Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin (2032 Views)

Charles Darwin To Receive Apology From D Church Of England 4 Rejecting Evolution / Darwin's Day / Charles Darwin's 10 Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Recognise: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2009
deleted
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by paule: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2009
Recognise, Forget about that your prove is not solid, even Darwin admitted the theory to be error in his death birth due to juvenile delinquish
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Recognise: 9:26am On Feb 12, 2009
deleted
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Feb 12, 2009
Darwin's Day

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Peter 2:1)

Thousands of clergy have signed "An Open Letter Concerning Religion and Science." On the Sunday closest to Charles Darwin's birthday, these "pastors" eulogize him and endorse evolutionary science as compatible with the Bible. Here are five reasons why this idea is grossly wrong.

The Bible has absolutely no hint of ages of evolutionary development. Forcing the "days" of Genesis 1 to mean "ages" can be done, but there is no support for that idea in the rest of Scripture (Psalm 33:6-9, 148:5-6; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:3; Revelation 4:11; etc.).

Evolution is not observed at all today. Empirical science is based on observation and verification. Nothing (from bacteria to people) is "evolving" into a "higher order." Period.

Fossil data does not show any transitional forms. If evolution occurred prior to recorded history, it can only be documented by the fossils embedded in the water-deposited rocks of earth. Those "missing links" are still missing.

God's character absolutely forbids evolutionary methods. God's holiness demands truth, and His omniscience demands perfection. He cannot know what is best and then "create" something inferior. He wrote that He took six days to create the universe (Exodus 20:11). And He cannot lie!

God's stated purpose for creating excludes evolution. The creation reveals the Creator (Romans 1:20, Psalm 19:1-4), gives authority to the message of Jesus Christ (John 1:1-14, Colossians 1:16-18), and is the foundation for the gospel and for worship (Revelation 14:6-7). Creating is what God does at the moment of the new birth (Ephesians 2:8-10). HMM III

http://www.icr.org/article/darwins-day/
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2009
Watch a former Evolution scientist sharing his testimony on how the Lord opened his eyes to the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ showing now on a live broadcast on Genesis TV channel Sky 592, 585 or online if you can:

http://www.revelationtv.com/watchgen.php

http://www.revelationtv.com/watchrev.php
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2009
1. The best way to deceive people is to mix the truth together with the lie, hence that way people who don't search the scriptures like the Berean would end up being deceived. (hence the devil can use the toga of the word "church" within the name of the catholic church to deceive people with evolution so that those who are not interested in learning the truth by themselves end up being deceived by the criteria of the "multitude is right"wink. Fortunately as far as God Almighty is concerned, the multitude is not right, so long as the multitude goes against The Bible.

2. Whether or not the Catholic Church says something is so and so is really irrelevant, because True Christians do not answer to the Catholic Church, rather, True Christians are guided by the Spirit of God Almighty Himself (Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. ).

3. The Catholic Church is a Idol Worshipping Political organisation masquerading as a Church, hence it is in their interest to promote the idea of Evolution so that they would be accepted by everyone, thus make themselves look righteous and scientific and thus continue to reap the benefits (financial and political) of maintaining control over a lot of deceived people (black and white). I am just sorry and sad for the different past and present generations of individuals and families that have been condemned to the Lake of Fire via the past and present deception of the Apostate Church known as the Catholic Church, using different things like :

a. Idol worship of Mary and Jesus (against the commandments of God Almighty) the colour of those statues is irrelevant (

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

)
b. Falsely claiming they have the power of forgiveness of sins against God Almighty (i am not talking about forgiving each other for wrong-doing by the way ) which belongs to no man that himself needs salvation.

c. Participating in genocides, bloodsheds and massacres against different races of men over the past centuries of their existence (The Crusades, World Wars, Deception of Missionaries in Africa and America to take over their resources and lands)

d. Continued deception and brainwashing of the race of Black Men in conivance with the powers that be via the use of "White Caucasian Images of Christ, Mary and Apostles" despite that the bible clearly shows that the Isrealites (i.e. Christ, Paul, Moses etc) were actually people similar to black men such as the Ethiopians.) - check your bible for confirmation (Amos 9:7, Acts 21:37-39, Exodus 2:16-19, Genesis 42:1-8) and stop believing what you see on television . Hence by so doing the Catholic Church contributed to the genocide, denegradation of hundreds of millions of black skin people over the couple of hundreds if not thousands of years.

e. Specifically going against the Word of God by changing the contents of the Bible and the 10 commandments so that people would not know that they are committing sins of idolatory.

f. Finally it must be understood that in this time and age, the Catholic Church is the third part of the New World Order (the 3 Country States controlling the world are 1. Washington DC (yes, its not actually a state in the USA, its actually independent of USA) - Military Power 2. City of London (its bears the name London, but its not actually part of London itself, neither is it part of the UK, its a completely standalone state by itself) - Financial Power 3. Vatican City (that one needs no introduction ) - Religious power )seeking to dominate and control the lives of every single person on the face of the planet ,

So therefore, i am not suprised that Vatican has decided to support Evolution, its simply a political move meant to protect their interest and give them a certain leverage, hence lying and supporting evolution is really the least of the things they are guilty of, considering that simply another scheme of theirs to maintain control and influence in the big scheme of things.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Lady2(f): 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2009
Recognise:

THE Vatican has admitted that Charles Darwin was on the right track when he claimed that man descended from apes.

