Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* (24835 Views)

Union Bank Introduces SMS Banking / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by DONSIA(m): 7:48pm On May 23, 2015
First of its kind, banking without internet… no more long hours of queue waiting to send money to your favorite relatives or friends in the bank ; even God knows that I hate Queuing unnecessarily in the bank.
GTB just introduced first of its kind SMS transfer called *737* Transfer

*737* Transfer is a mobile channel which enables GTBank customers conveniently perform third party
transfers to both GTBank and other bank account holders in Nigeria, via the mobile phones, by simply dialing the USSD short code *737 with details of the
amount and account number (NUBAN) of the beneficiary.
To Transfer to GTBank Account
==>Simply dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account No# e.g.*737*1*1000*1234567890# from the mobile number registered with the Bank. (This is accessible using all types of mobile devices).
==>Then use the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard to authenticate each transaction.
To Transfer to Other Banks
==>Simply dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account No# e.g.*737*2*1000*1234567890# fromyour
mobile phone. (This is accessible using all types of mobile devices).
==>Then use the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard to authenticate each transaction.
I’m sure you know what this means if you are a banker, it means some of you may loose your Jobs because machines has just replaced manual counting
(humans).

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by Fraih(f): 8:07pm On May 23, 2015
If it's for real, it so cool smiley
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 23, 2015
I love GTbank
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by osile2012: 10:36pm On May 23, 2015
To rate GTBank and other top brands in Nigeria, click the link on my signature, click rate brands, find them and rate them. .

Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by arbitrage: 10:52pm On May 23, 2015
Sorry it's not first of its kind. There are others including First Bank, Pocketmoni, QuickTeller, etc.
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by arbitrage: 3:02am On May 24, 2015
See...

Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by undergoals: 7:14am On May 24, 2015
This gtbank ish is cool but not safe.. anyone can handle my phone when am not with it and transfer money because there isn't any security attached to it , like pressing your pin or something.. they shld look into this asap..
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:18am On May 24, 2015
undergoals:
This gtbank ish is cool but not safe.. anyone can handle my phone when am not with it and transfer money because there isn't any security attached to it , like pressing your pin or something.. they shld look into this asap..
There is. After sending the short code, you are required to provide the last 4 digits on your Mastercard.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by skeendyke: 8:32am On May 24, 2015
Kingzy4pep:
There is. After sending the short code, you are required to provide the last 4 digits on your Mastercard.
You and I know that knowing the last 4 digits of anyone's Mastercard is as easy as a pie. Where is the security feature in this new development? This is not good as regards the lack of security in this transaction. The GTBank mobile app is even more secure than this. We are talking about transferring money, hard earned money using an easy process that lacks any security feature.
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by undergoals: 3:11pm On May 24, 2015
Kingzy4pep:

Very very easy to get the last 4 digits.. they shld just find a way to do get it secured, I think they should start by scraping that last 4digits as security and start with the card pin, later on they can look for better ways to improve the stuff.. cuz with the present security it's not safe at all.
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by mitnick(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
this stuff works for only 5 banks First bank, Diamond, Access, Zenith and UBA.
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by lafex: 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
K
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by millhouse: 1:36am On Jun 09, 2015
E dey with first bank since na
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by walexy1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Though the security detail is not much, there are actually two 'level' of security involved, note that the level was in quote. The first security measures is, you can only do this transfer from your registered phone number. This means only the phone no you registered with the bank is authorized for this transaction, any other number would be declined.
Secondly, it ensures you use your atm last 4 digits to complete the transaction, hence a two leveled process.

This is just my point though

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by edisoncash: 6:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Anyone tried GT BANK owns and it works, please let the people here known
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by edisoncash: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
I tried GT BANK owns few hours ago, nothing happened it seems is not working.
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by Benjom(m): 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
Perfectly working. They however removed N105 and N5.25 as commission from my money perhaps for transfering to another bank. You can now also transfer maximum of N50,000 as against the N20,000 they started with. But what I don't understand was why they had to remove the commission twice with two unrelated amounts.
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by modath(f): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
Benjom:
Perfectly working. They however removed N105 and N5.25 as commission from my money perhaps for transfering to another bank. You can now also transfer maximum of N50,000 as against the N20,000 they started with. But what I don't understand was why they had to remove the commission twice with two unrelated amounts.
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

5.25 is 5% of 105, it is called VAT.cool Nothing to ponder.
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by CharleyCharley: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2016
mitnick:
this stuff works for only 5 banks First bank, Diamond, Access, Zenith and UBA.

all banks are now included. Daily limit has been increased from ₦50,000 to ₦200,000 smiley
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by mitnick(m): 8:13am On Jan 27, 2016
CharleyCharley:

all banks are now included. Daily limit has been increased from ₦50,000 to ₦200,000 smiley
Yes
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by holuphisayor(m): 8:19am On Jan 27, 2016
not safe.... Money can be transferred easily without ur conscent unlike internet banking and mobile banking with token code.

Anyone just nid ur last digit and type *737# on ur phone if its ur registered number. It proceeds...not gud at all
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by austinepetro: 3:43am On May 11, 2016
apply for the on going Gtbank 2016 may recruitment is new apply now showcase9ja.com/2016/05/11/gtbanks-2016-may-recruitment-click-to-apply/
Re: Gtbank Introduces SMS Mobile Transfer *737* by ultrazone(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
sdertggg

(1) (Reply)

How Adeduntan Resigned As First Bank CEO On Cbn’s Order / Money Doubling Spells / Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.