Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of (21188 Views)

Aminu Gamawa Bags Doctorate Degree At Harvard Law School,US.Photos / Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Ngozi Iweala Looses Yale University Honorary Doctorate Degree Over These Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Nobody: 10:29am On May 21, 2015
The woman that is corrupt!

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Nobody: 10:29am On May 21, 2015
Only Jobless haters have the time to write nonsense about an award given to another person.

Whether they give am or withdraw how does the award affect the live of these haters.

Hating is now business
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Ahmeduana(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2015
Caseless:
Good!

That text-book-economist of a woman that is bereft of practical application and good policies does not even deserve to be awarded a 'certificate of attendance' not to talk of the honorary one.

She helped that clueless effete to lead us to the hypabyssal of economic quagmire and epilepsy. angry
I DON'T WASTE MY TIME READING TRASH FROM NORTHERN BORN TO RULE AND THEIR A$§ LICKING SOUTHWESTERNERS. AS FOR YOU CASE-FULL OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF, WHOM GOD HAS UPLIFT, NO MAN CAN DOWNGRADE HER!

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Nobody: 10:31am On May 21, 2015
Martins301:
The honour should be withdrawn sharp sharp. If it must be given to her, then the reason shouldn't be that she fought corruption and ensured fiscal transparency in Nigeria cos thats a wicked lie.

well said!!
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by darmys(f): 10:35am On May 21, 2015
mobuch:

Jealous and devious yoruba (ofe*mmanu) rats(people) fighting the ibo people since 1815.

wow!
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by deadie(m): 10:35am On May 21, 2015
I am not a supporter of Dr. Iweala because I rate the Goodluck Jonathan administration as being very poor.

However, what I find really interesting is that all threads and comments supporting the Change.org petition against the xenophobic Dr. Abraham Ariyo was deleted from Nairaland by the moderators. A counter petition supporting him was moved to the front page and this petition against Dr. Okonjo Iweala made it to the front page.

Supporting and protecting your tribe while not extending the same treatment to the others? Das weiß der Geier.

CC: Seun, lalasti.clala, moderators.

9 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by emmyw(m): 10:35am On May 21, 2015
OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo http://www.ngschoolz.com/oou-loses-a-300level-female-student-see-her-photo/
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by princefaculty(m): 10:49am On May 21, 2015
Abeg Na which road I go follow to reach Cubana for Wuse 2?
I just de pass Ni
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by pxdaniel(m): 10:54am On May 21, 2015
Caseless:
Good!

That text-book-economist of a woman that is bereft of practical application and good policies does not even deserve to be awarded a 'certificate of attendance' not to talk of the honorary one.

She helped that clueless effete to lead us to the hypabyssal of economic quagmire and epilepsy. angry

I completely agree with you. I used to respect this woman a lot but all that changed during the fuel subsidy issue when this so-called intellectual economist was saying that Nigeria will go broke if we keep paying for subsidy. Mtcheeeww..why can't she advocate for reduction in cost of governance and other excesses if we were truly broke.

I can't wait to see the new set of ministers who will propel us out of this mess into our true potentials and glory

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by datribune: 11:03am On May 21, 2015
[ d appointment of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala remains to date d biggest economic mistake ever made by GEJ & d PDP. NOI's constituency & economic beliefs ar d same as those of d world bank, IMF & other agents of neoiberalism & tricke- down economics. NOI & her school of thought oppose subsidies & safety nets 4 d poor but support waivers & tax benefit 4 big business. Under d PDP d rich gets richer, d poor gets poorer.

signed, d petition is gaining momentum
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by la1(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2015
signed...

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by denedene(m): 11:09am On May 21, 2015
whoever wrote this is a foorish person... trying to bring down someone in life is witchcraft, if you envious of her honorary degree. GO GET YOURS angry

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Kabikala(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2015
Where is this petition posted? I would like to sign it.

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by inimitkel(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2015
But Okonjo has finished Nigeria sha, corruption @its peak undecided

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by deadie(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by christopher123(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2015
One you aint igbo, two you are a punk

The school has qualification of awarding honorary degree and she meets it, what is your own...I dont care weather she performed or not..the ONUS IS THAT A FORIEGN SCHOOL FOUND HER WORTHY TO HAVE HER HONOURED SO DEAL WITH IT

FAKE ASSS IGBO WANNABE

NEVER QUOTE ME AGAIN

Ewu

CecyAdrian:

Am proudly Igbo and I do not believe anything u just typed.

