Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) (5323 Views)

The Snakes Sound Sultan Sees When He Looks At The Nigerian Music Industry / I Have Accepted The Reality That Buhari Will Be President – Critic Charles Novia / Reasons Why Nigerian Actresses Find It Difficult To Marry (early) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2015
I love my nation more than any nation in the world,i love my people more than any group of people in the world,but I don't shy away from saying the truth. I copied some songs from my laptop into the phone of one of my big bros and he came back to me yesterday and said he has deleted all the Nigerian songs he had in his phone,he said Nigerian music is full of trash,they talk about love all the time,about spending on a girl and over flattering a girl,yes,and he's right. Nigeria is a home of extremely creative folks,we're really creative,but the opposite is what applies to our music industry,but I noticed the reason why Nigerian music industry is getting Wacker daily is because there's no criticism,everybody swallow what Nigerian musicians feed them,anything is acceptable as long as the musician is famous. I don't listen to Nigerian music,but listen to some on radio at times,but they're lyrically poor,they seem to sing or rap about the same thing,love love music and in a very annoying way like talking about wasting money on a girl or over flattering girls. A Nigerian Musician once sung "I wanna be your maga tonight" what the phuck is that? A musician saying that? I'm not a musician,but I can't even say that cos it sounds stupid. How do they expect non Nigerians to listen to that trash? if they try to act lyrical,they'd sing or rap prayers,naming different achievements one by one and saying the same prayer at the end of each line,(if I want to listen to prayer songs,asalatu songs and gospel songs are there) or Naming and praising rich men,politicians that are making life miserable for their fans and saying similar praises at the end of each line,the question is "Do they think the listeners are fools?" or are listeners swallowing anything they feed them foolishly? 
Americans don't take it easy with musicians because critics are always at the corner to criticize musicians until they do it right,magazines and websites are there to criticize them,even fans are there to criticize them,so,they have no option than to be creative for them not to be relegated.
Nigerian musicians all copy and paste each other,only the producers are quiet creative,Nigerian musicians all sing alike,rap alike,you hear nothing new,anything new you hear is Jargons,if they try to sing for the grassroot,that's when they screw it all up by mentioning Falila, Suheba and mama Sulia in songs,thats not how to relate with grassroots pls. If you want to sing grass roots,why not do It with creativity? My father used to listen to Obe Ebenezer,Sunny Ade,Kollington,Barrister,and they're very creative and talented and keep it cultural,but the musicians we have today don't know what to do,they try to sound foreign sometimes but do it in a very annoying way,they can only imitate these American folks but can never duplicate them. But to screw it all up,people would keep listening to their trash and if you say anything,all they'd tell you is "he sha dey make hin money" so,are you listening to him for him to make money or you're listening to him to be inspired and hear real music? I was listening to Frozen by Madonna last night and was really inspired by her lyrics,you can call her occultic but almost all musicians are,even in this country. Even if she shows the crazy,kinky side of her,she does it with creativity,if Michael Jackson sings about love,he can never flatter a lady in a senseless way or sing about love in a senseless way,someone should advice these Nigerian musicians to buy lyrics from ghost writers if they can't write something great,the female musicians also sing about love the same way,more like photocopying each other,should music be centered on love lyrics alone?and not even in.a creative way,what happens to writing lyrics similar to Adele's If it hadn't been for love or someone like you? what happens to exploring other aspects asides love? What happens to writing lyrics to inspire your fellow girls like Beautiful by Christina Aguilera? Try to buy good lyrics if you can't write,instead of singing trash. Why can't they think outside the box? Nigeria is the country you'd hear singers and not rappers talk about money that's even chicken change to these foreign musicians and they want their music to be heard world wide? When did Michael Jackson,Celine Dion, or even crazy Lady Gaga ever speak about money? where really are these Nigerian musicians heading to? Money can't stand these Nigerian artists out abroad because there are foreign musicians who can single handedly buy all Nigerian musicians put together and yet they don't talk about money in their music.
Some Nigerian musicians are fund of talking about "oh,i be fine boy,no need to prove much,lmao" and something similar. Should we call that insecurity or inferiority complex? Who's asking them all that bullshit? Why won't foreigners laugh at them? Is that music?
All I want people to know is that lyrics is the most essential part of music,Nigerian musicians are not breaking through to the American music industry(even though they feature American musicians) because American music industry is so competitive that there are lots of extremely good and creative musicians in America that are not breaking through yet even though they feature stars easily,how is It possible for Americans not to celebrate them and come all the way to Nigeria and start celebrating some uncreative third world country musicians? Nigerian musicians are living in delusion,if you interview them now,they'd tell you Americans are listening to their songs,they can even tell you Jay-z or P Diddy is dying hard to feature them in a song,they can even tell us Usher is chasing them around to feature them. They don't try to be productive,all they're looking for is hype and looking for International musicians to take pictures with,of course,international musicians don't deny anyone,they can put their hands around fans,even talk to fans,but Nigerian musicians are always busy famzing them and come to instagram,upload their product of famzing. I interact with Americans a lot on twitter and none of them ever said they know any of these Nigerian musicians except Fela,simply because Fela was creative,he concentrated more on creativity,he never talked about having money or some silly love talks,he never tried to famz American musicians of his time.
So,there needs to be criticism. Some samples of Critical receptions on wikipedia: 
These are the critical receptions of Mya's Moodring album and Katy Perry's Teenage Dream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Twaci(f): 10:59am On May 20, 2015
Nice one Op! That's why most times I stick to Ed Sheeran's, Lana Del Ray's and others like that.

