Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? (5926 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by plaetton: 9:10pm On May 24, 2015
It doesn't take much for Christians to issue atheists with one-way tickets to hell. I always wonder whether these Christians are convinced that atheists will go to hell, or simply venting their own frustrations on atheists.

It makes no sense that anyone should be punished for disbelieving in what is clearly an unprovable proposition.
If the belief in god makes any sense at all, then punishing people, or threatening them with eternal punishment for not believing in the existence of god makes absolutely no sense, and renders the entire belief system suspect.

As far as Christian doctrines tell us, sinners are the ones for whom hell is kept hot and ready.
There is absolutely zero correlation between not believing in god and sinning.
Therefore, all sinners, believers and unbelievers, will go to hell after being judged for their worldly sins.

I would love to hear how 'believing' magically saves one from paying for ones sins.

After all, did Jesus not say " surely as a man soweth, so also shall he reapeth ".?

This means that everyone has to be accountable for their sins.
No get-out-of-jail card because you believe so and so myths, lies, and half truths spoonfed to you by your parents and your environment.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by onetrack(m): 9:29pm On May 24, 2015
We can say with just as much validity that 'God' will welcome the atheists because this world was a test to see who could figure out that religions were all man-made and had nothing to do with god. We could even say that religions are an insult to god in the way that they portray him (he's emotional, temperamental, capricious, vengeful, etc.).

I can't say for sure that God does not exist, but I can sure say that religions are man-made.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by missdebs(f): 9:31pm On May 24, 2015
be speaking grammar there, u'l find out why soon

1 Like

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by texanomaly(f): 9:40pm On May 24, 2015
plaetton:

After all, did Jesus not say " surely as a man soweth, so also shall he reapeth ".?

No get-out-of-jail card because you believe.

I totally agree with the above.

1 Like

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by okotv(m): 9:41pm On May 24, 2015
John 3:3 explains why. Jesus saith unto him, verily verily I say unto you, except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by plaetton: 10:01pm On May 24, 2015
okotv:
John 3:3 explains why. Jesus saith unto him, verily verily I say unto you, except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Firstly, where did Jesus tell you that being" born again" is the same thing as believing in unprovable things ?

" Born again" to me, means letting go of foolish beliefs. It means mental sovereignty, Self awareness, self responsibility and accountability.
Born again could mean shedding old ways of viewing reality, to new , fact based, rational based worldview
This is probably what Jesus meant.
Don't forget that jesus appeared to be trying to steer his people away from ritualistic religion to a more philosophical religion, having himself, I suspect, already greatly influenced by Buddhism and other eastern philosophies.

Secondly, the issue here is whether atheists deserve punishment, not whether they are interested or deserving of the so-called kingdom of god.

It's OK if belief grants you a ticket to god's la la kingdom, but, should disbelief attract eternal torment in hell?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by okotv(m): 10:04pm On May 24, 2015
plaetton:

Firstly, where did Jesus tell you that being" born again" is the same thing as believing in unprovable things ?

" Born again" to me, means letting go of foolish beliefs, mental sovereignty, Self awareness, self responsibility and accountability.
Born again could mean shedding old ways of viewing reality, to new , fact based worldview
This is probably what Jesus meant.

Secondly, the issue here is whether atheists deserve punishment, not whether they are interested or deserving of the so-called kingdom of god.

It's OK if belief grants you a ticket to god's la la kingdom, but, should disbelief attract eternal torment in hell?
You must be born again before you can get to heaven which is every believers goal.

Jesus taught more about hell than water baptism.
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by plaetton: 10:29pm On May 24, 2015
okotv:
You must be born again before you can get to heaven which is every believers goal.

Atheists are not interested in the kingdom of god.
Sin is not equivalent to non belief

9 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by mujahid1339(m): 10:58pm On May 24, 2015
"Who treated religion mockingly and amused themselves with its principles and whom the life of this world had beguiled-On that day We shall forget them just as they forgot the meeting of this day of theirs,and rejected our revelations"(Qur'an 7:51)
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Anas09: 11:16pm On May 24, 2015
If I start now pleatton will insult me and call me all the dispeakable names. But the truth according to the Bible is that. Hell was not created for man. Any man who ends up in hell made that concious choice.
Christians didn't say Atheists will go to hell, what takes u to hell is ur rejection of christ. The free gift of redemption. I know u don't believe in the Bible, but will quote it anyways.
Jn 3:17. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn it, but that through the him(christ) the world might be saved.
18. He that believeth is not condemned,but he that believed not is condemned already, why? Because he has not believed the name of the only begotten son of God.
So u see? Its not weather u r morally upright not. Its accepting or rejecting the gift God offers u free. I could even be that u r more morally upright than I am. But its not abt being morally up right, its accept christ. The difference is that, I accept the free gift, but u reject the gift, u insult and scorn him, because ur logical and intelligent mind can't fathom him.
When I fall, there's a hand to raise me up and say," keeping going but watch so that u won't fall again". He intercedes before the father on my behalf, because he has lived in the flash, he knows what it means to live in the flash. Heb.4:15, for we have not a high priest who is not touched by the feelings of our infirmities(weaknesses) but in all points tempted as we are, yet sinned not. You must not go to hell. It was not and its not meant for u.
But what really scares me is the blasphamy against the holy spirit, that's the only sin that won't be forgiven. I don't know, why not try to avoid being Malignant towards the Holy SPirit. JESUS LOVES U. I love you with all my heart. Godbless you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by menesheh(m): 11:18pm On May 24, 2015
All of us are going to that paradise in the outer space whenever our star (sun cum galazy) explodes which may happen in the next 10000 years ahead cus am not a sinner.

