Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) (29257 Views)

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC / Man Strips Unclad To Buy Fuel At A Station In Lagos. Photos / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) by vinelli(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2015
What did GEJ do with the money gotten from the partial subsidy. He stopped paying 50% of the subsidy and yet we have nothing to show for it. There is no smoke without fire. they all ruined this country

1 Like

Re: Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) by Gliding(m): 6:24pm On May 25, 2015
martyns303:

My Brother don't say what u don't know.

Let me start by saying that I have no confidence in any Nigerian political office holder, and that is why I don't own a voters card and I have never voted.

That been said, I had a very rare opportunity of talking one on one with a major player in this country and it was an eye opener, Nigerians were told that oil marketers are holding the country to a ransom and nobody believed, weeks later we are on a long queue trying to buy fuel, Buhari has said he doesn't know what fuel subsidy is, he his about to find out.

The Jonathan administration has been labeled very corrupt and wastage in excess, has anyone ever wondered where is the money going? A huge junk is spent on oil subsidy to prevent long queues has we have it now, when he tried to remove subsidy because of the amount of money put into it, Nigerians cried foul. A lot of things are falling apart and the government had to keep pumping in money to hold things together.

Now that the man is leaving and is taking his hands off things, Nigerians can now see how everything has come crumbling, yes he his still the president till 29th, but by that time how much more Billion dollars would have been used to maintain marketers? Then he would have been accused of last minute looting.

Nigeria is a very complex society, I am patiently waiting for what the next administration has to offer.

It is a herculean task defending GEJ at this point in time.
The oil marketers are holding Nigeria to ransom because we allowed it. Why can't NNPC itself import fuel to cushion this effect?? Or do they not have the capacity?

You should note, that nobody would have been against subsidy removal if the refineries were working. The first thing he should have done was to put the palliatives in place (e.g working refineries), instead he wanted to remove it without any palliative measures.
Even the SUREa-P he instituted has not had the kind of effect it should have had.
. Fuel goes for about .70 cents in the united states today and that is because they have working refineries. Which is a country that relies a lot on shale oil, which is even more expensive to exploit than crude oil
I can tell you categorically that if the refineries are working fully, we will buy fuel at cheaper than a hundred naira per litre.
Re: Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) by Gliding(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2015
ken4jj:

I dont give a damn about APC cos naija politicians are crap. You say we should applaud this administration cos they problem is not solvable. On a second thought, i blame we nigerians cos greed is in our DNA, that is why nothing works here.

I like what you have written so far.
But greed and stubbornness is in every human. It is the system that stops them from over exhibiting those tendencies.
That is why when there is a lights out even in US , people will break into and loot shops. But once there is light, CCTV working, police around, they simply behave themselves.
Where the reward and justice system is upsidedown, this is what happens. And the system is made to work first by the leaders. Leadership is about making people believe in a cause enough to abide by it. You don't cast blame as leaders.
Re: Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 25, 2015
peppyluv02:
You are a fool.
May your generation be blessed with demons like Abacha,IBB,Obasanjo and co

May God run your life and that of your descendants the way GEJ has run Nigeria so far.
Re: Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) by simdam500(m): 10:08pm On May 25, 2015
shocked shocked shocked kilode
Re: Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 26, 2015
Dry......
Cursed brainwashed demented fool!
1stCitizen:

May God run your life and that of your descendants the way GEJ has run Nigeria so far.
Re: Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 11:09am On May 27, 2015
peppyluv02:
Dry......
Cursed brainwashed demented fool!

Hehehe. No doubt I hit where I intended cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari at the Inauguration of President Macky Sall of Senegal / Nigeria's GDP By Sector - Oil Isn't The Major Source Of Our Income / "Politicians Must Steal" - Rochas Okorocha (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.