Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda (779 Views)

Atm Suspension Is Suicidal, Another Apc Policy Summersault / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / APC Policy Agenda Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by teeebugs: 8:21am On May 21, 2015
The direction and programmes of the incoming administration of Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) appears to be emerging with the guide being offered in the form of start-up reform marshal plan by a former British Prime Minister, Mr Tony Blair, who urged him to carry out a complete overhaul of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and solve the problematic petroleum subsidy regime within the first 100 days of assuming office. The recommendation is in synch with the call by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) for the incoming Buhari administration to declare a state of emergency in the oil sector given its myriad of problems. Blair’s policy pep-talk came just as the Vice-President-elect, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, gave a frightening picture of the Apccountry’s economic situation, saying that Nigeria’s local and international debt burden has hit $60 billion, while the debt servicing bill for 2015 is N953.6 billion (about 21%) of our budget.

The ex-British prime minister, who was represented by Peter Benjamin Mandelson, a former Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, at a two-day All Progressives Congress (APC) Policy Dialogue holding in Abuja, yesterday advised that the government should as a matter of priority undertake the shake-up in the management of NNPC within the first 100 days of assumption of office. Blair said the new government should try to utilise the enormous goodwill it presently enjoys to take far-reaching economic decisions, including taking an intelligible stand on the controversial fuel subsidy policy. “You have more goodwill to do very difficult things at the beginning of your administration than later. You can crack the NNPC with the first 100 days,” he said. According to Blair, Nigeria has huge natural endowment of energy resources but could not effectively utilise such rich resources to economic advantage because of misplaced priorities.

“These issues are like this, for a country that has extraordinary resources of oil and have this amazing privilege of source of energy, yet power generation was not as good as it should. People having to wait for hours queuing to get fuel and end up buying it elsewhere. I think the resources voted for this subsidy can be better used for other things. “Where is it running away to? I think we need to recapture this oil resource and the revenues put to good use so that it can be invested for the long term good of the country, in infrastructure, human capital development, education system and skill acquisition that people need to work with in the future. “This is where the money should be going to. That is why before reorganisation and also the long reach of the law, there is the need to begin here pretty soon in order to make sure the system as whole works better for Nigeria. That is my view,” he said.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/re-organisation-of-nnpc-removal-of-oil-subsidy-job-creation-top-agenda-at-apc-policy-meeting/
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by Trut(m): 8:24am On May 21, 2015
Make dem try am first, all they know is OYEL OYEL OYEL grin
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by Nobody: 8:25am On May 21, 2015
i hope all these aren't initial gra gra, the momentum of continuity is what that office need and i hop APC is capable...
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by 9niceguy(m): 8:25am On May 21, 2015
Really? FTC in case.
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by 9niceguy(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2015
Mehn! Those guys chanced me.
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by Trut(m): 8:29am On May 21, 2015
9niceguy:

You came 3rd
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by socialmediaman: 8:29am On May 21, 2015
Good for Nigeria's development..
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2015
9niceguy:
I swear you no serious.. Instead of you to contribute to the thread, na space you wan book.. Oya start contributing now..
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by Medley(m): 8:39am On May 21, 2015
the same oil subsidy that GEJ tried to remove in full that oil cabals used Nigerians to fight against it. I just want to believe that the Buhari will let the masses benefit from it removal.
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by 9niceguy(m): 8:49am On May 21, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:

I swear you no serious.. Instead of you to contribute to the thread, na space you wan book.. Oya start contributing now..
Hmmmmm. I pray something good will come out of all these promises.
We need action as soon as possible not the type of promises we have been hearing before now.
May God help our leaders.
May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: APC Policy Meeting:removal Of Oil Subsidy, Job Creation Top Agenda by 9niceguy(m): 8:51am On May 21, 2015
Trut:

You came 3rd
I like 1st not 3rd

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Comedian Baba Sala At 80 / Edwin Clark: Before And After / The Return Of Northern Oligarchy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.