But though I can't really brag of 5 naija songs on my phone embarassed, I can say that we do have some nice naija artists like; Dare Art Alade, Paul Play, McDonald, etc.

But either way, I still love my country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Nobody: 11:03am On May 20, 2015
Nigerian artistes sing crap,, what irks me most is that all those that sing good music among them are not always successful commercialy.

look at Iyanya, the guy started out as a cool singer, but when money was not forthcoming, he switched to being "mr oreo" ..

Meanwhile, Davido, wizkid, olamide and that talentless bloke called "lil kesh" are making money from singing crap,

Praiz is also good, but the industry is killing him. Go and listen to "if i fall" ,that song is not meant for naija..

Look at foriegn artistes, likes of
Frank ocean, Ed sheeran, Hozier, Fall out boy , Drake, Kendrick lamar and even lil wayne , those guys pass on messages in their songs.

listen to "the blacker the berry" by kendrick lamar, that song reveals the hatred of whites towards blacks,

When i heard "earned it" by The weeknd, i was awed, the arrangement of the lyrics coupled with his voice is superb,

No Nigerian artiste can think like that,

the funniest part is that all those fools will be saying they will win Grammy Awards, lol,

hw can u win grammy with songs like

"emi phyno, baba ibo, kin ma ladi ,kin ma jedi, "

or "shoki"

Americans are not daft nw.

its the fault of Nigerians that are still buying their crap music, look at how rich they are from singing rubbish,

i smh for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by komzyb(f): 11:57am On May 20, 2015
Mehn...i believe u

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 12:18pm On May 20, 2015
vickerz:
Nigerian artistes sing crap,, what irks me most is that all those that sing good music among them are not always successful commercialy.

look at Iyanya, the guy started out as a cool singer, but when money was not forthcoming, he switched to being "mr oreo" ..

Meanwhile, Davido, wizkid, olamide and that talentless bloke called "lil kesh" are making money from singing crap,

Praiz is also good, but the industry is killing him. Go and listen to "if i fall" ,that song is not meant for naija..

Look at foriegn artistes, likes of
Frank ocean, Ed sheeran, Hozier, Fall out boy , Drake, Kendrick lamar and even lil wayne , those guys pass on messages in their songs.

listen to "the blacker the berry" by kendrick lamar, that song reveals the hatred of whites towards blacks,

When i heard "earned it" by The weeknd, i was awed, the arrangement of the lyrics coupled with his voice is superb,

No Nigerian artiste can think like that,

the funniest part is that all those fools will be saying they will win Grammy Awards, lol,

hw can u win grammy with songs like

"emi phyno, baba ibo, kin ma ladi ,kin ma jedi, "

or "shoki"

Americans are not daft nw.

its the fault of Nigerians that are still buying their crap music, look at how rich they are from singing rubbish,

i smh for Nigerians
Lmao,you're right bro,empty barels make the loudest noise,i also notice they like saying they'll bring home grammy
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 12:54pm On May 20, 2015
Twaci:
Nice one Op! That's why most times I stick to Ed Sheeran's, Lana Del Ray's and others like that.

But though I can't really brag of 5 naija songs on my phone embarassed, I can say that we do have some nice naija artists like; Dare Art Alade, Paul Play, McDonald, etc.

