Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Saved By Amnesia - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Saved By Amnesia (64391 Views)

Wretched But Saved / Saved By The Twinkle Of Her Eyes / Saved By Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
Author's Note.

With love, no inhibitions rounding up I will start a short story here that will be finished up here. Sincere appreciation to those who followed up Love, no Inhibitions and my apologies to those who weren't able to read it. This one is for you.
Enjoy
Inkpapervodka

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2018
Is pdf available... @ Love No inhibition

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
Not at the moment dear
skubido:
Is pdf available... @ Love No inhibition
Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
Not at the moment dear

tanks.. Cuz am following till u stop it here..

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
PROLOGUE

I never liked hospitals as a child. I still don't like it now as an adult, the smell, the nurses, sick people, it nauseated me. However in the past few years I'd become a frequent visitor, today was different though. I wasn't here for myself, I was here for my husband. I walked slowly up the stairs thinking that I don't even want to be here. How do wives act when they hear that their husbands was in the hospital because he'd been involved in a fatal car accident ?
Was I expected to cry, roll around in the dirt? I don't know, and I don't want to know. I'm not here to look after him, console or comfort him. I'm here because I want to see how battered he looks, how vulnerable he looks. It's something I've never seen. I want to see his weakness, I want to see if he'll shed tears, most importantly I want to know if he'll survive.
When I heard he'd been involved in a car accident, I'd gone on my knees and prayed to God. I'd begged God to end his life but God hasn't looked in my direction in years so I doubt he'd heard me. I reached the private ward the nurse had directed me to, took a deep breath before entering the room.
He was all bandaged up on the bed, my strong formidable husband looked like a rag doll. I laughed and smiled at the image I'll forever cherish. I ran my hand through his wounds and squeezed. He must have felt pain because he jolted up and looked at me. I jumped backwards and waited for him to scold me or look at me in anger. He didn't, maybe he was too weak for that. I said nothing, only watched and cursed his creator silently for not killing him.
"Who are you?" he breathed out. I frowned at his question, I must have heard wrong.
"Where am I?" he asked. I studied him silently, could the accident have rendered him amnesiac?
"You don't know me?" I asked, he shook his head.
"Good, I don't know you either. I've never met you and I was never here" I said.
He looked confused for a moment before speaking.
"Tell me something" he said. I eyed him hatefully
"You're a terrible person, I hope you die and rot in hell" I said before walking away.
Far away from the hospital, Far away from my husband, Far away from matrimony, Far away from Abuja.
And I'm never returning.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
Haaaaaaaa, na wa oo.. Following sha, ti koba nidi obinrin oun jekumolu...

Ride on ma
Re: Saved By Amnesia by labelle123(f): 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
Grabbing the seat at the front and chilling with my cold zobo and popcorn following Inkpapervodka bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by DemiKOL(f): 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
Following all the way...

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 05, 2018
Chapter one

Seven years ago

Tarila.

