Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! (6004 Views)

See Wat Ds Final Year Students Of Nekede Posted / Finally Revealed, 'the Reason Some People Cannot Make Jamb' (pics) / 7 Easy Ways On How To Improve Your Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! by jerrysinger247(m): 5:44am On May 25, 2015
Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed!
The most difficult part of writing a Final Year Project (FYP) is often 'where to begin'. After your topic is finally approved, you need to master and keep these tips in mind as a guide towards a successful final year project writing.

1. Study Background: Discuss the need for your study, its relevance by linking the main variable together in a clear terms.

2. Statement of problem: The main reason why you are conducting a research on the chosen topic.

3. Significance of the study: Relevance of your study at conclusion or outcome and its benefits to key actors.

4. Scope: Area of concentration or target of your study. Which group, individual, period or events do you intend to study.

5. Key terms: Variables often used in the study must be explained in the researchers own word line with the study.

6. Literature Review: Comprise of conceptual framework which entails a model of your work and theoretical framework which deals with an existing theory related to your study. Read various studies related to your work and lift important quotes, views and findings and cite authors.

7. Methodology: Entails steps taken to accomplish your study. Determine your study population, research design, what measure of the population will form your sample size and how do you determine that, will questionnaire, interview or statement of account, CBN bulletin be used as your research instrument or what? Lastly, how would you analyze your data? Regression, correlation, chi-square or what?

It is probably better to think of the whole of your final year project as essentially answering a question rather than researching a field.
Now that your mind is blown and almost all your research needs are met, why not take action today. Remember, your supervisor is more than ready to help you succeed, don't let them down, they love you, do well to stick to their best advice and the sky will be your starting point.

For free consultation on your personal and corporate research need, feel free to touch base me through any of my contacts below. I welcome your comments or testimonies. Till I come your way in my next edition, I wish you all the success in your research endevours.

Jerry-Singer
An Avid Researcher & Business Consultant/ Inspirational Speaker/ Online Business Developer
Founder: www.nigeriaonlinehomebusiness.com

Contacts: 07033347547, 08090897069/ Pin:280E1758
Jerrysingeronline@gmail.com
Facebook: diplomaticjerrysinger@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! by Nobody: 5:49am On May 25, 2015
Nice one. It would work also for thesis/project for Msc also. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! by jerrysinger247(m): 1:52am On Jul 10, 2015
What Type of Research Should I Conduct?

Great Achiever,

When one knows how research is done, then one may have the satisfaction of acquiring a new intellectual tool which can become a way of looking at the world and of judging every day experience. Accordingly, it enables us to make intelligent decisions concerning problems facing us in practical life at different points of time. Understanding the type of research you desire to do will save you countless time searching for solution endlessly. I have made the work easier for you by explaining the various types your research can take, chose the best suitable choice that meets your heart desire. Here are the types of research;

1. Descriptive vs Analytical Research:
The purpose of descriptive research is to describe the state of affair exactly the way they exist at the time of research. You can only report what has happen or what is happening and nothing more. Meanwhile, for analytical research on the other hand, the researcher has to use facts or information already available, and analyze these to make a critical evaluation of the material.

2. Applied vs Fundamental Research
Finding solution to an immediate problem is what applied research is all about. While fundamental research deals with generalizations, and more especially the formulation of theories.

3. Quantitative vs Qualitative Research
Quantitative research is more of a primary study which takes the form of questionnaire, focus group. Its intention is to gather opinion from respondents from a particular programme, product, services or happenings on a scale. While qualitative deals with the research which focused on secondary data like statement of account, CBN report, content analysis e.t.c.

4. Conceptual vs Empirical Research
Conceptual research deals with some kind of abstract ideas/theory. It is often used by philosophers and thinkers to develop new concepts or reinterpret existing ones. Empirical research do not often deal with theory and has no regard for systems.

Other types of research which are not that common to you may include; one-time research or longitudinal research, field-setting research or laboratory research, simulation research, clinical or diagnostic research. For my history friends, they often dive into “Historical Research”.

Hope this article has helped to narrow your research need, if so, kindly share with a friend.

To your research success

Yours in Service

Jerry-Singer
Research Analyst/Relationship Strategist/Business & Career Mentor
Pin: 7d7ebefb/ Whatsapp: 07033347547

1 Like

Re: Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! by jerrysinger247(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Literature Review and Chapter Two: What Is My Chapter Two All About?

Great Achiever,

Often times students become more confused than expected due to inexperience in conducting their research. I have taken my time to outline little info your chapter two is expected to contain, I hope you enjoy it.
1. Title: title your chapter should carry is “Literature Review and Theoretical Framework"
2. Introduction: Introduce the chapter and what is expected of this chapter should be in bullet point
3. Body of Chapter two: Your chapter two should be written with this captions below
Conceptual framework – constructs should be explained here in line with the topic in focus
Theoretical framework – examine related theories to your present study, atleast two theories should be examined
Empirical review – related works that have been done in relation to your present study, what did they study, what is the name(s) of the author, what was their finding and recommendations
Relevant of the theory to the study – this is very important, relate the quoted theory in line with your present study. I mean, you should tell us how it apply to your study
Summary of literature reviewed.

Hope this article was helpful, if yes, kindly share with a friend, let's propagate knowledge and not encourage ignorant among great elites like you, thanks for trusting my content today.

To your research success

Yours in Service

Jerry-Singer
Research Analyst/Inspiration Speaker/Relationship Strategist/Business & Career Mentor
Pin: 7d7ebefb/ Whatsapp: 07033347547

Kindness cost nothing, kindly share this article if it really blessed you now!

1 Like

Re: Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! by slimbigfine: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
At SLIMBIGFINE, you can do your project as low as #15,000 - #20,000. You are expected to pay 60% of the money and pay the remaining 40% when your project is been approved.
We will also teach you how to defend the project. For assistance, please call 07032132745, 08039179344
Re: Final Year Project Writing Tips Finally Revealed In 7 Easy Steps! by Gammfreak(m): 7:15am On Apr 22, 2022
I actually did mine with the help of a pro. After my supervisor finished rejecting my work up to 3times, I had to contact them and therein, was assisted succinctly.

You can chat +2349017789182 on whatsapp to reach out to them. You can also download their app on play store for assistance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do With A Degree In Library And Information Science / Little Girl Discloses Reason,why She Used An ATM Light To Do Her Assignment / When Nigerian Degrees Were Worth The Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.