Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC (9481 Views)

Peterside In Early Lead In Rivers - The Nation / David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / PDP In Early Lead In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by illiad: 11:46pm On May 20, 2015
All the mango heads in nairaland would be saddened by this revelation.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by nonaira: 11:47pm On May 20, 2015
I'm not even going to say anything. #ghost mode. You know the haters would come dey hate like they do everybody else wet progress. grin grin ironically, it was one of their brother yarning this truth. grin grin

Umu Igbo clap for yourselves

Anambra, IMO and Enugu...Dalu for leading, the rest of us would join Una soon. 40 years ago, they took everything from our father's and mother's; it took less than 40 years for us to start knocking nigg@s out and taking it back. who God blessed, no man can stop

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by nonaira: 11:49pm On May 20, 2015
PureWays:
One thing I like about the Yoruba race is that: We don't need to boast about our academic success. What we've achieved so far academically is obvious..

I'm not surprised about the new development in the east though, afterall Patience Jonathan has a doctorate degree... grin

Well, empty barrels make the louder noise...

See one of am. He just finished drinking his hatroade, let's give him enough space to continue vomiting it out grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by illiad: 12:00am On May 21, 2015
Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled “Dwindling Oil Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?” posited that today, despite the pitiful state of unemployment in Nigeria, ironically, the nation is still rated as the third destination of investors and one of the fastest-growing economy in the world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a golden land of numerous opportunities for those who are resourceful, ingenious, creative, innovative, inventive, groundbreaking, enterprising, hardworking, focused, visionary and, most significantly, disciplined. Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth. The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger- Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities. The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos. More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas. Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners. The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops. Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths. Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity. I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease. Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively. In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013. The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself. Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP. Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son’s expected defeat. Victorious Buhari’s teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman. In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by patrick89(m): 12:16am On May 21, 2015
scholes0:
Have you put the states pipulations into consideration before jubilating?
lol Ekiti is like a tiny state compared to the likes of Anambra and Imo and yet it is in number 4 and Ondo in 6.
Hardly worth Jubilating about, do Doctors and Proffessors per capita and Ekiti an Ondo still lead.
Also can we see actual numerical figures?
a yoruba man will be like "I'm educated" what is this one saying abeg? Did I not tell you that these people have encoded in their gene, sickle mindset

1 Like

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:21am On May 21, 2015
PureWays:
Nah broh.... Nah broh.... Nah broh... I believe if the statement is not true, you guys don't need to bother..

I wanna try what you are smoking.....lol
So,I you call me a thief the best way to disprove it is to shut up....lol....You geh sense grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by patrick89(m): 12:21am On May 21, 2015
scholes0:

The article only made mention of those five states, which was why I talked about them.
i dont know the positions of the other states so i cant make any concludions about them.

And even the article quotes no figures, and is an opinion without reference.
this is why yorubas are poor mangers! Well good for you, I don't care about your well being if you like keep claiming sophiscated whereas, you guys are missing road. You de enter bush.!

8 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by codedslayer: 4:12am On May 21, 2015
See yheeboes jubilating over the opinion of one so called Yoruba man. Buhahahahaha. Inferiority complex be dis ooo. The tribalistic ugly OP cut part of a so called article of one yoruba guy on naij.com and add NUC to it, lmaooooo. This is damn funny.
Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by 400billionman: 6:31am On May 21, 2015
Sure, all my siblings are doctorate degree holders and some of my in laws.

I am pursuing money with BSc. I no send..

Igbos are blest..

8 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by 400billionman: 6:32am On May 21, 2015
kenis:
The time of free education has gone.

Their time for money ritual has cum..

4 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by gratiaeo(m): 6:32am On May 21, 2015
I love Igbo. Who need American citizenship when u are from Anambra state?

7 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by 400billionman: 6:34am On May 21, 2015
PureWays:
One thing I like about the Yoruba race is that: We don't need to boast about our academic success. What we've achieved so far academically is obvious..

I'm not surprised about the new development in the east though, afterall Patience Jonathan has a doctorate degree... grin

Well, empty barrels make the louder noise...

Patience Jona is not an Igbo woman.

Bro, did you finish school ?

7 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by 400billionman: 6:37am On May 21, 2015
scholes0:
lol Ekiti is like a tiny state compared to the likes of Anambra and Imo and yet it is in number 4 and Ondo in 6.
Hardly worth Jubilating about, do Doctors and Proffessors per capita and Ekiti an Ondo still lead.

What happened to Lagos state whose population is 5 times other SW states ?

