Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (789978 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:34am On Jul 08, 2020
MrSharply:
Greetings everyone What's the best liquid solution to clean air filter?
fuel, later soaked in detergent water, dry and replace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2020
fineboynl:
which oil do you use in your generator? I was advised not to use measurements oil. but sealed oil of 1200. it's particularly not viable as I would need to change oil every now and then.

is it that bad to use measurements oil?

if u love yourself, use the well refined oil. Don't use measurement oil
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:41am On Jul 08, 2020
aieromon:

If you must buy measured oil, purchase from Total filling stations. A large percentage of these roadside oils are just base oils, adulterated with diesel, mostly recycled and have no lubricant properties. Don't let the phone number of a generator technician be amongst the most dialled entries on your phone.

Good luck with your choice.

https://www.independent.ng/will-nigeria-win-war-against-circulation-of-fake-lubricants/

He who have ear should listen to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2020
dreaizy:
My generator always turns off when there still over 1 litre of fuel inside it. the gen is less than 6 months old and it has been like this since I bought it.

Are u sure the fuel is over 1litre before it off, if it's by removing the net in the tank to view the fuel content in the tank, it can be deceiving and not accurate. place your generator at equilibrium.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:53am On Jul 08, 2020
suco01:

Are u sure the fuel is over 1litre before it off, if it's by removing the net in the tank to view the fuel content in the tank, it can be deceiving and not accurate.
This has been the case with my Tec Major from day one, its well over a litre if you remove the net, but it goes off. I just left it that way, maybe it has to do with safety.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2020
suco01:

if u love yourself, use the well refined oil. Don't use measurement oil
which oil do you advice.? I have been using jezco oil. it does seem to look like fake and greenish.

the engine shirt oil and oil is coming out from the air filter. is this normal?

is jezco oil good?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
is my elepaq fake?

it short oil?

the elepaq is not crested. but a sticker.
it's EC6800CX rated as 2.5kw and not in kva.
the seller claims it's 3.5kva. I haven't had any issues except oil shortage and oil found at the air filters.

it's charges my power bank, phone and laptop really fast compared to PHCN light or other Generator I have changed from. my power bank if 30000Mah that strongles for hours to charge from other Generator or light that take over 12 hours charges within 4-5 hours.

I need to know some thing is this gen fake elepaq and is it 3.5 kva?

I have both two tiger gen before. one tiger was created at the tank while the other one it was a sticker. the one with sticker out perform the crested one. stronger and durable with less problematic.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by dataking: 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Prof, how much can get an half engine for my 2.2kva gen
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rhymz(m): 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
fineboynl:
is my elepaq fake?

it short oil?

the seller claims it's 3.5kva. I haven't had any issues except oil shortage and oil found at the air filters.

it's charges my power bank, phone and laptop really fast compared to PHCN light or other Generator I have changed from. my power bank if 30000Mah that strongles for hours to charge from other Generator or light that take over 12 hours charges within 4-5 hours.

I have both two tiger gen before. one tiger was created at the tank while the other one it was a sticker. the one with sticker out perform the crested one. stronger and durable with less problematic.
If your elepaq is not from Constant the major distributor then na fake sir....sorry

And check that the voltage is not too high.... I sure say e go dey swallow fuel like mad...

Plus engine oil no suppose dey finish quickly.....the only reason I change my genset oil is because the oil has become used and I need to replace it not because shit dried up....that's a big problem ooo....it is possible it is leaking oil somewhere....

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by dammywapes(m): 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
Okay thank you
space9880:
just don't overuse the generator it will last
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by uncletbuddy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good day all,

Pls I wish to buy Gen that could power ac of 1hp and my fridge as well as television and other minor electronics.

How many kva should I purchase?
And what brand?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Have u been able to fix this?
...try position the Gen on a flat or level surface.
E don happen to me before long ago, I put the gen on a slope, fuel drifted away from the carburettor area, Gen was going off with small fuel still inside!!!
dreaizy:
My generator always turns off when there still over 1 litre of fuel inside it. the gen is less than 6 months old and it has been like this since I bought it.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
rhymz:

If your elepaq is not from Constant the major distributor then na fake sir....sorry

And check that the voltage is not too high.... I sure say e go dey swallow fuel like mad...

Plus engine oil no suppose dey finish quickly.....the only reason I change my genset oil is because the oil has become used and I need to replace it not because shit dried up....that's a big problem ooo....it is possible it is leaking oil somewhere....

the generator is not fake only that it might be fake branding elepaq. it's perform pretty well with power. even my neighbours fireman they bring in technician almost every day to repair. I haven't had one repair.

