Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? (2098 Views)

Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa / Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus / Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump In Iowa Primary,Hillary In Close Race With Sanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by lionel4power(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2015
Since the cold war is heating up again and the old rivals USA and Russia is at each others throat, with both countries having super weapons like the Kirov class battlecruiser (RUSSIA) and the Iowa class battleship (USA). If both countries decide to use this naval vessels who would likely come out victorious? BTW i vote kirov class it has plenty missiles
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by Quelme: 5:54pm On May 23, 2015
Kirov all the way!
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by lionel4power(m): 10:00pm On May 23, 2015
Quelme:
Kirov all the way!
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by Cofactor: 10:14pm On May 23, 2015
lionel4power:
Since the cold war is heating up again and the old rivals USA and Russia is at each others throat, with both countries having super weapons like the Kirov class battlecruiser (RUSSIA) and the Iowa class battleship (USA). If both countries decide to use this naval vessels who would likely come out victorious? BTW i vote kirov class it has plenty missiles
When we talk about Missile Defense Systems also, without debate, the Russians have the edge... Next!

1 Like

Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by lionel4power(m): 10:40pm On May 23, 2015
Cofactor:

When we talk about Missile Defense Systems also, without debate, the Russians have the edge... Next!
but the iowa has big guns bro.
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by Cofactor: 11:21pm On May 23, 2015
lionel4power:
but the iowa has big guns bro.
Nothing the S400 can't handle bro...

1 Like

Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by lionel4power(m): 11:35pm On May 23, 2015
Cofactor:

i meant big guns as in NINE 400mm and TWENTY 127mm guns. The guns most ships carry this days is mostly 76mm rapid fire. And the iowa has an armoured hull. In close range the iowa has big advantages bro.
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by Appleyard(m): 4:15pm On May 24, 2015
Is gonna be tight!
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 25, 2015
Cofactor:

S400 is a SAM how does that help deal with big guns

1 Like

Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by Centrifude(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2015
I remember watching 'Global Fire Power' and the kirov Class was rated 3rd while the Iowa Class was rated no:1 which I completely support.

When it comes to fire power the Iowa Class beats the Kirov Class, don't forget that the Iowa Class Battleships were modified and recommissioned after Russia brought out the Kirov.

The Iowa Class are like an old a** battle harden man who's body has been modified and equipped to fight modern wars.

The Kirov Class is Amazing but the Iowa Class has it beaten.

If the Kirov gets withing range of those Iowa Cannons we all know it won't survive a hit from that thing, and if its too far away the Americans Send the TomaHawk Missile which is basically an Evil long Range Missile that can destroy just about anything you ask it to.
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by lionel4power(m): 4:11pm On May 26, 2015
Centrifude:
I remember watching 'Global Fire Power' and the kirov Class was rated 3rd while the Iowa Class was rated no:1 which I completely support.

When it comes to fire power the Iowa Class beats the Kirov Class, don't forget that the Iowa Class Battleships were modified and recommissioned after Russia brought out the Kirov.

The Iowa Class are like an old a** battle harden man who's body has been modified and equipped to fight modern wars.

The Kirov Class is Amazing but the Iowa Class has it beaten.

If the Kirov gets withing range of those Iowa Cannons we all know it won't survive a hit from that thing, and if its too far away the Americans Send the TomaHawk Missile which is basically an Evil long Range Missile that can destroy just about anything you ask it to.
i get your point bro but you seems to think that all iowa is armoured, the superstructure is relatively lighter and thats where the kirov's p700 will strike. Damaging all the fancy equipments on the mast and bridge. Though i agree the iowa and kirov are different class of ships. Iowa (battleship) while kirov (battlecruiser)
Re: Kirov Class Battlecruiser Vs Iowa Class Battleship Who Will Win? by Centrifude(m): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
lionel4power:
i get your point bro but you seems to think that all iowa is armoured, the superstructure is relatively lighter and thats where the kirov's p700 will strike. Damaging all the fancy equipments on the mast and bridge. Though i agree the iowa and kirov are different class of ships. Iowa (battleship) while kirov (battlecruiser)

Nah bruh I think you've got it all mixed up Iowa Class battle Ship is Armoured way better then the Kirov's and if it comes down to a head to head battle the Kirov would lose because of its weak Armour and it would be no match for a direct hit from an Iowa's cannon.

The kirovs are only Armed with Missiles and the Iowa is armed with both Cannons and long range missiles. Iowa ships have superior Armour.

The kirov's are designed to conduct long range strikes using Missile but with the heavy Armour a battle ship has I'm sure they'd be able to take multiple hits from the Kirovs then. They retaliate with extremely heavy Gunfire.

(1) (Reply)

Israel`s Attack On Sudan Proves Israel Will Never Attack Iran / Russian airforce pilot Captured In Ukraine After SU-34 Jet Shot Down / Top 10 Reasons Donald Trump Defeated Hilary Clinton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.