Why try to use tribal sentiment to cover an evil act. Or are you trying to say Aunty Ngozi deserves d award. Or just because she is Igbo, then we all should turn blind eye?
You are just a tribal bigot

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by SLYBABA(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2015
zicoraads:
Jobless APC apologists.
Jobless dults...the whole lot of them!
Your mates are working and thinking of bettering their lives, and even being recognised for their achievements, some jobless noisemakers and useless Iguanas are babbling for Yale to withdraw what?

Keep making noise on nairaland why she keeps getting international recognition. I don't know if some of these illiterates think the awards from Yale is the same as that which is given to individuals by Nigerian Universities. Senselessness!

See mad man, if u like let it be the same as that of Ajegunle University, It must be withdrawn. Useless Ignoramus like you.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by adeA1(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2015
This how I see it sha could it mean we re gettin wrong of the meanin of the word 'corruption' from what it actually means overthere?

And mind u this is how how GEJ also propounded a bedeviled theory of the 'stealin is not curruption'

Is like somemanythings re wrong wit the global system.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by sammhi(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2015
The man that Wrote this is uneducated.... and highly illiterate
A country with a population of 170m sells a barrel of oil at 100$ or more but now same sells for 60$ or less that is a 40% decerase in your revenue there is no way the country economy wont be affected. Even the world bank and IMF would encourage Nigeria to devalue the currency further..
Your Sanusi spent over 5trn naira in five years keeping the naira at bay..waste of money ...
Go and check indices for economic management and the expenditure...then you will know that NOI did well

4 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by seunfape(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2015
i am planing to do same.you will read my own petition soon.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by patrick89(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2015
CecyAdrian:

Am proudly Igbo and I do not believe anything u just typed.

Why try to use tribal sentiment to cover an evil act. Or are you trying to say Aunty Ngozi deserves d award. Or just because she is Igbo, then we all should turn blind eye?
You are just a tribal bigot
you be female I presume, but I wish u what u wished this woman of honour! You do not know the whole truth! All these lies against iwela is nonsense to me, she has cleared the so many fraud in the system and she introduced E-payment to eliminate ghost workers, and she saved billions of naira.. She removed cabals at the port and removed all the hitches that impeded importation. She introduced so Many skills for SMEs. She is the brain behind development bank. Look the petition is a waste born out of hate! This country economy is one of the fastest growing economy!! The biggest in africa. People buy more exotic things now than then. Look at music industry, some show biz organisers put tables vip at the rate of 1million, and you still see people flooding these places.. Check out the growing cities nd development all over the federation and stop looking at lagos. What is happening today was caused by APC! When they led protest all over the federation against fuel subsidy removal!! What did you do then? She preached for removal of fuel subsidy.. They called her names, now buhari is talking about the removal and I tell you it will never happen!

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Mbilla(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2015
Am proudly Akwaibomite and so much believe that who God bless no man man. Pls why do u yoruba's hate anything good coming from Igbo tribe? Why do you Yorubas like to backstabber and bad mouth anything igbo? even we Akwaibomite are not leftout because outside our state, we are being generalize as Igbos becos we are fair and does similiar things like igbos. You yorubas hate our own Africa and world heroe Chinue Achebe even when Kenyans, Zimbabwes, and the rest of the world love him because he is an Igbo man. You Yorubas hate Chimemanda Adichie, a young intelligent lady that have won many awards and made Africa pride because her only sin is that she is an Igbo lady. You Yorubas were busy writing rubbish in Chelsea FC website about John Mickel Obi, just because his an Igbo, abusing the young man who have won more medals and trophies than all the yoruba footballers join together. Where is John Mikel mate Taye Taiwo(yoruba)? Now yorubas again trying hard to tanish the image of Prof. Ngozi Okonjo Iwela our own and the only Africa woman to be World Bank director general, just because she is an Igbo woman. Yorubas why are u people so envious, evil with put him down attitude? no wonder Sanusi said Yorubas are problems of Nigeria. Yorubas pls live and let Igbos live, live and let Niger Deltas live, live and let Goodluck Jonathan live. Yorubas get a life and stop senseless media propangada