You're on point lady Twaci
Vote Twaci for miss nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Twaci(f): 1:00pm On May 20, 2015
iamrealdeji:

You're on point lady Twaci
Vote Twaci for miss nairaland
Thanks a lot dear smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2015
Twaci:

I've seen dare,Paul.. but neva seen McDonald..
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Twaci(f): 1:47pm On May 20, 2015
Isaacmacdon:
I've seen dare,Paul.. but neva seen McDonald..
He is very good! I'll send u a link to one of his songs later today smiley.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by killercute16(m): 2:07pm On May 20, 2015
If we criticize them nw 1 of them will say we are broke and we dont have an opinion
Seriously,most of our music,lyrically is complete nonsense,they just sing lyk that but truth be told their BEAT is da bomb.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Isaacmacdon(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2015
Twaci:
He is very good! I'll send u a link to one of his songs later today smiley.

Ok

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 3:03pm On May 20, 2015
killercute16:
If we criticize them nw 1 of them will say we are broke and we dont have an opinion
Seriously,most of our music,lyrically is complete nonsense,they just sing lyk that but truth be told their BEAT is da bomb.
honestly,the producers should get all the props,they produce nice beats
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by AfricanApple(f): 3:03pm On May 20, 2015
I thought I'm the only one who has been seeing all these mess, thank god there are few people out there who has eyes to see and mouth to say the truth. I so with all my passion hate those Nigerian music. just like someone above said, those that used to be good are now getting bad since the profit isn't forthcoming. I'm even surprised that the likes of akon is making collabo with the likes of davido, was disappointed but then that's not my cup of garri

the critism can begin with the few who eyes to detect what's eeww

the African traditional music also have been relegated, that's sad cos hoe else are gonna promote our culture, how else can our history be passed on as Africans are also lazy in reading books.
we have been created heroes but we just don't line to triumph. why?
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Ladybluecash(f): 3:09pm On May 20, 2015
Esp dat wiskid boy,, his lyrics is sth else, alwz callin names lik balogun ni ele yin, sikira ni eleyi fatimo ni eleyi, dis one ni eleyi dat one ni eleyi gosshhh so annoyin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Ladybluecash(f): 3:10pm On May 20, 2015
Esp dat *iskid boy,, his lyrics is sth else, alwz callin names lik balogun ni ele yin, sikira ni eleyi fatimo ni eleyi, dis one ni eleyi dat one ni eleyi gosshhh so annoyin
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Ladybluecash(f): 3:10pm On May 20, 2015
Esp dat *iskid boy,, his lyrics is sth else, alwz callin names lik balogun ni ele yin, ogunmola ni eleyi, sikira ni eleyi fatimo ni eleyi, dis one ni eleyi dat one ni eleyi gosshhh so annoyin
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2015
killercute16:
You're right bro,Nigerian musicians are so sensitive and temperamental,most times,they forget that they're musicians,with the way they blast fans back,it's just very funny and classless,just like some never knew they'd be famous,or like they never prepared for fame,if you see the way people diss these American musicians everyday,i swear you'd pity them,but they probably don't read disses or don't respond to them,you won't hear them responding to fans because they know what comes along with been celebs,but these Nigerian celebs,mere correction or criticism,they'd start telling fans they're broke,..
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2015
killercute16:
There was a time French Montana was interviewed about the new word "Fanute" he formed unintentionally,a media man came to his house,and interviewed him about the Fanute,French told him he's not even aware that Fanute is in already in the mouth that that's just the way he talks,you know in Stay Scheming,he said "from the hoopty the Ghost" and people thought he said "Fanute coup" so,the media man got French up where he was sleeping and made him search Fanute Coup on twitter,the first thing French saw was a fan who said "French is retar.ded,whats Fanute" another talked about the way he speaks like someone who's drunk and said it's because he was shot on the head and that it probably hit his brain and that's why he talks like thatafter reading those tweets,French just laughed loud and looked at the media man's face and laughed again,imagine if it were to be our Nigerian musicians,they'd start dissing those fans
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Airforce1(m): 5:13pm On May 20, 2015
music with good lyrical contents don't sell

You've got to give to the street what they want

Album Loading...
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 6:24pm On May 20, 2015
Airforce1:
music with good lyrical contents don't sell

You've got to give to the street what they want

Album Loading...
Are you not the nairaland rapper? Even before your career starts,you've started showing us the type of music you'll feed us? Ggrin,come see your friend o
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Airforce1(m): 6:38pm On May 20, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Are you not the nairaland rapper? Even before your career starts,you've started showing us the type of music you'll feed us? Ggrin,come see your friend o

I'm not a rapper

I don't like rap music

If you're a rap artist in Nigeria, your parents won't be proud of you
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by DEIFIED(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2015
Op you're so right, it really annoying to hear some of them brag about how big or how good they are when it comes to music. But all songs in their albums cant measure up to international standard.