A leading official declared yesterday that Darwin's theory of evolution was compatible with Christian faith, and could even be traced to St Augustine and St Thomas Aquinas.

To read more: Click here

Just made Huxley's & Co someone's day with a delightful ear to ear smirk.

Recognise, I know for a fact that the Church has not embraced evolution as a fact that happened. It is still very much a theory which is what the article said. You may be confused with what a theory and a fact is. But just to let you know a theory isn't a fact.
St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas did not teach evolution, now that is a fact, they're two of my favorite saints and I know their writings.

Please do your research first before you post something, and make sure your source is credible. People like olaadebu and no2atheism that are too lazy to do their own credible research will accept it as gospel. Always be careful what you post as you can be sued for libel.

(Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. ).

Christ was talking to people not the Bible, the people are the Church. Do not misinterpret the Bible. Did Jesus send the Bible into the world to preach the gospel? Or did he send people (The Church)? Did he give authority to the Bible to cast out demons or did he give it to people (The Church)?
If you can sincerely answer these questions you would have found the truth of the Bible.

Olaadegbu

Actually there is reference in the Bible as to the days not being actual days as a ages in the sight of man is a day for the Lord. I'll have to find that verse for you. Most Jews also know that the account in Genesis isn't literal and that the days could very much mean ages.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 6:14pm On Feb 12, 2009
St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas did not teach evolution, now that is a fact, they're two of my favorite saints and I know their writings.

, I am basically cringing by the mere fact that you are worshipping (honouring or whatever names you people catholics try to call it) images of mere men that died a long time ago, of whom you have absolutely no idea whether or not they are going to make it into heaven or not, Frankly i don't give a hoot whether or not Aquinas or Augustine taught or did not evolution, the opinion or actions of men is irrelevant in the big scheme of things, the most important opinion in any situation is God's Opinion, which the bible clearly shows us.

Wow, its seems your opinion is greater or more important than the Word of God, i still can't stop cringing, its scares me to even realise that you yourself don't even realise the gravity and spiritual serious of your statement and action quoted above:

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1. Christ did not tell Christ to have a Patron Saint (that is a lie of catholism idolatory), so please enough of these catholic nonsense about Eucharist, Transubstantiation,Purgatory, Patron Saints, Their Lady of Apparation or whatever, FOCUS ON WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS,
2. God did not ask us to bow down to any image of Mary or Christ in fact He made it the first information available to us that we MUST not bow down to ANY image whether in heaven or earth or anywhere else for that matter,

@Lady, you are left with a choice, its either Christ is lying (by everything the Bible says which contradicts the catholic church) or the Catholic Church is lying , end of story,

Geezz, undecided , I am basically still cringing from the ramification of your statement, it shows a deep rooted level of catholic deception and indoctrination, cry

Olaadegbu

Actually there is reference in the Bible as to the days not being actual days as a ages in the sight of man is a day for the Lord. I'll have to find that verse for you. Most Jews also know that the account in Genesis isn't literal and that the days could very much mean ages.

Wow now you are calling Christ Himself [/b]a liar, I AM SIMPLY ASTOUNDED THAT PEOPLE CAN SINCERELY LOOK THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR AND THEN START CLAIMING THAT GOD DID NOT MEAN WHAT HE SAID IN GENESIS AS PER CREATION.

Christ Himself said and confirmed in verses quoted below that in the [b]beginning
God created [/b]Man in His own image, [b]Christ did not say God evolved man, also Christ did not say man evolved without God.

Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mar 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

So my dear Sister you simply have to choose what to believe you cannot continue to sit on the fence and continue to claim, ignorance while you are being fed with deception and lies. its funny that you claim to believe in Christ yet at the same time you believe in evolution as propagated by the catholic church (which in itself is calling Christ a liar).
Makes you wonder how different you, atheist, evolutionist and catholic church are from the person or angel that has been calling God Almighty a liar since the beginning of creation, Yes, you got it the Devil,

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Notice in the genesis verse quoted above that the devil was invariably calling God a liar by quoting God and then implying that God was wrong,

So @Lady, enough of the bull, you really need to ask yourself whether or you want to continue in self deception and deceit, (remember we would not be judged based on what say others did, but rather based on our own choices, ) ,

The Bible and Christ makes it VERY VERY CLEAR that the whole universe created in Six Literal 24 hour days, there is not contextual nonsense with that, unless off course you choose to believe a lie. (2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:)

1. Stop all these NONSENSE OF LITERAL MEANING AND CONTEXTUAL MEANING, THE BIBLE MAKES ITSELF VERY VERY CLEAR WHENEVER A CONTEXTUAL MEANING IS IMPLIED, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THE BIBLE ALSO MAKES ITSELF VERY VERY CLEAR WHENEVER A LITERAL MEANING IS IMPLIED,

May God Almighty forgive, you and help you come out of her (the catholic church) ( [b]Rev 18:4 [/b]And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. ), since it seems you are hell bent on defending your catholic faith (no matter what), despite that past and present history shows that the catholic church and its pronoucements and actions are completely against THE BIBLE and THE TRUTH AS CLEARLY REVEALED IN THE BIBLE.

