Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,200 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Shattered Glass - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shattered Glass (64107 Views)

Broken, Not Shattered... A Short Story. / Shattered Dream (episode 1) / Unveiling The Truth(shattered Heart) - By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Waiting fr more smiley More ink to ur pen grin
Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nice writeup mznelly
Re: Shattered Glass by DVMtuppence(m): 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
oghenekome51:
Nice writeup mznelly
helloooo, u sch in fce osiele?
Re: Shattered Glass by Jaytoy(f): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
I'm back. Nice update dear. Want moreeee
Re: Shattered Glass by jtenna: 9:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ghost reader here. Happy new year all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Afz9095(m): 1:24am On Jan 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS,MORE BLESSING
Re: Shattered Glass by DandyPearl(f): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year all. Wish you the best
Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
DVMtuppence:
yea av we met?
Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
DVMtuppence:
yea av we met?
Mznelly pls were hungry and i want to assume u enjoyed ur holiday!
Re: Shattered Glass by DVMtuppence(m): 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
oghenekome51:

yea av we met?
Maybe btw am a student of funaab
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2016
Doye held up the two CD's he had pulled out from Rachel's drawer. He wondered which one contained her teasing, shrugged and inserted the first disc into his laptop.
Her face popped up on the screen and his heart skipped a million beats. It had been really long since he saw her face. She looked so beautiful and serene and...it seemed like she was saying something. He wasn't even listening.

"...I'm sorry I had to tell you like this. I really wanted to tell you upfront, it's just...I was scared of your reaction. So I had to slip this disc into your drawer. Yes, Doye... You heard me right. I was a prostitutê. It's not something I'm proud of, but it is what Is.
If you still love me and want to continue with the wedding, then show up at the church tomorrow. If you don't, then you can stand me up at the altar...

Doye checked the details of the video. It was the day before their wedding...
But, what was Rachel doing with the video? And why didn't she give it to him?
He took the CD and headed to Rachel's, all the while, ruminating on the gravity of his mistake.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by joanne1(f): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2016
sup with the short post? If this is how u intend to bring in d suspense someone talked bout earlier, then it ain't working for me. kindly do well and dish out ur best irrespective of what some peeps might think. plz I'm in love with you lready let's finish this story before the end of January. .... happy new year to you
Re: Shattered Glass by DVMtuppence(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Weldone mznelly
Kip it coming, still following
Re: Shattered Glass by Jaytoy(f): 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
MzNelly. I get pankere for here I go flog u pooping. Nice update dear keep it rolling. First thing tomorrow na ur update I wan c, long one and not something short as this in fact 5updates at a go. Nice night. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Jaytoy(f): 3:37am On Jan 08, 2016
What's happening in this trend?? No update no comment.
Re: Shattered Glass by Norenal(f): 9:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
@MzNelly ayam just speechless biko Shattered Glass is still here o
Re: Shattered Glass by Moshmustapha(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
mznelly please update

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by oscarlloyd(m): 3:44am On Jan 18, 2016
Hummm.... Enjoying this... The suspense setting in.... The story making more sense, kudos mznelly please do well to update... We're hungry... "in ryback's voice- feed me more" grin
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 19, 2016
Rachel slowly eased herself into the sexy, pink lingerie and glanced at her appealing reflection at the mirror on the wall. She stared at her pea sized butt appreciatively... That was Doye's main area of concentration and though it wasn't as massive as Biebi's, it would do. Why was she thinking about Biebi at a time like this?
She walked away from the mirror and picked up her cell. Doye was coming home any minute with a hard-on that needed attention and she was worrying her pretty head about Biebi? She would call him and ask what was taking so long.

