Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight (29813 Views)

How Do I Eradicate My Phobia For Dogs / I Released 9 Dogs To Be Sold From The Cage / 6 Most Aggressive Dogs To Own In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by PAQ(m): 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
Quality Dog food is now off the roof, heck even the low quality dog food is expensive now.

i was never one to cheat out on dog food but the current economy has made me falter.

What i do now is low quality local rice mixed with cray fish waste, fish head or chicken feet. some times chicken liver and intestines mixed with the rice. This method is cheaper than spending about 40k monthly on quality dry food, but its more stressful. You have to take out time to go to the market and prepare the meals.

i am open to learn of more cost effective meals, @Monopoly, is kuli-kuli and grounded groundnut that effective? i am thinking of also mixing it to the rice and crayfish.

Guys, more ideas on feeding will go a long way in giving our pets a good life despite the harsh economic situations.

1 Like

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by samistry(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
I've tried these local mixtures of groundnut, kulikuli on my pets and it had no effects. I buy local rice for my pets. I buy chicken parts and store in the fridge when i have money. They usually add weight when on meat, then drop when only on rice.
PAQ:
Quality Dog food is now off the roof, heck even the low quality dog food is expensive now.

i was never one to cheat out on dog food but the current economy has made me falter.

What i do now is low quality local rice mixed with cray fish waste, fish head or chicken feet. some times chicken liver and intestines mixed with the rice. This method is cheaper than spending about 40k monthly on quality dry food, but its more stressful. You have to take out time to go to the market and prepare the meals.

i am open to learn of more cost effective meals, @Monopoly, is kuli-kuli and grounded groundnut that effective? i am thinking of also mixing it to the rice and crayfish.

Guys, more ideas on feeding will go a long way in giving our pets a good life despite the harsh economic situations.

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by knyte(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2023
We used to be in the business of selling chicken parts at a cheap price. Soonest we would be revisiting that aspect of our business and let the whole house know. Our chicken would be mini sized chicken with an approximate weight of 450-500g. Stay tuned

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by majortwild(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2023
knyte:
We used to be in the business of selling chicken parts at a cheap price. Soonest we would be revisiting that aspect of our business and let the whole house know. Our chicken would be mini sized chicken with an approximate weight of 450-500g. Stay tuned

Cost wise, what are we looking at
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by knyte(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2023
majortwild:

Cost wise, what are we looking at
Production would commence soonest
I’ll keep you abreast with details
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by majortwild(m): 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
knyte:

Production would commence soonest
I’ll keep you abreast with details

Aiit my number is attached just hit me up

1 Like

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by GRACEGLORY: 10:39pm On Jan 01
Dogs are carnivores that eat and thrive on meat. They evolved into omnivores after being domesticated. Even at that, they thrive much more better on meat.
As much as we try to cut corners due to cost, and expenses, nothing nourishes them much better than meat. It’s the best source of protein they need to thrive.

We do well by feeding them kibbles, but the only alternative that has been very much helpful for me personally is visiting Slaughterhouses frequently to buy byproducts, this I mix with biscuits and noodles to feed them.

But you must be ready to make friends with butchers and grease many palms to gain favors.

1 Like

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by jackspy: 11:40pm On Feb 08
GRACEGLORY:
Dogs are carnivores that eat and thrive on meat. They evolved into omnivores after being domesticated. Even at that, they thrive much more better on meat.
As much as we try to cut corners due to cost, and expenses, nothing nourishes them much better than meat. It’s the best source of protein they need to thrive.

We do well by feeding them kibbles, but the only alternative that has been very much helpful for me personally is visiting Slaughterhouses frequently to buy byproducts, this I mix with biscuits and noodles to feed them.

But you must be ready to make friends with butchers and grease many palms to gain favors.

please when you say byproducts, what do you mean... are there specific names to ask of? do you have pictures? what does it cost ?
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by GRACEGLORY: 11:58pm On Feb 08
jackspy:

please when you say byproducts, what do you mean... are there specific names to ask of? do you have pictures? what does it cost ?

Animal
by-products
are the Inedible such as: hide, fats, bone, ligaments, cartilage, feet, glands, and some parts of the lungs

Don’t ask for names, just tell them for dogs. Simple

what does it cost ?

Depends on your bargaining power
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by jackspy: 7:46pm On Feb 19
GRACEGLORY:

Animal are the Inedible such as: hide, fats, bone, ligaments, cartilage, feet, glands, and some parts of the lungs

Don’t ask for names, just tell them for dogs. Simple

Depends on your bargaining power

thank you 👍🏿

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter / Pictures From Canine Club Of Imo Dog Walk 2022 / Ondo Police Arrest Dog For Biting AAUA Student’s Private Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.