Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (792816 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2021
udosam:
Pls sir, can you share the contact of their dealer, I want to also get and how much did you get this?

I didn't save their no. on my fone.

But the outlet is after 7 up factory if u re coming from the Lagos Ibadan express road or just in front of Billings Way junction where Lastma people always stay. The building is Eleganza building (the small one).

I got it 150 but it has a price tag of 155 but it was after plenty pleading b4 they sold it to me at that price
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by samoy(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2021
Gptech, pls what are the differences between Sumec SPG, FPG, Ruby, ECO and Rugged series sir?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2021
samoy:
Gptech, pls what are the differences between Sumec SPG, FPG, Ruby, ECO and Rugged series sir?
I think they are practically the same, just design differences. The rugged series is supposed to fare better in harsh environments due to its ip23 rating but it's generally advisable not to subject generators in such environments.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2021
Dwaynestefan:
Hello, Greetings everyone.
Please I need your help in determining the fault of my 3.5kva iTec(Zinox) Generator.

I have been using this generator for the past 6months without any issues at all, just constantly changing the engine oil (it still even kick start with one draw)

Just last night here, I put it on around about 9pm and by about 5am it made a loud noise “Brrrrrrrr” and went off itself.

I tried restarting it this evening, it refused to come on…plus the exhaust made some gun shot sound with sparks coming out of it.

please, What might be the fault??
Start by checking if the oil is not too much. Check and clean spark plug too.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2021
Dwaynestefan:

I checked the engine oil, it was still full to the gauge.
My Generator doesn’t drain oil.

Please I want to have an idea what’s wrong with it before inviting a repairer … I don’t want the repairer to come cause more damage to my Gen…
Because I cherish that Gen so much

I'm no engineer but this sounds like spark plug.
Change it.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Mzleemah(f): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Gptech:

Get at least a 4.5kva generator from Sumec Firman or Thermocool.
thank you sir, how do I check the kva. Do you have idea of the likely cost sir and kindly give me the name tag of sumec that falls under 4.5kva
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Mzleemah:
thank you sir, how do I check the kva. Do you have idea of the likely cost sir and kindly give me the name tag of sumec that falls under 4.5kva
You can check out the Firman AC6000. Should be around 210k.

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Dwaynestefan: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
Gptech:

Start by checking if the oil is not too much. Check and clean spark plug too.

Changed Spark plug and engine oil.

Still didn't work
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
Dwaynestefan:

Changed Spark plug and engine oil.

Still didn't work

Two likely problem is your carburetor or ignition coil. But the carburetor is the first suspect. Dirt have enter inside.

Remove the spark plug from the engine and connect the cable to the spark plug. And draw the chock. If there is constant spark the it's the carburetor which needs to be service.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Mzleemah(f): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
Gptech:

You can check out the Firman AC6000. Should be around 210k.
wow my budget is around 170k-180k max

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by omojerry: 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2021
Please does anyone has any idea on how good Stormda generator is
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Obton(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2021
House what do y'all think about Tigmax generators. Their brand seems way cheaper than others for the same KVA rating. I'm seeing around 90-105k for the 4.5kva manual starter online.

Is it worth going for this brand?

Lemme add that my aunt's been using one for over 4 years now. It's serving well but she's had to change half engine so far. I think earlier this year.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Dwaynestefan: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2021
fineboynl:

Two likely problem is your carburetor or ignition coil. But the carburetor is the first suspect. Dirt have enter inside.

Remove the spark plug from the engine and connect the cable to the spark plug. And draw the chock. If there is constant spark the it's the carburetor which needs to be service.

There was spark, but it was kinda faint
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2021
Dwaynestefan:

There was spark, but it was kinda faint

Change spark plug. If it's the same than change the ignition. The spark should be sharp and consistent more like constant lighting.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by warrenweste(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2021
ringi82:

I only know of the 3.5kva. The 2.5kva should be equally strong too.

Konga just delivered it will do a review later
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
warrenweste:

Konga just delivered it will do a review later
Wow. Please do. I'm really planning on getting the 3.5kva next month. Was it the 2.5kva you bought. Please share pictures too.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by EYESofHORUS: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
Please gurus, come to my rescue.
My generator started shutting down after about 30minutes of been powered on. It later graduated to 10 minutes.

I changed the oil, clean the caburator and later changed it, changed the spark plug, but the issue still stays. I invited a so called technician to look at it. He came when i wasnt around and i was told he only retighten the plastic that hold the caburator and also drop some oil into the spark plug hole. He also pour some fuel into the caburator via the air intake of the cabutor before starting it. It worked for many hours.

Later the next day, same problem showed up with another package. A very loud and irritating noise when the choke is been pulled to the highest. Another technician was invited. The cow changed spark plug, changed starting coil went ahead to use 4minutes to glue up part of governors arm so it wont move. Gen worked for few minutes and went off after the idiot left. All this happen while i was at work.

I decided to service it myself when i found out on google that the piston head is probably full of carbon deposit hence the reason for shutting down. I disassembled the generator and discover the horrific look of the piston head. Its as black as a black. Super dirty.same as the head unit where the valves are. I have to scrap and wash it off with petrol before it came out clean. I install as told by the youtube video and everything is cool. I also scrap the glue off the governor arm and ensure it return back to normal.

