Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Nigerian Penny Stocks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Penny Stocks (5189 Views)

Penny Stocks, Speculative Stocks Video / How To Trade Global Penny Stocks / Penny Stocks: How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Penny Stocks by ssRhino: 1:23am On Aug 04, 2007
If you know of any good nigerian penny stock, pls forward the stock, let us make some money
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by jehosaphat: 1:51am On Aug 04, 2007
Thank you!! About time!!
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Cotton(m): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2007
Keep an eye on Japaul Plc.

Afprint has also moved a lot since last year. You might consider it too.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by crazyT(m): 12:41am On Aug 06, 2007
My advise will be:
Niglamp (although the volumes are not much but if you can drop some cash with your broker, he/she can start getting them little by little)
Dunlop
Vanleer
GUINEAINS

If you are able to get any of these stocks then you'll thank me later (don't ask me how I pick my stocks)

My previous advise on stocks:
Afroil was 0.42kobo and later got to 9 naira plus, Lasaco  was 1.20kobo got to 4.80, Capital Oil  was 33kobo and is now 0.58, Afprint  was 0.98kobo and now 4.25.

So feel free to take to my advise or reject it, afterall it's just an advise.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
Never buy a stock without doing some research on its intrinsic value e.g. price to earning ratio.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by ssRhino: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
CrazyT, u da best, i think i wil like to be comparing books with you, i will halla at the broker and see what he can make happen, cos if i can buy a share under 1Naira, and buy like 100K of it, and it now grows to like 9Naira each, do that math, u da man jare
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by crazyT(m): 12:33am On Aug 07, 2007
$$Rhino:

CrazyT, u da best, i think i wil like to be comparing books with you, i will halla at the broker and see what he can make happen, because if i can buy a share under 1Naira, and buy like 100K of it, and it now grows to like 9Naira each, do that math, u da man jare

You are welcome Rhino!

Just mark my words on those stocks if by November they are not more than 200% each.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by DisGuy: 1:54am On Aug 07, 2007
hi CrazyT

what sector is Vanleer? what do they do?
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by egoldman(m): 2:20am On Aug 07, 2007
$$Rhino:

CrazyT, u da best, i think i wil like to be comparing books with you, i will halla at the broker and see what he can make happen, because if i can buy a share under 1Naira, and buy like 100K of it, and it now grows to like 9Naira each, do that math, u da man jare

hope your buying not just because its under 1 naira ( cheap ) better you buy based on sound fundamentals even if its above your target (under 1 naira )

well what do you guys think of abc transport ? having checked them recently it seems that they are the leader in their area operation and might remain so for sometime to come , their last two results are not bad either .you may check them out here http://www.abctransport.com/ and give your opinion .
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by ssRhino: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2007
egoldman, thanx to you too pally, i will check that one out too
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Iwerebor(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2007
Are penny stocks not hard to get?it seems to me that the time to home is during a public offer.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by lokia(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2007
yes i think ABC is is a nice buy with their new branch in Ghana. but my fear is what happens if they lose/have accidents? wont their share price drop drastically?
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Aporo: 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2007
Egoldman's post seems to answer that question - always analyze the fundamentals behind a stock before purchase, penny or not!!
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Iwerebor(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2007
how are fundamental analysis made? what are the things that factor into this analysis?
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Aporo: 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2007
Whilst i am not an expert on stock analysis, i can identify the following fundamentals:

1. Market share or dominance of the company;

2. The market strength of the Company's product(s) over competition E.g are the product's performance contingent on some other happenings or it's always dominant?

3. Management is key. E.g Access Bank Plc has been recognized for its crop of top managers of late;

4. Debt Profile/Financial Viability of the Company - This factor is significant, it will determine payment of dividends and other pecks. In any event, payment of dividend in the last couple of years will always be a good indicator of a company's financial strength;

6. Look out for likely strategic alliances the company may have with a larger and more reknown company or even potential investments by foreign investor. That has been a major growth driver in the Nigerian banking sector of late.

