Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,528 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? (5866 Views)

Man Destroys Bible As A Revenge For Destruction Of Shrine In Anambra By A Priest / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05pm On May 25, 2015
Why would God order the destruction of men, women, and children?
by Matt Slick

"Thus says the Lord of hosts, 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt. 'Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey" (1 Samuel 15:2-3).

The Amalekites, who were descendents of Esau, had been longtime enemies of Israel. They fought against Israel at Rephidim (Exodus 17:8.) Apparently, they "entertained a deep-seated grudge against them, especially as the rapid prosperity and marvelous experience of Israel showed that the blessing contained in the birthright [Jacob and Esau] was taking effect."1 They were a constant threat to Israel. Therefore, God said to Moses in Exodus 17:14 “Write this in a book as a memorial, and recite it to Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.”

God lawfully has the right to execute judgment upon anyone. The Bible says that all people have sinned against God and are under his righteous judgment. Therefore, their execution is not an arbitrary killing nor is it murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Killing is the lawful taking of life. For example, we can lawfully take a life in defense of our selves, our families, our nations, etc.

When God authorizes the nation of Israel to wipe out a people, it is a lawful execution due to their rebellion and sin against God. Furthermore, such an extermination can be seen to be merciful by delivering the young into the hands of the Lord and possibly saving their souls by not giving them time to become "utterly sinful".2 Additionally, further generations that would have arisen from the perverse culture, are likewise prevented from coming into existence and spreading their sin.

Finally, one of the reasons that the Lord is so strong in the Old Testament and orders the killing of people is to ensure that the future messianic line would remain intact. The enemy, Satan, began his attempt to destroy God's people in the Garden of Eden, by also trying to corrupt the world (which led to Noah's Flood), by trying to destroy Israel with attacking armies, and by encouraging Israel to fall into idolatry by exposure to other cultures as well as intermarrying women from those cultures. The result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through. The Messiah, Jesus, would be the one who would die for the sins of the world and without that death there would be no atonement. Without the atonement, all people would be lost. So, God was ensuring the arrival of the Messiah via the destruction of the ungodly.

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/joshua-esther/why-would-god-order-destruction-men-women-and-children
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 2:12pm On May 25, 2015
The result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through.

Jesus came through the family line of both @1stUnderlined according to the bible. Please read your bible before coming here to feed us with lies you copied.

I'll will reply the OP in full when I have the time…
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Jesus came through the family line of both @1stUnderlined according to the bible. Please read your bible before coming here to feed us with lies you copied.

Do you still believe Jesus is a prophet that you have to believe?
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 3:36pm On May 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Do you still believe Jesus is a prophet that you have to believe?
Do you accept the point I raised?
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Do you accept the point I raised?

I will answer you when you answer my question I initially asked you. Do you believe Jesus Christ as a prophet?
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 7:38pm On May 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I will answer you when you answer my question I initially asked you. Do you believe Jesus Christ as a prophet?

YES, but not the one portrayed in the bible.

Now, please answer my question
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by malvisguy212: 9:40pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

who among the genealogy of Jesus is idol worshippers?
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by kemifunke: 9:46pm On May 25, 2015
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 10:10pm On May 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
who among the genealogy of Jesus is idol worshippers?

Am I supposed to teach you(malvisguy) the bible all the time
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by malvisguy212: 10:26pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Am I supposed to teach you(malvisguy) the bible all the time
if you cannot quote the idol worshipper in the genealogy of Jesus, pleased don't quote me. Thank you
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 10:36pm On May 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you cannot quote the idol worshipper in the genealogy of Jesus,

You are so ignorant of your bible, if not you would have shut up earlier without asking me whether there are idol worshippers in the genealogy of jesus. Yes, Indeed there are lot of them according to your bible, and not only that, interbreeding is also in the family line as well.

I'm discussing with the OP and not you. I believe the OP is of sound mind while you are not grin

Make the OP come jare, I have no business with ROBOT. grin

pleased don't quote me. Thank you

Okay, now, I quote you without quoting any verse(s), please do your worst tongue grin
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by malvisguy212: 10:47pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You are so ignorant of your bible, if not you would have shut up earlier without asking me whether there are idol worshippers in the genealogy of jesus. Yes, Indeed there are lot of them according to your bible, and not only that, interbreeding is also in the family line as well.

