Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash (3308 Views)

One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape / Governor Ambode Is Fulfilling His Campaign Promises - PDP / We’re Inheriting Nigeria’s Worst Economy In History – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by emiye(m): 1:07pm On May 21, 2015
Lagos saves 15% of its monthly igr, it is from this , it service its bonds, it currently has over 100 billion in that account, meanwhile Lagos debt is like 150 billion naira. No cause for alarm about Lagos debts.

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by ba7man(m): 1:10pm On May 21, 2015
denko:
What u are seeing in lagos is a media hype
Are you ready for indepth comparism of Lagos State and FG debt status??

Rhetorics won't educate anyone.

Let's start. Answer this question: "How much is Lagos State's debt and How much is FG's"??

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by realjoker(m): 1:12pm On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Okay, you are aware of it?
you sounded as if nothing was done.

Incidentally, that was not the only road.
The rails are back,
Universities were built,
Agriculture was revolutionaised.

Yet, I guess there is no point listing them.
you mind is made up, just like we all do at times.

It is natural.

yap you are correct and the list contineuos; corruption on the high, our external and internal debt grows tremendously, impunity is the other of the day(16 is > 19, 5 members impeached a speaker of a house of 26 member), we lost a territory big as belgium to insurgence, nis job scam that leads to the death of five and injured dozens, tribal genocide is at all time high in the MB, thousand were mascacered in NE and millions rendered homeless, the deliberate abandonment of ND oil community, NDDC scam, nnpc scam, nimasa controvercial contract to militant, paper and mediocrity developnt is meant for the gullible and tribal bigot. Many to be mention indeed.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 21, 2015
OP who would be in charge of the country after May 29th Osinajo or Buhari?
denko:
Nigerian should be be ready to demand from them whatever they have promised. NO ROOM FOR FAILURE JONATHAN WAS BAD (According to APC) THAT IS WHY YOU WHERE VOTED FOR.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by comos: 1:29pm On May 21, 2015
OduaVanguard:
What did FG spend all their debt money on? ? Election bribery? Or the power reform that has left us in perpetual darkness? At least we can see evidence of Lagos state progress.

That missing $20billion GEJ and his cronies stole is alone to slash the $60billion external debt by close to half. Be sincere with yourselves pls. Nigerians are not fools, and it's coz of these sort of excesses that he was booted out.
what evidence? is it not the lagos I reside in.
the only evidence we have are those that exist in pictures.
Fashola is a complete failure who has been deceiving Lagosian by diverting their attention to FG
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by ElFenomeno1: 1:32pm On May 21, 2015
9jalyte:

What exactly is ur motive. U have used propaganda to win, if I were u guys I will talk less. Truth is that APC actually will have very few projects to shine with. Let me be clearer:

1. In road construction: those who travel a lot, (not those that see the world from their cubicle all year and year) will attest to the fact that roads that were major concerns to travellers have been done or awarded/ongoing by GEJ. The Shagamu-ore-benin- asaba-onitsha-owerri &enugu road. Also the Lagos - Ibadan road, the Ilesha - Akure road, Lokoja-Abuja road, Lokoja - ayingba road. The abuja Kaduna road, the Mina-suleja road. The Oshodi Apapa road. The notorious east/west road, the enugu-PH road, and many I can't just mention here. For APC to outshine GEJ in road construction, it will be almost impossible now.
2. Education: for those who are in the university sysyem, they wil agree that the funding the received from GEJ, no president ever tried it. The number of Universities built by GEJ, no president in his of Africa had built the number of universities in the time frame. Not to talk of almajiri schools. The UBE projects are every where, the President's scholarship for best brains etc. I wonder what APC will to to rubbish these achievements.
Transportation: let me not even begin with the work done in the airports, or the rail lines. You can appraise that ur self.
3. Democratic system. Take it up or down, GEJ is the Hero of Democracy in modern Nigeria. His composure and attitude to governance in the face of fierce criticism showed he is a true democrat and built the culture of transparency in governance, that's why today Nigerians are shouting about perceived corruption in the system cus he created opening for people to see and asked. Do we talk about electoral system under him?
I don't know where to stop, just research how every sector used to be before 2010 and compare with now.

