Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (790291 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
keskolukens:
Good morning sir, please i want to find out the capacity of generator that'll comfortable carry the loads i have

Electric bulb (always on)
Pressing iron (only on demand max twice a week)
Mini fridge with freezer (100watts, nexus nx-130, 85litres. always on)
led tv, home theatre (always on)
washing machine (5.5kg, just twice a week)

Please advice me on the best brand and kva. Thanks.

while using the washing machine, will the fridge be on, if yes go get elepaq 38000 (3.5kva)gen. if no just get 25000(2.5kva)
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ayodot(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2016
ayodot:
Hello Enochogaga,
You doing a very nice work here, people like are you are uncommon.
My generator oil drain during use, it was stopped and fixed the following day. What i however noticed when the techician was fixing it was that, he just cut a carton paper and used it to pack something. He told me that the carton paper will be ok that it was the oil seal that got damage.

For some days now, i observed that there is always oil on the floor of the generator area. The oil observed is increasing the more the generator is being used. Please how can this be corrected. I don't want the generator to have serious fault because its a new generator.

cc: enochogaga
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by OCTAVO: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2016
Have you guys heard of Parsun Generators?

They are very strong, durable, reliable and consumes lesser fuel.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by pkkpro: 10:18am On Aug 16, 2016
OCTAVO:
Have you guys heard of Parsun Generators?

They are very strong, durable, reliable and consumes lesser fuel.
I have one consumed much fuel n durability? Nope maintained three times considering d fact dat I run it occasionally.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by OCTAVO: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2016
pkkpro:

I have one consumed much fuel n durability? Nope maintained three times considering d fact dat I run it occasionally.

Well, I run mine every evening for minimum of 2hrs30mins on a daily average. Powers my refrigerator and other electronics simultaneously, powers my washing machine once a week, also powers my pumping machine once a week. I use 15 litres fuel weekly.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 10:46am On Aug 16, 2016
ayodot:
Hello Enochogaga,
You doing a very nice work here, people like are you are uncommon.
My generator oil drain during use, it was stopped and fixed the following day. What i however noticed when the techician was fixing it was that, he just cut a carton paper and used it to pack something. He told me that the carton paper will be ok that it was the oil seal that got damage.

For some days now, i observed that there is always oil on the floor of the generator area. The oil observed is increasing the more the generator is being used. Please how can this be corrected. I don't want the generator to have serious fault because its a new generator.

hmmm, just cant say anyting about ur engineer, but using paper is unprefesional,

but dripping of oil frm ur engine is caused by,(1) bad oil seals and free allowance of oil seal sitting.
now if the fault is number(1). oil seal need to be change, and the oil seal need to be coil with thread tape to cover the allowance in oil sitting. dont used any gum of any type, to fist oil seal.

(2). if ur valve cover as fault, or the valve casket, all u need to do is to check if is the valve casket, if it just change it, same to the valve cover, but the valve cover as faut u will see the oil driping frm the cabrator cover.

lastly is the engine bolt, if the engine bolt is not properly tight, the bolt will loose due to the vibration of the gen, and when the bolt looses, the cran case casket will spill out, and oil will be leaking frm there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Spy360(m): 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
enochogaga:

if goes.off slowly then is ur cab, there is no enough fuel in the cab, i think ur cab need service.
Oga prof, my own problem is that the gen will suddenly fire high then low causing the voltage to increase. I have changed the capacitor and the cab but still no improvements. What should I do next please.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Spy360:

Oga prof, my own problem is that the gen will suddenly fire high then low causing the voltage to increase. I have changed the capacitor and the cab but still no improvements. What should I do next please.

am trying to get u here, u know is not all fault that who is not an engineer can explain, am trying to get u if the gen is overhearting fault, or cab fault, but among this two, i need to no know how it goes off, and after off does it start when u want to start it again.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Spy360(m): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
enochogaga:

am trying to get u here, u know is not all fault that who is not an engineer can explain, am trying to get u if the gen is overhearting fault, or cab fault, but among this two, i need to no know how it goes off, and after off does it start when u want to start it again.
It does not overheat and it does not go off unless I lower the governor very low.

