Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,430 members, 7,861,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid (28572 Views)

3 PDP Members Arrested By Soldiers In Rivers Rerun (pics) / Militants Kill Three Soldiers In Nembe, Disguised As Mourners (Graphic Pics) / Newly Recruited Soldiers In Borno Take To The Streets To Show Their "Color".PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by oweman: 6:04am On May 25, 2015
Islie:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/boko-haram-overpoweres-soldiers-in-deadly-maiduguri-raid/

The incoming government will have to restructure the Nigerian military establishment totally.as what is presently called the Nigeria defence is not worth the name all we have now is a bunch of uniform wearing felows whose weapons are like sugarcane sticks to them they know close to nothing except rantings on facebook , nairaland and burukutu drinking -
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by free2ryhme: 6:08am On May 25, 2015
Islie:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/boko-haram-overpoweres-soldiers-in-deadly-maiduguri-raid/

To believe I did my youth service in so quiet a village now become an attack for boko haram is disheartening.

These people are peace loving and accommodating now boko haram has turned it into a ghost town.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Smartresult(f): 6:31am On May 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I s l a m a b a d
SHEGIYA ARNE
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by jazzy4naija(m): 6:36am On May 25, 2015
mistypiper:
So much for a country as blessed as Nigeria...A country where stealing has become normal thing to do, despite the 1billion dollar the government borrowed.

Stealing is not corruption - GEJ

Guys...I have a confession to make....although I still remain a strong APC
supporter...
But GEJ was right when he said Stealing is not Corruption, and he truly
quoted the fmr CJN...it is unfortunate that GEJ never asked the for CJ n to
explain that statement...hence it sounded foolish when GEJ tried to explain it.
Read my simple explanation from the CJN's perspective.
According to the laws of Nigeria, stealing/theft is a serious offence where the
convict has no option of fine, but must be sentenced to 7yrs in prison on every
count. E.g the poor guy who stole Aregbesola's phone was charged for
stealing...he got 49yrs in jail straight on
Corruption on the other hand, according to the law, funny enough...is not a
serious offence, so the convict has an option of fine at the rate of 25,000naira
for every 1million naira "acquired corruptly"(not stolen...imagine)
So, if you charge somebody to court for stealing...he will be given 7yrs atleast
But if you charge him for corruption or what they now call money
"laundering"...he gets a very funny punishment.
So the CJN was like "see...all those cases you people call corruption
cases...they r purely stealing cases...sending them to court as corruption
cases will not help you stop stealing.... Your excellency, stealing is not
corruption, atleast until the anti corruption laws are amended by a non-corrupt
legistlature"
This is my understanding...not quoting them verbatim...I hope we now
agree...According to our laws...stealing is not corruption
This is what a fellow nairalander wrote n I concur
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Friedthunder(m): 6:43am On May 25, 2015
blesseddivah:
lmao.. their ish
mumu pikin
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Ifeconwaba(m): 6:43am On May 25, 2015
mascot87:
The retard @ Aso rock should just hand over now. angry
which slowpoke? Is he the one killing them. For me this is the karma of what thier forefathers did to my people the biafrans during the civil war. I stiil maintain i regret been in the same counry with this jihadist
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by jossyj: 6:52am On May 25, 2015
searider:
Boko haram is killing our people everyday and the northern elders are seeking for amnesty for them. Do they seem like people who need amnesty let alone laying down their arms?

I would urge the Buhari administration to investigate those northern elders. They must confess their stake on boko haram insurgency.

How can he investigate his own boys.
Or don't you know God is trying to punish the north for killing innocent children of God in the past. The norther elders created this monsters that's ravaging them now.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Jaycool18(m): 7:12am On May 25, 2015
mistypiper:
So much for a country as blessed as Nigeria...A country where stealing has become normal thing to do, despite the 1billion dollar the government borrowed.

Stealing is not corruption - GEJ
an attack on boko harm is an attack on the north -buhari
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Jaycool18(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2015
Velocitron:

Nice point @the bolded. It looks like they have garnered international support from wealthy extremists who provide them with such heavy ammunition. The problem now is to somehow cut the weapon supply chain, identify these people and bring them to book, regardless of how powerful they are.
in Nigeria? forget it..
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by GbengaJimoh(m): 7:18am On May 25, 2015
Buhari people
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by adonis89(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2015
prettyboi1:

What a slowpoke you are. undecided
because u don't reason datz y u love Buhari. Anyway ur black and I expect ur low sense of reasoning. U were all here wen bh made Buhari their chief negotiator, same Buhari Said attack against bh is an attack against the north. And ur telling me he knows nothing about bh.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Jaycool18(m): 7:23am On May 25, 2015
Normality:

As long as the Arab countries are in constant fight and wars, weapons will be amass and easy to get, thru Libya or Sudan or Tuareg rebels, it gets to them. Now that they are part of ISIS, their weapons cache is almost infinity. They can easily get funded by Arab oligarchs and logistics provided for them by ISIS.

Boko won't stop anytime soon, from the look of things. People who started it has lost control of it and can't tame it again.
Buhari knows how it started and what they used it for, ask him, and am serious about it!
plain truth
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 7:23am On May 25, 2015
So sad...
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by ayd91(m): 7:24am On May 25, 2015
The headline says Maiduguri but the news reads
" Scores of Islamist militants in trucks and on motorcycles stormed the town of Gubio, 95 kilometres (60 miles) by road north of the state capital, Maiduguri, on Saturday night."