By the way Evolution is not even a theory in the scientific sense of the word theory (I am a PHD Engineering student so please don't even try to trip when it comes to science or engineering),

A Theory is something that is duplicatable and repeatable so that it can be tested by independent parties to find out whether or not its true or not,

unfortunately, Evolution is not repeatable and neither is it duplicatable , rather evolution is an hypothesis dependent on the subjective reasoning and interpretation of atheists that are desperately looking for a way and every means possible to take God Almighty out of the equation. Hence why your so called Catholic Church "endorsed" evolution is not even science in the first place,

Also WHY for goodness sake would a sane person (who claims to be concerned for the spiritual well being of another person) decide to allow that person to believe in something that is both contradictory and unproven scientifically, yet that is exactly what the Catholic church seems to be doing to the already deceived and captive catholics and other unbelievers around the world.

If you still can't still see the big picture that what is happening is simply a means to take people away from the TRUE GOD of THE BIBLE, worshipped by TRUE CHRISTIANS (not catholics by the way), I am sorry but it seems you starting to go in too deep for your own good.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Lady2(f): 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ no2atheism

r u satisfied?

if i ask u questions about ur faith will u truthfully answer?
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Lady,

By the way you said and i quote:

Most Jews also know that the account in Genesis isn't literal and that the days could very much mean ages.

Most of the people today calling themselves Jews today DO NOT HAVE ANY BLOOD RELATION OR CONNECTION TO THE ISREALITES OF THE BIBLE, since you have decided to reference and make the basis of your argument.

Majority of the people calling themselves to be Jews today, are actually people known as the Ashkenazi Jews (also known as Khazars), so it begs the question how can you reference people as a source of your information and basis for biblical understanding when.

1. The Bible says , the job of making True Christians under stand the bible is that of the Holy Spirit.

2. When most of those people who call themselves Jews today are actually not the Biblical Jews of the bible, which means if they can't be trusted to be telling the truth about their real ethnic ancestory how come you are now trusting them to interprete the bible for you when clearly it is not actually their job to do so.

3. Infact don't you realise that Moses had to be someone with black skin (i.e. a Black Man, Negro, Blackee which ever one you wish to call him) considering that he was brought up in the house of Pharaoh as an egyptian even while isrealites had already started to suffer persecution from the egyptians, he was mistaken for an egyptian by the daugthers of his father inlaw when he fled Egypt after killing the egyptian and also considering that the family of Isreal ( i.e. Jacob) were mistaken for Egyptians when they were on the procession to bury the dead during the time of Joseph before Moses. Yes Ancient Egyptians and Ancient Egypt was essentially a Black Man's Civilisation (yes the Arabs in Egypt today are mere intruders and trespassers just as Europeans who colonised American are not the original owners of America)  

Exodus 2:11  And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
Exodus 2:12  And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
Exodus 2:13  And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?
Exodus 2:14  And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.
Exodus 2:15  Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.

Exodus 2:17  And the shepherds came and drove them away: but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.
Exodus 2:18  And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that ye are come so soon to day?
Exodus 2:19  And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock.

Gen 50:7  And Joseph went up to bury his father: and with him went up all the servants of Pharaoh, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt,
Gen 50:8  And all the house of Joseph, and his brethren, and his father's house: only their little ones, and their flocks, and their herds, they left in the land of Goshen.
Gen 50:9  And there went up with him both chariots and horsemen: and it was a very great company.
Gen 50:10  And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation: and he made a mourning for his father seven days.
Gen 50:11  And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning in the floor of Atad, they said, This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians: wherefore the name of it was called Abelmizraim, which is beyond Jordan.

4. Paul himself was mistaken for an Egyptian (a black man) by the certain people during his time.

Act 21:37  And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?
Act 21:38  Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?
Act 21:39  But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

5. God Himself refered to the Isrealites as a people that are like the Ethiopians,

Amos 9:7 Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

Don't believe everything you see on television, don't believe everything you have been told since childhood, come out of the Catholic Church and ask God for help to save you and help you see the light, continued alliance with the catholic church would only end with eternal bad news, nothing good can come of the devil,

So I beg you please don't make mere fallible men your reference point about issues related to spiritual importance which have eternal ramifications , instead focus on THE BIBLE as the ONLY reference point.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by rotimy(m): 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Posters
Pls engage your minds on things that are more serious. It is a monkey business to think that you evolved from a monkey! Why did the evolution stops with man?
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Bobbyaf(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ No2Atheism

Lady has not the slightest clue as to what is going on in her organization. Like the proverbial ostrich she buries her head in the sands of confusion. She dares not lift up her head lest she sees the glorious light of Holy Scriptures.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by bawomolo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2009
rotimy:

@Posters
Pls engage your minds on things that are more serious. It is a monkey business to think that you evolved from a monkey! Why did the evolution stops with man?

what a lunatic. the theory of evolution doesn't state you evolved from a monkey, it states you belong to the same family tree as apes.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by huxley(m): 10:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
The ignorance and stupidity of Christians never ceases to amaze.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by toneyb: 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2009
huxley:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2009
@huxley.

sounds like you are using the classical technique of "If u can't debunk the message, shoot the messenger, or start name calling", or character assasination, well frankly am not really suprised by your comments huxley, at least as an Atheist you don't really have a frame of reference for the definition of good or morals values since having good or moral values would mean you have to reference the Biblical values as the basis. Unless off course evolution has come up with an explanation of why there is good or bad or evil.