You are a monumental disgrace with the nonsense above.

I am not even going to bother with you

GEJ knows he is a monumental failure with nothing tangible to show for his 6 years at the helm

May we never see the likes of GEJ at the helm in this country again

Morally bankrupt, incompetent, corrupt, visionless, clueless and inept man!

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by 9jalyte: 2:08pm On May 21, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You are a monumental disgrace with the nonsense above.

I am not even going to bother with you

GEJ knows he is a monumental failure with nothing tangible to show for his 6 years at the helm

May we never see the likes of GEJ at the helm in this country again

Morally bankrupt, incompetent, corrupt, visionless, clueless and inept man!

You see, when I read people like you I see more reasons why we should criminalize abuse against children. I see in u a child that was thoroughly abused, such that in your old age, the bitterness in you can trigger terrorism.
You were quick to call me names, but the overflowing bile in you could not allow u reason or give a contrary view to what I said. Typical of people like u, u hate the truth. U want to blame jonathan for everything, ur numb conscience cannot accept the idea that the man you are insulting has raised the stakes for your champions. Thank God we have 8 days to go. We are waiting, I hope u will not hide ur face in shame. And honestly, I feel pity for you, cus it is obvious u have never held a leadership position and will never hold one as evident in you personality.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by denko(m): 2:12pm On May 21, 2015
How much is Lagos State owing?
ba7man:
Are you ready for indepth comparism of Lagos State and FG debt status??

Rhetorics won't educate anyone.

Let's start. Answer this question: "How much is Lagos State's debt and How much is FG's"??
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by Meiji(m): 2:39pm On May 21, 2015
ba7man:
The question should be:

(1) How much debt does Lagos have compared to the FG??

(2) What did Lagos do with the monies borrowed compared to the FG??

$60 Billion.................can you compare that to Lagos state's debt??

And we all know Lagos State is currently a rare Nigerian economic success due to its borrowing and has structures on ground to finance its debt.

Can we say the same about the FG's debt??

It's not the "Federal Government" that's owing $60 billion. It's the Federal, state and local governments that owe that combined sum.

Don't misinform people.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Are you not also aware of the assets Jonathan is leaving behind?
Which assets if I may ask?...juxtapose the asset with the situation of the country presently but first highlight those assets for me
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2015
angelsing:
Which assets if I may ask?...juxtapose the asset with the situation of the country presently but first highlight those assets for me

Not until after you've highlighted the assets Fashola is leaving behind and also juxtaposing same with the situation in Lagos.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Not until after you've highlighted the assets Fashola is leaving behind and also juxtaposing same with the situation in Lagos.
The fact is am so lazy to go start digging out all fashola asset and legacy in lagos state but if u care to check, go and see that thread by Aresa on Lagos vs Akwa ibom...There u will find all u need to know
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2015
angelsing:
The fact is am so lazy to go start digging out all fashola asset and legacy in lagos state but if u care to check, go and see that thread by Aresa on Lagos vs Akwa ibom...There u will find all u need to know

I went through the thread and 80% of the projects commissioned there were private sector financed PPP projects.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by youngeagle(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2015
I use to think that the south-west has many educated and informed youths bt with the comments I read here,I see bunch of gullible and pathetic youths who will take any sh*t that comes out of there leader bt will like to disgrace and insult people from other region for a little mistake they did....a time will come when propaganda won't be relevant again because that's the only tool u guys hve in politicking...let's see who will loose
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I went through the thread and 80% of the projects commissioned there were private sector financed PPP projects.
You are funny...so what u are saying is only 20percent of the project are actual lagos state own project...lol..okay oo I have heard you
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by SOUNDKING: 11:11pm On May 22, 2015
gratiaeo:
That's Yoruba hypocrisy 4 u
yoruba and hypocrisy are like papa and mama.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by baralatie(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2015
angelsing:
What is wrong with you guys?...We are talking about the country not a state..Is lagos state our country?..if u want to talk about lagos debt go and open a thread of that enough of this bringing lagos state issue every time we re talking about Nigeria
so Lagos state debt is irrelevant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by arresa: 3:17am On May 23, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

There are tons and tons of projects in that thread so do us a favour by highlighting 2 or maybe 3 PPP...