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by 400billionman: 6:50am On May 21, 2015
illiad:
Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in
an article titled “Dwindling Oil
Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?”
posited that today, despite the pitiful
state of unemployment in Nigeria,
ironically, the nation is still rated as the
third destination of investors and one
of the fastest-growing economy in the
world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a
golden land of numerous opportunities
for those who are resourceful,
ingenious, creative, innovative,
inventive, groundbreaking,
enterprising, hardworking, focused,
visionary and, most significantly,
disciplined.
Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian,
I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba
youths in the current fight against
unemployment, starvation and poverty
in Nigeria. This question was
necessitated by my discovery through
indirect observations that Yoruba
youths are the most lazy, perfidious
and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at
today.
I discovered that the pride of an
average Yoruba youth has
overshadowed his intellectual
judiciousness, level-headedness and
sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians
submitting their resumes to
multinational corporations eight would
be Yorubas. Folks from my generation
in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to
tap from the abundant opportunities
that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for
primitive accumulation of wealth.
The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-
Deltans and the Northerners have
indirectly taken over the control of
economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s
indisputable number one centre of
success, excellence and opportunities.
The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually
been taken over by the Easterners. The
data that I got from the Nigerian
custom services divulges that 63% of
those licensed to transact businesses in
Apapa Wharf are Igbos.
More so, data collected from licensing
office reveals that owners of 56% of
commercial motorcycles in Lagos are
Northerners and Easterners. The
lucrative transport business has been
hijacked from the Yorubas.
Today, the major work of average
Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is
to collect royalty, due and charges from
the Hausas and Igbos, using their
motorcycles to make cool cash from
their land. Ninety-five percent of
transport, travel and tour firms
operating in Lagos are owned by the
enterprising and hardworking
Easterners.
The Yorubas stay at various
intersections harassing hardworking
people transacting their legal
businesses in the name of collecting
charges and dues for the local
government. I also discovered that
majority of the few Yorubas riding
commercial motorcycles in Lagos are
locally-trained automobile engineers
that have abandoned their workshops.
Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and
Owode motor spare parts markets in
Lagos are now solidly in the hands of
Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are
in the market collecting dues for their
local government chairmen and the
Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo,
Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota,
etc. markets have been taken over by
the Easterners and Northerners who
are predominantly youths.
Let me also assert unequivocally that
the Igbo youths are now becoming
more prosperous in the entertainment
industry than the Yoruba youths.
Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their
DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of
the satellite television; rather, they
watch some other movie channel that
show English movies with actors and
actresses of Igbo extraction. Why?
Because most Yoruba movies are short
of creativity.
I can also articulate that 85% of the
CEOs and executive directors of
commercial banks operating in Nigeria
today are Igbos and Hausas under the
age of 50. They are very talented in
boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba
counterparts, and they assist each
other with an amazing ease.
Educationally, the Yorubas are no
longer in the top-three. According to
the National Universities Commission
(NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have
the highest number of professors and
doctorate degree holders in Nigeria.
Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top
the list have been demoted to number
four and six respectively.
In 2014, the reports of the West African
Examinations Council (WAEC) and the
National Examination Council (NECO)
revealed that the Yorubas have been
upturned by the Easterners in terms of
academic performance. Ekiti, a state
known as fountain of knowledge, was
number 34 in 2013.
The Yorubas are also missing in the
sports sector. The Golden Eaglets,
Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes,
Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other
national teams are dominated by the
Igbos and Hausas. The team that won
the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria
in 2013 was tagged Biafran national
team by some columnists and social
commentators, including myself.
Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are
more united than the Yorubas. The
result of the 2015 presidential election
is a point of reference. The Hausas
voted massively for General Buhari of
the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily
voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the
PDP.
Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing
during the election. Jonathan’s inner
circle members are currently blaming
the Yorubas for their son’s expected
defeat. Victorious Buhari’s
teammates are reportedly saying that
the Yorubas contributed little or
nothing to the success of their kinsman.
In conclusion, I want to impel my
generation in the Western part of
Nigeria to wake up and begin to act.
The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing
today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put
ourselves in strategic positions. The
bitter truth is that our leaders only
think for themselves and their children.

Nothing but the truth.

When I consider transport companies in Nigeria, I get baffled. I once wrote something like this stating who controls different arms of the private sector in Nigeria but tribal bigots called mods deleted it.

Ekesons, Peace, Ifesinachi, The Young, AKTC, GUO. Nah who get them ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by PureWays(m): 7:08am On May 21, 2015
400billionman:

Patience Jona is not an Igbo woman.