I'm discussing with the OP and not you. I believe the OP is of sound mind while you are not grin

Make the OP come jare, I have no business with ROBOT. grin

Okay, now, I quote you without quoting any verse(s), please do your worst tongue grin
smh
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 6:03am On May 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
smh
Shake am well well
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by malvisguy212: 7:53am On May 26, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Shake am well well
I repeat, provide the name that is idols worshipper in the genealogy of christ or remain mute.
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 9:37am On May 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
I repeat, provide the name that is idols worshipper in the genealogy of christ or remain mute.

Don't worry, I'll mention your moniker when your oga at the top (OP) is ready. cool
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2015
Rilwayne001:

YES, but not the one portrayed in the bible.

Now, please answer my question

Why not the One portrayed in the Bible?
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 5:23pm On May 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Why not the One portrayed in the Bible?
…Answer my question
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2015
Rilwayne001:

…Answer my question

You have not fully answered mine. wink
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 6:29pm On May 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You have not fully answered mine. wink

You are trying to digress the point I raised angry

Thought you can defend your thread, malvisguy will be highly disappointed in you.
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You are trying to digress the point I raised angry

Thought you can defend your thread, malvisguy will be highly disappointed in you.

Are you implying that the Jesus in the Qur'an is different from the Jesus in the Bible? You will have to establish which Jesus we are referring to before I answer your question. cool
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 7:27pm On May 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you implying that the Jesus in the Qur'an is different from the Jesus in the Bible? You will have to establish which Jesus we are referring to before I answer your question. cool

YES, the 2 are not the same.

There are similarities and dissimilarities between the 2 … to mention a few, jesus of the bible was nailed to the cross, while that of the Quran was not. Jesus of the bible was alleged to have risen from dead, and nothing like that about that of the Quran. etcetera smiley … Can you now please address my question?.
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I thought as much. undecided

Rilwayne001:

There are similarities and dissimilarities between the 2 … to mention a few, jesus of the bible was nailed to the cross, while that of the Quran was not. Jesus of the bible was alleged to have risen from dead, and nothing like that about that of the Quran. etcetera smiley … Can you now please address my question?.

Your Qur'an states in Surah 3:55 (Assuming we are speaking about the same Jesus here):

"Allah said: O Isa [Jesus], I am going to terminate [to put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me."

Jesus' death and His subsequent resurrection is an historical fact as opposed to your contrary belief that God replaced Him with Judas, even your Qur'an states this fact unless you want to tell me that this verse has been abrogated.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 10:20am On May 27, 2015
Mr. Oladeegbu, you are derailing you thread by shying away from the point Ivm raised concerning your OP, Please address those point after this
OLAADEGBU:

I thought as much. undecided
Your Qur'an states in Surah 3:55 (Assuming we are speaking about the same Jesus here): [i]"Allah said: O Isa [Jesus], I am going to terminate [to put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me."

Please click here to educate yourself about the verse you quoted

Jesus' death and His subsequent resurrection is an historical fact as opposed to your contrary belief that God replaced Him with Judas,

shocked Aside from the accounts in the New Testament, is there any independent supportive documentation? Is there any circumstantial evidence? Is there even one contemporaneous historian who mentions one word about Jesus’ resurrection?

even your Qur'an states this fact unless you want to tell me that this verse has been abrogated.

and their boast, "Behold, we have slain the Christ Jesus, son of Mary, [who claimed to be] an apostle of God!" However, they did not slay him, and neither did they crucify him, but it only seemed to them [as if it had been] so; and, verily, those who hold conflict­ing views thereon are indeed confused, having no [real] knowledge thereof, and following mere con­jecture. For, of a certainty, they did not slay him:

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Emusan(m): 10:35am On May 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You've finally opened up that Jesus of Islam is different from Jesus Christ the Savoir of the World sent by God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob.
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 11:11am On May 27, 2015
Emusan:

You've finally opened up that Jesus of Islam is different from Jesus Christ the Savoir of the World sent by God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob.

Lol.

Good to know that you have also finally opened up that, Jesus was sent by GOD, which implies that he is not GOD almighty.

Meanwhile, the jesus I know wasn't just sent by God of those noble men you mentioned, he was sent by the GOD of the universe as a whole.

Also, jesus wasn't sent to the world as a whole, he was sent to the house of israel.

As you can see, mr. oladegbu is trying to shy away from the point I raised, can you help him out?

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Emusan(m): 11:29am On May 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Lol.
Good to know that you have also finally opened up that, Jesus was sent by GOD, which implies that he is not GOD almighty.

WHICH IMPLIES...I believe it's your own conclusion not mine.

Meanwhile, the jesus I know wasn't just sent by God of those noble men you mentioned, he was sent by the GOD of the universe as a whole.

So do you mean the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob isn't the God of the Universe as a whole?