OK let assume it's fake. how come it charges my 30,000 power bank really fast which other other Generator like Honda, themecool, fireman take longer to charged?

there is no oil on the ground or shortage really fast.

but there are oil at the air filter and at the top of the curbrator area.

it was very high initially and zapping fuel with a loud noise until someone help me to low it. the noise is normal and consumption rate is normal. I use full tank for 12 -15 hours if I should calculate all the on time together. it last longer if I don't put on fridge.

that's exactly how it look like and the military model

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Tekenny: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
prof in the house, please what is the minimum kva power gen can power a 250 litres chest freezer, a home theater, a plasma TV, fan and bulbs and which brand should I go for Tec ,sumac or elepaq thanks and God bless you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 6:27am On Jul 09, 2020
Prepare for 3KVA and above...
wait for more expert opinions....
Tekenny:
prof in the house, please what is the minimum kva power gen can power a 250 litres chest freezer, a home theater, a plasma TV, fan and bulbs and which brand should I go for Tec ,sumac or elepaq thanks and God bless you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2020
Gptech:

This has been the case with my Tec Major from day one, its well over a litre if you remove the net, but it goes off. I just left it that way, maybe it has to do with safety.

If u remove the net then you cannot get the exact litre but a guess work. once the fuel is low to extent of it not supplying fuel to the carburator, it will off. Do this, when next it off, slant your generaor a bit towards the carburator by 3inch and start. if it start it means you're in low fuel from the talk to the carburator but I don't like fuel to finish in generator it can cause damage to the carburator.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:56am On Jul 09, 2020
fineboynl:
which oil do you advice.? I have been using jezco oil. it does seem to look like fake and greenish.

the engine shirt oil and oil is coming out from the air filter. is this normal?

is jezco oil good?

Heavy user, use oando.

Average and low user Conoil, Mobil and Total.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 8:05am On Jul 09, 2020
suco01:

Heavy user, use oando.

is this the reason oil comes out from air filter?

I was told and from research online that it's excess oil.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2020
fineboynl:
is my elepaq fake?

it short oil?

is my elepaq fake? This I can't give answer to

it short oil?

Many factor can cause this.

how long have you been using the generator?

how did you know it and how often does it short oil?

Does it off by itself, smokes, any leakage from under the generator?

As for you power bank struggles with PHCN and other generator, I hope you're using the recommended amps charger bacause nothing beat a PHCN light (fact)

Crested constant on elepaq and sticker elepaq all have fake in Nigeria market. As me having any of those sign does mean one is original other is fake as they MOSTLY come from same source or max production. What to take note is engine and the coil. not the tank, throwing of generic part to any of original and fake which the generator will accommodate unlike the TEC. you have to use their own OEM parts kogba iwosi rara.

On fake I can't give you answer but on the KVA. I'll give it 2.5kva because some sellers are liers, likewise some don't know generator kva ratings, some do modification to the details by using other generator with higher kva details on a lower generator kva. I will give it 2.5kva if I don't want to lowball on it sef.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2020
fineboynl:

excess oil can cause it likewise worn and tear piston and ring
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Tekenny: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2020
NobleEngineer:
Prepare for 3KVA and above...
wait for more expert opinions....
thank you very much sir for the prompt reply, but I still have elepaq FPG2800 with running power of 2000W and surge power of 2200W, also 5.5hp engine, please will it fit into the position?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2020
suco01:

is my elepaq fake? This I can't give answer to

it short oil?

Many factor can cause this.

how long have you been using the generator?

how did you know it and how often does it short oil?

Does it off by itself, smokes, any leakage from under the generator?

As for you power bank struggles with PHCN and other generator, I hope you're using the recommended amps charger bacause nothing beat a PHCN light (fact)

Crested constant on elepaq and sticker elepaq all have fake in Nigeria market. As me having any of those sign does mean one is original other is fake as they MOSTLY come from same source or max production. What to take note is engine and the coil. not the tank, throwing of generic part to any of original and fake which the generator will accommodate unlike the TEC. you have to use their own OEM parts kogba iwosi rara.

On fake I can't give you answer but on the KVA. I'll give it 2.5kva because some sellers are liers, likewise some don't know generator kva ratings, some do modification to the details by using other generator with higher kva details on a lower generator kva. I will give it 2.5kva if I don't want to lowball on it sef.
I can't really test if it short oil as a result of the excess.

example I filled the oil tank to it brim. till it start throwing off. when I lock it. start the gen. I discovered that oil is on the air filter and around that area.

there are no smoking or oil on the flow. just the body around the carburetor. and when I check the oil I found out it reduce which I will refill again.

for the PHCN to my Gen. my Gen charge phones and power bank faster to every other Generator and PHCN tested. I really don't know why and how.

my 30,000 MAh charge from light 12, other Generator I have tried 14-16 with same charger and cable. but my generator does the game under 6 hours.