The rain started thirty minutes after I left the church. I growled angrily at the sky and hissed in displeasure. I hate rainy seasons, stupid weather. I hadn't even wanted to go to church but grandma had forced me to. If I had refused I would have gotten a beating from Preye or perhaps slaps from Douye. Grandma was very harsh and over religious. It was why she forced me to get baptized and join the teens choir. I think she's trying to mould me into the woman my mother was not as a teenager. Deina was grandma's first child before the boys, she was my mother. Grandma believed she'd been too lenient with Deina that's why Deina got pregnant at fourteen and in jss3. After my birth, she'd been sent to a Catholic institution in Calabar, where she finished her secondary education. She's now an evangelist, married to a Prophet with two other children. She doesn't acknowledge me as her child, I'm the mistake of the family. She ignores me whenever she comes around, never says a word to me and she doesn't stay around for long.
I walked quickly to the junction hoping to take a shortcut route to the house.
That's when I saw him, Sotonye. The man of my dreams, my super crush, the one who gives me a million butterflies in my stomach. I've always been in love with him, right from the moment I saw him till now. He's Sotonye Williams , my uncle Boma's friend. I always obsess over him everytime he comes to the house to visit my uncles but I'll never have the courage to tell him, he's older than me. Imagine if he reported me to my uncles? I'd get the beating of a lifetime. The first and only time I'd applied lip gloss to my dry chapped lips, my grandma had told her sons that I was trying to follow the bad footsteps of my mother. Uncle Preye had gotten a cane and flogged me, imagine them hearing that I'd told a man I love him? I'd see my grave that day.
"Uncle Soty" I greeted casually when I got to him.
The pitter patter of the rain grew loud and so did the beats of my heart.
"Tari, how are you?" he said casually.
The way he said my name gave me yet another reason to love him.
"I'm fine Uncle Soty" I said
"Why are you out here in the rain?" he asked. He rarely smiled, just a little side movement of his mouth whenever a joke was told. I wish he'd smile more often.
"I'm heading home, I was at the church" I smiled.
"it's getting late, and it's going to rain heavily soon. Start running home" he said coldly.
"What about you uncle Soty?" Why was he out here in the rain? I wondered.
I was shivering now, the cold was seeping into my skin. I didn't want to leave yet, I wanted to continue speaking to him. He barely acknowledged me at home, I want to prolong this conversation. I wished he'd walk me home, I shivered the more.
"Tari are you okay?" he asked, he sounded a bit concerned.
"I'm cold, and I'm feeling dizzy" I lied about being dizzy.
"Let me walk you home" he offered.
"Oh uncle Soty, thank you" I said smiling gratefully.
He took my head, I swear sparks flew. I looked up at him, maybe he could feel our chemistry. He had his usual serious expression on his face, nothing else.
He didn't speak to me through out the walk home, just held my hand like a father would a little girl till we got to the house. He didn't even say goodbye, he just turned and walked away. So cold...
That didn't stop me from loving Sotonye, if anything it made me love him more.
I want to make him smile, I wish he'd smile once for me.
Maybe I should tell him a funny story, a joke.
I smiled as I got into the compound, I'm in love with Sotonye. I wish we'll get more rainy days like this, where we'd meet and he'll walk me home.
Sotonye is my angel, nothing will stop me from loving Sotonye.

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nextlevel10: 3:06am On Apr 05, 2018
Announcing my presence..... I am enjoying the story. Well done

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 6:31am On Apr 05, 2018
let me grab my popcorn and ogi...it will be a sweet combination fine this story

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 6:32am On Apr 05, 2018
Olawale118:
let me grab my popcorn and ogi...it will be a sweet combination for this story

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Cadec007(m): 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
*jumps into thread**gasps* a new story!!......following darling

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Cadec007(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Olawale118:
let me grab my popcorn and ogi...it will be a sweet combination fine this story
lol

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2018
Tarila

Three years ago.

I glanced at my phone nervously, how do I tell the girls that I have to go home quickly before seven o'clock? We were having so much fun, and times like this were very rare for me.
I checked the time it was already after six o'clock, I began to think of the excuse to cook up for the girls. All I've told my friends are lies, and I'll continue to feed them are more lies. I told them I worked for a Chinese company that manufactured spices, that was the reason I was never free. In reality I'm a full time house wife, here's the best part, my friends do not know I am married.
How would they know? my husband calls me a closet wife, to be hidden from the public and seen only in the house. I guess he's embarrassed to be seen with me, no one apart from his close family knows we're married. Not his employees, not his friends, he's just Sotonye Williams another eligible bachelor waiting to be snatched by a single, smart and gorgeous woman. I smiled a little remembering that he'd once said that if we were seen together in public, people would think I was his maid. Well I am his maid, aren't I? He said we were the ideal example of the prince and the troll. In which I'm the troll of course, and he...Prince Charming.
'You're ugly, plain and pathetic' he'd remind me, no matter what I did that's all I'll remain to Sotonye.
Plain, ugly and pathetic.
"Hello, earth to Tari. Are you still in there?" Moyo waved her hand in front of my face. I laughed swatting her hand away playfully.
"I was trying to get your attention, what were you thinking about?" Ene asked.
I faked a smile "Work" my horrible marriage that I can't tell you about, I said in my head.
"of course, the workaholic" Ene rolled her eyes.
"Speaking of work, I have a presentation tomorrow. I have to go home early to prepare" I said. The girls have never come to my home, I'd skillfully told them that I lived in the company's special quarters for workers and visitors were not entertained. In reality, I'm in a Marital prison, I'm not allowed to go out except on days like this where I have to shop for groceries. I don't have work or a presentation to get back to but I do have a scary husband who will lose his shït if he doesn't see me waiting at the door like his little puppy when he gets back. He forbade me from having friends, he didn't know about Ene and Moyo. He'd made me cut ties with all my friends from the culinary school I'd gone to but I never cut Ene or Moyo off. They were my sisters, my best friends, I can't get rid of them ever not even for Sotonye. I have a feeling they'll be the one to pick up my pieces in the end, that is after Sotonye has successfully destroyed me.
"Oooh don't go yet, stay a little" Moyo groaned.
"Honey I wish I could stay but I'm sorry, I'll see you on Thursday" I said. Sotonye spent Thursday evenings with his friends, at his other apartment at Lekki. So I'll be free to hang around the girls till Eight.
"Seriously you need to leave that Job, it feels like you're in prison" Ene hissed.
Soon, hopefully, soon....
"Till Thursday" I pecked their cheeks before picking up my bag.
"Okay have a lovely night and good luck on your presentation" Moyo said.
"Thank you" I smiled before leaving the table.
I do not need good luck, because God help me if Sotonye is at home I might not be able to walk by Thursday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by charytea(f): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Cadec007:
*jumps into thread**gasps* a new story!!......following darling
Come you seff. na everywhere you dey bah and the worst be say you no go mention person

