Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? (46479 Views)

PHOTOS "No Fuel" Trending On Twitter / No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) / No Fuel No Light! Angry Protesters Marched The Street Of Gwarinpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by arewafederation: 2:35pm On May 24, 2015
nwadiuko1:
bros say what you may, but the truth remains that there is no scarcity in the east.....I was in Aba yesterday I filled my tank @ d rate of 125/L without spending 5 minutes in the station.....with information from some of my relatives its the same in all the SE states

The same applies in the north. Fuel is also available in Kaduna and Kano at the same cost. I am just amazed how ibos are trying to attribute to their "self determination".
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by nwadiuko1(m): 2:36pm On May 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
There is fuel scarcity in Aba.
I bought 180 yesterday...somewhere on Okigwe road.

No worry, by Monday banks go dey close by 1pm. grin
Thus said kaybee...
which Aba? I filled my tank in. Ogbor hill yesterday @125/L without even wasting time

4 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Namzy(m): 2:38pm On May 24, 2015
Fuel @N170 now un nnewi Anambra
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Mbediogu(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Does anybody know why there is increased fuel price but no long queues at the filling stations here?

Because God loves Nigeria. Total national fuel scarcity at this time will spell doom for Nigeria. Let us be grateful to Him.
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Forwetinnah: 2:40pm On May 24, 2015
noblezone:
Reason is very simple.
We dont depend on government to survive.
We are more concernd about the availability of fuel than the cost of it.
Marketers being fuel to the East because they are assured of their money.

We drive inn, buy and drive out.

Did you see any "Silly Subsidy Protests" in the East?
No, we have more important things to do.

Subsidy removal would have been the best for Nigeria, but the cabal who benefit from it, deceived the gullible .

With the help of those NLC CROOKS

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by kakakent: 2:41pm On May 24, 2015
No be lie oh here in ai its 120 per litre the que aint much though all filling stations re working

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by nwadiuko1(m): 2:42pm On May 24, 2015
arewafederation:

The same applies in the north. Fuel is also available in Kaduna and Kano at the same cost. I am just amazed how ibos are trying to attribute to their "self determination".
so why is the product scarce in lagos and abuja? And why is it not scarce in the east I guess that's what the op wants to knw
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by godoluwa(m): 2:43pm On May 24, 2015
Normality:
Umu Nna m, Udo ga-adiri anyi niile.
Ka ChukwuAbiama meziere anyi okwu.
Iseeee!
Iseeee, ase, amen!
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Standing5(m): 2:45pm On May 24, 2015
noblezone:
Reason is very simple.

Subsidy removal would have been the best for Nigeria, but the cabal who benefit from it, deceived the gullible.
Few people to buy them
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by nwadiuko1(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2015
MikeTM:
Population different
bros you need to leave the SW and travel....just a little

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Surplus90(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
I am serving(NYSC) in anambra state, ayamelum local govt to be precise. The local govt is 15 times developed than BENUE (my state). The number of cars that ply the road(only in one local govt) here is more than all the cars in benue. Sentiment aside.the thing that suprises me about the area(ayamelum) is the oil discovered in OMASIAGU(close to kogi state), the refinary built there by anambra's govt is bigger in size compared with that of dangote cement company in makurdi~gboko express way(benue). Massive construction going on every day in this area couple with good roads, fine houses,heavy construction with bomb sound every second(bomb is used in construction) but electricity remine a big challenge. I salute the people of anambra state. After my service, I will stay in anambra state, precisely nnewi.
anambra's capital (awka) may not be as beautiful as others (OWERRI,Enugu, asaba,etc) but anambra has d most decentralised infrastructural development in Nigeria (thanks to peter obi's master plan)...it is almost impossible to see a remote village in anambra...this is exactly what u are witnessing...

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 24, 2015
We Igbos don't depend on government handout to leave.

I am sorry for my yollooba brothers, one pelee to them.

In ogun state for instance 60 to 70% of the filing stations are closed down due to the scarcity.

Another pelee to them.

When Igbos are puting up strategies, my yolloba folks were dancing owambe with ofemmaanu

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by idithlove(f): 2:50pm On May 24, 2015
Bless you
noblezone:
Reason is very simple.

Subsidy removal would have been the best for Nigeria, but the cabal who benefit from it, deceived the gullible.
bless you
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by mavinc4u(f): 2:50pm On May 24, 2015
Na wah. This is real business; imagine how much one would make importing the petrol from south east to south west to supply. Is just that fuel does not have siblings, if not man go take style this few days take hammer be that.
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by MegaMan1987: 2:51pm On May 24, 2015
Hopefully more Igbos will go back to the South East. They're flooding our land. It's too much
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by betty202020(m): 2:55pm On May 24, 2015
Soooooo sorry. When they asked u to travel small out of ofe-mmanu states, u refused. No wonder if they asked u to list states in nigeria, u will only mention 6 ofe mmanu states. So if they asked u to count vehicle, u begin to count that 1962 model pickup. Travel to east and see the realities of life. Hope ur brown roof house is still licking? Ewu
omoeso:

Small small, una don dey talk true.
Moreover, how many cars they the whole of south east. Sure the numbers of cars for Alimosho alone pass all the one for south east combined. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by holysaint1(m): 2:55pm On May 24, 2015
cantell:

Subsidy protest is a good example.
What matters to Igbos is availability, not mainly the price.
Most of them are business men. If the petrol price increases, they increase the price of their goods.
The westerners depend too much on govt, that's why they're mostly affected when a govt doesn't favour them.