I really don't understand it men.

it's a new generator. bought over 4 months ago and it's not run up to 100 hours.

lastly 1kW is 0.8kVA. I believe my Gen is be between 2.8kva to 3.0KVA

its
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:09am On Jul 09, 2020
fineboynl:
I can't really test if it short oil as a result of the excess.

example I filled the oil tank to it brim. till it start throwing off. when I lock it. start the gen. I discovered that oil is on the air filter and around that area.

there are no smoking or oil on the flow. just the body around the carburetor. and when I check the oil I found out it reduce which I will refill again.

for the PHCN to my Gen. my Gen charge phones and power bank faster to every other Generator and PHCN tested. I really don't know why and how.

my 30,000 MAh charge from light 12, other Generator I have tried 14-16 with same charger and cable. but my generator does the game under 6 hours.

I really don't understand it men.

it's a new generator. bought over 4 months ago and it's not run up to 100 hours.

lastly 1kW is 0.8kVA. I believe my Gen is be between 2.8kva to 3.0KVA

its

why filled oil to the brim. You shouldn't fill oil to the brim, check that cap well there is guage in the dip stick, it's expected oil should be at your air filter when you over fill the oil tank. also. if the generaor doesn't off on its own your oil is still in guage once it's below low level your generaor will shut off and won't start either. when filling oil use the high and low dipstick to check. oil around carburator, maybe u post a pics and stop over fill and refilling your generaor oil like u are toping up fuel.

For the power bank issue you can keep using it with the generator but i hope your voltage is regulated well between 220/240

For the power rating I have nothing to say if you're sure of the rating.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 10:20am On Jul 09, 2020
suco01:

why filled oil to the brim. You shouldn't fill oil to the brim, check that cap well there is guage in the dip stick, it's expected oil should be at your air filter when you over fill the oil tank. also. if the generaor doesn't off on its own your oil is still in guage once it's below low level your generaor will shut off and won't start either. when filling oil use the high and low dipstick to check. oil around carburator, maybe u post a pics and stop over fill and refilling your generaor oil like u are toping up fuel.

For the power bank issue you can keep using it with the generator but i hope your voltage is regulated well between 220/240

For the power rating I have nothing to say if you're sure of the rating.
the generator is not a on level ground. it's difficult to use the meter. sometime when it's in the other position and I open the oil tank. it spilled oil to the ground. I bought 4 tire on it. and the 4 legs are not lapping well on the ground it wobbles.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2020
fineboynl:
the generator is not a on level ground. it's difficult to use the meter. sometime when it's in the other position and I open the oil tank. it spilled oil to the ground. I bought 4 tire on it. and the 4 legs are not lapping well on the ground it wobbles.

it is not difficult unless you are not ready to learn how to check your oil level when you put the oil. you can keep doing your method of filling it to the brim since it's difficult to use the dipstick.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rhymz(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
fineboynl:

It is normal to find some oil in the air filter area, even the foam fit soak small....that's not a problem, don't forget there is a black breather tube that connects from your crank case to the air filter assembly.

I have some hypothesis to explain what might possibly be happening to your Gen and most of it will have to be what is happening inside the engine crank case. There's a very strong possibility that oil is some how sipping into the combustion chamber.

It is possible that for some reasons not known yet, could be inappropriate engine oil or your piston rings are faulty but oil is possibly reaching the combustion area and getting burnt up....I can assure you that if you call a mechanic to open your engine crank case you will find engine oil sitting on top your piston head.

Get a mechanic to check that oil is not getting into your genset combustion chamber. Bad gasket head can cause it, one of your piston rings could be damaged. You could be using the wrong engine oil, probably too thin for your piston rings to to mop up, as a result they sip into your combustion chamber through the cylinder walls...

Another thing, check that the air filter is not clogged.....including that black breather tube that connects from the valve cover to the air filter casing. Also check that you are not pouring too much oil as well.....
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rhymz(m): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
fineboynl:

This right here could even be your problem, too much oil in the oil chambers means more engine oil than your piston oil rings can handle, your piston will just be sitting in a pool of engine oil inside the cylinder......and be burning as your generator dey work and the piston go through its different strokes....

I will advise you get a mechanic to check things before your new gen gets into an even worse condition.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
uncletbuddy:
Good day all,

Pls I wish to buy Gen that could power ac of 1hp and my fridge as well as television and other minor electronics.

How many kva should I purchase?
And what brand?
ill recommend tec
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
suco01:

Heavy user, use oando.
thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by spinola: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
Inverter Or Generator: Which Is The Best Option?

Difference In Cost
When you compare the cost of investing and running a generator of any size in the long run with the cost of an equal-sized inverter, the owners can save up 35-50% annually.

Learn More:

https://mercurydirect.com.ng/inverter-or-generator-which-is-the-best-option/

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
Tekenny:
thank you very much sir for the prompt reply, but I still have elepaq FPG2800 with running power of 2000W and surge power of 2200W, also 5.5hp engine, please will it fit into the position?
2000W is 2.5KVA, is this capacity not working for you? This is enough for only your freezer...and tv

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.