Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,247 members, 7,853,249 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers (29313 Views)

Kachikwu, Others Worry As Fuel Marketers Halt Importation / Marketers Plan To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by otswag(m): 6:47am On May 24, 2015
coolhamid:
Building refineries is the solution to our problems in Nigeria.
If after four years, buhari refuse to building more refineries to solve the problem of fuel , then I would regard him as a failed president also..
4 refineries dey ground since wey neva work because of some powerful forces within d govt and u dey talk make him build anoda 1. How is that economical? It will just become the 5th inactive refinery.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Nobody: 6:47am On May 24, 2015
It's really sad that we're are subjected to this level of stress and suffering just to get fuel to power our vehicles and generators. The pains are really depressing. The queues are so long and burdensome.

However, it's time we realise that there's NO gain without pain. As hurtful as it may be, subsidy isn't sustainable, and must go.

GEJ tried to do this back in 2012, but we resisted and protested against it. Today, the cycle of pain is still with us. Subsidy must go!

A true test of character will be revealed by the GMB will handle this sensitive matter. After pandering to his broom wavers for some time, he will still have to face the reality. Subsidy must go!

The easiest way is not necessarily the best way. Prepare ahead. Be proactive.

5 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by eromspete(m): 6:47am On May 24, 2015
We have to begin refining our own product as a matter of emergency.

I'm so ashamed of my country right now.

The mentality of development is not just present at all.

All the stakeholders involved in the Nigerian Oil&Gas industry are not doing this country well. I'd call them saboteurs

The consumers (Critical stakeholder) are willing to pay to get the product.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by CyberWolf: 6:49am On May 24, 2015
Serves Nigerians well...you people will see hell on earth..this is just the beginning angry ..Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy back then but you people were manipulated by some cabals and you went on protest. As if that was not enough, some of the cabals which transformed to APC today told the whole country that there is no subsidy..Even Buhari said that subsidy does not exist..I'm glad because he will start eating his words next week...Nigerians ntorrrrrrrrrrr angry sad angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by onatisi(m): 6:50am On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
GEJ will end up making Buhari a hero. Baba is going to address the problem in his first week as President.
because buhari has refineries in daura abi? Or he has 1trillion naira to import fuel,abi Don't worry ur eyes go soon clear.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by BlackHuman(m): 6:51am On May 24, 2015
DollyParton1:
Nigeria has gotta be in its worst state now. Everything and everywhere is shutting down. No fuel, no electricity, and no salaries in most states.
Jonathan has decided to wage economic war instead of Violence.
...Come to tink of it;- Perhaps Boko-Haram too would have to shut down operations.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by NobleG1(m): 6:52am On May 24, 2015
Shameful. We can refine our own oil.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hansad: 6:53am On May 24, 2015
Laughable excuses in the seventh oil producing country of the world.

You don't have fuel because Nigeria has suffered leadership failure since the late 1970s.

The country's political structure and unitary government system were badly created, they make the far north section of Nigeria unduly influence the choice of who must lead the country anytime. Bad leaders emerge, while the best are filtered out by the system.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by columbus007(m): 6:53am On May 24, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
I am ready to buy fuel initially at 150 naira per liter for this subsidy to go far, far away.

Infact, up it to 180 per liter with no scarcity ever again in the history of the country and I'll pay. At least we could still be productive and ration things out.

With subsidy removed though, I don't even think prices will get that high.

Bottom line, remove subsidy NOW!!

No more this person is owing that to this person, nmba, no!

Just import the fuel and we will pay full price untill the refineries start working abeg, too much shakara, mtcheww!
your thinking is out of this world,what do you mean by we? You are a suffering and smiling radical,you are bragging here like you can buy a whole fuel tank.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Nobody: 6:53am On May 24, 2015
hucienda:
So why were people protesting back in 2012? Their eyes finally 'open' to the truth?

We now see for a fact that this subsidy may hold the fort for the short term but is definitely not sustainable long term.

We need working refineries in-country.

The removal of the subsidy was ill-timed and besides when it was removed, why was it pegged at N140? The dollar per barrel then was above $100, what did they do with the funds?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by phonneh: 6:54am On May 24, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I bet you are one of those that protested against subsidy removal.

Thunder fire your mouth there.