@posters
To the other individuals on this thread who are interested in knowing the difference between what the bible really says about Creation of Life , and what Atheists claim about Evolution of life from non-living material to living material, please take your time to compare and contrast the picture attached to this posting, (it was obtained from Answersingenesis), and i believe it gives a good summary of why someone CANNOT claim to be a True Christian who believes in the bible and at the same time claim to believe in evolution (as it is written, you cannot serve two masters, God Almighty or Devil / Self )

Also i want True Christians and people with a not yet hardened heart to understand that "unfortunately" this battle between Christ and Devil (Truth against Lies, Creation against Evolution) would be fought in the minds and society of Men until Christ comes , hence True Christians need to understand that this is not a sprint, it is a marathon for the souls of men, hence since Atheist, Agnostics, Evolutionist, Peadophiles, Occults, War Mongers, Neo Cons, Racists are the ones who control the world and the affairs of the world right now, then it means that the ride is bound to be rough for a while for True Christians.
However we just need to understand that saving a soul is not our job, that's the Holy Spirit's job, our own job is to preach the gospel and always make we tell the truth even if people don't like or want to hear it for their own selfish or demon possessed reasons. We need to take it one person at a time,

Adios,

Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by huxley(m): 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
No2Atheism:

@huxley.

sounds like you are using the classical technique of "If u can't debunk the message, shoot the messenger, or start name calling", or character assasination, well frankly am not really suprised by your comments huxley, at least as an Atheist you don't really have a frame of reference for the definition of good or morals values since having good or moral values would mean you have to reference the Biblical values as the basis. Unless off course evolution has come up with an explanation of why there is good or bad or evil.

@posters
To the other individuals on this thread who are interested in knowing the difference between what the bible really says about Creation of Life , and what Atheists claim about Evolution of  life from non-living material to living material, please take your time to compare and contrast the picture attached to this posting, (it was obtained from Answersingenesis), and i believe it gives a good summary of why someone CANNOT claim to be a True Christian who believes in the bible and at the same time claim to believe in evolution (as it is written, you cannot serve two masters, God Almighty or Devil / Self )

Also i want True Christians and people with a not yet hardened heart to understand that "unfortunately" this battle between Christ and Devil (Truth against Lies, Creation against Evolution) would be fought in the minds and society of Men until Christ comes , hence True Christians need to understand that this is not a sprint, it is a marathon for the souls of men, hence since Atheist, Agnostics, Evolutionist, Peadophiles, Occults, War Mongers, Neo Cons, Racists are the ones who control the world and the affairs of the world right now, then it means that the ride is bound to be rough for a while for True Christians.
However we just need to understand that saving a soul is not our job, that's the Holy Spirit's job, our own job is to preach the gospel and always make we tell the truth even  if people don't like or want to hear it for their own selfish or demon possessed reasons. We need to take it one person at a time,

Adios,

Yet again showing your stupidity and ignorance for all to see by repeatedly misrepresenting The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection.   How can you critique something you don't even understand?  Is this not the height of idiocy? 

Have you ever read any biological science textbook that claims that TTE explains the following?

1)   The origin of the universe
2)    The "creation" of the earth and the sun?
3) Sun before earth
4) Dry land before sea
5) Atmosphere before sea
6) Star before earth
7) Death before man
8-) Earth same time as planet

etc
etc
etc

TTE does NOT address these and the like.  It simply deals with the diversity of biological systems on the earth. Nothing else.  It does not address the start of life or the universe.  When ignorance, deluded people like you want to attack TTE, they typically misrepresent it first.    Is this honest behaviour?   Is this moral behaviour?.

You claim the moral high ground. This is the time to show it for all to see.   

Can you produce a definition of TTE as stated by the biological scientific community?

If you do not oblige, I would be justified in calling you a [b]dishonest, immoral, lying and deluded [/b]Christians.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
Unfortunately, when it comes to evolution, there is always the archtypical "chicken and egg" problem, i.e. which one came first "the egg or the chicken", now in terms of your so called reference to definition of evolution, let's just same am going a step further by giving you the big picture of what it really means to say you believe in evolution.
Obvious problem is that once of the different stages of evolution is found to be impossible and illogical, then those other stages that come after it simply cannot exist or be logical also.

Different kind of evolution but all which are inevitably related because you cannot have one without the one before it:

1. Cosmic evolution - the origin of time, space, and matter

2. Stellar and planetary evolution - the origin of stars and planets

3. Chemical evolution - the origin of higher elements from hydrogen

4. Organic evolution - origin of life from inanimate matter

5. Macro-evolution - origin of major kinds

6. Micro-evolution - variations with kinds. (i.e. how a dog turns into another dog and how a man turns into another man, )

So you see

, without Cosmic evolution you cannot have Stellar evolution,
, likewise without Stellar evolution you cannot have Chemical Evolution,
, likewise without Chemical Evolution you cannot have Organic Evolution,
, likewise without Organic evolution you cannot have Macro-evolution,
, Likewise without Macro evolution you cannot have micro-evolution.