7. Look out for industry trends i.e ban on importation/exportation one way or the other.

8.Look at the books. If you don't have the expertise, you may want to consult an analyst before you take a position.

These tips are borne out of my personal experience in investments.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Iwerebor(m): 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2007
Whilst i am not an expert on stock analysis, i can identify the following fundamentals:

2. The market strength of the Company's product(s) over competition E.g are the product's performance contingent on some other happenings or it's always dominant?

3. Management is key. E.g Access Bank Plc has been recognized for its crop of top managers of late;

4. Debt Profile/Financial Viability of the Company - This factor is significant, it will determine payment of dividends and other pecks. In any event, payment of dividend in the last couple of years will always be a good indicator of a company's financial strength;

6. Look out for likely strategic alliances the company may have with a larger and more reknown company or even potential investments by foreign investor. That has been a major growth driver in the Nigerian banking sector of late.

7. Look out for industry trends i.e ban on importation/exportation one way or the other.

8.Look at the books. If you don't have the expertise, you may want to consult an analyst before you take a position.

Interesting but most of these are not things you can do math on.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Iwerebor(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2007
@Aporo
do you think stock exchanges also do calculations in valuing stocks? that is, how do they come up with the daily stock pricing?
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Aporo: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2007
Fundamental analysis of stocks could either be quantitative (in which case you work the figures) or qualitative (value based).

Investment experts are polarised on which of these is the best. Both works actually in different scenarios but the common ground appears to be a balanced use of both.

I do more of qualitative analysis and it has always worked for me hence the lack of figures or measurable values in my earlier write up.

You may be quantitative type, just fashion out whichever works for you and make money!.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Aporo: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2007
I know daily stock prices are dictated by the forces of demand and supply.

I will leave the details of how this works out to the experts in the house.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by egoldman(m): 9:30pm On Aug 07, 2007
Aporo:

Most of the things u listed are what made me buy abc stocks ;

they seem to dominate in their in transport section now in Nigeria, at the list to the best of my knowledge , they have some value added services and products , example they are the first and probably the only transport company thats listed on the NSE .
the first and probably the only transport company that have online facility where you can book oyur ticket online via fidelity bank .
they have traqcking dives that tracks the speed of their drivers and also report to some kind of central station detailing where theire buses are at any given time , with this innovation their drivers would stick their required speed , this will improve safety of passengers and instill confidence .
they have been awarded best transport company in Nigerian, i forgot the year though it was recently.They recently won some contract from lagos state goverment .
their profit after tax has been increasing too , they are spreading their wings to other parts of west africa and this will reflect in their earnings .
one of the main reason why i like them is the cash flow , passengers dont come to the bus park without their ticket money grin grin
ofcos there are risks just like in any other stock , but can the whole of their fleet just have accidents at the same time ?not really .
finally am not any guru oooh, i suggest that them gurus should add to what i have said , thanks .
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Ojukwursg(m): 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2007
Egoldman,

You failled that ABC is facing stiff competition on the West Africa route by Chisco Transport, another reliable transport company. Chisco offers more flexibilty on this lucrative route (LAG-ACC) than ABC. Recently ABC staff have become a little reckless in handling their responsibility resulting in their being delayed at the boarder crossing. A case was recorded just two weeks ago when ABC was delay for 4 hours at Togo/Benin boarder enroute Nigeria for carry banned goods. They could not even "settle" and had to ask the passengers to contribute money for settlement. They were further delayed at Benin/Nigeria boarder for the same reason.

The regulated speed of ABC is not and advantage. 80km/h is rather too slow for this long route. Chisco is doing much better at say 100 km/hr and they have good safety records too.

Finally most road traveller's dont like booking in advance for their journey. The next time I travel home from ghana, I planned to use Chisco or some other commercial cars plying the route.

The point am noting is that ABC has not great advantage over the other vehicles plying the road.

