Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form (26550 Views)

Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / Ten Types Of People You Will Find In The Bank This Last Day Of BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by InZA: 9:03am On May 21, 2015
onatisi:
But the nigerian government and the cbn has been telling ppl to do this BVN for almost 8months now!!!!! The problem with nigerians is that they like to take everything for granted and they don't want to do the right thing at the right time. Now I am sure banks will be flooded with ppl wanting to beat the deadline ,but 2months ago I am sure those banks will be begging ppl to do the bvn and customers won't mind them. nigerians should stop blaming others and the system for their own shortcomings or failure and always endeavour to do the right thing at the right time .

Please o pardon my ignorance, Can I get my BVN in a bank I didn't originally open my account? or must it be the branch of the bank I opened. Reason I'm asking is my active bank account was opened in some distant state in the north, but I'm presently in the west. Thank you.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by factorial1(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2015
I received a message from Access Bank yesterday... Stating that I should register for BVN and that Accounts with no BVN will be blocked soon. Kindly visit any Access Bank branch to register. This of Access is surely not a scam. Maybe the one you(OP) received is a scam though.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Babs015(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2015
That is a scam message as no bank in this country is carrying out BVN online neither will any bank ask you to go online to activate/re-activate your ATM cards...... Please always beware of fraudulent mails and websites.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Nobody: 9:05am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

I was surprised receiving an e-mail this morning from this bank
that my ATM card will be disabled if I don't have BVN. Below was what I received:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that your ATM Debit card will be disabled soon from performing transactions,Pending your registration for the new ATM card bank verification number(BVN) as directed by the Central Bank of Nigeria,Please note that this registration is Mandatory.
Simply copy and paste the link below in your browser and fill in the registration form to reactivate your ATM card immediately"

I wonder what having this BVN number is turning into. Is it a must I have it nor make use of it?

End time thing I think.... What do you as well think of this BVN or no BVN issues?
bros abeg do me a favour and don't dare fill any form online. Its a big scam and its used to get ur information to access your account. If there is any issue with ur card or u're scared of BVN run to your bank and make an enquiry or complain. Pls pls pls don't fill any form online o biko.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Babs015(m): 9:07am On May 21, 2015
InZA:

Please o pardon my ignorance, Can I get my BVN in a bank I didn't originally open my account? or must it be the branch of the bank I opened. Reason I'm asking is my active bank account was opened in some distant state in the north, but I'm presently in the west. Thank you.
your BVN can be done in any bank, it doesn't matter whether you open your account there or not and one single registration covers all other occounts you may have (that is if you have multiple accounts)
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by bornmekus: 9:08am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

that my ATM card will be disabled if I don't have BVN. Below was what I received:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that your ATM Debit card will be disabled soon from performing transactions,Pending your registration for the new ATM card bank verification number(BVN) as directed by the Central Bank of Nigeria,Please note that this registration is Mandatory.
Simply copy and paste the link below in your browser and fill in the registration form to reactivate your ATM card immediately"
. Enemies @ work.

I wonder what having this BVN number is turning into. Is it a must I have it nor make use of it?

End time thing I think.... What do you as well think of this BVN or no BVN issues?

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Awoofawo(m): 9:09am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:

It is but why must we be frustrated with its usage.

The scheme is already bedeviled with usual Nigeria spirit. Some people include me are waiting for our BVN since last year, no show!

Should we now go for another one ni? I no kunku get money for the yeye account self (may that what account for the delay sha) cool grin
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by InZA: 9:09am On May 21, 2015
Babs015:
your BVN can be done in any bank, it doesn't matter whether you open your account there or not and one single registration covers all other occounts you may have (that is if you have multiple accounts)

Ohh alright...Thanks for explanation.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by princefaculty(m): 9:09am On May 21, 2015
That mail is a scam, if you've completed it or intend to after now just know that u don fall mugu. BVN is done physically in the bnking hall where u give other bio-data along side your physical capture & thumb prints being taken.
Abi Dem wan take ϋя capture & thumb prints online?

