make things from other things.... So from what did this creator create?

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 8:34am On May 20, 2015
Tallesty1:

My point is, science and religion seek to answer different and unrelated questions. The place they seem to disagree is when it comes to the supernatural elements found in religion which is understandable but it shouldn't cause any conflict. I have nothing against atheism, nothing at all.
We should first see the methods by which these questions are strived to be answered... Am sure you know science is not a belief system but simply means study through observation, experiment.
So science (study) can never be the same with religion which claims to know answers without study. When it comes to the supernatural mumbo jumbo, then before such claims can be substantiated you should provide proof, if their is no proof it is easier to dismiss the claim as mere baseless assumptions. if you say it requires no proof for deduction then how come you knew in the first place... its termed plain assumption
Tallesty1:

In bible, God showed wonders and performed miracles through Moses to the people of Israel yet some of them didn't belief him and in him.
God(allah) did too in the quran, God(krishna) also did. God (zeus) did almost more than what is claimed in the bible... All these are just claims that are not substantiated...
Tallesty1:

Jesus also walked on earth like you and I, performed many wonders and miracles(unscientific thou) yet people didn't belief him.
Mithras walked this earth like you and i and performed many wonders...Yet you dont believe him
Tallesty1:

Today, despite that there are well written human records to prove Jesus Christ’s authenticity and historicity yet people still do not belief in him. So it is not new.
First the criteria for modern historicity doesnt even involve supernatural claims when it goes contrary to archeological findings.
Hercules, Mithras, Jesus even Horus etc.. all have written accounts testifying to them with claims of supernatural fits.(they all predates jesus am sure u know) how come you disbelieve them?
Modern history do not deny the fact that these characters may have existed but the fables surrounding them is where it says "Nope, this didnt happen"
Jesus is a very common name is isreal and so is herakles (hercules) in greece.
(e.g) The written sources claim Hercules, Mithras and Jesus were all born through supernatural beings. (ironically u dont believe hercules and mithras part even tho they predate the jesus fable.)... For these claims to be substantiated you must first prove the existence of supernatural entities then demonstrate they can impregnate a human.

Tallesty1:

Religionists maybe right, likewise scientists but my point is, they operate in the different channel.
Is this water hot? Yes and No can never be right for one question.
Which do you think is more reliable and should be applied.
Study(experiment/observations) or just theology(give answers that are shielded from scrutiny)?
Tallesty1:

Atheism should let religion be and religion should let atheism be, in the end we will find out who was right.
I think religions should let themselves/planet be first, by stopping this nonsense of blowing themselves up or taking to the streets with microphones to threaten people with burning...How come discussion/argument now means not letting religions be.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 8:46am On May 20, 2015
Tallesty1:

My point is, science and religion seek to answer different and unrelated questions.

No, you're wrong. There has always been religion as a guidance before the advent of science or its derivatives. Science however took over where religion failed explaining things that would have otherwise had natural causes. Examples include the all too common Malaria. You don't see people going to churches mosques or shrines when a family member has fever, do you? You realize there was a time when being left handed was considered unnatural? When albinos were hunted because they were odd/witchlike?

The place they seem to disagree is when it comes to the supernatural elements found in religion which is understandable but it shouldn't cause any conflict. I have nothing against atheism, nothing at all.

What supernatural elements are you talking about? Epilepsy? Sleep Paralysis? Care to give us examples?

I have nothing against religion, I however can not stand any atrocities committed in the name of religion. In that case, I have everything against any set of beliefs or dogmas that preach hate and/or atrociousness. Therefore I have problems with certain religions and not with others, eg Buddhism. Savvy?

In bible, God showed wonders and performed miracles through Moses to the people of Israel yet some of them didn't belief believe him and in him.

I just finished a book by D.O Fagunwa. In the book, there were all kinds of creatures only the writer's imagination could conjure. Trees could speak, and there was even a one eyed monster. Does this mean the book is true? Or what yardstick should we measure the bible with to confirm everything written was true, or even happened? A book is just a book, nothing else but a figment of the writer's imagination. If you so believe in the Bible, why is it hard for you not to believe in the Quran?

Google The Epic of Gilgamesh, an epic poem from ancient Mesopotamia. Dating from the Third Dynasty of Ur (circa 2100 BC), it is often regarded as the first great work of literature. Then go back to your bible and read the Noah's Ark. Sounds similar or not?

I have eBook copies of the book if your curiosity is still strong.

Jesus also walked on earth like you and I, performed many wonders and miracles(unscientific thou) yet people didn't belief believe him. Today, despite that there are well written human records to prove Jesus Christ’s authenticity and historicity yet people still do not belief in him. So it is not new.

Again, it is all but a book. And even if Jesus was real (let's assume) there had been numerous pre Jesus messengers (as stated in the Bible) that were denied. Even starting from the premise of your Bible, the creator (in the Bible) was denied.

History- times without number- has taught us that Religion is not right. Yes it might grant temporary happiness and solace from the troubles of life. The irony is, religion is always the underlying cause of all man made sufferings. Religion stunts cognitive development, and keeps our mentalities caged. Religion is an insult to the human reasoning.

Science, on the other hand challenges us. It is trusted and though not always infallible, it is widely documented and has evidence. More so, science has thrived where religion failed, and is continuously doing so at an alarming rate. During the early 1600s in England, life expectancy was only about 35 years, largely because two-thirds of all children died before the age of four. Do you have any idea how many more pregnant women would have died if not for the advancement of science? Yes, science might not have all the answers now, but with science life is optimistic and realistic, and not with religion that preaches life ever after death. Folly.

No, Atheism wont let any doctrines or dogmas that that propagate folly, hinders cognitive progress and turn loved ones against another. It's ironically tragic that you will scream fire and brimstone to Terrorists but you are cool with the idea of Purgatory.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:00am On May 20, 2015
johnydon22:
It can mean the gallery of a theater stage.

Which is more plausible:
This creator has a creator.
this creator has no creator.
why or why not?
Surprisingly that is coming from a supposed human... You can answer that.

Oh humans make things from other things.... So from what did this creator create?

As usual, they come up empty. Their pathetic worldview is hinged upon that which they detest.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 9:02am On May 20, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

As usual, they come up empty. Their pathetic worldview is hinged upon that which they detest.

Lmao... and as usual you chose to run and not answer ur questions when redirected to u..
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:08am On May 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao... and as usual you chose to run and not answer ur questions when redirected to u..
The irony is you referred to someone else as a troll.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Not Believe In God. by TheFilmmaker: 9:15am On May 20, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
@Op

It means nothing. I could call it anything I want. Or better still it's the name of a Kanye West's song "I Am A God"

Which is more plausible:

plausible
ˈplɔːzɪb(ə)
adjective
(of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable.

First of all, plausible is subjective. Seemingly does not mean it is true. What is plausible to me as a theoretical physicist, might not be plausible to you as a theologian. Same goes with comparing a Chinese Buddhist to a Nigerian church goer. With that being said, Who do you serve? The creator of the Universe, or one of his (fairy) subjects? Why do you assume everything must be created? And if so, why do you feel entitled to this your creator that created such an imperfect world?

Even if it is plausible for me to believe there is a creator, I don't feel compelled to serve him. For a creator who welds such unfathomable power to change evil to good at the stroke of his hand, he is too imperfect to be worthy of my service.

Why or why not?

Are you for real? You ever been to Mozambique? grin

Can humans create?

Yes human can create stories and believable fables.

Everything starts with an idea. And your argument is riddled with fallacies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Alleged Witch Stripped Naked After Confession In South Africa / Reply To Julie By Gideon Odoma / Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.