Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook (21563 Views)

Nigerian Arrested In India With Drugs Worth N161 Million / 3 Nigerians Arrested In Vietnam For Conning People Out Of More Than $1.3m / Vietnamese Court Sentences Nigerian To Jail Over Love Scam (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by dridowu: 12:55pm On May 24, 2015
Despite warnings, apparently more and more Vietnamese women have continued to fall prey to these snares

Eluma Fransic Chukwubueze was arrested at a hotel in District 1. Photo credit: Tuoi Tre newspaper

Ho Chi Minh City police arrested Saturday a Nigerian man who allegedly cheated Vietnamese women he befriended on Facebook out of US$7,000.

Eluma Francis Chukwubueze, 37, was arrested at a hotel on Bui Vien Street in District 1.
According to police, he used different names and masqueraded as a rich foreign man.

He flirted with Vietnamese women on Facebook and promised to send them gifts from foreign countries.

But he asked his victims to transfer “shipping fees” into bank accounts he appointed.

In the latest case, a 48-year-old woman in HCMC’s Binh Thanh District was asked to send him $250 in exchange for a gift set of an iPhone 5s, a camera and a laptop.

On May 20, the woman named M. sent him the money.

But then his accomplice, who impersonated as an airport officer, later asked her to send an additional $2,500 as a fine as he said the gift consignment was being held in Malaysia.

M. felt suspicious and called the police, who later arrested the Nigerian man.

Chukwubueze told police he earned around $7,000 in the last four months using the tricks. It is not immediately clear what has happened to his accomplice and how many Vietnamese women he succeeded in cheating.

Such cases have become increasingly common in Vietnam.

Police in Hanoi said they have received a number of complaints from Vietnamese women who claimed that they had been cheated out of money by foreign men on Facebook.

Most of the women are single and were victims of almost the same trick, according to the police.

http://m.thanhniennews.com/society/nigerian-arrested-for-conning-vietnamese-women-on-facebook-43771.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:58pm On May 24, 2015
Greedy Women.

U wan collect hamper of electronic gadget 4 shikini money. That one no say make others no still fall.
Anyways naija boys no dy carry last.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by dridowu: 12:59pm On May 24, 2015
every day is for the thieves and one day is for the owner. He will travel back to Nigeria start forming chairman. lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by gen2briz(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2015
If him come fly back naija, he go come dey form oil and gas manager. . Ole

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by adesegun121(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2015
K
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by aspabay(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2015
These people, always representing

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by naijapips: 1:49pm On May 24, 2015
Yahoo Yahoo Money no dey last. Trust me on that.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by mrvance(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2015
Maga Never Pay..
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by trigar12(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2015
By their NAMES you shall know them undecided

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by abdulskulboy(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2015
Na him sabi
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by mrvance(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2015
post=34050767:
Yahoo Yahoo Money no dey last. Trust me on that.
E be like say u deo well before

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by WhoDeyThere(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2015
G
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Dronedude(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2015
Igbo kwenu.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 24, 2015
The name must always ring a bell.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Thok(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2015
Its the latest scam in town. That was how they nearly conned my sister. She called me and told me a certain 'Friend' of hers was shipping some goods to her which included items such as macbook, iphone 6 and some other things.
At first, I was taken aback on how someone would decide to send some of these expensive items to some1 he doesn't know.

After asking are some questions, I asked her for his Facebook name to know how the padi tight. grin cool ..
When I checked his profile, there were many tell tale signs that it was a fake account.
1 was that all pix he posted of himself had no comment.

The guy chatted with her and told her that she should just pay for the shipping cost of N35,000 , as he had already spent almost all he had to purchase the items. cool
She was even sent a message in the format of
Dear ******, Mr XYZ ****** sent you some goods via our service with parcel flight code(624981XF***),with items:Apple macbook laptop,Apple iPhone 6+,Cloths,Shoes,perfume,wristwatch,golden necklace and envelope.call customer careline on 08073922558 for bulking and delivery service. Thanks for your patronage.

That was when my Igbo brain in a Yoruba skull entered thinking mode.
1st question I asked was how would someone able to purchase such expensive items not be able to pay a shipping fee which is not up to 1/10 of the total price of such goods.

I then advised her that when next he comes online and they chat, she should ask him to snap the items or the receipt of the items and send to her.
When next I asked her about any new development, she said the reply he gave her was that he had already sent the items and forgot to snap them. (Scam sign no 1).

The next advise I gave her was that since the padii talk sey him hold well, she should tell him to pay for the shipping fee, after all na small change for am if he could buy such items. And when she received them, she would pay him back the shipping fee into any account of his choice.

while I was waiting for a new development, the reply he gave her was to totally block her as a friend on Facebook..
[size=23pt]Danburuba Shege..
Na my sister person wan use, abi... e no work.. [/size]

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Braintouch(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2015
And the family will be like "We have a rich uncle living abroad"

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by cupidFlint(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2015
Yahoo boy wey still dey learn work.

Nigerians embarassing Nigeria since the year 10,000 BC

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by cupidFlint(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Pasidon(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2015
seriously these days u can't chat freely with foreigners on social media as a Nigerian .... cos u ve been officially labeled a fraud

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by free2ryhme: 1:52pm On May 24, 2015
shocked

another ibo man again

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Lobolintin(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2015
Snores......
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by chiefinalowo: 1:53pm On May 24, 2015
Chukwubueze is from SE.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by mencade5(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2015
yoruba people will enter this thread and say another thing o.....but if na yoruba man now them no go open this thread.

Tribalistic biiiiitches everywhere.

Am not an igbo man.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by jamex93(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2015
make una stop una no want gree abi

all this Igbo ppl God dey watch una

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Youngzedd(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2015
Maga don hook am.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by cupidFlint(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2015

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by BUSHHUNTER: 1:54pm On May 24, 2015
Flat headed as i expectedgrin

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 24, 2015
Stupid unsatisfied man...
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by cupidFlint(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2015

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook by okooloyun1(m): 1:55pm On May 24, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Ogida, Benin / I Was Paid N20k To Strangle 2 Brothers To Death - Abia Murder Suspect Confesses / Photo Of Pastor Nabbed For Marriage And 4million Naira Scams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.