Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University (21364 Views)

Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by freshkik(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2015
kenex4ever:
wow! Etebu is now a prof! Our HOD when dey dash us money for class in those days. Great woman!
guy, you are very correct, she was my project supervisor, in my finals this year, a very loving, caring & pretty mama, i'm proud & privileged to have known her.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by freshkik(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2015
SSGUniport:
Prof. ETEBU not otebu...

Prof. Etebu, O.M.O. (Mrs.) aka MAMA..

B.Sc, Chem. Engrg. (Pittsburgh), M.Sc Chem. Engrg. (UNIPORT), PGD Mech Engrg. (UNIPORT), M.Sc Ind. Engrg. (Pittsburgh), M.Eng. Mech Engrg. (UNIPORT), MBA Mgt. (UNIPORT), PhD Ind. Engrg.. (FUTO), FNSE, MNIM, R. Eng. (8615)

Senior Lecturer

Industrial Engineering

Email: omo.etebu@uniport.edu.ng

Nah u wrong , its A.K.A. Quality mama cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by Johnpaul09(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2015
meforyou1:
:-Xmy friend shut the hell up. Is marine technology not a subset of mechanical engineering? VC function is largely administrative. Is she going to class to teach anybody any course? What about buhari that didn't complete form five that u voted to rule this country. Or Amaechi with a 3rd class in English studies. Did VCs of all the universities anywhere in the world study all the courses in the universities they are supervising are offering? Just thank God it was not let for buhari to come and appoint a zamfara man with OND in Islamic studies to become the VC of the university.
This is just like appointing a Reverend Father to be the principal of an Islamic school.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by einsteino(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2015
AbuMikey:

20 Tertiary institutions? shocked

Many are state owned and some are private. still little federal presence
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by meforyou1(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2015
Johnpaul09:
This is just like appointing a Reverend Father to be the principal of an Islamic school.
how? Pls expaciate
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by Johnpaul09(m): 3:26pm On May 21, 2015
famtech:

Bros, if you are looking for work pls go and drop ur CV ,you may be considered.If I may ask,how many profs.of marine Engineering or Maritime do we have in this country?Note VC is an administrative office not Technical.Let your maritime expert summit their CVs for jobs jare.there are many things to be done there ok!Stop ur confussion.I am Mechanical and maritime expert and I know she can do it well.
Yes, I am looking forward to becoming a full-time member of administrative council in that school, besides, you're the one being confused here. As the VC of the school, how does she study and analyse the types of infrastructures needed to boost the learning activities of the institution and the calibre of personnels that are suitable for the school as she does not have any knowledge of Transport, Marine and Maritime studies?
This is the major reason why this country is not growing unless the needful is done.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by Johnpaul09(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2015
meforyou1:
how? Pls expaciate
We need qualified personnel in a particular field for a particular office, post, institution or ministry etc for efficient and effective management.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by slyopez(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2015
Johnpaul09:
Yes, I am looking forward to becoming a full-time member of administrative council in that school, besides, you're the one being confused here. As the VC of the school, how does she study and analyse the types of infrastructures needed to boost the learning activities of the institution and the calibre of personnels that are suitable for the school as she does not have any knowledge of Transport, Marine and Maritime studies?
This is the major reason why this country is not growing unless the needful is done.
Stop whining and forward a copy of your CV to her email address as provided then go into fasting and prayer. Thank me later.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by iphunanya(f): 4:26pm On May 21, 2015
Unique Uniport smiley
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by temitam101: 5:05pm On May 21, 2015
Mrs Otebu the riches woman in Uniport, that was my lecturer back then when i was in Federal University of Portharcourt...she is a woman with a good heart...God bless you madam...*Class 2007 Mech Engr*
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by temitam101: 5:07pm On May 21, 2015
freshkik:
guy, you are very correct, she was my project supervisor, in my finals this year, a very loving, caring & pretty mama, i'm proud & privileged to have known her.

what class were you guys? am with class U2007....So you guys are here too...Unique Uniport for life
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by godwin120alex: 5:07pm On May 21, 2015
Gud move for d VC
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by patomalabosan(m): 5:37pm On May 21, 2015
Oga jona, na otueke we dey send u go, no do like ur name sake for bible else, buhari go send crayfish go just swallow u. U say crayfish belle small.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by patomalabosan(m): 5:37pm On May 21, 2015
Oga jona, na otueke we dey send u go, no do like ur name sake for bible else, buhari go send crayfish go just swallow u. U no say crayfish belle small.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by rikki100: 6:02pm On May 21, 2015
ITbomb:
Na only UNIPORT waka come?