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2018
Tanks a 4d update. More oo
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Cadec007(m): 12:41am On Apr 06, 2018
charytea:

Come you seff. na everywhere you dey bah and the worst be say you no go mention person
awwwwnnnnn i am so sorry i would mention you from now on pls accept my sincerest apology......mmuaaah *winks* kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by bimberry1307(f): 12:54am On Apr 06, 2018
ohkay, make una shift make I siddon. following...
Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 6:43am On Apr 06, 2018
bimberry1307:
ohkay, make una shift make I siddon. following...

sist hope u don sit sha, incase den no wan shift. Hala me make i help u arrange oo

cuz plenty sit dey ma papa vineyard.

Good morning to u all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by bimberry1307(f): 10:08am On Apr 06, 2018
skubido:

sist hope u don sit sha, incase den no wan shift. Hala me make i help u arrange oo

cuz plenty sit dey ma papa vineyard.

Good morning to u all
lol, I don siddon already.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
bimberry1307:
lol, I don siddon already.

oya mo dey enjoy ham dey go

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 07, 2018
Lagos

Victoria Island

Euphoria.

Roselyn.

"Roselyn, come over here ?" my manager Dominic called me. I rolled my eyes and walked up to the perverted son of a bïtch.
"What do you want dom?" I asked impatiently.
"Don't sass me young woman" he said.
"Well I wouldn't if you would look at my face instead of my breästs" I hissed.
"If you want a job where they would look at your face rather than your brëasts, quit and go work in an office" Dominic spat.
"What do you want, my shift is ending in an twenty minutes" I said angrily.
I didn't want to work at a night club believe me, but it's the only way I can pay my bills and still go to school at the same time. I feel so insecure and unsafe everytime I walk in here and see those perverted men looking at me the way dogs look at raw juicy meat.
"You're going to extend your shift to an hour Rosie" Dominic said.
"Are you nuts? I'm leaving in twenty minutes" I hissed crossing my arms angrily.
"Roselyn the only reason I tolerate this rudeness is because a lot of men love you here. You bring me good luck, ever since you started working here I've made a lot of money. An hour tonight, I give you ten thousand and you can keep the tips" Dominic said.
Ten thousand!
I thought of the text books I needed to buy and nodded. I suppose I could do without sleep for another night.
"Good girl, and Roselyn you might want to wear something shorter. More cleavages, more tips. Put on some makeup" He said walking away.
I flipped him the finger, 'pervert' I muttered before going into the dressing room to change.
Dominic must have known I was going to accept because there was a gold satin dress waiting on my table and black killer heels. I quickly got dressed and applied makeup before putting on the dress, shoes and the metallic choker.
Dominic directed me to the VIP section when I came out of the dressing room. I guess he had some important clients he wanted to impress today. I rounded the corner with Dominic and saw four men seated at a table with different bottles of vodka, and a hell lot of expensive drinks. Three of my coworkers were already there, Lindy, Kyla and Samie.