So you see my dear @huxley, when we talk about evolution it cannot be done in solation of biological evolution alone, it has to be done in context of the different stages of evolution simple because if "the egg does not exist, then how did you get the chicken or also you can say that if the chicken did not exist who then laid the egg."

So unfortunately for atheists discussions about evolution always boil down to the simple question:

1. How and why did the universe come to exist
2. How and why did life start.

Hence since evolutionist have invariably , decided to put God out of the equation, then they have to bear the burden of explaining those two simple questions stated above, thus that is why you cannot simply restrict yourself to mere variations within animals and plants of the same kind and then try to extrapolate that to mean the origin of life.

that aint possible, sorry.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by huxley(m): 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2009
No2Atheism:

Unfortunately, when it comes to evolution, there is always the archtypical "chicken and egg" problem, i.e. which one came first "the egg or the chicken", now in terms of your so called reference to definition of evolution, let's just same am going a step further by giving you the big picture of what it really means to say you believe in evolution.
Obvious problem is that once of the different stages of evolution is found to be impossible and illogical, then those other stages that come after it simply cannot exist or be logical also.

Different kind of evolution but all which are inevitably related because you cannot have one without the one before it:

1. Cosmic evolution - the origin of time, space, and matter

2. Stellar and planetary evolution - the origin of stars and planets

3. Chemical evolution - the origin of higher elements from hydrogen

4. Organic evolution - origin of life from inanimate matter

5. Macro-evolution - origin of major kinds

6. Micro-evolution - variations with kinds. (i.e. how a dog turns into another dog and how a man turns into another man, )

So you see

, without Cosmic evolution you cannot have Stellar evolution,
, likewise without Stellar evolution you cannot have Chemical Evolution,
, likewise without Chemical Evolution you cannot have Organic Evolution,
, likewise without Organic evolution you cannot have Macro-evolution,
, Likewise without Macro evolution you cannot have micro-evolution.

So you see my dear @huxley, when we talk about evolution it cannot be done in solation of biological evolution alone, it has to be done in context of the different stages of evolution simple because if "the egg does not exist, then how did you get the chicken or also you can say that if the chicken did not exist who then laid the egg."

So unfortunately for atheists discussions about evolution always boil down to the simple question:

1. How and why did the universe come to exist
2. How and why did life start.

Hence since evolutionist have invariably , decided to put God out of the equation, then they have to bear the burden of explaining those two simple questions stated above, thus that is why you cannot simply restrict yourself to mere variations within animals and plants of the same kind and then try to extrapolate that to mean the origin of life.

that aint possible, sorry.

Once again, you cannot come up to the task. I asked you to show the definition of TTE by Natural Selection as defined by biological scientists. Let me give you a clue - you can get that definition from any biological peer-reviewed journals or peer-reviewed books.

Any definitions form the convicted fraudster Kent Hovind or from Answers In Genesis does NOT represent the scientific form of biological evolution.

If you wanted the best definition of Quantum Theory, or Relativity, or Cell theory, who would you turn to?

Do you think you are being honest and moral in misrepresenting TTE?
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Lady2(f): 2:13am On Feb 13, 2009

Not all, but they tend to be Evangelicals.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Bobbyaf(m): 6:57am On Feb 13, 2009
@ Huxley

Why don't you break it down for those persons who don't seem to understand the theory of evolution. Why are you sending persons to books, since you have somehow studied it, and should be able to analyze it?

Are you able to give a brief backdrop as to how life started? If yes, then we can pick it up from there.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by mantraa: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2009
"which one came first "the egg or the chicken?"

Forgive me for being too logical but its plainly obvious which one came first.

The egg came millions of years before the chicken.

Dinosaurs were laying eggs hundreds of millions of years before birds evolved. This is a well known fact.

The only people that refuse to believe it are those who are trying to cling on to their ancient bronze age belief systems in the face of increasingly insurmountable evidence supporting evolution.

I believe that one day we will evolve beyond the need for religions, and learn to treat each other with real and true equality.

"As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of religion." Butterfly Mqueen.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2009
@mantraa

, lipsrsealed undecided

hence going by your logic, we should be able to "scientifically" observe other present day reptiles (dinosaurs by the way) laying eggs that "somehow" magically produce chickens (other birds).

Wow, talk of illogical logic.

By the way mantraa, there is a hidden meaning and circular reasoning problem inherent in the chicken and egg problem:

1. The problem is that did a dinosaur give birth to a chicken egg or did a chicken give birth to a chicken egg, either way which one came first, , "is it the chicken egg or the chicken itself". So you see i am not asking whether or not dinosaurs produce eggs (that produce dinosaurs), the chicken and egg problem is completely different to what you are trying to talk about.

2. One of the competing theories about how birds "evolved" says that: "dinosaurs became birds because some dinosaurs were trying to jump over cliffs, hence they gradually grew feathers over time" , yes i know it sounds stupid to a scientific mind, but trust me that is exactly what one of the competing evolution hypothesis says, grin , by the way notice that this particular hypothesis does not even treat the problem of how eggs producing chickens came about.

So i ask again, which one came first, ""the chicken or the egg".