#BeWiseAndShineYourEyes
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by whitestar01(m): 9:09am On May 21, 2015
Pls what's bvn all about? I hv not heard about it, can someone enlighten me on this pls . I no de formoooo
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Nobody: 9:10am On May 21, 2015
InZA:

you can get your bvn in any bank or any branch. I.e you can register for bvn in diamond bank even tho you don't have an account there. I use GTbank and I registered in UBA.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by loomer: 9:10am On May 21, 2015
Make dem disable na.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Nobody: 9:12am On May 21, 2015
whitestar01:
Pls what's bvn all about? I hv not heard about it, can someone enlighten me on this pls . I no de formoooo
BVN means Bank Verification Number its a directive from CBN to all banks to register everyone for BVN.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by waveskaaya(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2015
are you sure this isn't a scam as i'm not sure you can do that online.pls contact your back.x
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by donbenie(m): 9:13am On May 21, 2015
Nigerians and their Fire Brigade approach to Issues,the BVN registration have been going on since ages and everybody had an I don't care attitude towards it,now the whole thing is getting late people are running helter skelter looking for whom to blame for their INEPTITUDE..SMH
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by 9jatatafo(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2015
OP please be careful, I don't like that place you said you were instructed to copy a link into your browser and complete your registration online, it smells scam. On a serious note, just go to your bank to do the filling of the form yourself.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Nobody: 9:16am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

The message was sent to you by fraudsters. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE ANY LINK AND DO NOT COMPLETE ANY FORM ONLINE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by chattelrealty: 9:19am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

So in 2015 you still don't know when fraud knocks on your door.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by jblessed(m): 9:19am On May 21, 2015
That's pure scam, bvn is done at the bank.. besides, I'm yet to get my bvn after registering since January.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by legalwealth(m): 9:20am On May 21, 2015
Now that this thread has been moved to FP, I'm glad that Nigerians will be aware of the BVN and
tactic used by scammers and fraudsters in defrauding people with BVN issue
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Eureka123(f): 9:20am On May 21, 2015
Where's the link??
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by legalwealth(m): 9:22am On May 21, 2015
For those criticising me,kindly check frontpage or check my quote below.Thanks

legalwealth:

Thanks so much for this insight.

I didn't even click on the link but I thrashed it immediately but going back to the e-mail now
shows what you've just said.

Anyways!I think our banking system will still get to that stage(Scammers can fore-see future of the BVN issue)
if this issue of BVN is not addressed on time although I'm not saying we Nigerians shouldn't register for it but
it shouldn't be made a priority one provides the number before one can transact in the banking hall/system.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Excellent7(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2015
This is obviously a SCAM mail!
If you venture to follow the provided link to make any "update or registration" online you have given some crooks access to your account and soon you stand to start receiving debit alert on your account as the feast on your savings.
Just walk over to your Bank and have a face to face chat or call your bank's customer service line.
Never ever do an update of your financial instruments online, NO FINANCIAL INSTITUTION will ask a customer to do that.
I receive severally such mails from financial institutions I have no dealing with.
Be advised!!
Be warned !!!
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Mistaarhlohki(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

SCAM!!!!!

ITS NOT MANDATORY... ITS OPTIONAL...JUST LIKE ONLINE BANKING.....SCAM!!!!!
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by zomoears(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2015
Scam. Fraud. Spear phishers. Please do not respond to that e-mail.

Seun and mods should please modify the topic to read something like "Fraud alert: do not respond to mail saying your card will be disabled..."
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by switchmax8: 9:27am On May 21, 2015
beware this might be a scam gtb has not started sending people email for bvn registration it is when you come for withdrawals you will be asked to register however,the link i saw looks suspicious it is a link that the scammer will ask you to fill in your atm details to enable them clone it.whenever you receive email from any bank call their customer care to confirm before responding to the email
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by sniper77(m): 9:30am On May 21, 2015
kennygee:
This exercise is mandatory for all individual customers and must be completed before June 30th, 2015.

BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank)
Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
It will address issues of identity theft, thus reduce exposure to fraud
The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers
Reduce queue in Banking Halls
Standardized efficiency of Banking operations
The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Banks
Increasing your accessibility to credit facilities and other financial services.

Go and get your BVN o.

Kennygee you be banker
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by lordmario(m): 9:30am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

BVN is done primarily to safeguard ur account. We as human have different fingerprints so no one can enter your account without your fingerprint. That aside. Reading this message, this is SCAM !!! Do not fill any form online. BVN is done at the bank and you will need to thumbprint. Its a physical process not an online thing. Be warned
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Nobody: 9:33am On May 21, 2015
sniper77:

Kennygee you be banker

Yep.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by denice22(m): 9:38am On May 21, 2015
My friend please don't follow what that link is up to to me its a scam. Go to you bank and verify the message sent to you.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Skoopy(m): 9:43am On May 21, 2015
Copy and paste link on your browser to reactivate your Atm card? SCAM!

Fall for this at your own risk.

Naija factor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar / Paid In Full: How I Am Making Income Online In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.