Even if i die then of which i will sure do, i will wake as soon as the heaven opens its gate as the ancient book(Bible) promised and join the queue grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 24, 2015
plaetton:
It doesn't take much for Christians to is issue atheists with one-way tickets to hell. I always wonder whether these Christians are convinced that atheists will go to hell, or simply venting their own frustrations on atheists.

It makes no sense that anyone should be punished for disbelieving in what is clearly an unprovable proposition.
If the belief in god makes any sense at all, then punishing people, or threatening them with eternal punishment for not believing in the existence of god makes absolutely not sense, and renders the entire belief system suspect.

As far as Christian doctrines tell us, sinners are the ones for whom hell is kept hot and ready.
There is absolutely zero correlation between not believing in god and sinning.
Therefore, all sinners, believers and unbelievers will go to hell after being judged for their worldly sins.

I would love to hear how 'believing' magically saves one from paying for ones sins.

No get-out-of-jail card because you believe so and so myths, lies, and half truths spoonfed to you by your parents and your environment.

Have you heard of Blaise Pascal's wager?

The ease and convenience of displacing belief does not give knowledge a fuller brim.

The exercise of choice has always won in the two-surface coin of rational antinomies.If one can't tell the other end,it is then unwise to infer what it is and/or what it is not.
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by plaetton: 11:53pm On May 24, 2015
LuckyG1:

Have you heard of Blaise Pascal's wager?

The ease and convenience of displacing belief does not give knowledge a fuller brim.

The exercise of choice has always won in the two-surface coin of rational antinomies.If one can't tell the other end,it is then unwise to infer what it is and/or what it is not.

As per pascal's wager, such a wager was coined when we knew so little , and feared so much.
No one should accept a belief based upon fear.
The idea that a person is punished for expressing doubt is still the silly ideas of bygone eras.

6 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by GooseBaba: 12:05am On May 25, 2015
Anas09:
If I start now pleatton will insult me and call me all the dispeakable names. But the truth according to the Bible is that. Hell was not created for man. Any man who ends up in hell made that concious choice.
Christians didn't say Atheists will go to hell, what takes u to hell is ur rejection of christ. The free gift of redemption. I know u don't believe in the Bible, but will quote it anyways.
Jn 3:17. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn it, but that through the him(christ) the world might be saved.
18. He that believeth is not condemned,but he that believed not is condemned already, why? Because he has not believed the name of the only begotten son of God.
So u see? Its not weather u r morally upright not. Its accepting or rejecting the gift God offers u free. I could even be that u r more morally upright than I am. But its not abt being morally up right, its accept christ. The difference is that, I accept the free gift, but u reject the gift, u insult and scorn him, because ur logical and intelligent mind can't fathom him.
When I fall, there's a hand to raise me up and say," keeping going but watch so that u won't fall again". He intercedes before the father on my behalf, because he has lived in the flash, he knows what it means to live in the flash. Heb.4:15, for we have not a high priest who is not touched by the feelings of our infirmities(weaknesses) but in all points tempted as we are, yet sinned not. You must not go to hell. It was not and its not meant for u.
But what really scares me is the blasphamy against the holy spirit, that's the only sin that won't be forgiven. I don't know, why not try to avoid being Malignant towards the Holy SPirit. JESUS LOVES U. I love you with all my heart. Godbless you.

How can a gift be FREE. When they're strings attached. There's demonic undertone to this beliefs concept.

Check this out, this is Yaweh speaking direct direct..

Isaiah 43:10..Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Tell me again why any responsible bible devotee would seek the face of christ the corpse.

Also, can you kindly educate me on the validity of "holy" in spirit or ghost. How can one differentiate ordinary spirit from holy spirt..?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Nobody: 12:19am On May 25, 2015
plaetton:

As per pascal's wager, such a wager was coined when we knew so little , and feared so much.
No one should accept a belief based upon fear.
The idea that a person is punished for expressing doubt is still the silly ideas of bygone eras.

