Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos (37307 Views)

Man Kills His Mother With A Matchet In Edo, Puts Corpse In Wheelbarrow (Photos) / 2 Siblings Kill Their Best Friend Over N5M In Ogun, Dump Corpse In A River. PICS / Cultist Murders Girlfriend, Dumps Corpse In Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by lalasticlala(m): 1:27pm On May 20, 2015
A 62-year-old woman, Joy Shittu, alongside her daughter Toyin, 25, were yesterday brought before a Lagos State Chief Magistrate’s Court sitting in Ebute for hiding a corpse.

The suspects were charged with conspiracy, indignity to and unlawful possession of human remains.

While testifying in court, the prosecutor, Etim Nkankuk, said the duo committed the offences in April, 2013, on Olaitan Mustapha Close, in the Ijaiye, Ojokoro area of Lagos.

The prosecutor said the suspects hid the corpse of one Olatunji Shittu in their apartment.

Nkankuk affirmed, “The suspects could not give a satisfactory answer when asked why the corpse was in their possession instead of being in a morgue.

“It should be brought to the notice of this court that investigation is still ongoing to ascertain the cause of the death of the deceased.”

According to the prosecutor, the offences contravened sections 163(b) and 410 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

Both accused persons however pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The Chief Magistrate, Olatunbosun Abolarinwa, consequently granted the accused bail in the sum of N100, 000 each.

Abolarinwa however adjourned the case till June 24, 2015.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/20/woman-daughter-arraigned-in-court-for-hiding-corpse-in-their-apartment/
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by SeverusSnape(m): 1:28pm On May 20, 2015
What does one need a corpse for?... Some people are psychopathic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2015
Weird !

1 Like

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by kilokeys(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2015
what were they gonna do with it?

cook soups?

wanna barf all over right now
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by ozoigbondu: 1:30pm On May 20, 2015
Can anything good come out of the sophiscated South West

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by MrPresident1: 1:31pm On May 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:

On Biafra we stand! grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by SeverusSnape(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:
grin grin
They are coming for you.
You started it. tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by ozoigbondu: 1:33pm On May 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:
grin grin
They are coming for you.
Let them come

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Pelummy(f): 1:35pm On May 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:
What's ur problem?

15 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by onyi4edu(f): 1:35pm On May 20, 2015
How can one live with a corpse under same roof shocked

Weird things happening these days embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by nerodenero: 1:36pm On May 20, 2015
Very unfriendly post. Crime cut across all ethnic groups.
ozoigbondu:

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by SeverusSnape(m): 1:37pm On May 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Let them come
Hehehehehehehehehehe...

3 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by ozoigbondu: 1:38pm On May 20, 2015
MrPresident1:

On Biafra we stand! grin
Biafra ezi Obodo anyi

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by ozoigbondu: 1:46pm On May 20, 2015
nerodenero:
Very unfriendly post. Crime cut across all ethnic groups.
Pelummy:
What's ur problem?
My post was in response to this
hardbody:

His name does not indicate he comes from that region where people are mostly antagonized for having too much money or loving it more than their lives.

5 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by snadguy007(m): 1:47pm On May 20, 2015
Wierd people

4 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by nwafuluozoh: 1:49pm On May 20, 2015
These ofe heads again.

15 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by nerodenero: 1:51pm On May 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:
I understand but I have made my point.
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 20, 2015
bail of 100k...Damn Politician go Steal 50 million naira dem go Talk bail 1000 naira.dere is God oo
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Pelummy(f): 1:53pm On May 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:

u can't judge all because of just 2 people , every individual has it on flaws ......... u aren't saint too

4 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 20, 2015
Wtf 'll make someone hide a corpse. Owkaey, they gotta investigate them. They could be on thier clifford orji shit.
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Twaci(f): 2:07pm On May 20, 2015
*to all those arguing above me*

No one is free from all these jaare! North, South, East, West.....we are all guilty!

Now back to the topic, there's nothing you won't hear nowadays! Wonder how they coped with the smell! Ewwwww!

*shrugs* Na Naija we dey sha.

2 Likes

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 20, 2015
62 year old with no sense! Kept the body for 2yrs and in that time they didn't once think -let me dump the body in the dessert, woods or bushes so that an animal could eat the corpse- undecided

Bloody amateurs grin
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 20, 2015
sad sad

I can't believe this .

there is more to this story.

dead body ? Two years ?

like seriously
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 20, 2015
Is dis I s l a m ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Purehuman(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2015
This country is scarier than horror film
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by docmoses(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2015
incase
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Isaacmacdon(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2015
Twaci:
*to all those arguing above me*

No one is free from all these jaare! North, South, East, West.....we are all guilty!

Now back to the topic, there's nothing you won't hear nowadays! Wonder how they coped with the smell! Ewwwww!

*shrugs* Na Naija we dey sha.
end of times
Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Twaci(f): 3:52pm On May 20, 2015
Isaacmacdon:
end of times
Seriously!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:

You need help

Unless you are restricted to your region and don't mix, then you need to sit down and think of what you just said.

If it makes sense to you, then i'll understand how to help you further.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman And Daughter Hide Corpse In Their Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 20, 2015
how can you be living in the same house with a rotten corpse and you don't know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Police Declare Woman Wanted For Stealing Company's N200million / Wike: SARS Responsible For Kidnapping Cases In Rivers (Video) / Engaging In Any Of These 7 Immoral Acts Can Make You Go To Prison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.