FUPRE, Effurun - Prof. Efetor (VC) from UNIPORT

Fed Poly Oil & Gas Bonny - Prof Iyaba (Rector) from UNIPORT

Now this

Maritime University - Otebu (VC) from UNIPORT
Is Prof. Efetor from uniport? Never knew the school he was in but I knew he was a professor of engineering. He is my branch pastor in church of God mission, ekosodin, Benin City sha
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by opiaoku: 6:21pm On May 21, 2015
Beremx:
Noted
wink kiss
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 21, 2015
Jona is in his endtime frenzy of appointments even up to the last week of his tenure. Is it that his world is coming to an end? Is he doing so to ensure that ONLY his appointees are the ones manning federal institutions in Nigeria? Is he doing all these so that Buhari will be surrounded by his loyalists? Why did he have to wait until now before rushing these appointments? I smell a rat. Do you smell it too?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by Jerry2i(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2015
When is the school starting her academic activities?
Any info?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by Holmes07(m): 9:05pm On May 21, 2015
Keneking:
Ok...anyway great for the Prof wink . We can manage this one from Jonathan sha...

As he is leaving office now, what about his Supervisors at the doctorate and master's level respectively. Any compensation for their efforts in making him rise to the top...Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice -President, Acting President and President of 5years plus. What appointments can he give them? I am sure some of them may have retired from public service.

I propose he rewards them for their selfless service especially in preparing him mentally in this meteoric rise.

Jonathan should do more sha...this government sef grin

Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by Kaychee: 12:47pm On May 22, 2015
Congratulobia, MADAM- as she's fondly called- here at uniport!

#MoreGreaseToYourElbowsMA!!
#MoreGreaseToYourElbowsVC!! smiley

meanwhile, it's *ETEBU* not *OTEBU*
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by HARDDON: 9:45pm On May 31, 2015
Johnpaul09:
We need qualified personnel in a particular field for a particular office, post, institution or ministry etc for efficient and effective management.

efficient and effective management purposes?

she's got M.B.A. (Management), University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Is it designing and deploying industrial equipments? she's got

M.Sc. Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

M. Eng. Mechanical Engineering (Thermofluids), University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria

M. Eng Chemical Engineering, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria

from your ignorant ooze it's obvious you have not idea she isn't just about books, she was twice Commissioner, Ministry of Special Projects and ministry of Public Utilities.
and to whip out any iota of vagueness from you weak mind, here is the BIG ONE:

The Construction of Niger Delta University (NDU) at Amassoma, Bayelsa State by Direct Labour – was Initiated, monitored and Completed by Prof!

Any more Questions? Anybody? .....

I suppose not!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University by HARDDON: 10:44pm On May 31, 2015
A TOAST TO MUM PROF!

Here is to a woman of Substance
A rare gem in the world of women
Books on one hand
a spoon on the other
Babies at her back
husby on her neck
At her stride she glide tru it all effortless
With the easy grace of a Leopard

Here is to a woman
whose singular idiosyncrasy is a penchant for knowledge
A woman from whose life
You could write motivational books
And still have a thousand more to spare.
And she just begun

Here is to a woman
with great passion for molding Young minds
with the patience only a mother could afford
She feeds the brains of them Seekers
Nudging, prodding, teaching
leading by by example
Picked alot from the streets
set their feet on good food forever
she just begun

What more can i say of a woman whose life is an inspiration to all that cross her lane
A source of joy to many
if she meets you good, she leave you way better

Shall i tell of her free spirit or of her humble her?
shall i tell about her Resource management mind or her unflinching touch of Excellence?
Time shall fail my to mention all the Storms she weathered
Storms Men Chickened out on
And she Just Begun

Be rest Assured oh ye of little faith
That there aint no better hand to Nurture this new baiby( Maritime University, Delta, than Quality Momma Prof herself!)
No single strand of doubt
She would let her vision and drive towards global recognition and excellence shine tru all arms of the Institute.

Here, Once again, a toast to you

Prof(MRS) Ongoebi Etebu
More fruitfull years ahead

#NOprablems! lol!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States / Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB / Arrested Boko Haram Suspect Is Brother Of A Presidential Body Guard - ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.