When i listen to songs by americans or British, i am like why are their concepts so different from the ones from nigeria singers. Even when they are claiming there have been great improvement in the nigeria music industry.
Even their music videos are so annoying, with half ucladed girls shaking their bumbum. We still have a long way to go, regarding the music videos, though there are some which can really measure up to international standard.
In the aspect of their beat, it not bad, atleast some of have really great beats.
The reason why i listen to or sing along with some nigerian music is prolly because of it beats, and maybe consistent hearing of it.
All in all i think it just the acceptanc of the general public of the style of music that influences the musicians.

Singers like james blunt, passenger, Adele, taylor swift, jay cole, eminem are the reason why like listening to music.
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by ggrin(f): 6:53pm On May 20, 2015
iamrealdeji:
na ur enemyundecided
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 6:54pm On May 20, 2015
Airforce1:

I'm not a rapper

I don't like rap music

If you're a rap artist in Nigeria, your parents won't be proud of you
yeah,you're right,no parent wants a rapper child,the guy's moniker just looks like yours
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Airforce1(m): 6:59pm On May 20, 2015
iamrealdeji:
yeah,you're right,no parent wants a rapper child,the guy's moniker just looks like yours

Which guy
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2015
ggrin:
na ur enemyundecided
mama ggrin,remind me now,what's the moniker of your rapper friend?
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2015
Lalasticlala,wont you give 'em some water to drink? This is my first time of requesting for front page space,this is front page worthier than many topics on front page right now
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Nobody: 11:14am On May 21, 2015
I understand you guys, but what I don't like about your views is how you expect nigerians to sing like james blunt, john legend, adele etc. Would any of those sing like nigerians?

Music world wide has become shitty, not just in nigeria alone. You need to know the amount of wack rappers america churns out by the day. One won't think thesame Puff daddy that discovered Mase and Notorious B.I.G would go ahead to sign silly rappers like yung joc and french montana. The devil is really in need of souls, so he doesn't mind his establishment signing half-baked talents so long they are willing to sell their souls. Same thing is happening in nigeria today. Artiste now showcase their wealth more than their talent. Gone are those days when a 9ice would fill you up with brilliant lyrics cos he knows the competition from 2face is fierce. These days, artiste just ride on the creativity of producers who cook excellent beats and it's so worldwide.

www.lifestyletonight..com/2015/05/greatest-nigerian-rappers-of-all-time.html
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 4:07pm On May 21, 2015
juicee1:
I understand you guys, but what I don't like about your views is how you expect nigerians to sing like james blunt, john legend, adele etc. Would any of those sing like nigerians?

Music world wide has become shitty, not just in nigeria alone. You need to know the amount of wack rappers america churns out by the day. One won't think thesame Puff daddy that discovered Mase and Notorious B.I.G would go ahead to sign silly rappers like yung joc and french montana. The devil is really in need of souls, so he doesn't mind his establishment signing half-baked talents so long they are willing to sell their souls. Same thing is happening in nigeria today. Artiste now showcase their wealth more than their talent. Gone are those days when a 9ice would fill you up with brilliant lyrics cos he knows the competition from 2face is fierce. These days, artiste just ride on the creativity of producers who cook excellent beats and it's so worldwide.

