Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit (1276 Views)

Sheriff Unveils Ademola Adeleke As PDP Osun Senatorial Candidate In Abuja / Ademola Adeleke Becomes PDP's Senatorial Candidate, To Replace Late Brother / UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA: Buhari Proposes The Change Of Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by stalyf(m): 12:25pm On May 21, 2015
Addressing a cross section of journalists in his office yesterday, the PDP candidate at the just concluded senatorial elections in Lagos West, Otunba Segun Adewale opined that the reason for his involvement in politics is due to the high level of poverty he has seen in the land and the need for someone to stand up to correct this anomaly in the society. He also stated categorically that Nigeria is only responsible to few individuals and not the general populace as seen in many other countries.

The senatorial candidate who is currently training 20 youths from Lagos West Senatorial District (2 per Local government) when asked on the assurances of getting a job for the participants at the training stated that the world's economy does not favor what you study, but what you know as service industries have become the order of the day. "These graduates will be trained on what they should know and do to become relevant in the world today".

He also advised other graduates who are not beneficiary of this scheme to look out for problems they can solve in the country. "The more problem you can solve, the more money you can make. Solving more complex society problems bring much more money".
On Nigeria's problem, he asserted that the problem of Nigeria is fundamental. "It is not about change of leadership but a change of system which involves a total overhauling of the constitution. Our situation is like using a typewriter in the 21st century for business while other businesses are looking at computers and smart devices". Part of the overhauling of the constitution also involves removing a constitutional term limit for presidents as seen with legislators. "From what I studied in geography, I know that real development takes time, within 10 to 15 years. Removing term limits means a serious government could make long term plans for development without thinking of another government coming in 4 or 8 years time to shatter all progress that must have been made".

Before concluding his media chat, he advised all youths and elites to get involve and participate more in politics as their non-participation is giving room for more illiterates and incompetent people to paddle the affairs of the nation. He also wished General Buhari well for the next four years as the president of the nation.

Source: http://www.newspunch.org/segun-adewale-proposes-the-removal-of-4-year-presidential-term-limit-from-the-constitution/

1 Like

Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by Mynd44: 12:28pm On May 21, 2015
This one is still talking?
Waste of oxygen and skin who wanted to represent me.
Nonsense
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by stalyf(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2015
He is still the best for Lagos West and hopefully, he would reclaim his lost mandate through the tribunal

1 Like

Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by mokset123: 1:02pm On May 21, 2015
Gibberish
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by blackfase(m): 1:38pm On May 21, 2015
Very foolish proposal. Imagine havin to grapple with our current mr clueless for "10 - 15" years according to this daftie. No be for naija. We never ripe reeesh dat level.....
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by Oladipupo22: 2:08pm On May 21, 2015
blackfase:
Very foolish proposal. Imagine havin to grapple with our current mr clueless for "10 - 15" years according to this daftie. No be for naija. We never ripe reeesh dat level.....

If you say we are not ripe for this, you can aa well conclude that we are not ripe for democracy then as the case is!!!

Take a look at the document we call a constitution, all our problems are embodied in it......We have copied another man's land document and it is killing us big time.

This man is correct, our problem is basically fundamental.....We need a new book called constitution...
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by blackfase(m): 2:31pm On May 21, 2015
I totally agree with d kernel of ur argument, d albatross of a fraud called constitution is d main problem & not necessarily d longevity of a particular administration so I insist again, we r not yet good for a prolonged stretch under one man, at least not with d generation of brutish, irrational politicians junkettin all over our faces & lives. Eight years my brotha, is more than enough for any serious human to chart a progressive political course even here in nigeria....

Oladipupo22:

If you say we are not ripe for this, you can aa well conclude that we are not ripe for democracy then as the case is!!!

Take a look at the document we call a constitution, all our problems are embodied in it......We have copied another man's land document and it is killing us big time.

This man is correct, our problem is basically fundamental.....We need a new book called constitution...
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by emiye(m): 2:36pm On May 21, 2015
The man is an idiiot, Lack of term limit is one of the biggest reasons why there are lots of sit tight irresponsible leaders in many African countries , in actual fact, no country should have a constitution not indicating term limit of two terms. Burundi is now looking like it will go back in to the yesteryears of wars and coup, because the president wants to go for third term unconstitutionally.

Systems and institutions not individual.
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by Lanretoye(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2015
I just detest this man with all reasons.
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by easrael(f): 9:17am On May 22, 2015
Lanretoye:
I just detest this man with all reasons.

Some people hating while others are progressing.... Shallow minds everywhere... We don't seem to like ourselves in this country!
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by Lanretoye(m): 10:24am On May 22, 2015
easrael:

Some people hating while others are progressing.... Shallow minds everywhere... We don't seem to like ourselves in this country!
My people perish cos they lack wisdom...A reasonable person would love to ask why i made the statement.
Only a shallow minded person like you wount know that even Jesus christ had haters so why do u fault someone for his/her feels for another person.
One man's food is another man's poison, people like you who got from his N500 and mini pack Indomie election campaign mobilisations will definitely love him, but people like me who know the menace he caused by distributing guns and all sort of arms to thugs that worked for him will certainly get prejudiced animosity for him.
Probably you dont know about him more than i do.
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by BabaNath(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2015
So watery. So if he had won, is this the way he would have represented lagos West? Abeg what is the opposite of intelligence sef
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by easrael(f): 10:52pm On May 22, 2015
Lanretoye:

My people perish cos they lack wisdom...A reasonable person would love to ask why i made the statement.
Only a shallow minded person like you wount know that even Jesus christ had haters so why do u fault someone for his/her feels for another person.
One man's food is another man's poison, people like you who got from his N500 and mini pack Indomie election campaign mobilisations will definitely love him, but people like me who know the menace he caused by distributing guns and all sort of arms to thugs that worked for him will certainly get prejudiced animosity for him.
Probably you dont know about him more than i do.

Tell me where you stay in Lagos?
Re: Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit by Lanretoye(m): 6:27am On May 24, 2015
easrael:

Tell me where you stay in Lagos?
so una go fit come kill me?, if u know him well just tell me that he did not encourage thugs with arms during his campaign.
Now that the election has gone how does he intend to retrieve all the guns he distributed ?

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Akpabio Unveils Independence Hall Abak Today (pictures) / Boko Haram General Tukur Yusuf Buratai Is Appointed As The Commander (MNJTF) / Buhari Shocks APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.