PPP or no PPP, your villages combined have not commissioned anything since 1999... Shameless people...
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:24am On May 23, 2015
arresa:

There are tons and tons of projects in that thread so do us a favour by highlighting 2 or maybe 3 PPP...

PPP or no PPP, your villages combined have not commissioned anything since 1999... Shameless people...

Dude, the bottom line of all governmental projects is to add to the improvement of all human development indices which are in turn reflected on the attainment of the Millenium Development Goals (MDGs).

So, effectiveness of governance should and is measured by their impact on the populace viz a viz human development indices.

Commissioning an empty building and call g it a hospital doesn't improve the health and well being of the masses. As long as the projects are not reflected on people's lives, all monies expended on them are wasted.

In the light of the above, kindly download the latest MDG report for your perusal and then make a judgement on who is performing.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/254
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2015
arresa:

Dude, the bottom line of all governmental projects is to add to the improvement of all human development indices which are in turn reflected on the attainment of the Millenium Development Goals (MDGs).

So, effectiveness of governance should and is measured by their impact on the populace viz a viz human development indices.

Commissioning an empty building and calling it a hospital doesn't improve the health and well being of the masses neither does commissioning a school without well trained and motivated manpower improve academic performances. As long as the projects are not reflected on people's lives, all monies expended on them are wasted.

In the light of the above, kindly download the latest MDG report for your perusal and then make a judgement on who is performing.

cc: angelsing
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by nigerianvenom(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Fashola is handing over the worst debt in the history of Lagos state to Ambode.

u just took the word outta my lips
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 9:49am On May 23, 2015
baralatie:

so Lagos state debt is irrelevant?
No one is saying lagos debt is irrelevant but u can relate the performance of lagos state government with their Debt. I doubt if we can say the same for our dear country Nigeria
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by baralatie(m): 9:55am On May 23, 2015
angelsing:
No one is saying lagos debt is irrelevant but u can relate the performance of lagos state government with their Debt. I doubt if we can say the same for our dear country Nigeria
well I have good news for you!
you can say and relate the performance of Nigeria as well it is faaar better than six years ago!
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 10:02am On May 23, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Commissioning an empty building and calling it a hospital doesn't improve the health and well being of the masses neither does commissioning a school without well trained and motivated manpower improve academic performances. As long as the projects are not reflected on people's lives, all monies expended on them are wasted.

cc: angelsing
This question I like to ask u again is why are we comparing Lagos and Nigeria?...is Lagos now a country?..The fact we dragged lagos into this conversation just goes to show we have turned the issue to APC vs PDP because under normal circumstances I don't see how we will be comparing the whole country to a state...I read through the MDG report and there are so many report I tend to disagree with.
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2015
angelsing:
This question I like to ask u again is why are we comparing Lagos and Nigeria?...is Lagos now a country?..The fact we dragged lagos into this conversation just goes to show we have turned the issue to APC vs PDP because under normal circumstances I don't see how we will be comparing the whole country to a state...I read through the MDG report and there are so many report I tend to disagree with.

It's because the debt Fashola is leaving behind can only be compared to the federal govt's debt. If you put it side by side with any other state, you may end up asking for Fashola's head.

For starters, the entire 36 states in Nigeria owe about 3.2 billion dollars and Lagos state alone owes 1.16 billion dollars out of the whole lot. That is more than 40%.

Na only Fashola waka come?

http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/subn/docs/Federal%20and%20State%20Governments%20External%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2031st%20December%202014.pdf

On the MDG report, what do you disagree with? Do you have any superior argument backed by empirical evidence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 10:11am On May 23, 2015
baralatie:

well I have good news for you!
you can say and relate the performance of Nigeria as well it is faaar better than six years ago!
Well base on this, our opinion will surely differs...If am correct u are in Nigeria presently, how is the country any different from where Jonathan met it...We have so many IDP, no light, no fuel, depleted foreign reserve,economy crashing, naira lost value..As much as I can rate GEJ for the reviving of railway sector, the construction of few roads and freedom of speech, all in all I can't boldly say the country has tremendously change under those 6yrs...my opinion
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 10:23am On May 23, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

It's because the debt Fashola is leaving behind can only be compared to the federal govt's debt. If you out it side by side with any other state, you may end up asking for Fashola's head.