I ensure i made no error, and coupled it back. Now the next issue now is my STARING CORD IS HARD TO PULL. I discover that happens if flywheel lock is broken but mine isnt. Its intact and was installed correctly. I also discover if i remove spark plug, the cord pull very easy and smoothly. What could have been the problem or where could i have been wrong during coupling?

enochogaga
Gptech
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 2felix(m): 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2021
Obton:
House what do y'all think about Tigmax generators. Their brand seems way cheaper than others for the same KVA rating. I'm seeing around 90-105k for the 4.5kva manual starter online.

Is it worth going for this brand?

Lemme add that my aunt's been using one for over 4 years now. It's serving well but she's had to change half engine so far. I think earlier this year.

Pls answer this
I need feed back
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
EYESofHORUS:
Please gurus, come to my rescue.
My generator started shutting down after about 30minutes of been powered on. It later graduated to 10 minutes.

I changed the oil, clean the caburator and later changed it, changed the spark plug, but the issue still stays. I invited a so called technician to look at it. He came when i wasnt around and i was told he only retighten the plastic that hold the caburator and also drop some oil into the spark plug hole. He also pour some fuel into the caburator via the air intake of the cabutor before starting it. It worked for many hours.

Later the next day, same problem showed up with another package. A very loud and irritating noise when the choke is been pulled to the highest. Another technician was invited. The cow changed spark plug, changed starting coil went ahead to use 4minutes to glue up part of governors arm so it wont move. Gen worked for few minutes and went off after the idiot left. All this happen while i was at work.

I decided to service it myself when i found out on google that the piston head is probably full of carbon deposit hence the reason for shutting down. I disassembled the generator and discover the horrific look of the piston head. Its as black as a black. Super dirty.same as the head unit where the valves are. I have to scrap and wash it off with petrol before it came out clean. I install as told by the youtube video and everything is cool. I also scrap the glue off the governor arm and ensure it return back to normal.

I ensure i made no error, and coupled it back. Now the next issue now is my STARING CORD IS HARD TO PULL. I discover that happens if flywheel lock is broken but mine isnt. Its intact and was installed correctly. I also discover if i remove spark plug, the cord pull very easy and smoothly. What could have been the problem or where could i have been wrong during coupling?
You be engineer oooo. You can check this link out, I believe it will be helpful https://homebatterybank.com/why-is-my-generator-hard-to-pull-start/
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sportwin(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
Gptech:

You be engineer oooo. You can check this link out, I believe it will be helpful https://homebatterybank.com/why-is-my-generator-hard-to-pull-start/

same thing i thought too
hes good
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Cvesta(m): 12:04am On Sep 19, 2021
My Tec Junior generator bought about 3 weeks ago makes way too much noise.. This has been so since I bought it, I only use it two days in a week. Any solution to this or is it normal?
NB. I bought it having seen how quiet some bigger tec generators I have seen are
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Dwaynestefan: 7:24am On Sep 19, 2021
fineboynl:

Change spark plug. If it's the same than change the ignition. The spark should be sharp and consistent more like constant lighting.

Last last, it was the valve… dirty don block am.
So the spring wasn’t going back and forth…it was stuck.

After cleaning and scraping off the dirt and all..
It worked.

An Engineer did it tho.

Thanks y’all
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by EYESofHORUS: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
Gptech:

My Oga, no mind me, i only do wetin i watch for youtube. Anyways, i have checked the link and all seems to be in order. I am still very confuse though. Someone said maybe i didnt install the piston ring correctly. I plan to open it up again and check again from begining. The thing tire me i swear. I wish i can get a better technician to look it up. Those around me here are terrible. Bad review on them by people in the neighborhood.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aorseer: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cvesta:
My Tec Junior generator bought about 3 weeks ago makes way too much noise.. This has been so since I bought it, I only use it two days in a week. Any solution to this or is it normal?
NB. I bought it having seen how quiet some bigger tec generators I have seen are
Been using mine for over a year now. I think the loud noise is normal to Tec junior, it gets me worried sometimes as bigger generators in my neighbourhood sound less noisy.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cvesta:
It's normal.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
EYESofHORUS:

I wish i can get a better technician to look it up. Those around me here are terrible. Bad review on them by people in the neighborhood.
Those so called engineers are the problems many people face.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Daum: 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
I don't know how true this is
But i hope it helps in identifying an original sumec generator

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Cvesta(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
aorseer:

Been using mine for over a year now. I think the loud noise is normal to Tec junior, it gets me worried sometimes as bigger generators in my neighbourhood sound less noisy.
Ok thanks.. Mind at ease now
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Cvesta(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Gptech:

It's normal.
Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
Daum:
I don't know how true this is
But i hope it helps in identifying an original sumec generator
Yes it helps.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fineboynl(m): 2:19am On Sep 20, 2021
2felix:

Pls answer this
I need feed back
you altered the timing valve, intake and exhaust timing.

If you check you meant notice the exhaust valve is stiff or not working correctly. It will be difficult to pull since the air is stock inside the cylinder.

When you remove the spark plug you will notice it pulls easily because the air is released from there.

Check the timing of it's works correctly.

Check YouTube intake and exhaust timing.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BIZZWEALTH: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2021
Are you tired of Black Out! We've got you covered with Mercury Inverters and Batteries

Learn more: visit mercurydirect.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.