Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed (1989 Views)

Gtbank Launches Nigeria’s First Virtual Mastercard / Hilarious No Smoking Sign At An Nnpc Mega Station (pictured) / FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by netmoney(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2009
NOTE: PLEASE READ PATIENTLY FROM START TO FINISH!

I have created a business plan to float Nigeria's First Online Mega Store, and I am currently using it to seek for assistance from some Nigerian Banks. Now I need the partnership of Nigerians especially Seun and Nairaland members.

I have the premonition that with the trend of things,especially as posited by the News, 40% of Nigerians would be Internet-Connected soon and would need to shop online. Even now, so many Nigerians want to shop and buy from abroad and are unable because of Yahoo! Boys activity.

I will be floating the website by January 2010, but I need partners from all states of the federation to act as representatives of the online store.

The Store would sell everything in demand within the Country, and we would buy directly from Manufacturers, Distributors or Wholesalers as the case may be.

The representatives (20 from each State) would be responsible for receiving, processing and despatching the requested and delivered goods for their State and would operate from our Office within that State.

Not to worry about the money as I am currently processing that with some bankers and would update you when I get the funds.

As for the website development and Programming, I and a friend are seeing to that presently.

Seun, I would need to discuss with you, but that would be when I am ready with the Website. You  would serve on the Board, in order to help us with some issues that are of utmost importance to the start-up.

If you would like to register as a partner, please kindly leave your contact phone number and State of Residence here and you would be contacted by SMS when the Website and the Funds for Starting up are ready for discussions pertaining to Launch and mode of operation.

If you have any comment or suggestion, kindly reply this post with it. Please criticize objectively if the need be.

Thanks for the time.
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by Busybody2(f): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2009
Are you looking to frachise the business? What is the financial outlay going to be like?
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by netmoney(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2009
Yes! So that the investors, would cash out early. It is part of the plan. But that would come after the store has been successfully launched.

Thanks for the input!
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by vanderjo(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2009
That is a lovely idea cuz it will be of help to us and for the business i am about to start which requires much of online purchases and i will gladly be a representative.08068851352,calabar,cross river state,.
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by staglo(f): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
Hi netmoney,

Just out of interest how do you intend to do your product sourcing?

I can help you in some areas if you so wish

I see the concept , but am not happy about the funding options which is using banks?

How does this work and what is the benefits of using funds from the bank when you do not have an established buisness?

What is the business model? ( I understand there will be partners in all states ) but how does this all work?

I do offer business consulting service.

You may wish to contact me at oghe@mysmartbizstore.com.

I may work with you on a different level.

Thanks
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by Thadude(m): 12:19am On Feb 21, 2009
Good concept!

You are as rich as your ideas.
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by netmoney(m): 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2009
staglo:

Hi netmoney,

Just out of interest how do you intend to do your product sourcing?

I can help you in some areas if you so wish

I see the concept , but am not happy about the funding options which is using banks?

How does this work and what is the benefits of using funds from the bank when you do not have an established buisness?

What is the business model? ( I understand there will be partners in all states ) but how does this all work?,

You may wish to contact me at oghe@mysmartbizstore.com.

I may work with you on a different level.

Thanks

I chose to go through the banks because they would serve as the payment medium as well as the funding option. Secondly, customers would trust doing business with us as such, owing to the integrity of the banks.

As for product sourcing, I chose Lagos, Kano, Onitsha and Port Harcourt to serve as Zonal as well as Product sources within Nigeria, and maybe I would have to deal with Foreign Companies for orders from outside the country, if the need arises.

I would franchise the business in its first year to allow for fast expansion and easier access nationwide.

Thanks for the input anyway.
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by shawonlese: 9:27am On May 15, 2009
@ poster,

I like your enthusiasm but most Nigerian banks are unlike HSBC and Barclays that fund you from idea to reality and success.
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by 25thdynast(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2009
I can help not sure if i want to partner though but we will see. I am an African born in America or as the world know African American. Even though i see my self as an African only but that is beside the point. Anyways i am in the process of getting my business of the ground in a big way. I want to establish International Trade among all people of African Descent and i design websites and have computer troubleshooting skills. I live in Atlanta,Ga USA and we have a huge Black population here of at least 4 million people of African Descent. Most Slaves were bought in to the American South and the Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Brazil, Hati to mention a few. I can list you on my website for a donation of say $5 Us dollars or whatever you want to give or maybe we can barter. Anyways Africans Born in America need access to African markets and African need access to our market. Here is my website www.d-caravan.com
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by Djdavie(m): 12:40am On Jun 05, 2009
Its a very wonderful idea,i would like 2 be a representative 4 kwara state.Get me on dave084ril@yahoo.com or 08028087764.Adedeji david
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by 1centpot: 10:17am On Jun 05, 2009
Its a very wonderful idea,i would like 2 be a representative 4 portharcourt and also i want to know what takes to be your partner pls you can contact me at askmyword_wonderbiz@yahoo.com or 08061214775
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by KollyJay(m): 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ poster,

This is a very great idea and Nigeria needs pple like you to move forward. This might be very challenging but trust me, it will be a very huge success at the long run if everything is well planned out. I work full time online and i know how it goes.

The security aspect of the website is my concern about this, since pple will have to be paying using their ATM cards, this will automatically have to do with interswitch together with the banks. If everything is perfected and pple's information is secured through this process, then it will be a success.

I can offer advice if the need be, and if it happened to be as we hope, then i can create a rep office for you here in Ibadan, Oyo State.

Plan it well, and u might be our naija ebay. I as a person love shopping online and i do believe so many other pple as well. Too busy to be pushing some trolley up and down in some palm mall, lol, smiley

Regards.

Kola Jayeoba [jayeoba01@yahoo.com]
Oluyole Estate.
IB.
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by JJYOU: 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2009
shawonlese:

@ poster,

I like your enthusiasm but most Nigerian banks are unlike HSBC and Barclays that fund you from idea to reality and success.

would it be fair to say also the main reason nigerian banks wont support these ventures od that we are not too good at repaying loans and majority of first business starters fail
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by SeyQua: 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2009
Wonderful idea! I'm in, rep for Benin. kessientus@yahoo.com. 08065742507
Re: Nigeria's First Online Mega Store: Partners Needed by webmastern(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nice. Its been 3 years now. Whats the update?

(1) (Reply)

Seeking 30ton Trucks For Chippings / The 10 Wealthiest People Who Ever Lived - Inflation Adjusted / Syntek Global Xtreme Fuel Treatment (XFT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.