Yet,the wager wields not for existence but for essence.Nothing has quite changed.The wager wields not in the contempt of fear.It is normal to have the world on equal surface of apprehension and comprehension,how many things are wrong or right?

If you judge a man with the precedence of fear on essence of his confidence,how then is it true that what your senses hasn't known or modified is true?

Can knowledge without fear prove there is no God or no Hell?

Also,can knowledge without fear prove there is God or hell?

At this point,belief and knowledge synapsed,that whether am afraid or not,the problem is still at the base...

Thus,the place value of belief becomes an exercise of choice in the absent of knowledge providentialism-one can't displace all facts even in the absence of evidences.

Take men by their values!

1 Like

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by plaetton: 4:37am On May 25, 2015
okotv:

Assuming that your statement is true, it still begs the question of what does it truly mean to be born again?
Is it latching on to childish fables, or letting go of childish fables to look inwards, seeking self-awareness, and embracing a rational, fact based worldview ?.

Secondly, for one who does not believe in, let alone wanting to go heaven, the churchtian notion of being born again remains irrelevant.

Thirdly, kind quote where Jesus supposedly taught about hell.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by plaetton: 5:19am On May 25, 2015
Anas09:
But the truth according to the Bible is that. Hell was not created for man.

Kindly show where the bible states that hell was not created for man.
For who was it created for? shocked

Anas09:
Christians didn't say Atheists will go to hell, what takes u to hell is ur rejection of christ. The free gift of redemption.

lol. a rejection of an idea, Christ, earns one a place in hell ?
Lol. Doesn't that sound a tad fishy to you?
and by the way, where is this in the bible?

I find it very very silly that god created the universe, and then 4.7 billion years later, he sends his son to spend 3 yrs confined in one tiny geographical location, to preach , not teach medicine, agriculture, astronomy, free energy physics or jet propulsion systems to blind, ignorant mankind, but to illiterate fishermen and other tent dwelling desert folks, and then same god threatens to put in hell , anyone , even after 2000yrs, who does not accept jesus as saviour (saving us from what we still cannot fathom) .

Anas09:

Now that you quoted the bible, I have to ask you, who wrote the above passage, when, to whom, and under what context?
Is it was not jesus that supposedly said the above, then we should consider it null and void.
The is supposedly in mind of god, telling us what god is supposedly thinking.
The question is , how did he get to know?

Anas09:

lol.

I regret to announce that the above is where faith goes full retard.
This is why I maintain that the Christian religion is the most s.t.u.pi.d religion ever foisted on humans.
despite all the moral teachings of Jesus, despite Jesus repeating that every man must reap what he sowed, here you are, repudiating Jesus himself, by deluding yourself moral uprightness is not part of being christlike, being born again.

How terribly pathetic, silly and dangerous to propound a philosophy where moral uprightness is secondary.
If this was what the early Christians were preaching in 1st century Palestine, then it's not wonder that they were justifiably persecuted and prosecuted . No sane society , even today, can tolerate a philosophical system that preaches the complete abdication of all moral responsibility in this life for a reward in the afterlife.

Its analogous to saying , forget justice and the rule of law now, and just accept Gani as your guarantor in the next life.
this is soooo silly that it amazes me that grown up people still subscribe to this in this day.

Anas09:
When I fall, there's a hand to raise me up and say," keeping going but watch so that u won't fall again". He intercedes before the father on my behalf, because he has lived in the flash, he knows what it means to live in the flash. Heb.4:15, for we have not a high priest who is not touched by the feelings of our infirmities(weaknesses) but in all points tempted as we are, yet sinned not.

Meaningless babble

Anas09:
Who said that blasphemy against the holy spirit shall not be forgiven?
Did Jesus ever mention the holy spirit or was it invented by Paul?

But who blasphemes against an invisible spirit?
Why should the mere words of men hurt the feelings of an invisible spirit dwelling in the invisible spirit world?
This makes no sense.
Sounds like a Disney ogre movie.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by okotv(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2015
plaetton:

Atheists are not interested in the kingdom of god.
Sin is not equivalent to non belief
if you don't believe in God, hellfire straight
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by johnydon22(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2015
[size=20] Heaven or hell? You guys make it seem as if that is an easy choice. seating there in paradise drinking milk and honey knowing fully well that billions are burning and you can do nothing to help.
I can not stay in a place like that cus it will be the same as hell for me. My morality can never allow me seat and watch while others burn, i would be there fighting god and his angels to let me out to at least try and help, i for one cannot bring myself to be happy when others are burning. and anybody or any god who would watch people burn is a barbaric saddist. . . Heaven is for hypocrites [/size]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 25, 2015
missdebs:
be speaking grammar there, u'l find out why soon

Sister, we are all going to hell in every other religion. Think about it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 25, 2015
okotv:
if you don't believe in God, hellfire straight

