Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari (9488 Views)

Omokri: I’ll Give You $100,000 If You Can Show Where CSU Registrar Denied Tinubu / You think Buhari’s Administration Can Deliver free, fair elections? - Al-Jazeera / Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by ZWorld: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari says free, fair and credible elections are the foundation of political stability and peace in any nation, assuring that he will leave a legacy of free and fair elections.

The President said this when he inaugurated the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council in Abuja on Monday.

He noted that the quality of elections since 2015 had continued to improve with declining levels of problems that had defined elections in the past.

“We have insisted that votes must count and have maintained a policy of non-interference in elections.

“INEC has so far since 2015, conducted fair and credible elections in 195 constituencies nationwide, which have been attested nationwide to be qualitatively better than previous elections.

“Let me reiterate my commitment to free and fair elections. If there is one legacy I want to leave is the enthronement of democracy as a system of government. And for democracy to be enthroned, elections must be free and fair.

“That means citizens have a right to vote for candidates of their choice without intimidation in any form. I have warned INEC and security agencies to that effect.

“We will keep insisting that votes must count. Our campaigns will be anchored on our performance in the last four years,’’ he said.

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/ill-give-nigeria-a-legacy-of-free-fair-elections-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by ifymadu: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
Action speaks louder than voice, you can't be saying something but your actions points to the opposite direction. If you are serious, ask the security agencies and INEC to begin acting with some level of neutrality. You might mean well for Nigeria but those you have surrounded yourself with are not helping matters in anyway.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Nevee: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Too late bro, seems Jonathan did that already.

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Sirheny007(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
“We will keep insisting that votes must count. Our campaigns will be anchored on our performance in the last four years,’'

If indeed elections be free and fair,
If indeed people vote according to the above highlighted,
Buari has got no chance.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Raymysterio(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ok.
Would really be glad if he does that... But the indices currently on ground now is stating otherwise. Planning a nation wide OP Python Dance 3... Prior to election, through the period of election and beyond. Appointing a controversial officer to head National Collation center of INEC and toiling with the retirement of the current Police IG is showing another sign...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by hisexcellency34: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
I am a die hard fan of Atiku but from feelers i am getting, he can't win the presidential election

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by zlantanfan: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Its not by likes on nairaland or who insults buhari pass, it is inec that would conduct the election and announce winner las las

Back to back on repeat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by maestroferdi: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
By appointing Amina Zakari to help you rig, abi?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Demmama7(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Easier said than done..

1 Like

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Tofax: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
The main reason i want Buhari returned as president come Feb is because people like Tinubu will cease to exist politically and Lagos will be free from feudalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by obaflexi1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
ZWorld:
President Muhammadu Buhari says free, fair and credible elections are the foundation of political stability and peace in any nation, assuring that he will leave a legacy of free and fair elections.

The President said this when he inaugurated the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council in Abuja on Monday.

He noted that the quality of elections since 2015 had continued to improve with declining levels of problems that had defined elections in the past.

“We have insisted that votes must count and have maintained a policy of non-interference in elections.

“INEC has so far since 2015, conducted fair and credible elections in 195 constituencies nationwide, which have been attested nationwide to be qualitatively better than previous elections.

“Let me reiterate my commitment to free and fair elections. If there is one legacy I want to leave is the enthronement of democracy as a system of government. And for democracy to be enthroned, elections must be free and fair.

“That means citizens have a right to vote for candidates of their choice without intimidation in any form. I have warned INEC and security agencies to that effect.

“We will keep insisting that votes must count. Our campaigns will be anchored on our performance in the last four years,’’ he said.

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/ill-give-nigeria-a-legacy-of-free-fair-elections-buhari/

story cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Walking(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Buhari has never fulfilled his promise for once..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by ct2: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
we pray so
Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Oweku: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
But you would have signed that electoral bill firstangry

12 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by shachris02: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
says the idiot that,appointed his niece as the election referee.

11 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
I just hope this abokina will not ginger his boys to cause problem after he maybe surprisingly loose election because majority of Nigerians hope he doesn't get re-elected

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by olril17(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
ZWorld:

idiott
like the one in Osun abi

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Nevee: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Everytime "I will...I will...". The few "I have" in his statements are always false e.g. "We have technically defeated boko haram". If not that power intoxicates, Buhari's retirement isn't something that we should subject to debate. Alas...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by LZAA: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
With ur niece as inec chair?
With you refusing to sign electoral reforms abi?
Mtchewwwww
Cc immhotep deomelllo sarrki DaBullIT Onyeoga

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by roymary: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
This man think say we all no get sense. We are cowards but don't rub it in our faces. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by KEVIND: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Mr President put your words into actions. From your antecedent, your body language,actions and inactions is saying a different thing.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by MallamJackson(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
oops...
ZWorld:

c

oops...

ol'man sees it coming and is already talking about"his legacy" haven understood he's got none at the moment

It's imminent people!!!

#Back2Daura

sai ya koma!!!
Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by riversatikulate: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Start by removing Amina from the position you have appointed her.

#AtikulatedAlready

1 Like

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Scandium: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
Father lawd...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by goingsolo: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
Story story!!
Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by elocas: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
free and fair election with python dance in the whole state

1 Like

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by NobleRomm(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
including children and cows in the norrh naa
Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by zlantanfan: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I am a die hard fan of Atiku but from feelers i am getting, he can't win the presidential election
Atiku can never win next month election and the PDP knows this already, it is only geared on by the easterners who feel greatly pained
Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by peculiar3(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin what a joke....

SCAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by mozona(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
Tell those to the birds
Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
grin
Re: I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari by Aku2078: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
Am only interested in big brother 9ja, because am gonna go in there this time!

Election result way dem don record the result tey tey

Ask me how I no...because Rotimi Amaechi was discussing about it with my father this morning

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Humiliates Tinubu - Premium Times / Shettima Arrives US For AfDP World Food Prize / Yorubas fought the North to make Goodluck Jonathan President not Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.