The headline makes it seem like the state capital was actually overrun. This is clearly an example of treason. What's up with the Boko propaganda?
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by nasty45(m): 8:06am On May 25, 2015
blesseddivah:
lmao..
their ish
nne afo ayaya kpa.., sigh
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Halaz(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I s l a m a b a d
you are Islamaphobia ... you would'never understand.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 8:42am On May 25, 2015
Velocitron:

Quick question: in your opinion, how do you think BH 'recruits' young people to join their cause, and why do you think the government refused to take terrorism seriously until it got out of hand?

Go through the timeline of all that have happened since BH started, answers to your questions are there.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Hero10001: 8:44am On May 25, 2015
Firefire:
Last fight before they get amnesty.

With the way things are going, amnesty is certain.
BH network is too strong for the attenuated army coupled with politicking and big sponsors.
wish i could join BH a day to the amnesty jackpot!
Chai!!
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Bluffly: 8:53am On May 25, 2015
IdiAmin1:
It seems this terrorism has really come to stay in Nigeria.

All we have to do now is cut their supplies and arrest the sponsors b'cos from what I'm seeing, Nigeria army is wasting resources killing people who have already condemned themselves to death.

Once they are out of ammunition, they will resort to carrying matchets which will make them vulnerable.

God will purnish all their sympathisers. undecided

Truth. Fighting terrorism is not through conventional war tactics but intelligence gathering and hacking down of their source of finances and fire powers. It is just unfortunate that online banking can't work in Nigeria at the moment, if not that aspect to can be used to trace funding. Well, there is a "one day" for everything to begin and to stop and then commence and then halt and then progress.... I believe. I wonder what NIA and DIA are doing alongside SSS to hack down their sponsors. While the Nigerian military are on the field battling fire to fire, these other agencies are meant to be tracking down their sponsors.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by wahihi(m): 8:59am On May 25, 2015
adonis89:
arrest which sponsor? D sponsor u voted as president or wat
Dont mind them.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by wahihi(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2015
I WONDER WHAT BUHARI IS WAITING FOR BEFORE CALLING HIS BOYS TO ORDER ELECTION HAVE BE RIG IN HIS FAVOUR BUT HE STILL ALLOW HIS BOYS TO KILL INNOCENT SOUL. HMMM I WONDER WHAT HIS GOVERNMENT WILL LOOK LIKE.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Litmus: 9:39am On May 25, 2015
And in the short term Nigeria needs to get rid of Chadian military from Nigeria. It was stupid to invite them in the first place, get rid of them.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 9:51am On May 25, 2015
IdiAmin1:
It seems this terrorism has really come to stay in Nigeria.

All we have to do now is cut their supplies and arrest the sponsors b'cos from what I'm seeing, Nigeria army is wasting resources killing people who have already condemned themselves to death.

Once they are out of ammunition, they will resort to carrying matchets which will make them vulnerable.

God will purnish all their sympathisers. undecided

Boko haram has some sort of international backing. I am even beginning to suspect that they could be soldiers from neighbouring countries.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by akinjuly77(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2015
QUESTION OF THE DAY!
If you get the answer right, I swear you are a super genius. N200 Airtime for you! get the airtime wen u visit - www.africansgist.com now

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex?

One can understand when you are still both single and not sure if marriage will happen.

But after tieing the knot and become husband and wife, some women still expect their husband to beg for intimacy or uses sex as a bait to get something from the husband. Many women today still does not initiate sex even when they crave it.
Why then get married?

Make sure you Add your Comments here www.africansgist.com to get Rewarded 200 Airtime for Your Active Comments
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Firefire(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2015
Hero10001:

With the way things are going, amnesty is certain.
BH network is too strong for the attenuated army coupled with politicking and big sponsors.
wish i could join BH a day to the amnesty jackpot!
Chai!!

shocked shocked

What of the stigmatization ?
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Bimpe29: 10:22am On May 25, 2015
What is it nah? This is taking forever to crush the wicked BH.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Originalsly: 10:58am On May 25, 2015
Hmmm..... according to one resident they spent 6 hours in the town shooting and burning before withdrawing. According to one military source.... reinforcements killed many and drove them out....drove them to the outskirt of the town and let them find their way back to camp? Some news.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by blesseddivah(f): 11:29am On May 25, 2015
lmao..

faulter..

kpele o.
hehe

vimi:

I fault ur comments, kindly modify. Regards
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by blesseddivah(f): 11:29am On May 25, 2015
ur my mentor ni.
Friedthunder:
mumu pikin
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by blesseddivah(f): 11:30am On May 25, 2015
nasty45:
nne afo ayaya kpa.., sigh

lol..
sosongo

I spell well :v
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Friedthunder(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2015
blesseddivah:
ur my mentor ni.
awesome
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by nasty45(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2015
blesseddivah:

lol..
sosongo

I spell well :v
u try.... Mbok di koot ette mi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi, Today - See Photos / Future Is Female: Men Have Failed, Let The Women Rule At Political Level / Nigerian Soldier Shot Dead In The North(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.