Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,156 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable (23707 Views)

Salary Arrears: Abia Headmistress Demoted For "Embarrassing Ikpeazu’s Wife" / Ambode Bashed For 'Embarrassing' V.P Osinbajo On Instagram (Photo) / PDP Blasts Buhari For 'Embarrassing' Treatment Given To Him By Cameron In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by SeverusSnape(m): 1:17pm On May 20, 2015
anonimi:

Or it says a lot about the mass illiteracy in our country with even the educated folks being ILLITERATE as well.

Otherwise how can anyone say a governor who scored 14% in the vital education sector is "excellent"

PATHETIC!!!
Can't you see that guy(themilanway) is a Buharistic illiterate?... He talks like the Daura President.

2 Likes

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by socialmediaman: 1:17pm On May 20, 2015
sammhi:

you so lazy u didn't even read the article you only saw headline and people comments..den u type your own...
read again..Iweala sent the memo August 2014..last year..... the memo was indicting the NIPC...

I read the article but I didn't see the 2014 part. I usually report people who insult to make a comment, be courteous
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by themilanway(m): 1:18pm On May 20, 2015
anonimi:

Or it says a lot about the mass illiteracy in our country with even the educated folks being ILLITERATE as well.

Otherwise how can anyone say a governor who scored 14% in the vital education sector is "excellent"

PATHETIC!!!

Mass illiteracy in Nigeria?Do you mean 16 is greater than 19? grin grin grin grin Mumu
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by themilanway(m): 1:22pm On May 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Can't you see that guy(themilanway) is a Buharistic illiterate?... He talks like the Daura President.

You and i once had a little talk about Buhari becoming the president again and you swore over your dead body.

Between you and i who do you honestly think is clueless? grin grin grin grin
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by CyberWolf: 1:22pm On May 20, 2015
socialmediaman:

I read the article but I didn't see the 2014 part. I usually report people who insult to make a comment, be courteous
sharap angry where is the insult? You do make some nice comment here but recently, your comments are so polarized along ethnic/partisan line..what happened to you? sad
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:24pm On May 20, 2015
aguiyi:

you are an illitrate, a very silly one at that.

who grants tax waivers, is it GEJ , okonjo or umar.

who wrote a letter stating the huge revenue losses to the Fg as a result of the said waivers.

your stupidity is really mind blowing.

if GEJ or okonjo were the ones issuing pioneership certificates will they need to write umar a letter.

if she was sacked since will the northern oligarchs not cry of witch hunt and northern agenda as usual.

you are truly dumb and demented

Mumu didn't you read where it was stated, that scam happened between 2010-2014 before the woman took over! Ode! The woman didn't spend up to 10months before thief Jonathan sacked her for whistle blowing! Anuofia!

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by themilanway(m): 1:25pm On May 20, 2015
dokyOloye:
No need replying a goat like U,in fact,U are sub-goat.Goats are more intelligent and reasonable than U.
grin

grin grin grin grin This all i do to zombie like you.

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 20, 2015
Ah Don bilif it.

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by SeverusSnape(m): 1:26pm On May 20, 2015
themilanway:

You and i once had a little talk about Buhari becoming the president again and you swore over your dead body.

Between you and i who do you honestly think is clueless? grin grin grin grin
Me?...swore over my dead body, Okay, Dig my past posts and show me.

By the way, you remain a Demented cow.

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by themilanway(m): 1:29pm On May 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Go and work on your grammar. You talk like Buhari. undecided

Buhari?You mean that"illiterate"who kicked a certain"PHD holder"to the curb?

If i call you mumu now you go dey vex grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Mumu didn't you read where it was stated, that scam happened between 2010-2014 before the woman took over! Ode! The woman didn't spend up to 10months before thief Jonathan sacked her for whistle blowing! Anuofia!

ewu hausa, my question to you is simple.

who grants pioneership status and tax waivers.

if it was the people your stupidity is leading to insult, will they right a letter to umar.

what was the purpose of making the letter public.

$20b is obviously the magic number for you dumb skulls .

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Dbboy(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2015
why is every news on assumed corruption amounts to 20 billion dollars. APC trying very hard to manipulate Nigerians subconscious to make this said amount 20 billion,stick this is classic manipulatory psychology of the subconscious mind which imply that even if such statement is not true as far as Nigeria see this figure over and over again, Nigerians would accept it true even if it turns out not been true, the white helping APC are doing a very good job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by themilanway(m): 1:34pm On May 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Me?...swore over my dead body, Okay, Dig my past posts and show me.

By the way, you remain a Demented cow.

I have far more important things to do than to look in the sewage for your old vomit.