www.lifestyletonight..com/2015/05/greatest-nigerian-rappers-of-all-time.html
You just confirmed you know nothing about entertainment in America,what brought School boy Q into limelight? You think it's because of some producer? Hell no!! Yung Joc is not reigning anymore because he's a one hit wonder,he came out with entertaining songs and his career died along with his shitty lyrics,same for Soulja boy,more tight rappers are showing up everyday,you think Kendrick is reigning because he has shitty lyrics? Hell no,do your research again. Why is Nas Illmatic album still praised and listened to by critics till date? Its because of the rich lyrics. Eric B and Rakim's paid in full,KRS One and Boogie down's Criminal minded,Biggie's Ready to Die,Jigga's Reasonable Doubt, Dre's Chronic are still praised till date?? Because their lyrics are still very much appreciated, you can't even tell me anything about rap,you should rather ask me what you don't understand about it,as lyrically wack French Montana seem to be,no rapper in Nigeria can match his talent and lyrics in Nigeria,yes,ive listened to all his 20 mixtapes and Excuse my french album,he talks about money and flipping bricks a lot,but in a very creative and complex way,and who told you Biggie never talked about money and flipping bricks,bit.ches? I have listened to all of Biggie's albums and songs and all the songs he was featured in,what was Biggie talking about in 10 crack Commandment,Niggas Bleed,Hypnotize,Machine gun funk and many more? But he did it in a very creative way,talking about all those stuff is allowed in rap but in a very creative way, Freck Billionaire,Ar-ab,Beanie Sigel are some of the the best lyricists Philly ever produced and yet their lyrics are based on money,dr.ugs,bit.ches,but in a very creative way,poetic way,with rich puns,punchlines,metaphors,wordplays that would make you rewind it again,of course,don't listen to what people are saying about music in America pls,the competition is damn tight there,I know how it goes,i just listened to Yo Gotti's CM mixtape series from part 1 to 7 and the lyrics are super tight,i know what's going on there pls,if you spit shitty lyrics in America,you'll be labeled one hit wonder cos you won't last,critics are there and fans are there to criticize
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 21, 2015
iamrealdeji:
You just confirmed you know nothing about entertainment in America,what brought School boy Q into limelight? You think it's because of some producer? Hell no!! Yung Joc is not reigning anymore because he's a one hit wonder,he came out with entertaining songs and his career died along with his shitty lyrics,same for Soulja boy,more tight rappers are showing up everyday,you think Kendrick is reigning because he has shitty lyrics? Hell no,do your research again. Why is Nas Illmatic album still praised and listened to by critics till date? Its because of the rich lyrics. Eric B and Rakim's paid in full,KRS One and Boogie down's Criminal minded,Biggie's Ready to Die,Jigga's Reasonable Doubt, Dre's Chronic are still praised till date?? Because their lyrics are still very much appreciated, you can't even tell me anything about rap,you should rather ask me what you don't understand about it,as lyrically wack French Montana seem to be,no rapper in Nigeria can match his talent and lyrics in Nigeria,yes,ive listened to all his 20 mixtapes and Excuse my french album,he talks about money and flipping bricks a lot,but in a very creative and complex way,and who told you Biggie never talked about money and flipping bricks,bit.ches? I have listened to all of Biggie's albums and songs and all the songs he was featured in,what was Biggie talking about in 10 crack Commandment,Niggas Bleed,Hypnotize,Machine gun funk and many more? But he did it in a very creative way,talking about all those stuff is allowed in rap but in a very creative way, Freck Billionaire,Ar-ab,Beanie Sigel are some of the the best lyricists Philly ever produced and yet their lyrics are based on money,dr.ugs,bit.ches,but in a very creative way,poetic way,with rich puns,punchlines,metaphors,wordplays that would make you rewind it again,of course,don't listen to what people are saying about music in America pls,the competition is damn tight there,I know how it goes,i just listened to Yo Gotti's CM mixtape series from part 1 to 7 and the lyrics are super tight,i know what's going on there pls,if you spit shitty lyrics in America,you'll be labeled one hit wonder cos you won't last,critics are there and fans are there to criticize 
you got me wrong. You mentioned rappers of old who defined the game and paved the way for this shitty MCs. How many of the rappers to can be compared to the veterans you mentioned? Biggie talked about money in a matured way, does french do thesame? Can any of todays sell outs compare to tupac, snoop dog, and the vets you mentioned? No. Rapper has been watered down. As for french being better than all nigerian rappers....lol. Ever heard of mode 9? French aint even as good as ice prince. American rap is trashy this days, so stop acting like I included the past MCs. How many of them sell up to 500,000 copies these days? Few, unlike when real rappers sold 10millions. How many of them have that vocal prowess like dmx, nelly, ja rule, snow man etc? None, they all have thin and shitty baby voices e.g big sean, rae sraemmurd.

Why do you think Nas said rap is dead? He saw the fact that this present generation can't match with theirs. They just got the chance cos satan now allows any shithole in so long he caan sell his soul.

In nigeria these days, we don't listen to america music anymore cos they mostly lack content except for the singers. Gone are those days when radio staation was full of their content. Now, you'll hardly hear an american music. Even those that get played hardly interest people.