If u don't believe in FSM, hellfire straight.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Anas09: 10:46am On May 25, 2015
@ pleatton, I guess its a waste of time responding to u. And as for blaspheming against the holy spirit. Here are the words of Christ Himself Matt 12:31-32. Wherefore I say unto you. All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men niether in this world or in the world to come.
Anyway goodluck with ur war against God. Just know there's a meeting point. U didn't bring urself here, u can't determine how or wen u shall leave here, when u do, u shall face him.
@Johny. Ah na wao. But sitting in heaven sipping milk while others burn in hell? But right now you have been provided with that choice of ending up sitting and sipping that milk instead of burning in hell, what r u doing wif that choice Biko?
Wait a minute. So you are saying that men should not take responsibility for their actions, good or bad? Chei but that's not fair. Haven received christ, am made to leave all life's pleasures and walk in the spirit. But u r enjoying ur sex as u like. because u don't belive in God, u don't owe him any explaination as to how u live ur life.
My dear, believe it or not. We will account for how we conducted our lives here on earth. If u don't want to burn in hell receive Christ now.
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by pesty100(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2015
Anas09:
@ pleatton, I guess its a waste of time responding to u. And as for blaspheming against the holy spirit. Here are the words of Christ Himself Matt 12:31-32. Wherefore I say unto you. All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men niether in this world or in the world to come.
Anyway goodluck with ur war against God. Just know there's a meeting point. U didn't bring urself here, u can't determine how or wen u shall leave here, when u do, u shall face him.
@Johny. Ah na wao. But sitting in heaven sipping milk while others burn in hell? But right now you have been provided with that choice of ending up sitting and sipping that milk instead of burning in hell, what r u doing wif that choice Biko?
Wait a minute. So you are saying that men should not take responsibility for their actions, good or bad? Chei but that's not fair. Haven received christ, am made to leave all life's pleasures and walk in the spirit. But u r enjoying ur sex as u like. because u don't belive in God, u don't owe him any explaination as to how u live ur life.
My dear, believe it or not. We will account for how we conducted our lives here on earth. If u don't want to burn in hell receive Christ now.
appeal to force
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by onetrack(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2015
Anas09:

Last year I blasphemed the Holy Spirit in several different ways here on nairaland in order to get Christians to stop trying to save me. It didn't work because they kept telling me that whatever I did was not technically blasphemy and therefore I could still be saved. I could not win, no matter what I said about the Holy Spirit. When I asked what counted as blasphemy (so that I could do it grin ) they said they didn't really know. cry

And, to keep the Muslims from trying to convert me, I also hereby declare myself to be a partner of Allah, thereby committing the unforgivable sin in Islam.

Are there any other religions that have the notion of an unforgivable sin so that I can do it now and get it over with?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by ebamma(m): 1:28pm On May 25, 2015
If King David who bleeped Uriah's wife and sent him to the battlefield to die could make heaven
That means that hell might be a place for the good guys then
I love the idea of being in hell though
Atleast the will be real guys there not hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Anas09: 1:38pm On May 25, 2015
Hmmmm. Onetrack. Na waooo. I rest my case where u r.
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Orunto: 1:45pm On May 25, 2015
Athiest won't go to hell if he is generally GOOD!!!!
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Ranchhoddas: 2:00pm On May 25, 2015
onetrack:

Last year I blasphemed the Holy Spirit in several different ways here on nairaland in order to get Christians to stop trying to save me. It didn't work because they kept telling me that whatever I did was not technically blasphemy and therefore I could still be saved. I could not win, no matter what I said about the Holy Spirit. When I asked what counted as blasphemy (so that I could do it grin ) they said they didn't really know. cry

And, to keep the Muslims from trying to convert me, I also hereby declare myself to be a partner of Allah, thereby committing the unforgivable sin in Islam.

Are there any other religions that have the notion of an unforgivable sin so that I can do it now and get it over with?
see liver...

1 Like

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Rilwayne001: 2:00pm On May 25, 2015
Anas09:
f Matt 12:31-32. Wherefore I say unto you. All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men niether in this world or in the world to come.

Are there more than one holy spirit ?
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by hahn(m): 2:13pm On May 25, 2015
With this comment, you mean to say that even mujahid1339 despite his rantings above you will also go to hell. Nice to know

Anas09:
Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:43pm On May 25, 2015
Op, you are talking as if Hell is a bad place
The worst thing that can happen to anyone is to be in heaven

1 Like

Re: Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell? by Rilwayne001: 2:52pm On May 25, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Op, you are talking as if Hell is a bad place
The worst thing that can happen to anyone is to be in heaven

Wayray omo ibo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Can Explain This Verse - Proverbs 17:8 ? / Biometric Verification Number + National ID Card With Mastercard = 666! SAY NO!! / BBC Investigation Unveils Late Nigerian Pastor, TB Joshua’s Atrocities, Life Of

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.