Hardly had she dialed his number when she heard the front door open. She dropped her phone and rushed to the bed, propping her butt in a manner she deemed sexy.
Doye flung open the door and stared at the position that welcomed him on his bed. He threw the two CD's to the sheets and heaved angrily.
"Rachel, what is that?" She stared at the CD's confused and stood up. She certainly wasn't expecting this; plus, she'd never seen him this angry.
"I... I don't understand. The CD I asked you to watch-" He picked up the CD and flashed it severally before her.
"Do you know what is in here?! Biebi telling me all about her past a day before our wedding. Why on earth are you with this disc?!" Rachel gulped, nervous. She was a fool. She thought she had gotten rid of the disc, but it was still sitting right there in her drawer.

"Answer me!" He grabbed her by the arm and shook her, violently. "This is is the woman that I loved with all my life... And I left her thinking she lied to me and deceived me. But, now it so happens..."
"Let go!" She pushed him aside. "It so happens what, Doye? Is this just one of your numerous excuses to run back to that slüt like a dog with a tail in between his legs? Yes, Yes! I kept that video hidden! She came to your office, Friday afternoon and left that disc on your table. I had to watch it to know the contents... And when I did, I kept it hidden. I wanted to tell you about who she really was... But, you didn't come to the office on Friday and... You were so busy with your wedding plans. Before I could reach you that Saturday, you'd already remembered. And... It was even better for me. So I made my entry into your life.
But Doye, that does not change anything. She is a próstitute. I love you, I have your ring on my finger. You said you were going to marry me. We're supposed to see your parents today..."
"Leave my house" He said, resolute.
"I'm not going anywhere! After everything, you'll just dump me?! You took my virginity, you rode me like a horse! You had sex with me a thousand times... You can't just use and dump me"
"You're talking like I rapêd you. You enjoyed every minute of what we had."
Rachel got on her knees and held on to his pants.

"I love you Doye... I've never loved any man more."
"I love my Biebi just as much."

"Richard?!"
"What?!" Richard pushed him aside and adjusted his suit. "I already told you I won't tell you where Biebi is" Doye scratched his head, frustrated. He had gone to Biebi's former residence and hadn't found her there. And he'd been begging Richard for an hour to tell him where she was, but he wouldn't budge.
"Common, please..."
"I have a meeting I'm late for" Richard picked up his file and made to leave.
"You said I should go apologize to her, didn't you? I'm ready."
"No, I changed my mind. You're free to do whatever you want. Biebi is about to become Mrs. Reeds and I won't let you or anyone else ruin that."
"Richard... Richard, please... I know I was so wrong, please I..."
"Doye, it would be best if you left my office. We have nothing else to discuss. Biebi is happy and allegedly so are you... So I don't see the problem here."
"The problem is..."
"I really don't care, Doye. Leave"
Doye reluctantly exited his office, distraught. He had lost.
He had lost the woman of his dreams...again. He was a fool to have let her go initially, now there was no hope of getting her back, ever again.
He realized he still loved her, very much. He never stopped loving her. He would give the world to be with her.

"Doye?" He looked up; he would recognize that voice even in his sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
A smile lit up his face. It seemed as though she came just at the right time. His eyes settled on her tummy and something in him warmed. She looked beautiful, pregnant.
"What are you doing here?"
"I should be asking you that. Why are you here? Come to share your wedding invitations?" Doye sighed.
"No... No. I came to ask... Richard some questions." She folded her hands around her tummy.
"Hmmn. I see."
"Do you know where Biebi is?"
"Receiving a wedding ring around her finger... Why?" Doye's eyes almost popped out of his socket.
"What?! From whom?"
"None of your business. You left her life a long time ago, she has the right to move on."
"Vosa, don't talk like this. I love Biebi and I know she loves me too. Please, tell me where she is?"
"Never. Let her be happy, Doye. You've done enough damage, don't you think?"
"I want to make her happy. I love her..."
"How are you realizing this over a year?"
"I made a mistake, I'm sorry... But please, let me correct it."