You know it will only make me puke grin grin grin

Have a nice day my guy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by lastpage: 1:38pm On May 20, 2015
otr1:
...and Jonathan will be telling the gullibles about the cabals in the Oil and Gas sector.

Jonathan is the facilitator of the CABALS! He will probably end-up at Kirikiri the way these exposures are coming in
but then, #SaiBaba can simply re-appoint this woman back, after May29th..... and give her a free-hand to clean-up that Agency.
I remember Dora Akinyilu of blessed memory and how she cleaned-up NAFDAC and dealt a severe blow on those Drug fakers from even her own region of the country.
Those are the type of women we need in this country, under #SaiBaba's Govt.

BTW: Did anyone notice the "ethnic coloration" to those who oppose anything that exposes Jonathan's corruption?
Even when the evidence is "staring them in the face", they still pretend not to see or accept it!
Its a big shame!

Lastpage!
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by SeverusSnape(m): 1:39pm On May 20, 2015
themilanway:

I have far more important things to do than to look in the sewage for your old vomit.

You know it will only make me puke grin grin grin

Have a nice day my guy grin grin grin
Shut up. You know I didn't say that.
Run to the cave from whence you came out from.

2 Likes

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by saintopus(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2015
Goddex:
[size=13pt]APC propagandists seem to love '$20 billion' so much

1) Sanusu claimed $20 billion from NNPC was missing

2) Amaechi and progrethieves claimed $20 billion was missing from ECA

3) Now another #20 billion about NIPC
[/size]
You made my day! Laughing really hard man!!

So very true!!!

I dont know if there is something in 20Billion that this people do not want us to know!

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 20, 2015
Calm down , my people...Bushdoc is here!

Breaking down the report with Bushdoc...

Saratu Umar was fired as the executive secretary of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) on the suspicion that she leaked information on the granting of questionable tax waivers estimated to be worth $20 billion, TheCable can report.

Umar, who was appointed only last year, was sacked on Monday by President Goodluck Jonathan exactly eight days after a nine-month-old letter on the controversial waivers was leaked to the media — and six days after the NIPC staff union petitioned the president to ask for her removal.

No reason was given for her sack.

Nigeria is believed to have lost at least $20 billion to tax holidays granted to undeserving companies between 2010 and 2014, mostly on the recommendation of NIPC.

So, she was sacked apparently for playing whistleblower. Well....while I may admire her whistleblowing skills...and she may be right...a civil servant is not supposed to do such things.(I have relatives in the Service...as do most Nigerians. Rules is rules).

TheCable learnt that Umar was accused of leaking Okonjo-Iweala’s letter to the media in order to embarrass Jonathan and curry the favour of President-elect Muhammadu Buhari.

The prolonged media war against Umar by NIPC senior staff was believed to have been instigated “from outside” in order to prepare grounds for the removal of the woman

In other words...she wants to keep her job. By breaking civil service rules.Still....something smells fishy....or is it rodent....y.. grin

“It appears the current Executive Secretary has taken the staff agitation for her removal to a desperate point of dragging the outgoing administration of President Goodluck Jonathan to the mud by whipping up sentiments in the media at this critical time when the Nation is undergoing transition. The leakage of the letter by the Minister of Finance sent directly to the Executive Secretary of NIPC on August 12, 2014 and which has been in her custody, smacks of an act of irresponsibility and immaturity,” Ahmad Ghondi, chairman of NIPC union, wrote in the petition.

But Umar denied the allegations, saying some directors of the agency who were indicted for misappropriating NIPC’s funds were behind the protest.

When Union leaders talk like gofment officials....

Now why do I feel like I am on the set of one of Akira Kurosawa's films?

Moving on...

Nigeria is believed to have lost at least $20 billion to tax holidays granted to undeserving companies between 2010 and 2014, mostly on the recommendation of NIPC.

But this was before Umar became its chief executive and embarked on a tax holiday reform for which she was recently commended by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMFAC).

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the finance minister, had written to Umar in August 2014 to complain about the indiscriminate granting of waivers.

The letter, which was published in THISDAY on May 10, 2015, alleged that the federal government lost huge revenue to questionable tax holidays granted companies by NIPC.

In other words...she was put there to clean up house...and she was commended for it.

Chairman of RMFAC, Elias Mbam, recently commended Umar for “taking bold steps” that had sanitised the granting of the pioneer status incentives which had hitherto witnessed challenges in its administration that led to huge revenue loss to the federation.

Mbam said import duty waivers, concessions and exemptions “have direct bearing on the quantum of revenue accruals into the Federation Account which gets depleted and consequently affects the share of every tier of government”.

