Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (788318 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
Arinze96:

I went to these places today and they all said the Optima 4000es is not available.

Can a 2.5kva power pumping machine?

Depends on the power rating of the pump.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Arinze96(m): 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
aieromon:

Depends on the power rating of the pump.

I don't know the power rating but elepaq ec5800cx powers it effortlessly. I searched the generator and some sources say it's 3.5kva while others say it's 2.5kva
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by skywalker95(m): 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
I bought this Elepaq generator with a starting capacity of 4.5kva and running capacity of 4kva just this December. The problem is it was powering my Hisense 1.5hp AC for a week but since I bought a 5kva stabilizer because NEPA voltage is poor in my area, the generator no longer powers the AC. As soon as the AC picks, the circuit breaker of the generator trips off. I'm wondering if it's because of the Stabilizer or of I should call someone to service the generator.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fijiano202(m): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
skywalker95:
I bought this Elepaq generator with a starting capacity of 4.5kva and running capacity of 4kva just this December. The problem is it was powering my Hisense 1.5hp AC for a week but since I bought a 5kva stabilizer because NEPA voltage is poor in my area, the generator no longer powers the AC. As soon as the AC picks, the circuit breaker of the generator trips off. I'm wondering if it's because of the Stabilizer or of I should call someone to service the generator.
remove the stab and try again... Also Elepaq rating is scam.... It can even be 2.5kva tho

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Impostorr: 5:35am On Jan 29, 2023
skywalker95:

You don't use a stabilizer with a generator. Generator is regulated already

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tobby36: 9:15am On Jan 29, 2023
Good day everyone, can elepaq 4.5 kva power my 315l freezer and 560l letters for frozen foods
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 11:00am On Jan 29, 2023
tobby36:
Good day everyone, can elepaq 4.5 kva power my 315l freezer and 560l letters for frozen foods

A generator with 3600watts capacity should be able to carry the load. However, a lot of posters have complained about the deceptive power ratings of Elepaq generators.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by anthoniosp(m): 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gptech:

Ok then, which ever brand you get, fuel consumption should be roughly thesame.
I got the firman Gen instead 6kva and last night it refused to turn on, it wasn't even kicking and even when I try to use the manual rope, that one too isn't working. A new gen I just bought.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
anthoniosp:
I got the firman Gen instead 6kva and last night it refused to turn on, it wasn't even kicking and even when I try to use the manual rope, that one too isn't working. A new gen I just bought.
And the key is turned to the 'on' position? If you did everything right and it's not coming up, simple return it. If you want to try something, you can try another spark plug. Many times, these sellers replace original spark plugs with cheaper ones.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Arinze96(m): 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
Good afternoon bosses. Please, which Firman series is best between Eco, FPG and RD? I read the RD series make the least noise.

Also, is it advisable to buy from sumecplaza(.)com?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Tolutopsy: 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
Good afternoon. I just got a itec 2.5kva generator, and I am only using my 170w fridge and my 150w laptop on it, with power saving bulbs.

I would like to find out from experts here, if it's okay to reduce the speed of the generator, because I think this will reduce the noise and also the fuel consumption. Is this advisable, make I no go spoil the gen o.. Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by SuppoOmoo: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
Good day here...

Pls has anyone here used Scanfrost Generator before and it is a good gen?

A friend who happens to be their marketer is trying to convince me to buy Scanfrost SFG3000ER2 (2.5/3.1 rating)
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by RepairZone: 9:18am On Feb 01, 2023
Tolutopsy:
Good afternoon. I just got a itec 2.5kva generator, and I am only using my 170w fridge and my 150w laptop on it, with power saving bulbs.

I would like to find out from experts here, if it's okay to reduce the speed of the generator, because I think this will reduce the noise and also the fuel consumption. Is this advisable, make I no go spoil the gen o.. Thanks.

It is not advisable to reduce your generator speed since it powers a fridge alongside other gadgets.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Teedeechian(m): 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2023
I notice my yellow tec 3.75kva generator now makes noise, like it's really loud now, unlike when I got it a year ago. I change the oil every 2 weeks and the plug when due. What could be wrong?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Arinze96(m): 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2023
Arinze96:
Good afternoon bosses. Please, which Firman series is best between Eco, FPG and RD? I read the RD series make the least noise.

Also, is it advisable to buy from sumecplaza(.)com?

Someone should help me out, please🥺
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by RepairZone: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2023
Teedeechian:
I notice my yellow tec 3.75kva generator now makes noise, like it's really loud now, unlike when I got it a year ago. I change the oil every 2 weeks and the plug when due. What could be wrong?

Noise could be due to wear and tear from usage. Check for any loose damper bolts and tighten. If you notice shortage of oil, then plan ringing of your pistons.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Cunnilingus(m): 7:32am On Feb 05, 2023
@Gptech @aieromon @earthrealm @nwaozzugwor @RepairZone kindly help out. I want to get a maxi gen but I'm looking for what will consume really small amount of fuel in long run. We all know that Fuel is becoming the new gold in 9ja. The Gen is for 2 TV, 1 150L freezer fans and Led bulbs. Occasionally 1.5 Inverter AC.

