Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically (3124 Views)

If You Grew Up In A Christian Home And Never Had This Book... We No Be Mate! / I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2015
When you hear people saying give your life to christ what are they trying to talk about?
to give your life to Christ and to repent from sin are two different things, christians mixed up these things and caused confusion for themselves.
while repentance from sin means to change from your bad ways which will never bring salvation, because even Muslims can repent too, To give your life to christ simply means to join christianity if you were a muslim or any other religion outside christianity.
salvation is Christianity or the Christian religion itself and not any other religion. Jesus is the founder of Christianity just like Muhammad founded islam and Abraham founded Judaism( the old covenant ) which God has rejected.
Therefore, Jesus is the only way to God, that means, Christianity is the only way to God, it is the only approved religion where men ought to worship in spirit and in truth. that means, all other religions that came long before Christianity came to earth including Judaism, were all thieves.
John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He(the high priest of every other religion, example, Abraham. Jesus is the high priest of Christianity ) that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold(through Christianity ), but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
And also
Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
This is simply saying,if any religion(example, muhammed ) that comes after Christianity has been established on earth, that disciples in Christianity should not believe in such religion but remain in their christian faith.
note: Christianity is our faith, without Christianity our faith it is impossible to please God. You must believe in Jesus, not in muhammed or Abraham or anything else.
Therefore, if you were born into a christian home you are saved.
Now that we are saved, our priority as christians is not to be going to church, our priority is to think of something good to better this world through love.
Love everybody alike, be it christians or Muslims or whatever.
our opinion is Christianity is the way because we were born into Christianity. Muslims says Islam is the way, because they were born into Islam, so is all the religions.
But opinion does not matter.
What you say does not matter ,what matter is what you do.
And what you should do is to love everybody alike irrespective of the religion.
currently, my brothers fiance is a Muslim and he love her so much, he intend to marry her but family problem arises.
To me, i will marry the Muslim i don't care, that's what i told him.

5 Likes

Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Orunto: 10:40am On May 23, 2015
No. Till you accept your training and become Born Again.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by StephenJoseph(m): 10:42am On May 23, 2015
Nice one. I luv this. Often atimes, I have been talking and explaining to people that once you are not a christian, you have no salvation. You have missed going to heaven. But some people argue that doing good, staying away from evil, and doing the right way can lead someone to heaven, and not necessarily the religion the person belongs to.

What can you say about this in your own view then?
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 10:44am On May 23, 2015
[/quote]
op, God bless you for this.
we need more people like you for this country to change
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Panshow(m): 10:56am On May 23, 2015
That's autosave, like in MS Word.
Cool

1 Like

Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Iceflox(f): 11:05am On May 23, 2015
@op, now that we know that we are saved we should not be religious people anymore.
religion is the cause of all the trouble in the world. religion is a mess

3 Likes

Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 11:12am On May 23, 2015
Orunto:
No. Till you accept your training and become Born Again.
what training is that?
who is doing the training, your pastor or Jesus?
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 11:17am On May 23, 2015
Iceflox:
@op, now that we know that we are saved we should not be religious people anymore.
religion is the cause of all the trouble in the world. religion is a mess
imagin Jesus calling the Abraham the founder of Judaism a thief, why will the Jews not kill him?
Go to a mosque and call muhammed a thief let's see what will happen.
lol
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Iceflox(f): 11:21am On May 23, 2015
paxonel:

imagin Jesus calling the Abraham the founder of Judaism a thief, why will the Jews not kill him?
lol
ahahaaahaaaa!
lol
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Orunto: 11:51am On May 23, 2015
Are you a Christian and you do not know how to be sinless?
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Image123(m): 12:09pm On May 23, 2015
paxonel:
When you hear people saying give your life to christ what are they trying to talk about?
to give your life to Christ and to repent from sin are two different things, christians mixed up these things and caused confusion for themselves.
while repentance from sin means to change from your bad ways which will never bring salvation, because even Muslims can repent too, To give your life to christ simply means to join christianity if you were a muslim or any other religion outside christianity.
salvation is Christianity or the Christian religion itself and not any other religion. Jesus is the founder of Christianity just like Muhammad founded islam and Abraham founded Judaism( the old covenant ) which God has rejected.
Therefore, Jesus is the only way to God, that means, Christianity is the only way to God, it is the only approved religion where men ought to worship in spirit and in truth. that means, all other religions that came long before Christianity came to earth including Judaism, were all thieves.
John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He(the high priest of every other religion, example, Abraham. Jesus is the high priest of Christianity ) that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold(through Christianity ), but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
And also
Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
This is simply saying,if any religion(example, muhammed ) that comes after Christianity has been established on earth, that disciples in Christianity should not believe in such religion but remain in their christian faith.
note: Christianity is our faith, without Christianity our faith it is impossible to please God. You must believe in Jesus, not in muhammed or Abraham or anything else.
Therefore, if you were born into a christian home you are saved.
Now that we are saved, our priority as christians is not to be going to church, our priority is to think of something good to better this world through love.
Love everybody alike, be it christians or Muslims or whatever.
our opinion is Christianity is the way because we were born into Christianity. Muslims says Islam is the way, because they were born into Islam, so is all the religions.
But opinion does not matter.
What you say does not matter ,what matter is what you do.
And what you should do is to love everybody alike irrespective of the religion.
currently, my brothers fiance is a Muslim and he love her so much, he intend to marry her but family problem arises.
To me, i will marry the Muslim i don't care, that's what i told him.