Since scientific observation started, A dog has ALWAYS produced a dog, A cow has always produce a cow, A man has always produce a man, i.e. A Kind of animal or man ALWAYS produces its own Kind.
The only time this logic is broken is if INTELLIGENCE (human intelligence) is used to inseminate one kind of animal's egg with another kind of animal's sperm, (something which is not evolution by the way since it did not happen by chance due to the presence of human intelligence). E.g. Humans mixing Tigers and Lions together to produce animal known as "Liger".

Am sorry Mantraa, if you feel enslaved by religion, that is exactly true, it is true that religion enslaves, however you are seeking freedom in the wrong place, Why did you think Christ Himself said to people that He's the Way, Truth and Life, meaning that:

1. the only means and way through which you can get to make sense of life and meaning of life and become free of all lies and thus ultimately know the truth is through Christ.
2. the only means you differentiate the truth from the lie is through Christ, because he himself is the truth, seeking truth somewhere else would only lead you into more confusion (e.g. the senselessness of evolution, am a scientist by heart and engineer by study and trust me i have been there and done that, hence i know evolution does not make any scientific sense whatsoever, the only reason its still surviving is because a lot of people who don't want to believe in God desperately want it to be true and unfortunately those same people are the people with the power and money that controls the scientific community, hence it is very easy to suppress and intimidate any dissenting voice, you'll be surprised that nothing is CERTAIN when it comes to evolution, everything keeps changing, yet even the simplest scientific questions still cannot be answered via evolution)
3. Life and assurance of life more abundantly is only possible through Christ, it is not possible through religion, neither is it possible through evolution, evolution has only brought about death and destruction (yes check your history, the only application of evolution so far is in Eugenics (systematic killing of so called weak and inferior people), racism and discrimination) , it even suprises me wen black people say they atheist and evolutionist, don't they realise that:
1. going by evolution itself Blacks are actually genetically superior to whites
2. evolution and racism is the basis used to say blacks are less intelligent than whites, yet history and science shows this to be quite the opposite , Greeks and Romans copied most of their so called science from Egypt (yes i know hollywood has tried to make egypt look white), you would hardly be able to find any historical record showing any black scientific achievements in our present day and time, because blacks we systematically erased from the record books or their inventions were register under white names. By the way even Philip Emeagwali (a black man , nigerian) , was replaced with a picture where a "white" magazine was replaced his black representation with a white one, WHY, yes we all know WHY)
3. there are many more examples detailing why evolution has no scientific basis,

Please don't leave one lie for another lie, sit down, stand back and examine and ask yourself the simple question:

1. Is evolution scientifically true or even sensible

or

2. Do you want evolution to be true by any means possible

Above all, that is why being a True Christian immediately makes you to understand that Christ was against religion and that being a Christian means you are also against religion. Christ, Paul, Peter and others were against religion of their days (saducees, pharasees, greeks religion and so on).
So jumping from one religion (Catholism, i.s.l.a.m, buddism, hinduism, voodoo, atheism, deism, weggan etc) to another one (evolution) in the name of trying to free yourself, is like self deceit, instead of being free, rather it sounds like you are merely replacing one lie for another.

All that you need is Christ, nothing more, once you study the Bible and trust only in the Bible and the Holy Spirit for intepretation, it becomes easy to see why religion is false, why religion enslaves people, those in atheism and evolution are mere just dumping one false religion for another one, simply because even science and scientific methods shows that Disney movies even make more sense than evolutionary theories/hypothesis.

Finally most scientists and engineers know that although the process of discovering scientific truth might be tough and difficult, yet ultimately, the best scientific answer is usually the simplest one, "funny how evolutionary answers keep getting complicated and convoluted which each passing day"

Adios,
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by Bobbyaf(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2009
@ mantraa

"which one came first "the egg or the chicken?"

Dinosaurs were laying eggs hundreds of millions of years before birds evolved. This is a well known fact.

The only people that refuse to believe it are those who are trying to cling on to their ancient bronze age belief systems in the face of increasingly insurmountable evidence supporting evolution.

I believe that one day we will evolve beyond the need for religions, and learn to treat each other with real and true equality.

"As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of religion." Butterfly Mqueen.

I am not convinced you're convinced. Honestly it requires more faith to believe in the theory of evolution than creation itself. Think about that for awhile.

If you can answer this then you're good to go. What came first, DNA or protein?
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by mantraa: 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2009
With all the overwhelming amount of facts and evidence in support of evolution, from biology, palaeontology, geology, archaeology, anthropology, Genetics, DNA, etc. and all the thousands of fossils of extinct and transitional animals found. I find it amazing that people still refuse to believe it.

Here is a report about an incredible $25 million creation museum built in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzjjxi7f0Oc&feature=related

They even have two T-rex dinosaurs on Noah's ark for Gods sake!

I Never underestimate the power of religion, but it's not as if there is just one supernatural religious creation theory, there are thousands of creation stories, from all over the world. However there is only one theory of evolution based on scientific facts and tons of accumulated evidence.

You can understand and/or find out more about evolution here if you want to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

I find it sad that some of us Africans have allowed ourselves to become so blinded and deluded by the whitemans and arabian religions that we are fighting amongst ourselves and even killing each other over it.
What religion were your ancesters before 400 years ago when the christians came and 'saved' us with there barbaric bronze age bullshit religion? You know and i know that there were great nations and empires in africa going back thousands of years before the story of Adam and Eve in the bible.