And here is one interesting titbit...

A beneficiary of this, according to Okonjo-Iweala, is Seplat, an operator of one of the fields belonging to NNPC.

“While SDPC (Shell) disposed of its interest to Seplat, NNPC disposed of its interest to NPDC (Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, being the exploration arm of NNPC). Seplat, thereafter, was granted a tax holiday whereas NPDC continued to pay taxes from the operation of the same field. This confers an unfair advantage on Seplat,” she wrote.

As many as 15 oil companies are believed to have benefit from the tax holidays despite not being eligible but for the connivance of NIPC officials.

The same officials who want Ms Umar out! Well, well well.

Conclusion

1.Ms Umar has been doing a good job cleaning house.

2.But Nigerians love their crumbs....they must not be denied their crumbs.

3.Ms Umar gets kicked out.....for serving her country properly.

4.And we all pretend it was because she was high handed.....meanwhile....the abuses continue.

Nigeria.....shaming honest people since.....well forever.

But I am a honest Nigerian....so I await the report of the committee!....whenever it is set up.
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by meezynetwork(m): 1:45pm On May 20, 2015
Was it not this same cable news outlet that reported the prof wole soyinka and igbo story? Keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by lastpage: 1:47pm On May 20, 2015
CyberWolf:
This ediotic NgeneUkwenu again angry that same bastard floated the fake news where the cable reported that Wole Soyinka accused Igbos for voting for their stomach...This same demonic incarnate aka UrennaNkolli is here again with fake news from the same cable..Everybody should disregard this silly bastard or better still lay a course (curse) and insult on him and his generation...bastard.. angry

Chineke! All these foul language within just a 3-line post! shocked shocked shocked
The "Mods" must be sleeping ...or gone AWOL! grin wink wink

Chai! Dearis Goodu Ooooooo.......! shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by saintopus(m): 1:48pm On May 20, 2015
Dbboy:
why is every news on assumed corruption amounts to 20 billion dollars. APC trying very hard to manipulate Nigerians subconscious to make this said amount 20 billion,stick this is classic manipulatory psychology of the subconscious mind which imply that even if such statement is not true as far as Nigeria see this figure over and over again, Nigerians would accept it true even if it turns out not been true, the white helping APC are doing a very good job.
The funy thing is that this method will be used by others against them. They thaught the masses the art of propaganda, now the people have realized how effective this could be so they are fashioning more better ways to do it.
But its a good one though.
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 20, 2015
Goddex:

[/size]

And you are saying Jona and cronies owe us $60billion.
That can help the power Education, health sectors to meet world standards
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by socialmediaman: 1:53pm On May 20, 2015
CyberWolf:
sharap angry where is the insult? You do make some nice comment here but recently, your comments are so polarized along ethnic/partisan line..what happened to you? sad

There you go! If that comment was an insult, I would've reported it without warning. I gave that note of caution to preempt the perceived possible reply to my post because it wasn't polite...

By the way, we have our different political ideologies, I don't see myself along ethnic or partisan lines, my ideal remains same, which is focused on nation building, but In politics one gets misunderstood, misinterpreted and quoted out of context often, so I accept your criticism...
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by quiet006storm: 1:54pm On May 20, 2015
In the midst of the Naija Palava, reflect on this- do you ever feel locked up in pain so badly that you become one with it? well let me give you an anchor http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/05/wheres-my-pain.html?spref=tw
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by lastpage: 1:58pm On May 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Conclusion

1.Ms Umar has been doing a good job cleaning house.

2.But Nigerians love their crumbs....they must not be denied their crumbs.

3.Ms Umar gets kicked out.....for serving her country properly.

4.And we all pretend it was because she was high handed.....meanwhile....the abuses continue.

Nigeria.....shaming honest people since.....well forever.

But I am a honest Nigerian....so I await the report of the committee!....whenever it is set up.

Emmm.. (Clears throat).

This Gofment has set up a Committee to investigate the Report of a Committee that would be set up to investigate the Report of the original Committee that the Minister promised to setup once the Report of the Committee that earlier complained that its Report to the Presidency has not been looked into, is released by the outgoing Gofment! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Seems you are on a very Loooooong WAIT.

Until Nigerians realized that corruption reduces their life-span and makes nonsense of the ONLY Life they have on Mother earth, irrespective of their Religion, Language, tribe or Political affiliation, UNTIL that day, may they continue to suffer and cry to a God that would just look at them and hiss, knowing they are the cause of their own affliction.
"As we lay our bed, so we will lie on it"

Like China, we need to stipulate the DEATH Penalty for these economic saboteurs so that even if we cant benefit now, our children and coming generations will benefit from it.

