Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs (2834 Views)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / The Revolution In Broiller Birds Production.raising Broiler Birds Below 42days. / Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by Hollawaley(m): 2:31pm On May 21, 2015
If you are interested in making money from raising dogs or just keeping them as pets, passion for dogs is one of the keys to success

Dog business in Nigeria is a lucrative investment you can indulge in if you are interested in starting a dog breeding business. You can also start your own business with whatever you have as capital now.
Apart from the money from puppy sales, some dog breeders make money from mating. They get paid when owners of female dogs bring their bitch to mate with their buck. The fee paid for this simple service can run into thousands of Naira depending on the value of the dog breed involved. To understand what I'm saying, have a look at the prices of puppies different breeds of dog below:

HOW MUCH IS A PUPPY? What is the price of Alsatian, Bullmastiff, Rottweiler, Caucasian and Boerbull puppy? The price of buying puppies in Ibadan, Lagos, Abuja, Calabar, Portharcourt and Enugu varies greatly. I have tried to give an average cost of purchasing puppies below: dog business nigeria German Shepherd (GSD) Male Alsatian puppy ==> N20,000

Rottweiler Male puppy ==> N50,000

Boerboel Male puppy ==> N80,000

Caucasian Male puppy ==> N70,000

Dobberman Male puppy ==> N100,000

Neopolitan Mastiff Male puppy ==> N120,000

Bull Mastiff Male puppy ==> N120,000

PitBull Male puppy ==> N180,000

Female puppy ==> N200,000

STEPS TO BECOMING A SUCCESFUL BREEDER::
Step1
The first step in breeding dogs is to make sure that you are dedicated to your animals and that you are ready to commit to being a breeder for the long haul. Responsible breeders need to be professional in their relations with customers and loving toward their animals. You also need to be sure that you will always have a place for your dogs to return to if their owners can't keep them.
Step2
Dog breeders are notoriously bad business people and lack basic customer service skills. If you can provide great customer service and deliver healthy, clean and adorable puppies, you will develop a lasting business that will produce tons of money. Most importantly, you will be able to sell your puppies for a very high price.
Step3
There are a million people out there that will tell you that you can't make money breeding dogs. They will tell you that breeding is bad. They will tell you that the world is overpopulated with dogs. Don't listen to these people! It is likely that they are the unethical breeders who have been unable to produce healthy, adorable puppies. Even though they can be irritating, we like these people. Their bad business practices make us look like shinning stars!
Step4
So, here's how you start. You first need to do your research and properly plan to handle your business. The best place to start is by reading “How to Breed Dogs” by Paul and Suzan Baker. This book is an absolute must! It will tell you step by step how to choose the right breed, how to handle marketing and sales, how to get the best discounts on food and supplies, how to price your dogs, what to do when things go wrong, and so much more. I enjoyed this book so much that I became an affiliate seller of their book because I believe in it that much.
Step5
Picking the right dog breed can determine how successful your business will become. Among the most important things to consider is the popularity of the breed, the number and quality of breeders you will be competing with, the current prices in the market place, your likes and dislikes as well as your available space. The book spends a considerable amout of time discussing breed options and how to find and analyze all of the data that you will need.
Step6
The next thing you will need to do is come up with a marketing and sales plan. Again, the book contains a ton of information on how to market your puppies and provide great customer service. You will also learn sales strategies including how to handle phone calls and what to discuss during each point of contact with customers.

Now you have the basic tools that you need. Know that you can be a responsible breeder and make a ton of money at the same time. I wish you all the best
Re: Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by adedam007(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2015
Following bumper to bumper
Re: Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by paulsir: 8:15pm On May 23, 2015
hi,i have a female rothweiler that always had miscarriages like 3 times now,what solution can you proffer,i stay in ibadan.
Re: Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by popoolagroup(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2015
@op dog breeding is not for everybody it's an entreprise driven by passion. It goes far beyond mating a bitch while on heat.never introduce people to something you're not sure about.
Re: Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by Hollawaley(m): 6:37am On May 24, 2015
paulsir:
hi,i have a female rothweiler that always had miscarriages like 3 times now,what solution can you proffer,i stay in ibadan.
http://m.petmd.com/dog/conditions/reproductive/c_dg_spontaneous_abortion_pregnancy_loss
Re: Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by paulsir: 2:38pm On May 24, 2015
Re: Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by Babacele: 6:13am On May 25, 2015
Thanks OP, it is a great read.
Re: Make Money Raising And Selling Dogs by vinotinto5: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
For High quality, exotic dogs of all kinds, kindly call Dr. Gold Obiejesi, the CEO of Vingold Veterinary Consult & Farms Limited (RC NO.1307444) (Location is Abuja, but delivery can be made nationwide) on 09099568813. Or Head of breeding department (Vincent Obiejesi) on 09098383299.

We offer 1st class breeding and animal health (veterinary) services of global best practices.

We also process the exportation and importation of your animals (pets).

Company's Motto: Great integrity maintenance & more good times to clients.

See you there.

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Farmers And Intending Farmers / 100% Raw & Organic "African Black Soap" Available (export Standard) / The Only Type Of Land You Need For Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.