Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL (705 Views)

I've Joined Team Of Defense Lawyers In The Case Of Nnamdi Kanu - Emeka Ugwuonye / Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by toys2seven(m): 11:27am On May 23, 2015
Only the fast thinkers would understand why I put this post under Politics section. Lol!... but seriously, Mods pls help me out here. Dunno which section this write-up actually falls. Thanks.

Quickly here are 10 Awkward things I've noticed here on NL.

1. THE SITE WOULD NEVER CHANGE.
For all those shouting and complaining that NL looks like a site U/C, the thing is I personally don't see this site changing it's appearance or format. Just to say the simple look isn't all that bad and that's part of the reason it's one of the fastest loading sites.

2. MOST POSTS COMES IN TENS.
Ten reasons why maturemindstalk.com is finer than nairaland.com, Ten advantages of having a bf, Ten politicians that can later become pastors. Even this post, Ten. Ten this, Ten that. Ten is in trouble.

3. FRONTPAGE MYSTERY
Before, I used to think posts with a lot of comments are the ones on front page (I know I'm not the only one on this) later I found out there are some oracles to call upon to make a post with ten comments appear on front page.

4. FP & FTC MADNESS
I've seen a few silly peeps here who think being the first to comment on a post that makes frontage or making front page themselves is a divine sign of good things to come. Some dedicating front page like a new born baby, some claiming plot of virtual land as first to comment. I mean, Seriously?

5. OP ATTACKERS
75% of first 10 commenters don't even read the post. They just dive in like some stoned swimmer. As if that's not enough, some will just burst in to attack the OP. Regardless of the nature of the post. They'll attack anything attackable. Either it's your ethnicity, your grammer, your gender. Yes they do get banned and that brings me to the next point.

6. DOUBLE NL ACCOUNTS
NL is the biggest forum in Nigeria but around 40% of users here have double accounts. Once some ppl gets banned, they fly to register again. I've seen over twenty double accounts here.

7. NEST OF BLOGGERS.
NL is home to most celebrity bloggers. Once a post is dropped, a thousand scavenging copy and paste begins to follow. No verification, no editing. How lazy can you get? Even some top celebrity bloggers have fake accounts here. I didn't mention names o.

8. DIFFERENCE IN POST SUBJECTS ON FP
What I mean here is sometimes, I see a topic with a subject on FrontPage and when I click it, the subject on the post itself is different. Don't know if it's the poster who changed it or there's a mod who messes with people's post subject. (If it's the latter, I know the mod).

9. SUPER MODS
Ha! Yes!... Mods on NL are more powerful than the owner himself. You'll be on a long thing to cc Mr. Seun Osewa to make fp. Just call upon Lalasticlala , Ishilove , etc Your prayer might be answered.

10. LONG POSTS
I must say NL houses the laziest readers. Long posts are all some people need to have a bad day, menstrual cramps, nausea, or migraine. Frustrated people already. Pls if you're like me, fond of posting long articles, on behalf of some zero joys here, desist from such an intimidating act.

"Drop some of your own observations. I'll be right back. Let someone cc Lalasticlala for me."

*drops pen, flips up collar and bounces out of thread*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by aare07(m): 11:27am On May 23, 2015
These are constructive criticisms which are directed to all stakeholders on this Nigeria social and political media.

Bukola Saraki for Senate President
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by agarawu23(m): 11:29am On May 23, 2015
your No 10 is damn right

I wouldn't have read your post if not for the headline that drew my attention. (you can't just copy crap here and expect ppl to read) grin

but notwithstanding, are you taking NL issue personal ? all these stuff na fun to me o cheesy
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by ArchEnemy(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2015
smiley nice write up anyway
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by Nobody: 11:38am On May 23, 2015
j
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by noskeybaba: 11:38am On May 23, 2015
One thing. People just comment for commenting sake. No contribution to the topic. Just comment unrelated annoying things like "How that one take concern me"

Must you comment since it doesn't concern you. You will see a topic where one posted a problem seeking for advice, the first 3 pages will be filled with no useful advice. If you have nothing useful to the post, why not move along?
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by Nobody: 11:39am On May 23, 2015
This land is for sale.
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by tosynbolade(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2015
Funny,i dey come
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by Nobody: 11:44am On May 23, 2015
Am soooo tempted to start option 5. So Uu are the sperm that won. So much pity for u bruv!
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by BushidoBlue(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2015
11) Thread Derailers: These miscreants derive pleasure from going off topic mainly to be bigoted or to just be a nuisance. All the while avoiding the main topic of the thread.
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by ishiamu(m): 12:40pm On May 23, 2015
aare07:
These are constructive criticisms which are directed to all stakeholders on this Nigeria social and political media.

Bukola Saraki for Senate President

Carry this your yeye campaign pack one side like you will be paid if he wins?? Mtchew
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by egift(m): 12:52pm On May 23, 2015
BushidoBlue:
11) Thread Derailers: These miscreants derive pleasure from going off topic mainly to be bigoted or to just be a nuisance. All the while avoiding the main topic of the thread.

You will even see those that will keep fighting on off topic issues that have nothing to do with what is discussed.
Re: 10 Awkward Things I've Noticed On NL by danot1030: 1:24pm On May 23, 2015
Hmmmn, lovely and correct observations. But I must quickly point out that you committed nos 2&5 and so sure you did no 6.

(1) (Reply)

Incase We Don't Know How Low Nigeria Has Sunk!!! / What Plans Are You Putting In Place To Witness Tomorrow's Inaguration? / Hilarious Photo Of The Day...Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.