^^^from an economist point of view
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Macelliot(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2015
samabiodun:
because your population is very small and you people no dey travel u know say most of your city are farm like in south west. So few people of make use of fuel. i.e using generator set is not comon in south east, few people has motor or motor cycle. So u cant compare city life with the vilage life. thank
You see... Another Ignoramus!
Where is Village?
Yoruba land is so dirty and too brownish......
Pls, try to travel out for once in your life...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 24, 2015
noblezone:
Reason is very simple.

Wow you are the best. How I wish all Nigerians will have the same mindset.
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Macelliot(m): 2:57pm On May 24, 2015
samabiodun:
because your population is very small and you people no dey travel u know say most of your city are farm like in south west. So few people of make use of fuel. i.e using generator set is not comon in south east, few people has motor or motor cycle. So u cant compare city life with the vilage life. thank
There are more vehicles in East than in south west...

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by nwadiuko1(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2015
samabiodun:
chai
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by nwadiuko1(m): 3:01pm On May 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Spot on!
Thanks for steering my thought(s) in this direction.

The situation should be checked ASAP. That I can afford it at N180 doesn't make it any better.
So many people couldn't afford it when it was N97 let alone not it's N180.

I would suggest, companies and labour should put activities on hold. That way they would do something faster.

Yes I do.
Proudly Aba wink
hey I just love the way you said that........munwa wukwa nwa Aba
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 24, 2015
arewafederation:

it takes people that have self worth to beat their chest.

Self worth is what my awusa and yolloba folks lack.
You can take that to the bank.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Macelliot(m): 3:04pm On May 24, 2015
MegaMan1987:
Hopefully more Igbos will go back to the South East. They're flooding our land. It's too much
Ranting as if Yorubas no full for East...
Even though, Oyo state Landmass is almost as big as the whole south-east, but south-East is million of times more populated than Oyo....
State population...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 24, 2015
Another thread to stroke the ego of our rice dickz brothers from the east! They are the most insecure lot ever who feel the constant need to be aggrandized! fvck, i loathe this people with so much passion now!!!!! GTFOH .....gaddamn rice dickz , flat headed , yam legged ugly azz mofos!!!! quote me pls and be ignored....i don't give a fvck!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 24, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Does anybody know why there is increased fuel price but no long queues at the filling stations here?

You have answered your question.

In some parts of the FCT...you can get fuel in stations with no queues whatsoever.....at prices starting from N130 per litre.

The simple reason is that in the SE....the fuel subsidy ceased to exist ages ago. No one sells fuel at the recommended price...because if they did that, they would be broke rapidly.

I guess that Buhari will get rid of the subsidy...because simply put we cannot pay for it at this time.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 24, 2015
MegaMan1987:

they are floodin your land and turn you to a tenant and slave.

My dear it is high time you forgot Awo's fake education and concentrate on improving your asss self, onye yolloba

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 24, 2015
MegaMan1987:

they are flooding your land and turn you to a tenant and slave.

My dear it is high time you forgot Awo's fake education and concentrate on improving your asss self, onye yolloba

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 24, 2015
MegaMan1987:

they flooded your land and turned you to a tenant and slave.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 24, 2015
noblezone:
Reason is very simple.

Very very excellent post...though I would add a caveat at your last line.

The cabal will benefit more from a fuel subsidy removal. Their profits would jump up well well.

The reason why subsidy is not going is because Nigerians....most of them....do not want it to go. Even though it does not make economic sense.
Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 24, 2015
ayoolanr:
Another thread to stroke the ego of our rice dickz brothers from the east! They are the most insecure lot ever who feel the constant need to be aggrandized! fvck, i loathe this people with so much passion now!!!!! GTFOH .....gaddamn rice dickz , flat headed , yam legged ugly azz mofos!!!! quote me pls and be ignored....i don't give a fvck!!!!!

onye yolloba no dieoo
too much of ofe mmaanu is not good for your cone head

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Fuel Scarcity In The South East? by Mykelpato(m): 3:14pm On May 24, 2015
If there is fuel scarcity in Nigeria, Fuel will be surplus In South East.
_When fuel finishes in Africa, Igbo will import it from overseas and underseas.
_When fuel becomes scare in Earth, Igbos will Import fuel from another PLANET.

IGBOS ARE TOO MUCH, #IBM is the movement

coolIGBO KWENU!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Disintegrate Before Buhari's Very Eyes - Femi Fani-kayode / The Moment Governor El-Rufai Stormed Kajuru With Security After Massacre (video) / Buhari Decorates 3 Injured Soldiers With Purple Heart Medal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.