Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,745 members, 7,844,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally (1495 Views)

Breaking News : Israel Bombs Syria!!! / This Is Israel! (warning:pictures Are Horrific!) / Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2009
The link does not explain why your brother in Kano, Gaza, Mumbai, Bali, WTC, Iraq are so willing to kill non Moslems in the name of religion
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by auwal87(m): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2009
Since you cannot find the answer yourself let me paste for you here.

Religious texts, if not read within their proper textual and historical contexts, are easily manipulated and distorted. Let us look at the Bible and apply the standards applied above.

In Deuteronomy, the fifth book of the Torah, Moses shares this message from God as the Israelites prepare to enter the Promised Land: "I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the long-haired heads of the enemy." (Deut. 32:42)

"When the Lord, your God, brings you into the land that you are entering to possess, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you. And when the Lord, your God, delivers them before you and you defeat them, destroy them utterly. Make no covenant with them and show no mercy to them" (Deuteronomy 7:1-2).

"When your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, entices you secretly, saying 'Let us go and serve other gods,' . . . you shall kill him, your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God. . . " (Deuteronomy 13: 6-10)

"When you approach a city to fight it, offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, all the people found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, besiege it. When the Lord your God gives it into your hand, kill all the men in it. Take as booty only the women, children, animals, and all that is in the city, all its spoils. Use the spoils of your enemies which the Lord your God has given you. . . Only in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance. Do not leave alive anything that breathes" (Deuteronomy 20:10-17).

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But spare for yourselves all virgin maidens" (Numbers 31:17-18).

"I will send my terror in front of you. . . you shall utterly demolish them and break their pillars in pieces" (Exodus 23: 23-24, 27).
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by auwal87(m): 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2009
The New Testament attributes the following statements to Jesus:

"Do not think that I have come to send peace on Earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Mathew 10:34-35).

"I say to you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. As for my enemies who do not want me to reign over them, bring them here and kill them in my presence" (Luke 19:26-27).
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by auwal87(m): 5:45pm On Mar 14, 2009
There are dozens of other verses that, if taken out from their historical context, seem to favor violence. Some violent Muslim groups misuse the Qur'anic verses just as various violent Jewish and Christian groups have used them to justify their causes. The Crusaders used them against Muslims and Jews. The Nazis used them against Jews. Serbian Christians used them against Bosnian Muslims, and Zionists regularly use them against Palestinians. David Koresh, Jim Jones, and Baruch Goldstein all relied on religious texts to justify their violence.

Muslims believe in all Prophets sent by Allah, and so do not misuse or misinterpret the religious texts of other faiths in order to defame them. Even in recent times, Muslims have and are facing genocidal campaigns in Bosnia, Kosova, Chechnia, Kashmir, and Palestine, but they have not questioned Judaism and Christianity. Such a spirit needs to be reciprocated.
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by auwal87(m): 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2009
So the answer to your question "Why some Muslims are so willing to kill in the name of Islam"? is simple.

Simply because they are not "Rightly Guided" or "Rightly Educated".

Refer to my last post before this one.
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by auwal87(m): 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2009
The invasion of Iraq was a bandit act, an act of blatant state terrorism, demonstrating absolute contempt for the concept of international law. The invasion was an arbitrary military action inspired by a series of lies upon lies and gross manipulation of the media and therefore of the public; an act intended to consolidate American military and economic control of the Middle East masquerading -- as a last resort -- all other justifications having failed to justify themselves -- as liberation. A formidable assertion of military force responsible for the death and mutilation of thousands and thousands of innocent people.
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by auwal87(m): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2009
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and War is the terrorism of the rich.
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2009
auwal, what has this to do with Livni and the elections? undecided
Re: Livni Wins Israel Final Vote Tally by auwal87(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2009
davidylan:

auwal, what has this to do with Livni and the elections? undecided

I was answering the question asked by dayokanu.

By the way, you were the person that made the topic into religious one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A White Racist's Analysis Of Africa / Alshaabab Down Kenya Air Force Plane / Did You Know BLM Supports Abortion, Homosexuality, Anti-Family Agenda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.