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by crazyT(m): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2007
Ojukwu_rsg:

Egoldman,

You failled that ABC is facing stiff competition on the West Africa route by Chisco Transport, another reliable transport company. Chisco offers more flexibilty on this lucrative route (LAG-ACC) than ABC. Recently ABC staff have become a little reckless in handling their responsibility resulting in their being delayed at the boarder crossing. A case was recorded just two weeks ago when ABC was delay for 4 hours at Togo/Benin boarder enroute Nigeria for carry banned goods. They could not even "settle" and had to ask the passengers to contribute money for settlement. They were further delayed at Benin/Nigeria boarder for the same reason.

The regulated speed of ABC is not and advantage. 80km/h is rather too slow for this long route. Chisco is doing much better at say 100 km/hr and they have good safety records too.

Finally most road traveller's don't like booking in advance for their journey. The next time I travel home from ghana, I planned to use Chisco or some other commercial cars plying the route.

The point am noting is that ABC has not great advantage over the other vehicles plying the road.
Cheers

But your favourite CHISCO is not listed on the NSE.

@ Aporo

My friend you are on the right path to make good money come December, just mark my word.

As for me and my house ABC Transport is our NR 1 stock for this period in time,  grin
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by Ojukwursg(m): 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2007
crazyT:

But your favourite CHISCO is not listed on the NSE.

@ Aporo

My friend you are on the right path to make good money come December, just mark my word.

As for me and my house ABC Transport is our NR 1 stock for this period in time, grin

You are right, Chisco is not listed on the NSE, but dont expect jumbo profit from ABC, thats the point. Am not trying to discourage you.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by youngdoc: 8:27am On Aug 18, 2007
So what happens to penny stocks with this new Naira policy? A stock that was 0.60 kobo like some insurance companies would have a base price below which they can not descend right? like 1kobo.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by tundejj: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2007
Yea,

one can really make good money on penny stock. visit (nairakobo dot com) to read more about peny stock, the penny stock that can give u big return by Sanmi Akindipe of Success Digest under penny stock board.

thx
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by kenosaro: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2007
We bring to you 'kennyosaro linkserve' a group of enterprenus who major their dealings on E-business relatively
- Sale and exchange of egolds

-sale of e-bullion
-forex trading
-online investment
It's an instant process and reliable
contact Mr ken for more info
Ken
kennyosaro@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by aksance: 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2007
hey, crazyT, do you have any info on Dunlop? i'm interested in the stock - is your recommendation based on fundamentals, market sentiment or some news from the grapevine?
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by sherriff: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2007
Hello House,
Guys i think you are doing a swell job, you will be surprise how many people all over the globe check out this site. Well, am also interested in information concerning dunlop shares. can our in house experts give us some insihgts. cheers. cool
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by crazyT(m): 12:05am On Aug 25, 2007
aksance:

hey, crazyT, do you have any info on Dunlop? i'm interested in the stock - is your recommendation based on fundamentals, market sentiment or some news from the grapevine?

My recommendations are based on 2 different ideologies i.e. "news from grapevine" and ,  (I'll keep that one to myself) But if you think I am just a joker (don't take to my advise) but don't forget to write down those stocks I mentioned and check them out in November. Have you noticed Guinea Ins already? That is the beginning.
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by nigboy(m): 4:16am On Dec 18, 2008
what is the definition of a penny stock?
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by poske(m): 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2008
The value of a penny stock can also be accredited to the speed and instruction passed to your broker, as by the time a broker actually buys or sells your stock it may no longer be a penny stock cheesy grin My Question is what is the fastest speed a broker has purchased/sold a stock for you which you have confirmed in your CSCS account, thanks open to the house,
Re: Nigerian Penny Stocks by supereagle(m): 7:57am On Nov 18, 2012
nigboy: what is the definition of a penny stock?
Any stock that is sold below #5.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Introducing-The Drop Shipping Naija Blueprint / NSE Commends Nigerian Breweries As New Managing Director Visits Lagos Floor / Can 500k Start A Shoe Biz?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.