Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! (23338 Views)

Drivers’ Education: The 5 Things Every Driver Should Know How To Do / Easy Tips And Tricks Every Driver Should Know (pics) / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 25, 2015
divinelove:

Boy we have a long list of things dt affect fuel comsumption beyond AC do u kw dt if u weigh 150kg and i weigh 65kg n we use same car, ur car will consume more fuel. wat i am telling u is dt other things being equal car driven with AC in city will consume more fuel

Yes, a very long list if what causes higher fuel consumptions.

Wen they all playout, At the end , its always proven that weda ur AC is off or not, ur car consumes almost same amount of fuel.

I watched this fact get busted many years ago. I always watched discovery channel, if u watch it, u must have heard about the myth busters...They busted this Myth n u learned it as a child...They used the method I stated.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 12:22pm On May 25, 2015
i hope so

dearpreye:

That's serious! I believe the scarcity will be over in a few days.

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 25, 2015
tonychristopher:
The AC needs mechanical power to turn a compressor (which is very much like a pump). In a home unit, an electric motor drives the compressor. In a car, traditionally, the compressor is driven by a belt which is, in turn, driven by the car's engine. So, the resistance of the compressor is overcome by the engine, which means the engine must burn a little bit more gasoline than it would if the compressor was not being used for the AC.

There's no free lunch here! However, at highway speeds the power required by the AC compressor is less than the extra power required to overcome the extra drag which would be caused by having the car windows open as an alternative to using the AC. I believe that "Click and Clack" has more info. Google will help, too.

(Modern cars may use an electric motor to drive the AC compressor, like a home unit; I don't know, actually. Similarly, the cooling fan of older cars was driven by a belt, whereas newer cars drive the fan with an electric motor. Electric motors, of course, require electrical power, which requires work from the engine, which requires gasoline.)

When you turn the AC on in your car, it uses energy supplied to it by the alternator. This energy is coming from the engine, which is using the fuel in your gas tank. The AC won’t run properly without the car started because the belt that engages the compressor (which is used to compress the coolant and make it cold) will only run with the engine started. This is the same belt that is responsible for running the alternator and charging your battery.

Thank me for the lectures

I cant bring my car for you to even put water in my radiator

your long stories don't change facts. Weda AC us off nor on, the cars consumes same gasoline. Ur stories are old myths that have long been busted.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 25, 2015
tonychristopher:
i hope so

It has to be. The suffering is very shameful. I see pains and frustrations wherever I turn. ....
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Edunwa302(m): 12:24pm On May 25, 2015
tonychristopher:
give us simple anology and proove...we would apprecaite that #

thank you

Nothing to prove to you, this is a simple fact just give it a try and testify
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 12:32pm On May 25, 2015
then you dont have anything to say..why dont you observe

our people say if you dont have anything to say...just blow whitsle

thank you #

Edunwa302:

Nothing to prove to you, this is a simple fact just give it a try and testify
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 12:32pm On May 25, 2015
it will pass. change is a fact

not last forever

dearpreye:

It has to be. The suffering is very shameful. I see pains and frustrations wherever I turn. ....
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 12:33pm On May 25, 2015
give us fact ...incorrigible

pls let u sknow how AC wont consume fuel MR ENGINEER

chuna1985:

your long stories don't change facts. Weda AC us off nor on, the cars consumes same gasoline. Ur stories are old myths that have long been busted.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 25, 2015
tonychristopher:
it will pass. change is a fact

not last forever

Yes bros. But the pains seem they won't pass away. No light. No fuel. Primitive conditions.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by weaseloo: 12:56pm On May 25, 2015
intergral:
Absolute RUBBISH... This is why our leaders keep on manipulating us... We made this mistake since 2010 fuel subsidy wahala... Jona would have been sent parking since then but some enemy of the country vote him in..... The only solution I to fuel subsidy is to eject jona sharperly and give buhari our support to deal with all this Bastards... They are suppose to be hanged just like how china and south korea did to eliminate corruption!!!

That is the only way to straighten Nigeria up.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by intergral(m): 12:59pm On May 25, 2015
weaseloo:

That is the only way to straighten Nigeria up.
am telling if we keep on adapting to what our leader caused for us they will keep on making it worse for us... They have to be delt with simple!!!
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 1:32pm On May 25, 2015
we adopt

and adapt

dearpreye:

Yes bros. But the pains seem they won't pass away. No light. No fuel. Primitive conditions.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 25, 2015
chuna1985:

The only thing I can tell u about manual theories is that I am a certified Mechanical production Engineer.

Keep wallowing in ur arrogant lack of knowledge or get same car models, empty both tanks, top them with 15 litres in the same filling station n with same fuel pumps, On AC on one, off AC on the other (leading to taking down the wind shields) and then drive both cars round n round in a spacious area @ an average speed n watch wen they run out of gas...There is ur answer .

But wait til fuel comes down to 87 before u try it.

Where did you learn your Engineering from?
What the name of the institute?
A certified Mechanical Production Engineer. Engineer by theory and not practical, half baked engineer. You're a huge disgrace to the engineering profession. Because of folks like you I wasn't allowed to study Engineering, yet you studied it and came out to write this balder dash shows I am still miles better than you in your own specialization.
Shame on you. Maybe you bribed your way thru or even picked that certificate from any of the garbage institute under mallam shehu's mango tree behind that 'korroh'.