Yes o, fools! They did occupy lagos with all their heart just because the preferred the short term benefits. Now the long term benefit is here, embrace it. You can't eat you cake and have it back...

5 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by jorlons(m): 6:55am On May 24, 2015
ige101:
The thunder that will strike you is still dressing up for press-up.Have you forgotten Jan 1 very soon? Ihave have no doubt you are one of those fools that protested against subsidy removal then

Oga park well jare. What did this corrupt govt do with the money realised from the partial removal of the subsidy, absolutely nothing.

If they had removed the subsidy entirely, I'm sure this thieving administration would have helped themselves with the money.

So again Thunder and Lightning ⚡ naim go strike Jona and his thieving cabals for putting us in this tight corner.

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Kei144(m): 6:55am On May 24, 2015
The Federal Government should not pay any more subsidy to any person. If the marketers don't have money to import fuel, their licenses should be terminated; FG should put up adverts for new oil marketing licenses.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by YSA06(m): 6:56am On May 24, 2015
Finally, jonathan averted post election violence and waged in economic war. No fuel, No electriciy and no workers' salaries nationwide, I'm sure Nigeria is feeling the heat now. This country at its worst stage.

Past leaders has been paying fuel subsidy, so what happened to this present admin of gej? Answers are clear, public funds have been stolen, looted, used for campaign for his desperate re election bid.

And how will I call gej my role model when I bought 20ltrs of fuel for 8k.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by BlackHuman(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2015
Pls, let dis subsidy be removed, Let Demand and Supply take it's course. Things will balance out eventually.....Only Education and Healthcare Should be subsidized in this country.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by MORNDEW(m): 6:59am On May 24, 2015
buzquet:
I bought 30ltrs of fuel yestaday for 13k!!!!!!!! Na thunder go fire Jonathan n his crew in Jesus name!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked
Amen. I gave you a like for this. I used to wonder the kind of reasoning the likes of barcanista, phockphockman abi na lashlash man, severusnape abi na several snake who constantly asked us to continue with the directionless, clueless and inhuman Government. Till i leave this forum i wont forget them for their skewed support of mediocrity becos of groundnut and peanut. Not forgetting the one dat goes by Tit. Dat one na boy we dey claim gal. May God serve them all they wished this nation.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by daywatcher: 7:00am On May 24, 2015
Perhaps the marketers want to twist the arm of the government into making one final unwarranted payment because they know it will not be business as usual when the new government enters.

To summarise, I think the marketers want a final share of the national akara
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by columbus007(m): 7:00am On May 24, 2015
free2ryhme:
angryYes. Nigerians should rise in unison against these scammers called MARKETERS. If there are not importing why are independent marketers selling fuel. Where are they lifting fuel? Most Major marketer has got fuel to sell in the past three weeks. Even some Majors are selling fuel at N300/Litre. This is fraud and you still want to be paid subsidy. Their Licences should be withdrawn and the general public should rise against them. Enough is Enough. Outlets of Forte Oil/MRS/Mobil/ sell fuel at N250/Litre. Fuel is available in their fuel tanks and some of them refuse to sell.
you are absolutely right
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by bettercreature(m): 7:02am On May 24, 2015
Look at this fools posting as if na today Nigerian government started paying subsidy,you fools should tell us where GEJ kept all ourmoney,GEJ has finally bankrupt Nigerian,this stupiit president spent all our money on his stupid election,GEJ where is our money?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hansad: 7:02am On May 24, 2015
Fuel scarcity did not start this time to kill Nigeria silently. Before this outgoing administration temporarily stopped fuel scarcity, Nigerian rich had started to build filling station inside their high-walled and barbed-wire enclosed compounds.

Until Nigerians let up in their dependency on proceeds from crude oil in the Niger delta for living and restructure the country to fiscal federalism, Nigerians must continue to weep .
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by tete7000(m): 7:03am On May 24, 2015
The marketers are just using strategy to ensure they collect their outstanding debt before this government leaves power. They are not sure of what incoming administration will do, hence they want to reduce their risk. Abi na today government don dey owe dem money?