Tim fidgeted with the fork and finally put it down. He was anxious. He was before the most gorgeous woman on planet earth and he didn't know how to ask her to be his, forever. Biebi smiled at him and shook her head.
"If you hate jollof rice so much, we can as well order your nauseating pasta, you know." He smiled.
"Biebi, it's not that" He was nervous. How does he just ask her to marry him? Vosa said to approach the matter confidently... She supported him all the way, but his nervousness couldn't let him think about all the other words of advice she gave to him.
"What is it then?" She asked, gently, seeing his brow sweating.
"Biebi..." He got down on his knees. "I... I...." He pulled out the ring box and opened it.
Biebi stood up, speechless.
"What?"
"Will you...?" Biebi was surprised and nervous about all the attention from the customers who had already started taking pictures. She surely hadn't expected this. A marriage proposal from Tim? She knew he loved her like crazy, but-

"Biebi! Biebi!" She turned and looked at the direction from where her name was being called out. Doye?
He panted, like he had been running for hours. He gasped for breath as he reached out to his pocket and brought out a ring box as well. She saw her surprise and smiled inside. This was all Vosa's idea. And even though she gave him the crazy idea of proposing to Biebi (reluctantly) alongside Tim, she was sure it was the best thing to do because "Biebi would choose whom she loved more."

He got to his knees and cleared his throat.
"I'm sorry, I was wrong. I'm sorry I waited so long to realize this. But I love you. You know I do. I love you so much, babe. I'd die if you said no." She stared at him, conflicted then turned to look at Tim. He was surprised at the outcome of events too. And the "ooh" and "awww" from the audience didn't let her think straight.
"Is it too late now to say sorry?" Doye was singing. She turned to stare at him. "Cos I'm missing more than your body. Is it too late now to say I'm sorry now?"
The crowd responded, moved by the outpour of emotions.
"Babe, don't listen to that clown" Tim argued. "He's a useless nobody who'll probably stand you up again."
Biebi's heart was beating loudly; as loudly as it did when she first knew she was in love with him, as loudly as it did when he first kissed her, very loud.

She took a step forward
The crowd cheered...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
[size=20pt]THE END[/size]

Thank you for being here through all of this...
The readers, those who commented, those who criticized, even the ghostreaders.

Stay blessed. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by alleazardous(m): 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2016
MzNelly:

Stay blessed. smiley
hmm a great story. But pls who did she marry?
Re: Shattered Glass by saraphina(f): 11:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
such a wonderful story...Thanks Mznelly.
Re: Shattered Glass by barbienazom(f): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2016
Aww....wonderful story mznelly.....but was actually expecting more embarassed
Re: Shattered Glass by heemah(f): 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
Mznelly, u can't conclude it just like dat nah! Haba!
Re: Shattered Glass by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:04am On Jan 20, 2016
MzNelly:

Stay blessed. smiley

Laye! I no gree o! How will you just end this movie like that na? Laye! You've to come finish up in my house grin. Intriguing story dear. You did great!
Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 8:28am On Jan 20, 2016
DVMtuppence:
Maybe btw am a student of funaab
so uve seen me somewhere? Ur pics doesn't ring a bell...
Re: Shattered Glass by oghenekome51(f): 9:00am On Jan 20, 2016
Mznelly i seriously donot agree with u! Dis cannot b d end of the story! Haba, we dont knw who biebi chose, so u cannot just end d story all of a sudden lik dat!

Btwn, weldone ma!
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lol, you guys want me to tell you everything?

If you were in Biebi's shoes, who would you pick?
There goes your answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by daxlasaint(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
MzNelly:

Stay blessed. smiley
... Twas a pleasure taking this cruise with you my darling... Great story... Fantastic finish!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by oscarlloyd(m): 10:25am On Jan 24, 2016
MzNelly:

Stay blessed. smiley
I don't agree oo... Even nollywood movie cannot finish like this... If it's my comment u are waiting for u to continue, oya here it is grin... BTW, u did a great justice to this, from beginning to end made sense... Kudos
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
We are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator. grin

On a serious note though, MzNelly, come and complete your story. I also won't agree. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.