Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected (11463 Views)

Ondo Election: PDP Heads To Tribunal / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by chibecanglobal(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2015
OWERRI— A new dimension has crept into the current struggle to wrest the governorshipl election victory from Governor Rochas Okorocha of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

According to a petition, EPT/IM/GOV/2/2015, filed before the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by the candidate of African People’s Alliance, APA, Mr. Charles Osita Nnadi, claimed, among other allegations, that the total number of votes cast in most polling units in the state outnumbered the total number of registered voters, as well as the total number of eligible voters, who collected their Permanent Voters Cards, PVCs, and the total number of accredited voters.

The petitioners, Mr. Nnadi and his party, APA, claimed, that the total number of votes cast in most polling units, particularly Ideato North, Ideato South, Aboh Mbaise, Oru East, Orsu, Obowo, Mbaitoli, Ikeduru, Okigwe, Nkwerre, Nwangele and Njaba local government areas of Imo State, were greater than the total number of registered voters, who collected their PVCs and the total number of accredited voters in the areas in question.

The petitioner also averred that the election was invalid as a result of corrupt practices and non-compliance with the Electoral Act.

According to the petitioner, the governorship election of April 11, 2015, and the supplementary election of April 25, 2015, were marred and vitiated by substantial non-compliance with statutory requirements, irregularities, corrupt practices, fraud, illegal voting and mutilation of election result sheets that substantially affected them.

He said none of the candidates was entitled to be declared winner of the election, and that the exercise should have been nullified.

Nnadi also claimed that there were cases of ballot box snatching, illegal voting and snatching of election result sheets by thugs/agents of the first and second respondents, Governor Rochas Okorocha and APC, respectively.

The petitioner also accused the governor and his agents of indulging in illegal buying and selling of PVCs, through which they allegedly induced and procured illegal and unlawful votes across the state, contrary to the provisions of the Electoral Act.
Vanguard recalls that at the last count, no fewer than three cases had been filed in the tribunal, challenging the victory of Okorocha.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/apa-drags-okorocha-to-tribunal-claims-votes-cast-outnumbered-pvcs-collected/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Shortyy(f): 8:35am On May 22, 2015
if they want to remove him, let them do so. he's not like he used to be

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2015
Abagworo, ujoatu, contactmorak, beremx...where are you?...Come and comment here...

I just pity the debt burden of Imo state under Rochas for which subsequent governments will suffer...so much for free education that can't even guarantee 'common sense' talk more of scarce job opportunities...

6 Likes

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:04am On May 22, 2015
Op learn how to arrange your post for ease of reading plz...

Cc. Lalasticlala, ishilove, Obinoscopy...abeg permanent site begs for this news...
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by chibecanglobal(m): 9:08am On May 22, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Op learn how to arrange your post for ease of reading plz...

Cc. Lalasticlala, ishilove, Obinoscopy...abeg permanent site begs for this news...
Noted
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by bruno419(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2015
okorocha have started showing imolites the demon in him...rumour has it that he cancelled free education in imo state university after lecturers went on a week strike..rochas has cases to answer o

3 Likes

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Innodon(m): 9:28am On May 22, 2015
season of attack and counter attack

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by alaoeri: 9:28am On May 22, 2015
Exercise in futility by APA. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by elohorayodele: 9:28am On May 22, 2015
Maybe PVC were manufactured by one of the parties

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Ilekeh(f): 9:28am On May 22, 2015
Do other Africans vote in Imo's election? The name makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Nobody: 9:28am On May 22, 2015
waste of. time and money.

3 Likes

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by tundeayo2020: 9:28am On May 22, 2015
Ghen ghen ghen!!!!

vanguardngr:
Nnadi also claimed that there were
cases of ballot box snatching, illegal
voting and snatching of election result
sheets by thugs/agents of the first and
second respondents, Governor Rochas
Okorocha and APC, respectively.

But Ballot box snatching is synonymous to PDPians now
Okay but if the elections were to be conducted a million time, Okorocha would still emerge a victor a million time

5 Likes

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Nobody: 9:30am On May 22, 2015
Sh'oro niyen?
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Nobody: 9:30am On May 22, 2015
Ok
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by ultrazone(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2015
fhhee
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Nikyluv(f): 9:31am On May 22, 2015
Shortyy:
if they want to remove him, let them do so. he's not like he used to be

since he changed religion

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by GJames(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2015
Nikyluv:

since he changed religion
when did he change his religion or a you joking
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by bobcharly(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2015
An Igbo engineer can't find a job so he opens a clinic and puts a sign outside 'GET TREATMENT FOR 20k - IF NOT CURED GET BACK 100k A lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn 100k and goes to the clinic... Lawyer: "I have lost my sense of taste" Igbo man: "Nurse, bring medicine from box no. 22 and put 3 drops in patient's mouth" Lawyer: "Ugh..this is kerosene" Igbo man: "Congrats, your sense of taste is restored. Give me 20k" The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to recover his money... Lawyer: "I have lost my memory. I cannot remember anything" Igbo man: "Nurse, bring medicine from box no. 22 and put 3 drops in his mouth" Lawyer (annoyed): "This is kerosene. You gave this to me last time for restoring my taste" Igbo man: "Congrats. You got your memory back. Give me 20k" The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a week later determined to get back 100k. Lawyer: "My eyesight has become very weak" Igbo man: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that, so take this 100k" Lawyer (staring at the cash): "But this is 20k,not 100k" Igbo man: "Congrats, your eyesight is restored. Give me 20k". I copy am sha...

23 Likes

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by abbeyoye2001(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2015
Wasted effort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by loomer: 9:33am On May 22, 2015
Thank God say no be pdp carry them go tribunal.

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by UnknownT: 9:33am On May 22, 2015
i heard Rochas has cancelled the free education scheme. Is it true ?

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by netmillionaires(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2015
Let them go and ask Mr Ihedioha o and leave Okorocha alone. Imagine PDP winning in just two local government compared to APC 17 local government with just a slim margin separating them. Most of the fake votes will be from that two local government.

3 Likes

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by ZYZZA: 9:35am On May 22, 2015
If it pdp or any other party that won imo now we for no hear word o.

God please even if it power this government fix for us there don try

Watching apc with one eye

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by oluwafemi113(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2015
Rubbish
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Sunnycliff(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2015
MY PEOPLE! MY PEOPLE!!
Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Agwoden(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2015
shachris03:
waste of. time and money.
why won't it be a waste of time? If it was Rivers or Akwa Ibom I guess your comment would've been the same. Hypocrisy is our problem in this country.

2 Likes

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by onosprince(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by opwiwo: 9:38am On May 22, 2015
Okorocha riiged

1 Like

Re: APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected by Bants(m): 9:39am On May 22, 2015
Hmmmm APC are beginning to fall and his not even May 30 yet

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Conducts Public Hearing On Grazing Bill,Plans To Build Cattle Ranches(pics / BREAKING: Kano Assembly Confirms Gawuna As New Deputy Governor / PDP Condemns Detention Of Social Media Critic Shola Over Criticism Of Kwara Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.