"Gentlemen, I present to you Euphoria's finest. We call her the siren" he said and I stepped into the light confidently knowing that I've stolen the spotlight from the other girls.
The best part of this job was knowing that I had the power to bring this men to their knees but I didn't want to.
I need the money, not the men.
Lindy, Kyla and Samie were glaring at me now, 'oh honey but there are plenty of men to go round' I chuckled before turning to the only single person in the room.

'Hello handsome' I sat on his laps and gave him my sexiest smile.
"Aren't you lucky Soty, I told you this club was the best" his friends said.
He didn't share in their enthusiasm.
"If you don't mind, I have work in the morning. Whatever you plan to do, dance, Mouth Gig, quick fück. Do it quickly" he whispered in my ear.
"I also have work to do tomorrow, how about I take you to the backroom. Pretend to give you a good head, you tip me, tell my boss you're satisfied and we both fück off!" I whispered harshly.
"Pretend to give me good head?" he asked amused.
"You think I'd suck your dïck? I don't know you, who knows what you're carrying" I hissed.
"Isn't that your job?" he asked smirking.
"I'm a dancer, I'm simply doing my boss a favor. My beauty attracts clients like you" I leaned in and kissed him to keep up the act.
"So I'd be tipping you for nothing" he said.
"You're the one who's in a hurry to go home, don't waste my time. Let's do this" I said.
His hands reached up and squeezed my boobs on purpose.
Asshole, I hissed and bit his ear.
"I can't tip you for nothing, have to cop a feel or two" I felt his hand on my àss.
"Pervert" I cursed.
"Slùt" he retorted.
I rolled my eyes, men like this make me hate my job.
He brought out a couple of notes and shove some in my bra, his fingers brushing my nipples slightly.
"Here, give me a lap dance let's get out of here" he said.

I frowned at him for the change of plans, but I accepted anyway.
Dominic was probably watching from an angle and I need to earn my ten thousand.
So I turned to face the stranger, pressing my breasts to his face.
"You like?" I asked icily.
"No, I prefer larger boobs" he smirked.
"Bastàrd" I curse.
He chuckled before leaning in to kiss me again.
I wondered if that kiss was all part of the act.

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2018
Chapter Two

Two years ago

Sotonye

I thought I heard a lady talking to me, I opened my eyes again but I couldn't find her again. I don't remember what she looked like, her face looked blurry but I could denote that she was dark. Her hand had squeezed one of my bandaged wounds as if she intended to hurt me.
And I couldn't forget what she'd said.
'You're a terrible person and I hope you rot in hell?' I thought.
Why would she say that to me, what have I done?
Two women came in I assumed one was the doctor because of her outfit, the other was dressed in a simple gown.
"Hello Mr Williams" she smiled.
I swallowed and looked at her confused, my name is Williams?
The doctor turned to the other woman,
"Don't try to jog his memory at this stage, wait till he gets better. His wife has been here to see him, I didn't get the chance to talk to her. Do tell her to see me, when she gets back" the doctor smiled and walked away.
Wife?! I was married? Oh... the woman who came earlier is my wife?
Why did she say such to me? I must have hurt her or perhaps she was the one who hurt me.
"Brother" the lady in front of me smiled weakly.
A sister....fück I wish I could remember something.
All I can see is an oncoming vehicle, that's all I remember. So I was in an accident, I've lost my memory.
"Can you hear me Soty?" she had tears in her eyes.
I nodded and watched her cautiously, perhaps she can tell me something.

"You were in a car accident and you lost your memory. The diagnosis says it might be temporary. Once you get well, I'm going to take you home and we'll think of how to jog your memory" she smiled.

"You called me Soty, is my name?" I asked.
"Yes, you're Sotonye. I'm Layefa, your junior sister. I've been learning in Ghana for years now, our brother Tare is in the US. Mama managed to contact me, she wouldn't be able to help you because she's blind. I don't know much about you Soty, but your wife could help. She's been with you for five years" Layefa said.
My wife? The same woman who came here and wished me death?
I doubt she'd help me, she wants me to rot in hell.
"How about friends?" I asked.
"Soty your phone was damaged in an accident, your wife is the only one who can help you now. We don't know who else to trust. I'll go home and get Tari" she said.
Tari.... My wife.

