Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Should The EFCC Be The One Prosecuting This Case? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The EFCC Be The One Prosecuting This Case? (385 Views)

EFCC Calls Reno Omokiri To Order Over His Post On The Presidency & The EFCC / Godswill Akpabio Returns Home After His Invitation By The EFCC / Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should The EFCC Be The One Prosecuting This Case? by socialmediaman: 7:37am On May 21, 2015
Please Why Should The EFCC Be The One Prosecuting This Case?

I read a frontpage news a few days ago about a man charged to court by the EFCC and remanded for allegedly forging the signature of minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, recommending him for a job at The EFCC, TETFUND and NSPM.

https://www.nairaland.com/2324432/job-seeker-forged-okonjo-iwealas-signature

While this alleged crime is despicable and should be dealt with accordingly, I believe this is purely police business, not the job of the EFCC. That the crime occurred at the EFCC office does not mean the Financial Crime Agency should neglect its core duties and double as police on this issue. To me, the EFCC should be the witness and not the prosecuting body in this instance. Has the EFCC now become so jobless that It no longer has financial crime cases to investigate and prosecute in our highly corrupt government agencies and other organizations?

I wish to encourage the EFCC to please hand over the case to the police to do their job while the EFCC focuses on its primary functions as an Economic and Financial Crime Watchdog. I also encourage the Inspector General of Police to please get a court order to stop the EFCC from further prosecuting this matter and hand it over to the police accordingly. This, in my opinion, is the real meaning of due process and Rule of Law.

God Bless Nigeria

- SocialMediaMan

1 Like

Re: Should The EFCC Be The One Prosecuting This Case? by socialmediaman: 7:59am On May 21, 2015
Justice is not handed to you when you appear to be crushed by it - SocialMediaMan

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity - Nigerian Bloggers Now Takes Time To Update Their Blogs/forum / Massive Purge: Imo PDP Sacks Araraume, Anumudu, 18 Others / Who Is GREATER: CBN Governor Or Afdb President???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.