It fluctuates voltage high and low, when high the gen will shout. I tried to adjust the governor but if I raise it will be shouting and if I lower it the voltage will reduce and the gen will off.

Sorry I am trying hard to explain. Thank you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ayodot(m): 1:53am On Aug 17, 2016
enochogaga:

hmmm, just cant say anyting about ur engineer, but using paper is unprefesional,

but dripping of oil frm ur engine is caused by,(1) bad oil seals and free allowance of oil seal sitting.
now if the fault is number(1). oil seal need to be change, and the oil seal need to be coil with thread tape to cover the allowance in oil sitting. dont used any gum of any type, to fist oil seal.

(2). if ur valve cover as fault, or the valve casket, all u need to do is to check if is the valve casket, if it just change it, same to the valve cover, but the valve cover as faut u will see the oil driping frm the cabrator cover.

lastly is the engine bolt, if the engine bolt is not properly tight, the bolt will loose due to the vibration of the gen, and when the bolt looses, the cran case casket will spill out, and oil will be leaking frm there.

Thanks a lot Bro,
The Technician a fixed the generator by changing the 2 oil seals at both sides. but still used paper to pack the seals instead of a thread tape (That's before i got to see your reply). The generator working fine for now, I'll insist he come an replace it with a thread tape.

Thanks Bro
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:12am On Aug 17, 2016
ayodot:

Thanks a lot Bro,
The Technician a fixed the generator by changing the 2 oil seals at both sides. but still used paper to pack the seals instead of a thread tape (That's before i got to see your reply). The generator working fine for now, I'll insist he come an replace it with a thread tape.

Thanks Bro

no dont tell him to come and use thread tape, rather tell him the gen is still dripping oil. let him come and check first to see what is the cause of the oil leakage, pls we engineer's dont like costumer telling us wat to do, so pls dont tell him to use thread tape, let him just do what he knows.

and is very hard to remove an oil seal frm engine,and still use it again, is likely to spoil while removing oil seal

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:16am On Aug 17, 2016
Spy360:

It does not overheat and it does not go off unless I lower the governor very low.

It fluctuates voltage high and low, when high the gen will shout. I tried to adjust the governor but if I raise it will be shouting and if I lower it the voltage will reduce and the gen will off.

Sorry I am trying hard to explain. Thank you.

ok now i really get u, bro u will low it frm under the tank side, and increase it frm the cab side, just this and get back to me about the outcome
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Spy360(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2016
enochogaga:

ok now i really get u, bro u will low it frm under the tank side, and increase it frm the cab side, just this and get back to me about the outcome
I did what you said but the gen reduce voltage and stopped slowly. But when I adjust the choke it became a bit steady. It was also making noise unlike before. What do you think is wrong with it? Thanks alot bro.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AdeOracle(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2016
@enochogaga,...gen prof,morning
it seems most engine oil sold these days are fake,...i got a litre of a branded and sealed engine oil but you wont believe my gen is wetting the spark plug,...an engr advised i drain the oil and change the spark plug ASAP. what type of engine oil do you suggest?

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2016
Spy360:

I did what you said but the gen reduce voltage and stopped slowly. But when I adjust the choke it became a bit steady. It was also making noise unlike before. What do you think is wrong with it? Thanks alot bro.

bro is ur cab, nothing else, if u service the cab and it still thesame, change the cab, but also check the valve to see if is ok.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2016
AdeOracle:
@enochogaga,...gen prof,morning
it seems most engine oil sold these days are fake,...i got a litre of a branded and sealed engine oil but you wont believe my gen is wetting the spark plug,...an engr advised i drain the oil and change the spark plug ASAP. what type of engine oil do you suggest?

i do use a-z oil
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ayodot(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2016
enochogaga:

no dont tell him to come and use thread tape, rather tell him the gen is still dripping oil. let him come and check first to see what is the cause of the oil leakage, pls we engineer's dont like costumer telling us wat to do, so pls dont tell him to use thread tape, let him just do what he knows.

and is very hard to remove an oil seal frm engine,and still use it again, is likely to spoil while removing oil seal

Thanks for advice. More blessing, more grease to your elbow
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Spy360(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2016
enochogaga:

bro is ur cab, nothing else, if u service the cab and it still thesame, change the cab, but also check the valve to see if is ok.
I serviced the old cab, problem continued. Then I changed to a new cab, it still continued. May be its the valve.