Layefa left thirty minutes later, she didn't know much because she claimed I'd sent her to a boarding school in Ghana when she was eleven and she was still there for her tertiary education. My brother on the other hand was eighteen when he left for the US on scholarship and he wasn't back. As a matter of fact, she said he barely contacted us. Layefa didn't know my friends, she mentioned that I had a technology complex but she hadn't been there before. I sighed watching the clock still wondering why my wife had said that to me, she has to explain why. I can't trust such a woman.
Another woman entered the ward, she rushed to my side when she saw me.
"Oh my God Soty!" she said.
"Who are you?" I asked frowning.
"I'm so sorry, I heard about your accident from the news. I'm Hawa, your secretary" she said.
"Oh lovely, I thought you were Tari" I said.
"Tari? Who is Tari?" she asked.
How is it possible that my own secretary does not know my wife.
"My wife of course" I said.
She grew more confused
"You don't have a wife Soty" Hawa said and that statement confused me the more.
"You do have a Girlfriend, her name is not Tari. Her name is Princess" Hawa said.
My sister claimed I have a wife and my own secretary said I wasn't married.
I rubbed my forehead in confusion.
"Do I have any family at all" perhaps the lady wasn't my sister. Perhaps she came to deceive me.
"Yes, your sister Layefa is in Ghana, Your brother is in the US, your mum is blind sadly" Hawa said.
"Do you have any idea what they look like?" I asked.
"Yes, there is a picture of your family in your office but nothing about a wife. You're not married Soty" Hawa responded.
Layefa came in almost immediately, she looked distressed.
"Is that my sister?" I asked.
"Yes" Hawa nodded.
I sighed, at least I have two people I can trust.
"Soty, Tarila is gone" she said.
"Tarila?" Hawa asked.
"His wife" My sister answered.
"What wife?" Hawa asked confused.
I looked between both of them, what the hell was going on?

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by chisiudeh: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2018
Interesting. Nice work. Keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
Two years ago

Sotonye

"My son married Tarila six years ago, I still had my sight then. Tari was just seventeen, it was a quiet ceremony in rivers. I can still get Father Francis to come here and tell you the truth" my mother said.
"Where are the pictures?" I asked.
"Wedding pictures?" my mother asked
"Yes, pictures that this wife really exists" I asked.
"There were no pictures Sotonye, it was more of a secret affair. Tari was pregnant and you were forced to marry her. Her grandmother was very religious and she didn't want a scandal. You married her quickly and brought her here" my mother said.
I sighed, now where is the wife and the child.
Hawa claims I am not married, she'd taken me to my apartment at lekki. A simple and plain bachelor pad.
My sister on the other hand brought me over to Dolphin Estate where I had a house, it did have a touch of a woman. And her things were upstairs in the room, a few of more clothes too. That was the only proof that this wife existed.
Life was playing one big game with me, if I had a wife and a child...why hide them?
Was I ashamed of her, did she not want to be seen.
Only my family knew of this wife, no one else.
"How about the child? there is no sign that a child ever lived here" I asked.
"Tari lost the child, I suppose it was a good thing" my mum answered.
"Why?" I asked confused.
"Tari was pregnant for your brother, she claimed your brother raped her. Her grandmother was going to force Tare to marry her but you didn't want that to ruin Tare's education especially with the scholarship. You took the responsibility for it, she lost the baby two months after you married her" my mom replied.
"Well why didn't I leave her?" I asked. That was the normal thing to do, she didn't have my baby and I'm pretty sure I didn't want her.
"Tari was a good girl Soty, I begged you to remain with her. Her family wanted nothing to do with her" My mother said sympathetically.
What a mess?
If I didn't want Tari, that's probably why I never bothered to introduce her to my friends.
Maybe that's why I kept her hidden in this house.
I remembered what she'd said at the hospital again, I still haven't told anybody that.
I must have been a terrible husband to her. Wherever she is now, I hope she finds peace.
"Wow, I never for once thought you'd be married Soty. No wonder you never had interest in marriage, you had a wife at home" Hawa said.
"What happens now, the only person who really knew you has gone. Why would she leave?" Layefa asked.
"She was probably happy about the accident" I muttered.
"Don't say that Soty, that girl was devoted to you. She did love you despite your faults. I'm surprised you kept her hidden away, Tari was a good woman. If she ran away, you have to find her and make sure you find out what made her run away" My mother said
"I don't know what she looks like, there are no pictures, nothing. Layefa wouldn't know what she looks like. Nobody does" I said.
"Tare might" Layefa said.
"And we can't get through to him" my mother sighed.
"If you can't find your wife, I suggest you forget her and move on. A good wife won't leave her barely alive husband. Moving on Soty, you have three best friend. Simon, Kole and Abdul" Hawa said.
"I'd rather just rest now, maybe you could bring them over tomorrow. Who's handling my business?" I asked.
"Princess" Hawa said.
"The girlfriend?" I asked confused.
"Yes, she's the assistant manager" Hawa informed me.
"What is she like?" I asked.
"She's sweet and lovely, I guess that's why you love her. I was hoping you both would get married this year. Now that your wife is out of the picture, what's stopping you?" Hawa asked.
I shot her the 'what kind of dumb question is that?' look.
"My brother has amnesia, every other thing can wait till he regains his memory. No pressure" Layefa said.
"So where is this princess?" I asked.
"She's in Lagos, you were going to join her in Lagos before your accident" Hawa responded.
"Contact her" I said before leaving the room.
Whatever I have done, it's in the past. I need to start afresh.