Bro, did you finish school ?
Ofcourse PEJ is not a igbo woman... I just used her as an example to remind y'all the kind of educational system we have in this country.
Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by italo: 7:11am On May 21, 2015
scholes0:

What about Oyo, Ogun with large population?

grin

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:26am On May 21, 2015
scholes0:

Anambra is the smallest state after lagos

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by biafransoul: 7:28am On May 21, 2015
No need to castigate anybody or state. This should be a wake up call to all Yorubas. There is dignity in labour and the way Nigeria is going, there is no room for laziness or I get am before mentality. Yoruba ro nu

6 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by bandely(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2015
MODs, please edit the title of the thread. There was no citation as to where NUC released such fact, therefore we cannot take the opinion of the author of the article as a fact.
It is wrong and unethical to attribute this news to NUC when we cannot find a supporting document/site. Suffice to say that this may pass as falsification or distortion of facts.
NB: I have no issues with whichever state tops, but to attribute this to NUC when we can't find evidence is wrong. Can I also copy an article from FakeNaijaNews.com that says a Nigerian is the first person to land on the moon, and then attribute it to NASA?
Cc: lalasticlala
Mukina2
Ishilove

2 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by scholes0(m): 7:54am On May 21, 2015
400billionman:

What happened to Lagos state whose population is 5 times other SW states ?
italo:

What about Oyo, Ogun with large population?

grin

Only 5 states were quoted in the Original article
Viz: Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Ondo and Ekiti.
The article CLAIMED the first three now lead in Doctorate Degrees in the country, while the other two Ekiti and Ondo are 4th and 6th respectively.... I didnt not mention Osun, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo, neither did I mention Abia or Ebonyi, because nowhere were they discussed in the article posted by the thread OP, so since we don't know what their rankings are, we can keep those for another day.
I have tried and tried to find the NUC report that made any mention even remotely to anything above, but to no avail.... Is it a secret report or what? ... If it is out there, then we should be able to see it, it is not too much to ask.

Mind you, I don't actually mind which state comes out with the most Doctors (Eastern or Western), as long as it is a Southern Nigerian state, I am fine, because contrary to what many of you think, positive competition can actually be a good thing.

I only made two points in this thread so far:
1* On a more specific basis of judgement (Individually) Ekiti is still the highest ranked in the country, if the article is anything to go by, while Ondo is still performing better than Anambra and Imo

2* The article is not Credible, and sounds more like the wailings of a confused Yoruba guy to me.... no sources , and the article is too emtion laden to be objective.
Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by Nobody: 8:05am On May 21, 2015
funkybully:
Yet some people living in d past tagged themselves " fountain of knowledge " sophisticated propagandists and revisionists.

Every indices points to SE leading in Education. Let's allow the chest beating gorillas that "accommodate" fellow Nigerians to continue living in d past.

Kudos Anambra, imo nd Enugu

Why Abia State and Ebonyi dey fall my hand na?. grin grin grin
If i catch Theordore Orji of Abia for road after May 29 eeh > cool
oops! i forgot his now a senator grin shocked

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by proudlyhandsome: 8:08am On May 21, 2015
Ikengawo:

http://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

Having heard Jonathan, his wife, Obiano and few Professors from the East at National collation centre for 2015 election result, i totally gave up on your pay as you go educational system in the East region.

I now understand the reason why none of Eastern universities has ever been rated among best d universities in Africa.

96% of these doctorate degree holders paid their way through.

Go to Oil and Gas industry to see who is dominating

Come to Banking industry- the only way few igbos were able to secure jobs in this industry was as a result of Igbo controlled bank.

Federal Ministries is more or less a Yoruba man companies.

Federal parastatals is the same story.

Come to UK and US universities to see the real truth

I ll post the pictures of students graduation list of two universities here in UK for you to see the true picture of what is going on. Thousands of Yorubas are in UK & US universities.

Yorubas are not competing with Igbos cos they are years ahead in terms of quality education; Igbos are the ones buying certificates, pushing illiterates through O' levels so as to match up with Yoruba supremacy as far as education is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by scholes0(m): 8:32am On May 21, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

Yorubas are not competing with Igbos cos they are years ahead in terms of quality education; Igbos are the ones buying certificates, pushing illiterates through O' levels so as to match up with Yoruba supremacy as far as education is concerned.

Oh common stop it bros...
Competition is good.... It makes people sit up. Do you know for example that if Nigeria was not located in West Africa, Ghana would not have any movie or music industry to speak of? lol
We can all learn from one another.
Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by Nobody: 8:35am On May 21, 2015
Igbo people are one of the gifted and blessed group of people on this planet especially those from Anambra...fear those people! Thick, undiluted jewish blood run in their veins...to dominate everything they set their hands on. Dr. Thomas Sowell rated the Igbos on par with the Germans and Jews.

From Ibibio brother!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by scholes0(m): 8:39am On May 21, 2015
new2020:
Igbo people are one of the gifted and blessed group of people on this planet especially those from Anambra...fear those people! Thick, undiluted jewish blood run in their veins...to dominate everything they set their hands on.[size=14pt] Dr. Thomas Sowell[/size] rated the Igbos on par with the Germans and Jews.

From Ibibio brother!

Ooh God!