Africa is the cradle of mankind. Humanid fossils have been found in Africa dating back millions of years, and the Earth has been dated back to billions of years, not the ridiculous 6000 years as claimed in the bible. 
Evolution happens over millions of years by a slow process of natural selection, and will not be possible if the Earth is just 6000 years old!
This the reason you find it so hard to comprehend "did a dinosaur give birth to a chicken egg?" 

A wolf did not one day give birth to a poodle but we know that it evolved from it and we have the DNA evidence to confirm it

I hope that one day you will wake up, release your self from the slavery of faith and realise that we are all equal, regardless of what race, tribe, sex, or colour we are.

P.s.
If you were born in India you would probably be a devout Hindu. You know that two thirds of the worlds population are not Christian right?. What makes you think your supernatural religious beliefs are superior to all others. If you know your history, you should know that Christianity was forced on us by the europeans with the bible in one hand and the gun in the other. Either you convert and get taken into slavery or you die. So dont tell me that "all i need is Christ" and disrespect my, and your, ancestors who died in their millions at the hand of your bullshit 'religion'
Wake up. take your head out your backside, and see the bigger picture my friend.  smiley
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by mantraa: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2009
"the only means and way through which you can get to make sense of life and meaning of life and become free of all lies and thus ultimately know the truth is through Christ."

Christianity in a nutshell;

There is only one GOD.
Therefore, Jesus Christ, who is his own father and son, impregnates his own mother to begat himself, so that he can sacrifice himself to himself to appease himself for his own mistakes in the garden of eden, 6000 years ago.

Does this sound sensible to you?

And you think he's gonna come back in a blazing chariot and destroy everyone who doesn't believe in this big pile of nonsense!!    angry
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by MadMax1(f): 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2009
Atheism is almost too easy. We have the benefit of an education. We know some science.Those ancients did not. So their simple accounts,bereft of sophisticated scientific terminology,seem silly. With the 'man made from dust' story wedged firmly in our minds from childhood, the more we study the theory of evolution, the smarter and more superior we feel as 'understand' what happened at last. Evolution reads more rational, and is chock full of exciting scientific minutiae. We're sorry for those who believe, in the face of such a compelling theory. Those ancients described something else in Judges 3:22-23

And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:
And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.

We have some idea of what 'dirt' is describing here. But we don't know what 'made men in his image' or 'dust of the ground' is describing, in biological terms. Those ancients described creation as best as they could. Their inability to furnish scientific data in case someone invents science ages later,does not invalidate the existence of God. Evolution does not either. He made the originals and they replicatd themselves. Science seeks answers, and that is to its credit. It's amazing how many times its sure it has it right until its sure it has it wrong. But that is the way of science, and it's progress.
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2009
@mantraa,

I rest my case, since its not my job to save or convert you, its the Holy Spirit's job, my job is just to tell you the Good News that Christ died for your sins and rose again on the third so that you can be saved, hence your salvation is not dependent on what i say, my job is just to tell you the truth.

After this current post , i would cease responding to your post, since it seems facts and references have no bearing on your reply.

Before I go , please note that there is nothing like "White Man's religion", yes being a Christian during the past century has been viewed as a white man's thing, yet please be rest assured, it was not so in the beginning.

Below is a little information for you to realise that you are blaming the wrong people for your unbelief:

a. Blacks (Paul et al) actually brough the gospel to Christians
b. Ancient isrealites and early christians have no common blood relation with most of the people calling themselves Jews today.
c.  Even the bible shows that hollywood and catholic church is lying whenever they try to portray Christ and Ancient isrealites as "White People"

Majority of the people calling themselves to be Jews today, are actually people known as the Ashkenazi Jews (also known as Khazars).

1. The Bible says , the job of making True Christians under stand the bible is that of the Holy Spirit.

2. If Christ and the disciples were white as claimed by hollywood don't you realise that they would have had trouble working, preaching and staying in the sun of the weather or Isreal.

3. Infact don't you realise that Moses [/b]had to be someone with black skin (i.e. a[b] Black Man, Negro, Blackee which ever one you wish to call him) considering that he was brought up in the house of Pharaoh as an egyptian even while isrealites had already started to suffer persecution from the egyptians, he was mistaken for an egyptian by the daugthers of his father inlaw when he fled Egypt after killing the egyptian and also considering that the family of Isreal ( i.e. Jacob) were mistaken for Egyptians when they were on the procession to bury the dead during the time of Joseph before Moses. Yes Ancient Egyptians and Ancient Egypt was essentially a Black Man's Civilisation (yes the Arabs in Egypt today are mere intruders and trespassers just as Europeans who colonised American are not the original owners of America)  

Egypt was a black civilisation

Exodus 2:11  And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
Exodus 2:12  And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
Exodus 2:13  And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?
Exodus 2:14  And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.
Exodus 2:15  Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.

Exodus 2:17  And the shepherds came and drove them away: but[b] Moses [/b]stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.
Exodus 2:18  And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that ye are come so soon to day?
Exodus 2:19  And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock.