What is valve? Is is the pipe that carries fuel to cab? Or the tap.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
Spy360:

I serviced the old cab, problem continued. Then I changed to a new cab, it still continued. May be its the valve.

What is valve? Is is the pipe that carries fuel to cab? Or the tap.

hope is that small tiger gen, if yes, the valve is where u tight ur cab to
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AdeOracle(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
enochogaga:

i do use a-z oil

Total engine oil nko?
I noticed its not the spec indicated in our engine manual we use,... gen is supposed to use SAE10w30 but we normally use SAE20w50 and the likes.
why
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Spy360(m): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
enochogaga:

hope is that small tiger gen, if yes, the valve is where u tight ur cab to
Thanks prof.

Please is the valve something an apprentice like me can handle? cheesy
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
AdeOracle:

Total engine oil nko?
I noticed its not the spec indicated in our engine manual we use,... gen is supposed to use SAE10w30 but we normally use SAE20w50 and the likes.
why

ok then, but the best engine oil is sea horse but very costly
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2016
Spy360:

Thanks prof.

Please is the valve something an apprentice like me can handle? cheesy

am not sure apprentice can handel it, cos it as a setting, but i will advice u to take the gen to an engineer.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Spy360(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2016
enochogaga:

am not sure apprentice can handel it, cos it as a setting, but i will advice u to take the gen to an engineer.
Thank you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AdeOracle(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2016
enochogaga:

ok then, but the best engine oil is sea horse but very costly

How much
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Scharck(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
enochogaga:

sorry for the late response, just too busy in office, i do normally get tired when i get home, but i still try and make sure i reply all drop comments.

now is not rite to start ur gen or put ur gen on at first start, while ur load or applainces are connected to the gen,

when u start ur gen leave it to run like 2-3 munite, before powering ur load, now if u change the oil and top the tank and the stalling still persist, then ur valves are linking.

Thanks sir but I believe I mentioned I let it warm up before transferring load onto it. Anyway, the culprit was the AC. It has been fixed and the gen works fine now. Thanks once again.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Macdon4ryl: 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
God bless you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
Macdon4ryl:
God bless you engr, I use a small gen, i pass my neighbor birlayamaha, its a new gen, it works for like 20mins then the gen goes off with a high and heavy noice. What can be the solution sir. Its jt 2weeks old gen.

u fail to mixed the fuel with enough oil. and now ur gen is overheating, what u will do is to increase ur oil, ur gen will run properly,if only the rings as not gum with the piston, if the overheating is still there, then u have to free the rings frm the piston cup.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by inze(m): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
Good day Mr G,

I really appreciate your effort on this forum. Just got a new Sumec Firman 3800E2 (2800). 2.8kva is the output right?

Now i screwed that black screw by the carburetor tight (found out it has not been tight). I will like to know how to lower the output/speed of the generator.

1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by abbeyboy2o15(m): 8:30am On Aug 22, 2016
enochogaga:

u fail to mixed the fuel with enough oil. and now ur gen is overheating, what u will do is to increase ur oil, ur gen will run properly,if only the rings as not gum with the piston, if the overheating is still there, then u have to free the rings frm the piston cup.
can a generator of the spec carry a 3 bedroom with other equipment like fridge, tv, and others .

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 10:06am On Aug 22, 2016
inze:
Good day Mr G,

I really appreciate your effort on this forum. Just got a new Sumec Firman 3800E2 (2800). 2.8kva is the output right?

Now i screwed that black screw by the carburetor tight (found out it has not been tight). I will like to know how to lower the output/speed of the generator.

frm the black rubber screw on the cabrator, and frm that screw under the tank on top of the starter.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2016
abbeyboy2o15:
can a generator of the spec carry a 3 bedroom with other equipment like fridge, tv, and others .

yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.