Shitty artiste everywhere....worldwide
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2015
juicee1:
you got me wrong. You mentioned rappers of old who defined the game and paved the way for this shitty MCs. How many of the rappers to can be compared to the veterans you mentioned? Biggie talked about money in a matured way, does french do thesame? Can any of todays sell outs compare to tupac, snoop dog, and the vets you mentioned? No. Rapper has been watered down. As for french being better than all nigerian rappers....lol. Ever heard of mode 9? French aint even as good as ice prince. American rap is trashy this days, so stop acting like I included the past MCs. How many of them sell up to 500,000 copies these days? Few, unlike when real rappers sold 10millions. How many of them have that vocal prowess like dmx, nelly, ja rule, snow man etc? None, they all have thin and shitty baby voices e.g big sean, rae sraemmurd.

Why do you think Nas said rap is dead? He saw the fact that this present generation can't match with theirs. They just got the chance cos satan now allows any shithole in so long he caan sell his soul.

In nigeria these days, we don't listen to america music anymore cos they mostly lack content except for the singers. Gone are those days when radio staation was full of their content. Now, you'll hardly hear an american music. Even those that get played hardly interest people.

Shitty artiste everywhere....worldwide
If you want to talk about Jeezy the snow man,don't talk about vocals,Jeezy has nothing to do with vocals cos he doesn't do vocals,i have listened to all his mixtapes and albums,he's a trap rapper,he talks about seling snow,he talks about money,rocking ice and does it with absolute creativity,he's a genius in trap rap. You can never compare French with mode nine,mode nine imitates KRS one and even Biggie,there's no pride in imitation,anyone that doesn't know about rap would think Mode Nine is lyrically good,he does conscious rap and in a simple way,just rhyming and nothing complex. rhyming doesn't define rap in any way. French is the combination of trap,mafioso rap and drill rap and can't be compared with Mode Nine,cos it's different rap sub genre. Lmao,you said French ain't as good as Ice Prince because he doesn't mention names of rich men to make a whole song? Ice Prince is straight up trashy with weak wordplay,wack puns. Its not easy to sell gold or platinum anymore cos everybody now have access to internet,i download albums and mixtapes everyday from numerous websites and free of charge,and that's how many people do,so,why wouldn't album sales decline? Lyricism has nothing to do with voice,Slick Rick had a childish voice too and a really good MC. Nas said hiphop is dead,thats his opinion,but Rakim whom Nas even did UBR(unauthorized biography of Rakim) for,Rakim who's the god MC and who is more like a hero to Nas said  hiphop is very much alive,he thought hiphop was dead because of the emergence of Soulja Boy,everybody thought Soulja Boy killed hiphop around that time,and where is Soulja Boy today? 
Lmao,you said you don't listen to American music anymore? Lmao again,you can only say that because you don't know anything about the present state of hiphop in America,more styles are emerging,more creative and brilliant MCS are coming up with really nice mixtapes and albums everyday. People that say that American rap is shitty know nothing at all about it,in fact this generation of rappers are really creative,creativity in rap is not about conscious rap,but about an MC spitting lines that would make you say "wow" lines that would make you rewind the music and want to hear it again,rap ain't about rapping like Tupac anymore,different sub genres get created these days unlike back then when styles are limited to East coast,west coast,dirty south,gangsta rap,scientific and some few subgenres,dudes are getting creative nowadays man,they come up with different rhyming styles everyday man,listen to Paul Cain,listen to West Philly Freck,Young Thrilla,Guwop,Fredo Santana,Big Krit and many more. Niggas can't continue rhyming the same old way,they have to create new styles to stand them out man,and lyrics are very much celebrated in America pls,some dudes have beats that are not really banging and they're hitting billboard charts. Meek Mill is so phucking stu.pid with his lyrics,his lyrics are very nice that even Nas said his lyrics are similar to his in Illmatic and that's why Meek is reigning,not because of some banging beats,same with Kendrick,School boy Q,Joey Badass,etc
Re: Why Nigerian Music Lacks Quality And Not Accepted Worldwide(photo) by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 21, 2015
He goes by the name ‘Ogatush’ based in Abuja, he is a rapper, a song writer. Here is a new single titled “From Ghana” and trust me when I tell you that this new kid on the block is the next BEST thing to happen to our music industry… You definitely gonna thank me cuz you’re about to move you feet like never before..

Download here: http:// www.datafilehost.com/d/0fad439f

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Cake Shaped Like Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup (photos) / Prophet Samuel King Who Prophesied The Death Of Ifeanyi Speaks Out / Ebube Nwagbo Finally Speaks Up About Engagement With Ray Emodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.