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by seunfape(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2015
denedene:
whoever wrote this is a foorish person... trying to bring down someone in life is witchcraft, if you envious of her honorary degree. GO GET YOURS angry

i pity you and your post.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by wiseoneking: 11:44am On May 21, 2015
xtophy:
if dem no withdraw am, go and help dem...mtechwww
i think you should go and make your life better by becoming a little literate than to stay here and harass a woman that your generations can never see her back. Stop hating and bee envious. There is a lot the eyes sees that some blind folks like you will never appreciate
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by patrick89(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2015
pxdaniel:

I completely agree with you. I used to respect this woman a lot but all that changed during the fuel subsidy issue when this so-called intellectual economist was saying that Nigeria will go broke if we keep paying for subsidy. Mtcheeeww..why can't she advocate for reduction in cost of governance and other excesses if we were truly broke.

I can't wait to see the new set of ministers who will propel us out of this mess into our true potentials and glory
when you listen to those jobless economy analyst talk you will expect them to build haven on Earth. Look this is nigeria, even if you bring the best policies people will still be out to rubbish it, look at the guy that forged her signature. Was she also responsible for that? This same woman was begged to leave the prestigious work, go n read her book titled "reforming the irreformable"
Nigeria is a country with lawlessness no institution is working optimally but you will blame and blame what have your mother achieved for this country? You think its easy to obtain her degree, most people who come on air to disparage her have one or two things they are doing, let's scrutinize their value input in their area and see how best they have done? Look at lukemon rilwanu.. What has he achieved in his capacity? You listen to them talk about economy you wonder why they aren't in power or chosen, they weren't chose becos they are not good enough..

3 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by mandax: 11:58am On May 21, 2015
Caseless:
Good!

Okonjo Iwealla is Igbo, even she makes Nigeria become Dubai overnight, a Yoruba must petition against her.

5 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by patrick89(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2015
Mbilla:
Am proudly Akwaibomite and so much believe that who God bless no man man. Pls why do u yoruba's hate anything good coming from Igbo tribe? Why do you Yorubas like to backstabber and bad mouth anything igbo? even we Akwaibomite are not leftout because outside our state, we are being generalize as Igbos becos we are fair and does similiar things like igbos. You yorubas hate our own Africa and world heroe Chinue Achebe even when Kenyans, Zimbabwes, and the rest of the world love him because he is an Igbo man. You Yorubas hate Chimemanda Adichie, a young intelligent lady that have won many awards and made Africa pride because her only sin is that she is an Igbo lady. You Yorubas were busy writing rubbish in Chelsea FC website about John Mickel Obi, just because his an Igbo, abusing the young man who have won more medals and trophies than all the yoruba footballers join together. Where is John Mikel mate Taye Taiwo(yoruba)? Now yorubas again trying hard to tanish the image of Prof. Ngozi Okonjo Iwela our own and the only Africa woman to be World Bank director general, just because she is an Igbo woman. Yorubas why are u people so envious, evil with put him down attitude? no wonder Sanusi said Yorubas are problems of Nigeria. Yorubas pls live and let Igbos live, live and let Niger Deltas live, live and let Goodluck Jonathan live. Yorubas get a life and stop senseless media propangada
. You also recognise that mikel own? Hahahah what of keshi? They always pray for his failure. I don't get worried any longer, they did the same thing to osaze! Inyanya, but I'm enjoying the thing now because the igbo youths are evolving into this, becos they never cared about this before, their eyes are beginning to open. And whenever igbo people take on anything they will use all their strength. The have radio biafra where they ginger them to be alert. Their eyes are open now.. Look at what happened on alleged human part selling, you could see how they reported it, and how they kept quite about their own politician that was caught in the act killing a boy for rituals. If you google rituals in nigeria you will see numerous names from their side, but they will only talk about cliford orji that took place since 25 years ago.. That's how these people are.. They are not even articulate when you listen to them, they jump and jumb and jumb, they hardly make an intelligent argument. This is becos of their short coming in traveling and learning, they only use what happens in lagos to judge the whole of the country.. They condemn Akwaibom nest and write rubbish about the stadium, they rubbished tinapa. You people should start blowing your trumpet positively..

7 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by patrick89(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2015
I'm challenging anyone to bring an empirical evidence to back up their claims against okonjo!!

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 21, 2015
when u see a foolish individual, u will know
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by mandax: 12:04pm On May 21, 2015
Instead of an average man from the SW to ask for fiscal federalism be returned to Nigeria to enable corruption leave Nigeria, to enable the country grow with leaps and bounds as a result of internal competition among the constituent regions of Nigeria, an average man from the SW who claim sophisticated still yearn for development with the continuation of the present failed political structure and government system.