Saved from what or who?
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 12:22pm On May 23, 2015
Image123:

Saved from what or who?
we are saved from death.
imagine life without death,
It is called everlasting life.
John 3:16, For God so love the world,whosever believe should have everlasting life.
it's a beautiful thing.
Some people say they will soon get tired of life.Because of this, God has designed eternal life in such a way that we live aboundantly (continous life after death ) without we ourselves being conscious of what has been happening
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 12:29pm On May 23, 2015
Orunto:
Are you a Christian and you do not know how to be sinless?
no one knows how to be sinless,
everybody on earth commit sin
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 12:33pm On May 23, 2015
paxonel:

we are saved from death.
John 3:16, For God so love the world,whosever believe should have everlasting life.
it's a beautiful thing.
Some people say they will soon get tired of life.Because of this, God has designed eternal life in such a way that we live aboundantly (continous life after death ) without we ourselves being conscious of what has been happening
How are we saved? i was asking this question the other day, what is resurrection,how are we resurrecting ?
But you did not answer me
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Iceflox(f): 12:45pm On May 23, 2015
paxonel:

lol
it is also offensive hearing Muslims saying blasphemy things against Jesus, sometimes i feel like crushing them
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 1:07pm On May 23, 2015
flexybobo:

How are we saved? i was asking this question the other day, what is resurrection,how are we resurrecting ?
But you did not answer me

really?
sorry i didn't take note of it.
i think this same question was asked in the Bible
1 Corinthians 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
if you read that chapter down to the end you will see how Paul explained it.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2015
Iceflox:

it is also offensive hearing Muslims saying blasphemy things against Jesus, sometimes i feel like crushing them
that is their opinion,
like i said, opinion or what you say does not matter, it is what you do that matter.
For someone to enforce the arrest of Jesus, it means he was not a disciple, he did not believe.
But when Peter cut off his ear, what did Jesus do? He healed the man.
That implies that Christianity did not come to fight any other religion. So, if you are fighting you are on your own.
You are not fighting for Christ
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 23, 2015
Fallacy!! Salvation has nothing to do with Religion but have everything to do with Christ. Giving your life to Christ is believing in Christ as your Saviour and then presenting your life a Living Sacrifice.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 23, 2015
Fallacy!! Salvation has nothing to do with Religion or Christainity but have everything to do with Christ.You don't give your life to a religion you give it to Christ...you don't give your life to Christainity you give it to Christ. Giving your life to Christ is believing in Christ as your Saviour and then presenting your life a Living Sacrifice.

I will come back to explain this to you guys
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 1:30pm On May 23, 2015
paxonel:

that is their opinion,
like i said, opinion or what you say does not matter, it is what you do that matter.
For someone to enforce the arrest of Jesus, it means he was not a disciple, he did not believe.
But when Peter cut off his ear, what did Jesus did? He healed the man.
That implies that Christianity did not come to fight any other religion. So, if you are fighting you are on your own.
You are not fighting for Christ
15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
it seems to be like some kind of a parable,
i still do not understand it
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 2:48pm On May 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Fallacy!! Salvation has nothing to do with Religion or Christainity but have everything to do with Christ.You don't give your life to a religion you give it to Christ...you don't give your life to Christainity you give it to Christ. Giving your life to Christ is believing in Christ as your Saviour and then presenting your life a Living Sacrifice.

I will come back to explain this to you guys
sorry, nor vex, Jesus is the founder of Christianity, therefore Jesus is Christianity.
Christians are the Christianity, Jesus lives in christians and their body is his temple and his dwelling place.
There is no way you can separate Jesus from Christians or Christianity
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2015
flexybobo:

15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
it seems to be like some kind of a parable,
i still do not understand it
when we die, we are buried just life a grain of corn or wheat is buried on the ground when they are sown.
And just like the grain germinates to a tree which has a body different from the grain previously sown, we will come back to life with a different body, such that when people see us, nobody will be able to know that we were the person that was buried .
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 3:04pm On May 23, 2015
paxonel:

when we die, we are buried just life a grain of corn or wheat is buried on the ground when they are sown.
And just like the grain germinates to a tree which has a body different from the grain previously sown, we will come back to life with a different body, such that when people see us, nobody will be able to know that we were the person that was buried .
ok,
that means, we will come through child birth?
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2015
flexybobo:

ok,
that means, we will come through child birth?