I need to write an open letter in any of the national dailies to that institute telling them they're producing dunce/dolt.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by gbishman: 1:40pm On May 25, 2015
failed to mention having ur tires adequately pumped
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 25, 2015
lomomike:

A certified Mechanical Production Engineer. Engineer by theory and not practical, half baked engineer. You're a huge disgrace to the engineering profession. Because of folks like you I wasn't allowed to study Engineering, yet you studied it and came out to write this balder dash shows I am still miles better than you in your own specialization.
Shame on you. Maybe you bribed your way thru or even picked that certificate from any of the garbage institute under mallam shehu's mango tree behind that 'korroh'.

I need to write an open letter in any of the national dailies to that institute telling them they're producing dunce/dolt.

Looooooooool, u did not reach the cut off mark, That was why nu couldn't study engineering.

Back to the topic, after all ur uncontrolled rants, fact remains that u don't save fuel by switching off AC. u don't need to be an engineer to know this, its so simple, use ur car n test it, it wont cost much.

NB - its not too late for u to study engineering.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 25, 2015
Don't put off ur car buh change ur gear frm Drive to Neutral..
Neduzze5:
Lolz

11. If you get to a sloppy area, put off your car and allow it to roll down all the way until it can no longer roll! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 25, 2015
Hahahahahahahha u are a clown...
Horlufemi:
11. Don't repark for anybody.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 2:24pm On May 25, 2015
Bros he attended oner of the polytechnics that claims they are enginers, HOW CAN AN ENGINEER MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT

#
No wonder in terms of acr repairs google is my friend bunch of dunce around in terms of engineers in Nigeria and Nairaland

You made him understand how stupid he sounded

lomomike:

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nikyluv(f): 3:06pm On May 25, 2015
How will u close the window and turn off AC shocked
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 25, 2015
chuna1985:

Looooooooool, u did not reach the cut off mark, That was why nu couldn't study engineering.

Back to the topic, after all ur uncontrolled rants, fact remains that u don't save fuel by switching off AC. u don't need to be an engineer to know this, its so simple, use ur car n test it, it wont cost much.

NB - its not too late for u to study engineering.

273 in jamb isn't up to cut off mark (Go to Jamb Bwari)?
You are a fool. No wonder with your 'above the cut off marks' you still spew out gibberish.
I'm no engineer but I handle Mechanical engineering well, I handle structural engineering excellently, I handle ICT hardware and software well.

Can same be said of you?
I don't need any engineering certificate if this is the way its gone.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 25, 2015
lomomike:

273 in jamb isn't up to cut off mark (Go to Jamb Bwari)?
You are a fool. No wonder with your 'above the cut off marks' you still spew out gibberish.
I'm no engineer but I handle Mechanical engineering well, I handle structural engineering excellently, I handle ICT hardware and software well.

Can same be said of you?
I don't need any engineering certificate if this is the way its gone.

Wen I see a very jealous man screaming out of anger, I always say LOL.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 25, 2015
chuna1985:

Wen I see a very jealous man screaming out of anger, I always say LOL.
Jealous you think, but contented and improving man is who I am in reality. Any more attempt to derail this thread by you, you will be decisively dealt with.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 25, 2015
lomomike:

Jealous you think, but contented and improving man is who I am in reality. Any more attempt to derail this thread by you, you will be decisively dealt with.

Forgive me bro, I am an extremely st.upid individual and a dunce. I am a wasted idiotic man. My family are Ezi ofia...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by fexichi(f): 5:05pm On May 25, 2015
I can not put up my windows and still turn off the air condition. The heat is too much, I will suffocate o!

1 Like

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 25, 2015
chuna1985:

Forgive me bro, I am an extremely st.upid individual and a dunce. I am a wasted idiotic man. My family are Ezi ofia...

Oh thank goodness, this is who you are. God don catch you. However, you'll still get punished for this.

Gazzuzz,
Eyop,
Colossus,
Tonychristopher.
Come see wetin person dey call himself.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 5:31pm On May 25, 2015
lomomike:

Oh thank goodness, this is who you are. God don catch you. However, you'll still get punished for this.

Gazzuzz,
Eyop,
Colossus,
Tonychristopher.

I no fit laugh
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 5:34pm On May 25, 2015
fexichi:
I can not put up my windows and still turn off the air condition. The heat is too much, I will suffocate o!

You will not suffocate but you will be grilled just like turkey possibly chicken

1 Like

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 25, 2015
jus park ya car and switch to legedez benz grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Horlufemi(m): 8:33pm On May 25, 2015
tonychristopher:
lol

how?
Reparking consumes certain amount of petrol. Hope u get it now.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Ricmayak1: 1:47pm On May 26, 2015
Hello nairalanders,

The use of AC affects fuel consumption. The extent depends on whether one is doing city or highway driving. It increases consumption more when car is driven in the city.

Read about hybrid cars. Toyota hybrid economy mode works by reducing AC output, reducing throttle response.

It depends on the engine design too..... I wouldn't want to go into details of this.

Regards.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 26, 2015
lomomike:

Gazzuzz,
Eyop,
Colossus,
Tonychristopher.

Wait ooo, u said u will deal with me decisively and all u can do is ban me for 24 hours, Lol....U be mad man ooooooo.

Like say u fink say I dey fear u, Una de pay me salary, commot road. Taaa, Run away, I no fear u.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by SIRKAY98(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2015
For some of you that say you will off your ignition on a free road.just come band try that in my Nissan Serena.by the time u are to applied the brake u will find out the brake is haddening and you can't press it.there by casala son burst.the first time I witness it I beached a military car in my front.thank God say the motor self na military person...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires / Mile 2 To Apapa Road Getting Mad Daily! / Micra Taxis In Ibadan: Necessity Or Menace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.