Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,886 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:04 PM

My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones (18504 Views)

Free Flow Of Yuan In Nigerian Banks - What You Need To Know / Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 / Four Nigerian Banks Among Top 500 Global Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by agrovick(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2015
ogorkojo:
cheesy am good jare. So u r serving in Delta? That's good to know.
About to, will be in camp June. Delta born or bred or both?
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by yesorno: 1:59pm On May 20, 2015
while I am not in support of ill treatment contract staff in banks, we must also appreciate the fact that most contract staff are employed as OND holders. some while at work now acquire higher degrees, I think 64k of 70k for an OND holder ain't that bad. Banks should limit contract staff to just OND holders.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 20, 2015
agrovick:

About to, will be in camp June. Delta born or bred or both?
Both. The only thing that has taken me away from Delta for over a year is NYSC. Wait delta has two streams?
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by agrovick(m): 2:12pm On May 20, 2015
ogorkojo:

Both. The only thing that has taken me away from Delta for over a year is NYSC. Wait delta has two streams?
Wow! You are totally loyal to your state. Yea, Delta has two streams. Where did you serve?
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by nosiebaba(m): 2:21pm On May 20, 2015
dunkem21:
Get your facts right, bro.

Entry level in any Nigerian bank earns above N120k. ..
..Contract and support staff earn less though.

Pls where is the unlike button we need to have an unlike button for these kind of stupid comments
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 20, 2015
agrovick:

Wow! You are totally loyal to your state. Yea, Delta has two streams. Where did you serve?
Still serving. Will finish in July
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by Deadshotz(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2015
Nice
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by nosiebaba(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2015
cramjones:
I read about the pay scale of bankers in Nigeria with deep and utter sadness. I haven't been able to sleep since I read the stories on Nairaland, for I have been deeply disturbed. Prior to these articles, I erroneously thought that entry level bankers earn nothing less than 120k, but I was very wrong! My nephew is banker, but he keeps asking me to send him money. I joke about it, albeit ignorantly, not knowing his pay is that of a slave.

Fellow Nigerians, granted we have over 50 million unemployed youths, nevertheless should we accept to be slaves in our own country? What will a young man full of life and energy do with 24k/month or $110 per month. I can remember many times I have spent such an amount one night on a family dinner. This is not fair and must be stopped! We must task the incoming administration to review our labor laws. It is unacceptable for a graduate working in a multibillion dollar coporation as a banker to earn less than $4/day.

Instead of trekking from pillar to post, do something about it! I would like to urge all youths to use the power of social media and spread the word. We must start that way. I will do my part by telling the C-in-C to tackle this slave labor head on. Not just the banks, but we must have enforcable laws that all employers of labor must abide to. Little wonder why Kelechi and Kayode are doing drugs in Indonesia. Little wonder why Ifeoma, Kabiru and Femi are drowning in the mediterranean trying to cross to Europe. We must put an end to modern day slavery, wickedness and greed!

You have all taken the right step by revealing it. Now make it popular and we will work on the one-on-one side. This must stop!

-CramJones
Please let's not restrict this "fight against modern day slavery" it should involve every graduate of both university's, polytechnics etc doing hard work, hazardous work and are being paid peanuts with no job security @ all.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by agrovick(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2015
ogorkojo:
Still serving. Will finish in July
Cool, it's almost over. Hope it has been everything you dreamt it to be
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by dunkem21(m): 2:58pm On May 20, 2015
hayoakins:

No bank? Now you lack fact

I repeat, No bank! ..if you know of any, kindly state it.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by dunkem21(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2015
0b1nna:

Entry level to earn >N120k? That must be level 10 you are talking of here. I strongly doubt that.
Usually they start from 70k and above (depends on the bank)

Is it that guys don't even care to know the happenings around industries.

Banks pay well to core staff ..simple.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by lanre88(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2015
Nice to see people comment while some guessed right some are basically off point.

To the topic, where I work (bank) entry level earns over 170k per month aside from 13th month (awoof), over 350k leave allowance. What else do u want?

Those that earn what op mentioned are certainly contract staffs who where I work are HNd (at most) holders and even earn over twice the amount.

Bottomline, get a BSc @all cost and always look up to being an entrepreneur.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 20, 2015
agrovick:

Cool, it's almost over. Hope it has been everything you dreamt it to be
It's bn okay. packing my bags soon
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by agrovick(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2015
ogorkojo:

It's bn okay. packing my bags soon
Looks like somebody can't wait to get back home tongue, If it's not too much trouble I will love us to exchange offline messages
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 20, 2015
agrovick:

Looks like somebody can't wait to get back home tongue, If it's not too much trouble I will love us to exchange offline messages
No p
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by kingthreat(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2015
philips70:

Your stupidity just opened you up to ridicule. Correcting your wrong notion cannot make me a follower of anyone on Nairaland. And anyone who brags with what he thinks is not easy to come by and must have worked for is not being childish. Well to do people show off everyday around the world. I am pretty sure if you have a personal relationship with any high ranking personality you will put it on your signature and it will remain your cup of tea. Address whatever cramjones wrote about and quit using your personal hatred for him to judge his character. If you have nothing to contribute apart from displaying stupidity, open up another thread.

You sound like a retarded baboon with homosexual tendencies. Im an avid follower of Cramjones, as much as he writes intelligently, he brags baselessly and i had to bluntly counter that. Since you claim that stupidity, my first sentence still seems applicable.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by philips70(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2015
kingthreat:

You sound like a retarded baboon with homosexual tendencies. Im an avid follower of Cramjones, as much as he writes intelligently, he brags baselessly and i had to bluntly counter that. Since you claim that stupidity, my first sentence still seems applicable.

As much as you have the right to bluntly condemn someone else's character please give me the chance to call out your stupidity. What's bragging about cramjones saying what he thinks is the truth? You would have been forgiven if for sure you know he was lying about it but as long as you don't know shutting up would have been better for you. Continue foaming in the mouth, will not indulge you any more undue attention.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by agrovick(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2015
ogorkojo:
No p
Check ur email
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by luminousity(m): 7:15pm On May 20, 2015
agrovick:
Check ur email
Sharp dude. Na so u wan use style catch that babe.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by agrovick(m): 11:00pm On May 20, 2015
luminousity:

Sharp dude. Na so u wan use style catch that babe.
Oga me, I just dey try see as my stay go make sense ni o. Place wey I never go b4
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by egobetatoday: 9:19am On May 21, 2015
glassman:
18k, 25k wt 5million target!!! Walahi, some private employers are devils in human bodies

did u mean to say 5 billion? as a banker u shld be able to bring in 5 million everyday now.
Re: My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones by kingthreat(m): 11:08am On May 21, 2015
philips70:

As much as you have the right to bluntly condemn someone else's character please give me the chance to call out your stupidity. What's bragging about cramjones saying what he thinks is the truth? You would have been forgiven if for sure you know he was lying about it but as long as you don't know shutting up would have been better for you. Continue foaming in the mouth, will not indulge you any more undue attention.

Hey sadistic homo, stop quoting me and mind your freaking business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI / Innocent Chukwuma Innoson Sues EFCC N200bn For ‘Defamation, Falsehood’ / Tony Elumelu Celebrates His 55th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.