For starters, the entire 36 states in Nigeria owe about 3.2 billion dollars and Lagos state alone owes 1.16 billion dollars out of the whole lot. That is more than 40%.

Na only Fashola waka come?

http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/subn/docs/Federal%20and%20State%20Governments%20External%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2031st%20December%202014.pdf

On the MDG report, what do you disagree with? Do you have any superior argument backed by empirical evidence?
I did ask you to check the performance of Lagos state against their debt..You went to check and claim 80percent of it was PPP assisted project...Can u show me the debt of the country against their performance...You should also know most debt lagos accrued were for Capital project and not debt they owe to pay salary
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by baralatie(m): 11:13am On May 23, 2015
angelsing:
Well base on this, our opinion will surely differs...If am correct u are in Nigeria presently, how is the country any different from where Jonathan met it...We have so many IDP, no light, no fuel, depleted foreign reserve,economy crashing, naira lost value..As much as I can rate GEJ for the reviving of railway sector, the construction of few roads and freedom of speech, all in all I can't boldly say the country has tremendously change under those 6yrs...my opinion
let us start up
1.oil and gas reforms
ever before now indigenous contractors were a no go area the best you are in your own backyard is supplier.
under Gej following the reforms initiated I can't count the number of indigenous Nigerians participating actively in oil and gas.that one alone is a big achievement.
now Nigerian companies are building refineries at least one.this was not existent before
2.Railway
I have been to railway compound in ebute metta.I
have seen the Chinese compound.I now rail tracks that had goats,cows roaming on them but now I see trains working.
3Have been to murtala international airport lately do you know how it looked like before.
4.I have the opportunity to travel frequently on Nigerian road.if you say there is nothing done.please remember east west road,Benin ore road.
5.banking reforms
this very sector was not like this before.
6.freedom of speech
abeg no era has ever matched what we experienced under this regime when it comes to freedom of speech
7.foreign direct investment. you might not understand this one.
8.come to akwa ibom,I have never seen a place as beautiful as this state.
all name it under Gej regime.
and the achievements are still unending!
Re: Osibanjo Is Inheriting Debt From FG But Ambode Is Not Inheriting Debt Frm Fash by angelsing(m): 11:26am On May 23, 2015
baralatie:

let us start up
1.oil and gas reforms
ever before now indigenous contractors were a no go area the best you are in your own backyard is supplier.
under Gej following the reforms initiated I can't count the number of indigenous Nigerians participating actively in oil and gas.that one alone is a big achievement.
now Nigerian companies are building refineries at least one.this was not existent before
2.Railway
I have been to railway compound in ebute metta.I
have seen the Chinese compound.I now rail tracks that had goats,cows roaming on them but now I see trains working.
3Have been to murtala international airport lately do you know how it looked like before.
4.I have the opportunity to travel frequently on Nigerian road.if you say there is nothing done.please remember east west road,Benin ore road.
5.banking reforms
this very sector was not like this before.
6.freedom of speech
abeg no era has ever matched what we experienced under this regime when it comes to freedom of speech
7.foreign direct investment. you might not understand this one.
8.come to akwa ibom,I have never seen a place as beautiful as this state.
all name it under Gej regime.
and the achievements are still unending!
Like I said our opinion on this will differ...the question is how well have this better our economy?..Can u compare the state of the economy right now to when Obj and yaradua left it?...our opinion will always be different but to me the economy is on its knees right now..Let's us just call a truce on this argument because our opinion will never be in sync no matter how we argue it to and fro

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast In Nyanya And Karu Abuja / 3 Things President Buhari Didn't Know Before Becoming Nigeria's President / Busted Apc Behead Its Chairman Head With Photoshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.