An average man from the SW still believes that Nigeria can progress with a messiah of leader that shall come from heaven to lead Nigeria. Foul.

Read the last Punch editorial against Iwealla and you understand the above.

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by elder116: 12:10pm On May 21, 2015
Taylor86:
The petition was filed by one Sunday Iwalaiye through the world's largest petition platform Change.org (An online platform where individuals can start a campaign and mobilise hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making government bodies and company responsive and accountable).

"YALE UNIVERSITY GAVE ITS PRESTIGIOUS HONORARY DOCTORATE DEGREE TO AN UNDESERVING NIGERIAN"

:Ngozi Iweala, the outgoing Nigeria's finance minister was awarded a honorary doctorate degree by Yale University on May 15, 2015. The citation from the Yale University reads:"Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Doctor of Humane Letters. You are a citizenof your country, your continent, and the world. Shaped by challenging experiences during your childhood in Nigeria, you have made social and economic reform your mission. As Nigeria’s coordinating minister of economic development and minister of finance, you have tackled corruption, created a vision and path to long-term economic stability, and worked to build a culture of transparency. At the World Bank, you made food securitya priority and provided policy adviceand capital for the world’s poorest countries. With wisdom, a fierce dedication to doing what is right, and unflagging energy, you have transformed the economic landscape of your nation. We are proud to name you Doctor of Humane Letter"This citation from the Yale University does not reflect nor represent everything that has happened under the watch and the supervision of the Nigerian economy by Ngozi Iweala as the nation's finance minister.

There is no tangible evidence of any economic development in Nigeria under the leadership of Ngozi Iweala in all reality. Nigeria's economy is still an oil-dependent economy that is debt and borrowingridden as well as 100% consuming and importing in nature. Nigeria's debt profile has risen rapidly under Ngozi Iweala and Nigeria has borrowed over $2 billion in the last four months alone to pay salaries ofthe federal and state civil servants.Our foreign reserves and excess crude oil accounts have both depleted heavily under Ngozi Iweala. The recurrent expenditures in the federal budgets reached the highest levels which made capital development practically impossible in Nigeria under Ngozi Iweala. The board of regents of this ivy league school missed it completely by awarding their prestigious honorarydoctorate degree to an undeserving Nigerian in all truth, honesty and reality. The Nigeria's economy has remained the same under Ngozi Iweala without any evidence of its diversity from oil.

The Nigerian Naira crashed to its lowest value in its history under Ngozi Iweala. The true picture that Yale University missed is the fact that the economy of Nigeria has almost grounded to its final halt today which will makes its a daunting task for the incoming administration of General Muhammadu Buhari to meet its campaign promises.The menace of official corruption and financial scandals have both reached their peaks in Nigeria underNgozi Iweala. A central bank governor was fired for disclosing that $20 billion was missing from the federal coffers and this allegation was investigated in a shady and questionable manner. The oil subsidy scam that cheated Nigeria's tax payers of trillions of Naira was coordinated and supervised by Ngozi Iweala. The culture of official corruption and state resource mismanagement were both honored, celebrated, protected and defended under the leadership of Ngozi Iweala as the supervising coordinator of the Nigerian economy. To give a honorary doctorate degree to an undeserving Nigerian by this world's reknown university is the biggest slap on the faces of the 180 million Nigerians in 2015.

I am using this social medium to appeal to the board of regents of this prestigious university to withdraw this honorary degree that they awarded to this Nigerian immediately and without any furtherdelay for the sake of posterity.

https://www.change.org/p/yale-university-withdraw-the-honorary-doctorate-degree-given-to-ngozi-iweala-of-nigeria?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5454584854

U better go and get a life for yourself bro.
People like you hardly get good thing in life cos of envy.

Or better still, keep gnashing your teeth while she keep soaring high.
But I will suggest that you jump inside lagoon to alleviate your suffering.

MUMU!

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Morizo(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2015
And if I may ask...WHO THE HELL are we? Some ethnic champions that see nothing good in another tribe, or bunch of keypad warriors
We are going to mount pressure on them ...massively[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Northern Nigeria So Backward Academically? / Sexual Misconduct: OAU, UNIABUJA Dismiss Four Profs, 14 Others / In Memory Of The Aluu Four Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.