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
really...starting afresh. the past is a terrible hunter

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sotonye.

The guys were all drunk in the morning, when I got to Simon's room, I met two of the girls from last night on his bed. I shook my head chuckling before leaving his room. This dude got married three months ago, you would think by now he was a changed man.
I called for room service to get breakfast before getting a shower.
I wonder what Kola and Abdul are up to, I didn't bother to go check their room. Who knows what I'll find.
My phone rang and I checked the caller, it was princess my fiancee.
"Hey babe" I said smiling.
'Sweetie' she sniffed. I wondered what was wrong with her.
Princess was really emotional over odd things at times, after my accident two years ago with the whole memory loss she was the one who nursed me back to health, ran my business and showed me the ropes again.
That's the kind of woman I want, not the one that disappears when you need her the most.
A year later I proposed to Princess, my mother was not pleased. She claimed I didn't need another woman since I was still married to Tari.
What Tari, the one who wished me death? Even if she did come back, I'll never take her back.
I already discussed with my lawyer, he said the marriage could be annulled since the wife in question has left me and I had no idea where she was.
The entire thing was arranged and taken care of in few weeks, I proposed to Princess and in a few months we'll be getting married.
'The florist couldn't get the flowers I want, I can't seem to get anything right for this wedding. Everything is falling apart, I need you here. I can't do this on my own Soty' she sobbed.
"Princess, nothing is falling apart. We'll get another florist okay. I promise you, you'll get the wedding you want. I love you" I said.
'Can you imagine my tailor used satin instead of silk for my dress. I want to get married quickly but what if this is a sign that we need to wait a bit. We haven't even gotten your mother's blessing' she sniffed.
"Princess everything will be fine, everything will be okay. We will get my mother's blessings. Stop being paranoid, I'll be in Abuja soon" I promised.
'Alright Soty, oh and by the way my junior sister queen finished up her last papers for the semester today . Please go pick her up from school, she'll be flying into Abuja with you and she's also coming with her friend. Accommodate them and arrange their flights, thank you. I'll forward her number to you and tell her you'll be coming to pick her up. Thank you honey, I love you' she said.
"I love you too, talk later princess" I said ending the call.
Women trouble, I shook my head and walked into the shower.

The guys were still asleep when I left the hotel, that must be one hell of a hangover. I dropped a message that I was going to pick my soon to be sister in law up from the University of Lagos and that they better get rid of those girls before I get back.

During the drive, I wondered how to get my mother's blessings. My mum didn't get along well with princess, no matter what princess did my mum was never satisfied. It irked me but what could I do about it? She was still withholding her blessing from us because she didn't support the union. How do I make her see that Tari was a shut door and she should welcome princess as the new one? I blocked the thoughts from my head and concentrated on the drive instead. With or without my mum's blessings I will marry princess.