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by IamThrive(m): 7:04am On May 24, 2015
My question now is:

1. Why did the Federal government recruit a particular group of people to import fuel and claimed to pay them 'subsidy' when there is a ministry of Petroleum they could have used its staff to execute this needful duty they owe Nigerians as they are now suffering for oil they are blessed with and daily news announcing number of barrels being stolen since 1999 till date?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:08am On May 24, 2015
onatisi:
because buhari has refineries in daura abi? Or he has 1trillion naira to import fuel,abi Don't worry ur eyes go soon clear.
Don't quote me except you have something meaningful to say.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by columbus007(m): 7:10am On May 24, 2015
Truth be told,we are a suffering and smiling Nigerians,there are so many countries I know in Africa that wouldn't take these,the future of this great country Nigeria is in our hands,we are not learning to protect these becos of too much of our own I don't care altitude,if I can buy pms for 300naira per litr what abt others who cannot afford it?who's to fight for them?or what if its vice versa?

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by caprini1: 7:11am On May 24, 2015
They've made twice the money they are demanding from inflated prices these past weeks,they should make do with that,greedy and wicked souls!
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by akgbo: 7:11am On May 24, 2015
may Allah deliver this nation from incessant fuel crises am oprimistic buhari will turn around situation
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by onatisi(m): 7:12am On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Don't quote me except you have something meaningful to say.
this is a public forum and ur post isn't ur private property . If u want one go and create ur own forum and secondly alway make intelligent comments and contributions on national issue on a public forum.

5 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by fckmn24seg(m): 7:13am On May 24, 2015
hucienda:
So why were people protesting back in 2012? Their eyes finally 'open' to the truth?

We now see for a fact that this subsidy may hold the fort for the short term but is definitely not sustainable long term.

We need working refineries in-country.

Remember that the price was increased to N140 from n65 and back N97 following the protest, we were promised that the added N32 will be used to fix our refineries, road, hospitals, and a subsidiary bus to ease transportation was bought....

Since 2012 till date no refinery worked, no road fixed,
So what is the masses gaining from the govt?

No power supply, no water, poor health facilities, no road, no salary increments,

SUREP was used to scam unemployed graduate at Ikosi Lagos ibadan express way.

So if we had not protested all the money would have gone down the drain as it isnow, remember crude oil was selling at high prices then in the world market,
Remember the oil thieves and the bribery scandal was never tried in the court.

This govt has failed us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by jorlons(m): 7:13am On May 24, 2015
samx4real:
See there mouth... I remember that year wen people carry there foam, TV from inside there rooms come outside dey protest say make dem no remove subsidy...

I remember very well... Over 98% on nairaland supported it.

Now... Una eyes don clear!

Who is deceiving who?

I love my country jor... Always learning d hard way!

What da phuck are you people saying? Are you lots that forgetful or am I the only one remembering the mismanagement of the money realised from the partial removal of this same subsidy.

So exactly what makes you think Jonathan and his thieving cabals, would have done anything meaningful with money realised from the total removal of subsidy
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hansad: 7:14am On May 24, 2015
buzquet:
I bought 30ltrs of fuel yestaday for 13k!!!!!!!! Na thunder go fire Jonathan n his crew in Jesus name!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked

I talkam before. Tell an average southwestener or northerners that fuel scarcity results from Nigeria's lopsided political structure in a unitary government system which throw up bad leaders who for decades could not fix Nigeria, they will not agree. They shall blame the immediate leader.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Raziii(m): 7:14am On May 24, 2015
hydeka:
So you think God will answer that because He is your errand boy and He does not have more important prayers to attend to abi?
you will be surprised how God will visit them all with thunder!!! Better go and read your bible bro!!! And there is nothing like important prayer ok...cos our God is Omini present God! He is in all place at the same time...if he is not acting...he is only giving them more grace!!! Awww knowing the ways of God is sweet mehn!!!
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by BlackHuman(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2015
Benin Republic, Togo, Cameroun, Kenya-....Dis are poor countries without oil, yet no scarcity how do dey do it?- Learn their method, and copy and paste it in this country. What is it with this country sef?....Are there no adults in this country?- everyone be acting like kids.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Agabi Begs Umar Over Oluyede’s Behavior / Tribute To Alobi Nsor, Doctor Killed In Metele Attack / Criminal Charges Against Bishop Ogunyemi Over Remarks Against El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.