Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

22-year-old Lady Emerges As UI Best Graduating Student In Physiotherapy Dept - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 22-year-old Lady Emerges As UI Best Graduating Student In Physiotherapy Dept (1957 Views)

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Oroh Jessica Eloho Best Graduating Student In Dept Of Chem Sci, Bells University / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

22-year-old Lady Emerges As UI Best Graduating Student In Physiotherapy Dept by danduchi(m): 9:01am On May 21, 2015
22-year-old Miss Adetayo Adeyemo, who hails from Oyo
East LGA of Oyo State, was the cynosure of all eyes at
the recent induction of 19 physiotherapy graduands
trained by the College of Medicine, University of Ibadan
into the physiotherapy profession. She emerged as the best graduating student in the Department of Physiotherapy among the five students that graduated with first class honours, comprising one male and four female.
The induction, chaired by the Vice Chancellor, Prof Isaac
Adewole, who was represented by the vice chancellor
(Admin), Prof Emilolorun Ayelari, was held at Paul
Hendrickse Lecture Theatre, University College Hospital
(UCH) premises, Ibadan. Miss Adeyemo, spoke on the secret of her success. According to her, “Actually, the first thing I would like to say is that it was God. I could not have made it and I don’t know how I would have made it if not for God; that was the first factor. Then, the second factor has to do
with motivations from parents, family and friends. I am
an advocate of excellence. I wanted excellence and I went for it. This was made possible by God. I am a child of God and I believe so much in God. When I was on campus, I was committed to my books, fellowship and I served God the way He wanted me to. I am a Baptist. But I attended UCH Christian Fellowship. At one time, I was the Evangelism Secretary and at another time a Sisters’ Leader. My dad is a quantity surveyor and my mummy a retired vice principal of a school.” “I am to proceed on internship now. Thereafter, God will take charge of my next move in life.”
Adetayo’s mother, Mrs. Juliana Adeyemo, could not hide her
joy, saying: “I feel highly elated and I return all glory to God
because it is not our own making. It is the making of God. It
is God that has granted our baby the grace to go though the
course and excel. It is our prayer that God will use this as a
stepping stone for her to greater things in life.”
According to her, Adetayo has been a meticulous person
from childhood. She explained that her daughter has been
highly dedicated since she was in Nursery One. “Adetayo is
very religious and she has her backing in God. She is the
last child of the family of four children,” s he said.
Mrs. Adeyemo disclosed that the first and second children of the family are currently Ph.D students abroad and in
Nigeria, studying Chemistry and Animal Science respectively. The third child, she disclosed, is a medical laboratory scientist, who is currently serving as a youth corps member in Kwara State. She also described her husband, Mr. Adebayo Adeyemo, as a disciplinarian, who would not spare the rod to spoil the child. The family, she said, worshipped at the Ebenezer Baptist Church, Jabata in Oyo town.

(1) (Reply)

Major Events And Dates In Nigeria's History You Should Know / How Many Triangles Do U See / Covenant University Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.