Princess's sister looked like the skinny version of princess. She was tall with dark shiny skin and long braids that fell to her waist. I noticed her dimples, exactly like her sister's when I got closer.
"Uncle Soty" she smiled.
"Please call me Soty, don't make me feel old" I said.
"You're about six years older than I am" I said.
"How old are you?" I asked smiling.
"I'm twenty four" she answered, her cheeks dimpled.
"Soty is just fine" I said looking around.
"Princess mentioned a friend" I said.
"Roselyn, she'll soon be here. Hope you don't mind, she's more like a sister to me. I figured we'll spend the holidays in Abuja." Queen said.
"I don't mind at all" I said smiling easily.
We waited for an extra five minutes before a light complexion girl showed up. She wore really short light blue jeans skirt that showed off some pretty nice legs and a yellow sleeveless top.
It was only when she got closer that I realized We'd met before.
She smiled revealing perfect teeth.
"You must be the in law, I'm Roselyn nice to meet you" she said.
I froze, the girl from last night.

7 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by hidhrhis(m): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
nice story

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
Seven years ago

Tarila

I swung my legs back and and forth excitedly while I watched Sotonye. He was always so casual, yet so handsome. My uncles were laughing hard at the joke yet he barely smiled.
I wondered if I'll ever have the chance to be with him in this world. He's so near, yet so far away.
I've written Mrs Tari Williams all over my notebooks but surely it was just a fantasy. Soty was six years older than me, he'd never be with me.
"Fine girl" I heard from behind me. I gritted my teeth angrily and turned.
Just my luck, it was Tare Williams. Here I was crushing on the older one and the younger one was in love with me.
Tare Williams annoyed the hell out of me, he was too arrogant and irresponsible. Despite his intelligence and fine face, I found nothing attractive about him.
"Tare what is it again, how many times have I told you not to bother me?" I asked rudely.
"How can I ignore you when you're sitting here so fine in this short skirt. See your fresh legs" he smirked.
In truth, it was the shortest thing I owned. It stopped above my knees, grandma let me wear it today because I lied that the rest of my skirts were washed. Grandma bought it for me when I was eleven, I hated it then . But then I grew and the skirt shrunk and hugged my tiny curves. It was my favorite outfit and I'd worn it today because I'd overheard my uncle saying that Sotonye was coming over.
The brother I wore the skirt for barely looked in my direction and the one I detested admired the outfit. I rolled my eyes and looked away.
"You know you're very beautiful, I don't know why you keep forming for me. I can take care of you" Tare smiled.
"I'll elbow you, stop disturbing me" I hissed making a face.
"Even when you're angry you're still beautiful, Tarila. Your name suits you, I won't rest till I have you" he said.
I hissed and turned to him.
"You want to take care of me, how? With which money, the one sotonye gives you or the one you steal from your mom?" I mocked.
He only smiled before replying.
"I got a scholarship Tari, when I get back from the US I'll be rich. I'll marry you and we'll go over there together. I love you Tari, you're the reason I worked hard for this scholarship. To make you proud of me, so I can be a better man" he said earnestly.
"How sweet" I mocked getting up from the chair.
"Well listen to me Tare, I love someone else. Someone who will give me everything you cannot" I hissed walking away but he followed me to the back of the house.
"Who do you love, he dares not try to touch you. I will deal with him" Tare hissed.
Your brother, how Ironic. I smiled but said nothing.
"I'm sure he'll beat you, he's stronger than you, he's more handsome and he's not childish" I mocked the more.
Tare clenched his fists angrily.
"Tarila you are mine, no one else. Mine!" he shouted before grabbing me and laying a bruising kiss on my lips.
I pushed, scratched and kicked but Tare was stronger than me.
"Tare stop, I was only joking" I begged tears in my eyes.
He pulled away.
"You better be, anyone who touches you will have a lot of problems with me" He said strongly.
"You're obsessed, how dare you kiss me?" I yelled.
"You belong to me Tari, no one else but me" He said and walked away.
I clutched my chest and willed my heart to be still.
"Tari!" I heard Sotonye shout for me.
I gasped before rushing back to were my uncles were sitting.
Sotonye looked up at me, his eyes narrowed on my lips.
Then he gave me the head to toe look.
"Where's Tare?" he asked.
I scratched my neck nervously.
"He left" I said. After stealing my first kiss, the one I was saving for you. I wanted to sob in anger.
"I see" he said.
"Get me a glass of water" he said.
I nodded and quickly skipped to get him a glass of water.
I made sure to rinse the glass three times before placing it on a ceramic plate.
Anything for Sotonye, anything for the one I love.

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by dupsai(f): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2018
Following ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
huh.....infatuation(Tari) and lust(Tare). keep the updates coming plsssss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.