Also, jesus wasn't sent to the world as a whole, he was sent to the house of israel.

As you can see, mr. oladegbu is trying to shy away from the point I raised, can you help him out?[/b]

No time for this...
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by MizJanet(f): 1:06pm On May 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

[b] Lol.
Good to know that you have also finally opened up that, Jesus was sent by GOD
Lol
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On May 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Mr. Oladeegbu, you are derailing you thread by shying away from the point Ivm raised concerning your OP, Please address those point after this

Please click here to educate yourself about the verse you quoted

shocked Aside from the accounts in the New Testament, is there any independent supportive documentation? Is there any circumstantial evidence? Is there even one contemporaneous historian who mentions one word about Jesus’ resurrection?

and their boast, "Behold, we have slain the Christ Jesus, son of Mary, [who claimed to be] an apostle of God!" However, they did not slay him, and neither did they crucify him, but it only seemed to them [as if it had been] so; and, verily, those who hold conflict­ing views thereon are indeed confused, having no [real] knowledge thereof, and following mere con­jecture. For, of a certainty, they did not slay him:

I have to know the basis of our debate because if you are talking about another Jesus then you are free to believe what your books taught about him but If He is the same Person described in the Scripture then it means one book is confused and it is certainly not the Bible.

Your book says again:

"Allah said: 'O Jesus! I will take you and raise you to Myself . . ." -- Surah 3:55

It is either the Qur'an is overtly denying the crucifixion or it missed out on the crucifixion. Where you are confused seek out the People of the Book for clarification.

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve. And after that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, He as seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God" (1 Corinthians 15:3-9).

Anyone omitting the part of Christ's crucifixion has sold you a lie because that is the crucial part that brings the grace of God and salvation upon our lives. The central focus of the gospel (Injil) is on the death and resurrection of Christ for our sins and salvation.
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 2:51pm On May 27, 2015
Emusan:

WHICH IMPLIES...I believe it's your own conclusion not mine.

Except you want to use your 1+1+1= 1 again. you already admitted jesus was sent by GOD, isn't it? which means that he acted by the WILL of GOD and not his.

So do you mean the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob isn't the God of the Universe as a whole?

Nope.

What I am trying to say is that, GOD is not just the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob alone, He is the God of the universe as a whole.

No time for this...

Lol.

Leaving oladegbu to his fate…

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Rilwayne001: 3:03pm On May 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Your book says again:

"Allah said: 'O Jesus! I will take you and raise you to Myself . . ." -- Surah 3:55

You should click the link I pasted, stop repeating same lines please…

It is either the Qur'an is overtly denying the crucifixion or it missed out on the crucifixion. Where you are confused seek out the People of the Book for clarification "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve. And after that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, He as seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God" (1 Corinthians 15:3-9).

I've asked you up there to provide any independent supportive documentation or circumstantial evidence, you choosed to ignore that post by quoting paul as your evidence. Even the resurrection narratives in the NT may be convincing testimony for people who have not read them very carefully. Smh

Anyone omitting the part of Christ's crucifixion has sold you a lie because that is the crucial part that brings the grace of God and salvation upon our lives. The central focus of the gospel (Injil) is on the death and resurrection of Christ for our sins and salvation.

You should simply tell me that you can't defend the OP, instead of beating about the bush trying to digress the whole thing. You should save your preaching for now and simply face what you wrote in the OP.
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by Emusan(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Except you want to use your 1+1+1= 1 again. you already admitted jesus was sent by GOD, isn't it? which means that [size=14pt]he acted by the WILL of GOD and not his.[/size]

I don't have time to waste on you about this but @bold undecided undecided

Nope. What I am trying to say is that, GOD is not just the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob alone, He is the God of the universe as a whole.

Then who says God is the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob ALONE?

Lol.

Leaving oladegbu to his faith…

because your question is baseless...
Re: Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:02pm On May 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I've asked you up there to provide any independent supportive documentation or circumstantial evidence, you choosed to ignore that post by quoting paul as your evidence. Even the resurrection narratives in the NT may be convincing testimony for people who have not read them very carefully. Smh

Let's go again but this time using Abraham Lincoln.

The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity).  The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

1. The written evidence,
2. Eyewitness testimony,
3. Physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

1. the empty tomb still exists,
2. His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve,
3. the four Gospels record His death;
4. the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;
5. there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;
6. the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;
7. the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."

This is circumstantial evidence that suffices. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do As I Say Soap And Oil / If You Know Anybody Ever Cured By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Get In Here / Human Beings Are Born Sinners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.