Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,951 members, 7,828,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Buhari Shocks APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks APC (1276 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Shocks APC by SMGS(m): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers, Asks Ex-President To Nominate

Indications emerged on Friday that President Muhammadu Buhari holds regular discussions with the immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan and other former presidents, including Ibrahim Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Olusegun Obasanjo, Yakubu Gowon and Shehu Sagari on who becomes members of the next Federal
Executive Council (FEC).

The move came against the backdrop of unrealistic demands of national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC),
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and some other chieftains of the party.

This also informed the recent decisions of the Presidency to keep away from them major and crucial decisions of government.

President Buhari, having learnt lessons from the overbearing influence of some godfathers of the immediate past government of the now opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) which affected the fortunes of the party in the
last general elections, may have begun secret consultations with former President Goodluck Jonathan on the choice of new ministers, special advisers and other appointments at the federal level.

The president, who confided in some friends of Mr Femi Adesina, his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, who visited him at Defence House, Abuja on Friday, disclosed that he had specifically consulted Jonathan and asked him to forward names of those he considers
competent and fit for appointment as ministers.

According to Sundiata Post, friends of Mr Femi Adesina, immediate past Managing Director of The Sun Newspapers, comprising members of
Nigerian Guild of Editors and his friends from defunct Concord Newspapers, whom had worked with Adesina in the days of Concord, paid a ‘Thank-You’ visit to Buhari at his Defence House residence in Abuja on Friday.

A source from Defence House told our
correspondent that Buhari told the friends of Mr Adesina who came to thank him for the choice of Adesina as Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, that he would run an all-inclusive
government against the thoughts of Bola Tinubu and some APC caucuses, saying:

“I will run all-inclusive government here.”

He described.

Nigeria as an aircraft and Tinubu and the APC as pilots.

The president said they might know and
consider what happens to passengers after the long journey but would forget that governance goes beyond one or two terms, adding that he would not allow selfish and parochial interest of anybody, no matter how highly placed, to override good and corruption-free governance.

The source said,

“Nigerians will be shocked when President Buhari completes the list of who becomes ministers, advisers and all other key positions in a few weeks. By the time the
National Assembly receives the list, even Tinubu will be shocked because like the man said during the inauguration he is ready to work for everybody and nobody.”

The source further revealed that
President Buhari “is ready and willing to work with anybody in any part of the country in as much as the person abides by the philosophy of his government and is ready to live a corruption-free life”.

It added

“those that are perceived corrupt by Nigerians can also work with him if they have decided to turn a new leaf.”

It could be recalled that this is not
the first time President Buhari would work secretly with the former President Jonathan since they had once worked together for the emergence of the former Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr Akinwunmi Adesina as the newly- elected President of African Development Bank (AfDB).

http://savinggracereporters.com/breaking-news/buhari-shocks-apc-consults-jonathan-on-choice-of-ministers-asks-ex-president-to-nominate/
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by saintTim(m): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
I belong to every body and I belong to no body,
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by saintTim(m): 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
I think I'm liking this man
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by yatch360: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
He is one of the best persons to get advice from concerning some issues in govt.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by 9jatriot(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
Maybe he is asking him when he plans to return the stolen money, nothing shocking about that.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by ArchEnemy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
saintTim:

.....being backed up with action.

Wishing him the best. Nigeria needs sorting out
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by Ddonchester: 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
What a pathetic news, so buhari now hate apc? He won't now belong to apc? Whenever they tell him appoint this so and so man he won't? I swear all of apc supporters are insane individuals. Mad people everywhere.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by jlinkd78(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
saintTim:

This will forever be d yard stick I will personally judge PMB. I really love this quote and if he keeps to it even d common man on d road will 4eva wish him well. Only time will tell. Most of us cant wait to see PMB disappoint those that feel they own Nigeria. Only Martin Luther King 'I have a dream speech' comes close to this quote ' belonging to everybody and belonging to nobody'.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by BossTtdiamonds(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
The Source of this news na die..
Re: Buhari Shocks APC by Pavore9: 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2015
How true is this?

(1) (Reply)

Mugabe Blasts Buhari At Au meeting / The States Of Emergency...2 By Segun Adeniyi .. Thisday Backpage / Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.