Gen 50:7  And Joseph went up to bury his father: and with him went up all the servants of Pharaoh, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt,
Gen 50:8  And all the house of Joseph, and his brethren, and his father's house: only their little ones, and their flocks, and their herds, they left in the land of Goshen.
Gen 50:9  And there went up with him both chariots and horsemen: and it was a very great company.
Gen 50:10  And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation: and he made a mourning for his father seven days.
Gen 50:11 And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning in the floor of Atad, they said, This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians: wherefore the name of it was called Abelmizraim, which is beyond Jordan.

4. Paul himself was mistaken for an Egyptian (a black man) by the certain people during his time.

Act 21:37  And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?
Act 21:38  Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?
Act 21:39  But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

5. God Himself refered to the Isrealites as a people that are like the Ethiopian[/b]s,

Amos 9:7 [b]Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel
? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

So finally you see that you are taking out your frustration with deception and lies in the wrong way, you are throwing the baby out with the bath water,

Yes some whites in power have lied,
Yes I.s.l.a.m has lied and is still lying and worshipping idols (allaat, moon god, allaat's daughters (satanic verses) and kabaah etc) ,
Yes Catholism has lied and is still lying and worshipping idols, (eucharist, purgartory, mary and jesus idols)

Yet does this mean the bible has changed or that the bible is not true, absolutely not,
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2009
correction

I meant to write:

a. Blacks (Paul et al) actually brought the gospel to Whites (and other gentiles)
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by toneyb: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

correction
I meant to write:

a. Blacks (Paul et al) actually brought the gospel to Whites (and other gentiles)

I just confirmed my thoughts, i had this feeling that you were a confused freak judging from your post, now you just confirmed it. So paul is now a black man?

No2Atheism:

Below is a little information for you to realise that you are blaming the wrong people for your unbelief:

b. Ancient isrealites and early christians have no common blood relation with most of the people calling themselves Jews today.
c.  Even the bible shows that hollywood and catholic church is lying whenever they try to portray Christ and Ancient isrealites as "White People"

Act 21:37  And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?
Act 21:38  Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?
Act 21:39  But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.
I knew that there was something wrong with you.

5. God Himself refered to the Isrealites as a people that are like the Ethiopian[/b]s,

Amos 9:7 [b]Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel
? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

So finally you see that you are taking out your frustration with deception and lies in the wrong way, you are throwing the baby out with the bath water,

[b]Yes some whites in power have lied,
Yes I.s.l.a.m has lied and is still lying and worshipping idols (allaat, moon god, allaat's daughters (satanic verses) and kabaah etc) ,
Yes Catholism has lied and is still lying and worshipping idols, (eucharist, purgartory, mary and jesus idols)[/b]Yet does this mean the bible has changed or that the bible is not true, absolutely not,

grin grin grin So only your religion(black Christianity) is telling the truth?
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2009
1. I do not have a religion, anyone who is a True Christian (i.e. being Christ like) means that person does not have a religion.
2. There is nothing like "Black Christianity",
3. I only pointed out those points and answers just to help you know and see what's going on , about blacks in history, and how racism and lies has been used through the ages to whitewash and cover up the real identity of the Isrealites,
4. Those point are also meant to let you know that the fact that lies, deception and bad things have been done in the past in the name of religions does not mean one should now replace one lie (religion , i.s.l.a.m , catholism, etc) with another lie (atheism, evolution).
Re: VATICAN Gives DARWIN Blessing - Buries The Hatchet With Charles Darwin by No2Atheism(m): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2009
I don't know whether its an atheist thing or an evolutionary thing, however i have noticed from your posts and those of other atheists in the past (even the nairaland administrator) that you people tend to resort to "insults" and "ridicule" even in the face of logical and well referenced points, provided to explain the reason for a particular conclusion.

Its almost like it does not matter whether the point provided is true or not nor does it matter if what is discussed is important or not, it seems to me that your mind (and those of others) is made up and nothing or no one can change it or change your opinion.

For example, although i am guessing you are probably a black man masquerading as an atheist (due to your previous comments), yet despite that I have taking pains to let you see that how biblical references (which i know you don't believe) detailing the ethnicity and race of Paul, Jesus, Moses and others while at the same time show you bible references to back it up so that it can be crosschecked and seen that it is not my personal opinion but rather a biblical fact.
Yet it seems that even though you claim not to believe in the bible or its content, you have somehow chosen to believe (what you have been taught) that Paul is White, Jesus is White, Moses (why you believe that is outstanding since you claim not to believe in God, hence how are they supposed to be white if they not even supposed to exist according to your worldview) .
It then begs the question, do you believe they are white or black or neither because the media and most people say so, or is it that you also have another cold fact to support your opinion , "don't you think there is a contradiction here".

On one hand you are willing to dismiss the things that you don't like and don't want to believe , yet on the other hand you are willing to accept things that you like, have been taught and choose to believe, despite that evidences to the contrary exist.

To say I am dumbfounded would be an understatement, simply because my Phd research engineering program and past scientific interest and background tell me to expect that people are capable of crosschecking facts (independent of public opinion) before making an decision about events or situations.

Wow people on nairaland don't seem to cease to amaze me,

(1) (2) (Reply)

"new Preacher In Town" (story No. 2) / The Death Of Religion / Differences Between Mohammed And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.