The above is my humble opinion and l owe no one any apology for it.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by emmatok(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2015
Ms Umar has done nothing wrong, he stepped on big men and they kicked him out.
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Bimpe29: 2:49pm On May 20, 2015
Jonathan's Presidency did more harm than good. Only God knows at what extent he ruined this poor country in the name fruitless Transformation.
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by ShortBlackBoy(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2015
All this bullsh*t and the companies that received these questionable waivers were not mentioned.
Lazy journalism.

Small minds bicker about the politics while the main issues are:

1.Were there actually waivers?
2. If yes, who were the beneficiaries?
3. Were the waivers given on merit or not?
4. Can we recover the money from the so called companies?
5. Can we prosecute both the giver and receiver of these fraudulent waivers

Instead of addressing these issues, thisday is here telling me about staff being against executive secretary etc

Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by lilcashking(m): 3:04pm On May 20, 2015
themilanway:
Give me one reason why Jonathan shouldnt be jailed.
Fellow citizens,
I address you once again in the course of our nation's history. I am disillusioned, disenchanted, disturbed and disorganized by the magnitude and intensity of corruption exhibited by the Jonathan's administration. I am bold to say without reservations that the government of Gooduck Ebele Jonathan is the most corrupt in the history of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I give you reasons why any Nigeria who has got blood flowing through his vains and not kerosine should not commit the satanic sacrilage of voting for Jonathan or the PDP. These economic cankaworms, financial scavengers and national devourers have succeeded in rewinding our national life by 20 years. The anointing of Deziani Alision Madueke(Minister Of Petroleum) by president Jonathan as the untouchable, uncrowned Prime Minister of Nigeria elucidates the degree of the looting of national treasury. This massager of Mr president (Deziani) has been indicted by six(6) reports namely:
1- The Farouk Lawal Report
2- The Senate Report on Subsidy
3- KPMG Report on the oil sector
4- The Aik Imuokhode Report
5- The Ribadu Report
6- The NEITI Report
Despite all these indictments, the darling favourite of Mr president is every wednesday immaculately attired and cosmopolitantly fashioned in DIAMONDS attending the Federal Executive Council Meeting under the watchful eyes of an unperturbed and conquered president. Suffice me therefore to explain why the almighty petroleum ministry under Jonathan have niether minister of state or Special Adviser. FCT ministry as small as it is have a Minister of State. The same petroleum ministry under president Obasanjo had four(4) ministers namely:
The substantive Minister, the Minister of State, Minister of State Gas and Minister of State Energy. Yet with a special Adviser ( Late Alhaji Rilwan Lukman) today, Deziani is the alfa and omega in the petroleum industry and the national treasurer of PDP and the presidential campaign. Now with this massive inredeemable and record breaking looting of our common patrimony, who ia that sane Nigerian who support a man who on national TV defended his demented proposition that stealing is not corruption? Nigerians must come out of thier gullible cocoons and operate in an active mileau. Say NO to the man who meet dollar at #119 and today is #225. Vote out the man who petrol at #65 and is today sold for over #90. Resist the party that says 16 is great than 19. Sweep out the man who granted clemency to corrupt Nigerians and villified the honest. In 2010, lagos-Abuja by air is #15,000, today is #35,000 by Arik. Femi Fanikayode, Reuben Abati and Doyin Okupe should all learn from the experience of Labaran Maku. No amount of pacakaging, window dressing, boju-boju and bolekaja politics will redeem or sell rotten eggs. Good rediance to bad rubbish. Mr president, Otuoke by road, safe journey.

1 Like

Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by boujaye: 3:32pm On May 20, 2015
otr1:
...and Jonathan will be telling the gullibles about the cabals in the Oil and Gas sector.

muffuns, any news you hear as long as it is against GEJ, it is true even without verifying, including those of APC and lai mohammed
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by GogetterMD(m): 3:35pm On May 20, 2015
Goddex:

[/size]
If you paid attention to details, you would notice all has one thing in common; $20 billion of oil money is missing
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Donbabaj: 3:37pm On May 20, 2015
Umar actually misinterpreted the law: The Industrial Development Act
GEJ & Iweala wey dey talk, she also needs to account for our $20b excess crude account
Re: How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable by Akiika: 3:39pm On May 20, 2015
9 looooong days to go!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"APC Has Failed Nigerians" - Dino Melaye Tells His Party / Wike Vs Fubara: Ijaw Youths Protest Against Minister Of FCT In Port Harcourt / Buhari's Letter To Senate On Appointment Of 2 Ministerial Nominees (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.