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by Nobody: 8:40am On May 21, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

Having heard Jonathan, his wife, Obiano and few Professors from the East at National collation centre for 2015 election result, i totally gave up on your pay as you go educational system in the East region.

I now understand the reason why none of Eastern universities has ever been rated among best d universities in Africa.

96% of these doctorate degree holders paid their way through.

Go to Oil and Gas industry to see who is dominating

Come to Banking industry- the only way few igbos were able to secure jobs in this industry was as a result of Igbo controlled bank.

Federal Ministries is more or less a Yoruba man companies.

Federal parastatals is the same story.

Come to UK and US universities to see the real truth

I ll post the pictures of students graduation list of two universities here in UK for you to see the true picture of what is going on. Thousands of Yorubas are in UK & US universities.

Get out from here! Yorubas are no match to the Igbos. Don't be fooled that Yorubas got ahead of the Igbos after the civil war because the Igbos were damaged by the war and at disadvantage.....that was the only reason Yorubas got ahead; coupled with the free education by Awolowo. However they have reclaimed that seat since 2000 and have done so with huge margin as it were prior to the war.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by truefact: 8:45am On May 21, 2015
They had free education, yet those who had nothing and still managed and tolled to pay for education has surpassed them...
Shame and bigger shame to the free education benefactors
Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by scholes0(m): 8:46am On May 21, 2015
truefact:

Shame and bigger shame to the free education benefactors

Including all the Igbos who were either already resident in the West or came at that time to make use of the system in place.
Some of you write like Kindergaarten kids.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by Chiaka(f): 9:10am On May 21, 2015
Every tribe got enough doctorate. Not a topic for discussion. Stop the senseless tribe talks please!

1 Like

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by Super1Star: 9:19am On May 21, 2015
Ikengawo:

http://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

Below is the list of Banks and their CEO plus their likely regions:

BANK NAME REGION
1 ACCESS BANK HERBERT IGWE SE
2 GTB SEGUN AGBAJE SW
3 WEMA SEGUN OLOKETUYI SW
4 FIDELITY NNAMIDI OKONKWO SE
5 ZENITH PETER AMANGBO SE
6 FIRST BANK BISI ONASANYA SW
7 FCMB LADI BALOGUN SW
8 CITIBANK OMAR AFEEZ NON-NIGERIAN
9 STANDARD
CHARTERED BOLA ADESOLA SW
10 STANBIC SOLA DAVID BORHA SW
11 UNITY HENRY JAMES SEMENITARI SS
12 DIAMOND UZOMA DOZIE SE
12 ECOBANK JIBRIL AKU NORTH
13 MAINSTREET ACQUIRED BY SKYE SW
14 SKYE KEHINDE DUROSINMI-ETTI SW
15 HERITAGE IFIE SEKIBO SS
16 UNION EMEKA EMUWA SE
17 STERLING YEMI ADEOLA SW
18 KEYSTONE PHILIP IKEAZOR SE
19 ENTREPRISE ACQUIRED BY HERITAGE SS
20 UBA PHILIP ODUOZA SE (not sure)

9 out of the 20 CEOs are from SW, which is 45%.

We need an empirical evidence of Anambra having the highest doctoral degree holder. There was nothing of such on NUC website.

Ibos and their eternal lying mechanism deflated again. They think Doctoral Degrees are acquired inside 2by2inches shops. Jokers.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by scholes0(m): 9:21am On May 21, 2015
new2020:

Get out from here! Yorubas are no match to the Igbos. Don't be fooled that Yorubas got ahead of the Igbos after the civil war because the Igbos were damaged by the war and at disadvantage.....that was the only reason Yorubas got ahead; coupled with the free education by Awolowo. However they have reclaimed that seat since 2000 and have done so with huge margin as it were prior to the war.

Hmmmmph!!....see lies... You have Overtaken the SW with HUGE margin since 2000 you say?
here are national literacy Figures from 2012 (3 yrs ago), For your reading pleasure.

The same Imo That has one of the highest rates of Doctors in Nigeria is having literacy rate in the low 50's? Ok na ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra, Imo Enugu Now Lead In Doctorate Degree Holders In Nigeria - NUC by Nobody: 9:37am On May 21, 2015
redsquare:
Igbo states took the first, second and third positions. Thought they said Igbos are just spare parts sellers? Where are my brothers from the "sophisticated" region? This is 2015, you guys should stop living in your past glory. SE and SS have taken over educationally.

Its only an Igbo man that will dump his masters degree Cert, go into business and still employ his fellow master holders from far and beyond, Most of the Alaba boy have their first degree but ppl who dont know will call them iliitrate ....Che-che -che.....IGBO KWENU!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Manhunt For Gov Akpabio Begins / I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari / DPR: 32 Refinery Licences Now Invalid Between 2018 And 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.