exactly,
that's why i say if you were born into a christian home you are saved automatically.
remember, Eve was deceived to sin and death came to the world, But Jesus came, died and resurrected and restore back that eternal life that was lost
1 Tim2:14 says And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Tim 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
so, we are all saved in child birth
Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ(Die as a christian, not as a Muslim or as anybody in other religion ), we believe that we shall also live with him(come back to life and live as christians, not as Muslims )
Because, there is no way we be born into an Islamic home and end up to be Christians.
we must be groomed by christian parents from childhood
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Iceflox(f): 4:28pm On May 23, 2015
But some people are saying we are saved by our good behavior and actions?
Your believe in Christ and some good works is required
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 5:01pm On May 23, 2015
paxonel:

exactly,
that's why i say if you were born into a christian home you are saved automatically.
remember, Eve was deceived to sin and death came to the world, But Jesus came, died and resurrected and restore back that eternal life that was lost
1 Tim2:14 says And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Tim 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
so, we are all saved in child birth
Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ(Die as a christian, not as a Muslim or as anybody in other religion ), we believe that we shall also live with him(come back to life and live as christians, not as Muslims )
Because, there is no way we be born into an Islamic home and end up to be Christians.
we must be groomed by christian parents from childhood
Hmmm!
This now make a whole lot of sense,
you took a lot of time to come up with this?
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Image123(m): 8:57pm On May 23, 2015
paxonel:

we are saved from death.
it's a beautiful thing.

Yes, we are saved from eternal death because of our faith in Jesus. Faith in Jesus is a practical thing, it is not a passive idea of being born into a christian house or family. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. That substance and evidence has to be in God through Jesus Christ. Our faith or trust should be in Jesus, not in being born in a christian family or religion. Of course, genuine faith in Christ produces works of repentance, for faith without works is dead faith. Faith in Jesus is not dead faith. Anyone who has faith in Jesus will show fruits of repentance.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by ojimbo(m): 12:15am On May 24, 2015
paxonel:

we are saved from death.
it's a beautiful thing.
go and ask a 90 years old man or women if he or she is not already tired of this world not to talk of eternity. i dont think you know what eternity is all about
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 7:21am On May 24, 2015
Iceflox:
But some people are saying we are saved by our good behavior and actions?
Your believe in Christ and some good works is required
they do not have any Scripture to support this claim.
the same people will tell you that salvation is a free gift from God at the same time they will say that if a christian die commiting sin he will go to hell fire.
is that not contradictive?
The point remains that, salvation is through grace, nobody work for it
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2015
Image123:

Yes, we are saved from eternal death because of our faith in Jesus. Faith in Jesus is a practical thing, it is not a passive idea of being born into a christian house or family. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. That substance and evidence has to be in God through Jesus Christ. Our faith or trust should be in Jesus, not in being born in a christian family or religion. Of course, genuine faith in Christ produces works of repentance, for faith without works is dead faith. Faith in Jesus is not dead faith. Anyone who has faith in Jesus will show fruits of repentance.
That's true!
genuine faith produce works of repentance, but that is only possible by learning.
The truth is, most people want to repent of their sins, but they do not know how to go about it, they make a lot of mistakes out of ignorance.
That's why we need to be merciful, just like Jesus was merciful to us.
when you replace the word faith with Christianity in that definition what you will see is, Christianity is the substance of things hoped for (substance means tangible proof of God existence ),the evidence of things not seen (because we can't see God ).
so, right now, Christianity is the tangible evidence that God exist.
Infact, Christianity is the kingdom of God on earth (if you understand Jesus parables ).
An athiest asked me, if you say God exist, where is God? I told him if you see Christians you have seen God.
Now, nobody in Christianity or in church do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah,forget their sin. , except he is a Muslim pretending by going to church.
Therefore. everybody who go to church are saved, irrespective of their orientation, background or disposition.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 9:53am On May 24, 2015
ojimbo:
go and ask a 90 years old man or women if he or she is not already tired of this world not to talk of eternity. i dont think you know what eternity is all about
God does not deal with how people feels or their emotions.
His promises are sure.
If he tells you he has given you eternal life, he has given you.
He is the one to detect how you will go about living that eternal life. Infact, when a christian dies he is not conscious of himself again. Whatever happens from there is God
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by ojimbo(m): 10:11am On May 24, 2015
paxonel:

God does not deal with how people feels or their emotions.
His promises are sure.
If he tells you he has given you eternal life, he has given you.
He is the one to detect how you will go about living that eternal life. Infact, when he christian dies he is not conscious of himself again. Whatever happens from there is God
no problem my dear and when other religion dies. he go straight to your own hell fire right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

And Jehovah Lied! / Ruling On Eating From Haraam Earnings / An Evaluation Of Atum's Revelation On Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.