I have in mind,
Maxi E25 thats 7.0hp, Max Power2800w KVA Rating is 3.1

And

Maxi E28 that is 7hp and Max Power 3200w. KVA Rating is 3.5

Which would serve best and how many hours should I get for 1 Liter from each type. I'm really concerned with fuel economy
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by earthrealm(m): 7:44am On Feb 05, 2023
Cunnilingus:
@Gptech @aieromon @earthrealm @nwaozzugwor @RepairZone kindly help out. I want to get a maxi gen but I'm looking for what will consume really small amount of fuel in long run. We all know that Fuel is becoming the new gold in 9ja. The Gen is for 2 TV, 1 150L freezer fans and Led bulbs. Occasionally 1.5 Inverter AC.

I have in mind,
Maxi E25 thats 7.0hp, Max Power2800w KVA Rating is 3.1

And

Maxi E28 that is 7hp and Max Power 3200w. KVA Rating is 3.5

Which would serve best and how many hours should I get for 1 Liter from each type. I'm really concerned with fuel economy

Why not save up, get an inverter + lithium battery, you could add solar panels if you get less than 6hrs of NEPA/grid daily..

When i used gens, my HT 2.8kva consumed 1 liter per hour, running light loads of about 800w
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Cunnilingus(m): 7:57am On Feb 05, 2023
earthrealm:

Why not save up, get an inverter + lithium battery, you could add solar panels if you get less than 6hrs of NEPA/grid daily..

When i used gens, my HT 2.8kva consumed 1 liter per hour, running light loads of about 800w

I plan on doing that. But the money isn't yet and I'm expecting a child this month. I have no option
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2023
earthrealm:

how much will it cost currently
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by earthrealm(m): 3:20pm On Feb 05, 2023
michlins:
how much will it cost currently

Its load dep3ndent. Post your load here and expected run hours, so u can get a tailored advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1351#120648756
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BuyAndSellStuff: 7:48pm On Feb 05, 2023
aieromon:

Servicing the dead battery can get you 6 months of use if you're lucky.

Buy a Mercury battery and have rest of mind.

earthrealm:

Likely dead. Those batteries usually die within 1yr.
Buy a replacement battery of similar capacity and replace.

If you want to double check if your gen is outputting charging voltage. Use a voltmeter to measure the voltage at the terminals.

If you have some diy skills, you can attempt reviving the battery, by adding small distilled water and using a pulse repair battery charger.
Perhaps it may serve you another 3 to 9monthe b4 dying.

What kills the battery is not running the gen frequently, as lead acid battery like being charged full all the time

I went against your advice and decided to have the battery refilled by a battery charger since it was brand new & they said it was still okay.

But the problem now is that I noticed that it leaks liquid while running even though it does not leak when the battery is removed & turned upside down. 🙁 I have disconnected it to prevent risk of explosion or corrosion.

How long will the recommended Mercury battery last?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by earthrealm(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
BuyAndSellStuff:

I went against your advice and decided to have the battery refilled by a battery charger since it was brand new & they said it was still okay.

But the problem now is that I noticed that it leaks liquid while running even though it does not leak when the battery is removed & turned upside down. 🙁 I have disconnected it to prevent risk of explosion or corrosion.

How long will the recommended Mercury battery last?

I gave you 2 options, 1 of which is attempting to revive the battery by adding distilled water, not acid.the electrician likely added acid.

Most gen batteries last 1yr. What kills them is over and undercharging...
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
earthrealm:

I gave you 2 options, 1 of which is attempting to revive the battery by adding distilled water, not acid.the electrician likely added acid.

Most gen batteries last 1yr. What kills them is over and undercharging...

Hmmm
So how can the battery be restored now? Do I take to a more competent battery charger to restore or just forget about it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by earthrealm(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
BuyAndSellStuff:

Hmmm
So how can the battery be restored now? Do I take to a more competent battery charger to restore or just forget about it?

Learnt diy bro, watch youtube videos
all these kazeems you are taking the battery to dont understand the physics behind what they are doing.

The choice is yours,
Chk cost of new battery vs cost these guys are charging u to attempt to revive the batt
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ForG(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
Good evening house.

Run only white bulbs and a fan on 2.5kva generator, but fuel consumption is too much.

Do I get a small Tiger generator and discard or is there a way to reduce the fuel consumption to match Tiger's?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by RepairZone: 10:25am On Feb 07, 2023
ForG:
Good evening house.

Run only white bulbs and a fan on 2.5kva generator, but fuel consumption is too much.

Do I get a small Tiger generator and discard or is there a way to reduce the fuel consumption to match Tiger's?

Your total load is quite small. Get a smaller generator to save on fuel consumption. Your current setup excess power is being dissipated in the form of more noise and heat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ForG(m): 10:10pm On Feb 07, 2023
RepairZone:

Your total load is quite small. Get a smaller generator to save on fuel consumption. Your current setup excess power is being dissipated in the form of more noise and heat.

Thank you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 3KINGZ18: 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
Still having the issue of the fluctuating sound on the firman eco3990es even after several caburator change the issue still persist, the sounds just keep fluctuating without having an effect on the current
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by CAROLYN19: 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Do you need a rugged Uninterripted Power Supply Equipment ( UPS) , We have Vertiv and Leums UPS Available. We have them in all sizes. Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919. We have Offices in Lagos and Abuja.

2 Shares

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
Can haeir thermocool generator 2.5kva bobo carry microwave microwave rated input 1050 watts.
Microwave rated output 700 watts.
Tv 150watts & fan 150watts?

Please kindly respond to this

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.