Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba (780 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: News Of Supreme Court Judgment Was False / Dokpesi Launches PDP Chairmanship Campaign / Bode George, Dokpesi For PDP Chairmanship Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 9:42am On May 21, 2015
Now that the resignation of the PDP chairman Alhaji Ahmed Adamu Muazu have been confirmed it is paramount that PDP do the needful to avoid a direct flight into political obscurity and destruction. With respect to the massive support given to the PDP by the south East zone it is clear that the only and strongest support base for the PDP remains the South East hence the leadership of the PDP must appoint a man or woman from the South East political zone to head the PDP or else the people may be forced to reconsider their support for the PDP.

we have given our all to the PDP even bringing our political future into High risk under this current political reign so appointing a Northerner to head the PDP will be suicidal or appointing a yoruba from the south west to come and head the PDP expecting to come down to the south East and campaign for our support will be mission impossible and the surest way to destroy the little thing remaining of the PDP

In the interest of continuation and furtherance of the PDP as a strong opposition party in Nigeria an Igboman must takeover the leadership

signed Ifeduba ThankGod T

aka

AGuiyi Ndigbo Nile mmiri na agbo ego 1 of Anambra

Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by Jerrosky1986(m): 9:45am On May 21, 2015
Ok na we hear
Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by SeverusSnape(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2015
Okay.
Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by Freelancer00(m): 9:56am On May 21, 2015
Now we can call PDP a regional party. Isn't it?

3 Likes

Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by trueconscience(m): 10:16am On May 21, 2015
I dont think that is a wise decision. Doing such would finally make the PDP lose its nationalistic outlook and be relegated as a regional party.

datsall!

1 Like

Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 10:25am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=trueconscience post=33951432]

I dont think that is a wise decision. Doing such would finally make the PDP lose its nationalistic outlook and be relegated as a regional party.

datsall![/quot

undecided

1 Like

Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 10:27am On May 21, 2015
trueconscience:

datsall!
So making PDP have a national outlook is synonymous with not appointing an Igbo man the chairman? they are good for voting but not leading the PDP..?

Any attempt to appoint another Northerner or South Westerner the next PDP chairman will mark the systematic dead of that Party it cannot survive under Buhari regime its only the South East that can ensure the continuous existence of PDP within the next 4 years
Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by Beremx(f): 10:38am On May 21, 2015
Ndi Igbo can have all the positions in PDP. I don't think I care.
@Op,your picture though. Don't tell me that's the face behind the moniker.
Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by eyeview: 10:53am On May 21, 2015
I am igbo but am strongly against your idea. My submission towards 2019 is as follows:
North east: PDP chairman
North west/central: Presidential candidate
South east: VP candidate
South south: PDP BOT chairman( GEJ )
South west: PDP Vice chairman( fayose)

1 Like

Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 11:09am On May 21, 2015
eyeview:
I am igbo but am strongly against your idea. My submission towards 2019 is as follows:
North east: PDP chairman
North west/central: Presidential candidate
South east: VP candidate
South south: PDP BOT chairman( GEJ )
South west: PDP Vice chairman( fayose)

Forget about winning Hausa Votes in 2019 by appointing a Northern PDP chairman in 2019 he will simply sabotage the whole thing at the last minute and resign..

the Only way to dislodge the Apc from power is to build a formidable political party build up by trusted allies not political sabotours

so why will the igbo go for Vice President? are we not more than capable of being the president of Nigeria federation? its an open option for the PDP they either chose survival or natural political death in Nigeria...Any other attempt to impose a northern as the PDP chairman after we have laboured so much and receive bad tag will be totally unacceptable
Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by Nobody: 11:45am On May 21, 2015
This is an excellent idea as it serves our purpose, we the enemies of PDP that hope to see its inevitable extinction from the face of the earth. Nothing will give us more joy than to see the PDP boxed into the corner of regional oblivion. We in the core north have kicked the PDP to where it rightfully belongs: the ash heap of Nigerian history. Nothing will change by 2019 or 3019 for that matter.
Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by NaijirianKing: 3:22pm On May 21, 2015
Thoughts?
Re: The PDP Chairmanship Position Must Be Zoned To The South East- Ifeduba by eyeview: 3:34pm On May 21, 2015
NaijirianKing:
Nothing stops an Igbo from running, however politics is not that simple. The North wants their turn for Yar'Adua. They will get it under Buhari. However, if Buhari does well and runs again, you have to divide the votes of the North in order to beat him.

So the best way to do that would be to run a popular young Northerner who stands to take away from buhari's base, no Igbo man or woman in PDP can currently do that.

A Northerner can have 2019, then potentially hand off the East after his 4-8 years.

You are thinking in d right direction. Its sad that many aren't seeing it that way. The only way to break APC at the centre is to shop for a candidate that can split the northern vote with him while the south east and south south team up to back a south east VP. That's the only viable option for now. Anyother thing will fail.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity (a Farewell By Nairalander) / A Tribute To Babatunde Raji Fashola.we Thank You (video) / Many Frauds Going On Inside Wema Bank (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.