Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience (25524 Views)

Uma Ukpai Polytechnic Massive Job Recruitment 2017 (academic & Non-academic) / Legacy Polytechnic Non Academic Recruitment (10 Positions) / The Federal Polytechnic Of Oil And Gas,Bonny Recruitment 2015 (over 50) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Israel5(m): 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
And i dedicate this thread to your family. I am not sharing anythng. What will/can you do for me? Mscheww. Don't make me lose it on you. #A problem shared on nairaland multiplies.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Ambi25: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
As long as you are pasionate about what you do, you will always standout and no one can victimise you.

4 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by chuks34(m): 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
jųşţ ŗęādįŋg çommęŋţş.. į ŋo çomę ţo çommęŋţ. smiley
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
AreaFada2:
This is not a joke anymore.

HND should be scrapped and replaced with a BTech to make it equivalent to BSc. Even if takes 5 years to get it.

I feel sorry for ploy friends.

One more reason my cousin should go to university even though polys actually teach accounting better than most universities.
I vehemently disagree with that statement.

The country's educational system is poor but majority will agree that polytechnics are far worse than universities.

3 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Poly grads are discriminated here in Nigeria , in diaspora bsc grads are discriminated and their certs not recognized. until we begin to learn self sufficiency, education for self reliance rather than for dependence then the cycle will go on and on...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Israel5(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Imagine! Ah ah.. And i dedicate this thread to your family. I i i am not sharing anythng. Wuh wh What will/can you do for me? Me me Mscheww. Duh Don't make me lose it on you. #A problem shared on nairaland always multiplies.
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by PrinxArthur1(m): 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
i dey come oooo
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
HND as a qualification is not the problem. The real problem is the Ministry of Education and the Nigerian Government for failing to update themselves and failing to make necessary adjustments with regards to the duration of OND and HND. What do I mean?
OND and HND last just 2 years in total in the UK and BSc. is just 3 years except for engineering courses and medicine, and their HND qualification is tailored towards technical knowledge. But over here, HND is about 5 years + 1 year NYSC while BSc. is 4 years on the average. At the same time, they claim HND holders are just technicians and not good managers.
So it's just upside down... We have the supposed technicians spending more time in school. Whoever is in the Ministry of Education should drop his/her hijab and use his/her brain more. Travel out of this country and learn something. Most people in Government offices have PhDs but their brains are outdated and they're making life harder for the youths. . .

In Finland, polytechnics are called Universities of Applied Sciences and they award Bachelors degrees. We have polytechnics like Yabatech and they can't give anything beyond an HND, what a shame.

There are good universities in Germany with less than half the space available @ Yabatech and they are called Universities, are we saying we have a better educational system than Germany's?

May God bless us with reasonable leaders.

16 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Akalia(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
No biggie bro, i don't regret been a poly graduate even in the face of glaring dichotomy

3 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Notion(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Is really a pity

embarassed
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by pointzero30: 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
my broda sorry but I want to let u kn dat hnd and bsc are never the same despite d noba of years. u got higher diploma n nt bachelors degree. there were universities n u chose poly. d cut of mark are never d same. my dear pple should stop applying to poly n wait till they are admitted. so many pple v applied this year bearing in mind of this discrimination later dey complain. anyways dey are easily taken in banks. stop applying or live with the stigma. thks oops dorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by saintandsinnerz: 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Sijo01:
Am not a poly graduate ; just here to read bitter experiences. embarassed
Who asked if you are a poly graduate or not? Talking as if you are better than them

3 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by ogashman(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
I'm a poly graduate n I dare all these ppl saying university grads re better.you re no match to an average poly graduate in all ramifications.

4 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by phyllosilicate(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
My younger brother got 180 in Jamb last year and was saying he want to go to poly. I told him no way, either University or nothing and even the University he MUST graduate with 2:1. He used the year to learn tailoring, he wrote the present jamb and passed very well.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by zonax(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
Oooops:
This thread is dedicated to all polytechnic graduates who took the pains to go to school for 4,5 and or 6years.
Mine was that some weeks ago, I applied for a job with stanbic pensions and was told they don't take HND. .. Just BSC. I felt bad but moved on. I knew that wasn't mine and simply told my Bsc friend to apply and he was taken. Thank God the space wasn't a waste.
Please let's share our experiences and hope some day thing's will change for the better.

You did well by informing someone.
Your own job/busimess will come looking for you sooner than you think.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by safex(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
SaiBuharii:
I will use this medium to advive polythecnic students to find all means to get their Bsc certificate. The discrimination is too much and may not stop on the nearest future. For those in 100 level. I expect you to still be writing jamb or thinking of porting after ur Ond.
dis is very factual buh i kno it may nt go down well wif sum pple sha. I'm also a victim buh presently doing my bsc program 2 finish nxt year. Diaris a cobweb of errors in 9ja n tinz doesn't seem 2 get beta...it is well!
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Mznaett: 10:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
hmm
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by derolemode(m): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
I rep poly and i must tell u dat even Bsc holders on NL say they need Technocrats and that is what we are. We show working, we are like diesel engines we take time to heat up but when we fire up we lit like no other.
But still on still we all na 1, Aluta continua....

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Owliver(m): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
phyllosilicate:
My younger brother got 180 in Jamb last year and was saying he want to go to poly. I told him no way, either University or nothing and even the University he MUST graduate with 2:1. He used the year to learn tailoring, he wrote the present jamb and passed very well.
lol good though.... i did two post ume in unilorin and uniben and i passed both but wasnt taken had to take poly jamb and now am serving. I saw a bit of discrimination during my it in a bank but am not discouraged. What we make out of our predicaments is what matters not the predicament hehe. There are illitrates who are millionairs.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by lastmessenger: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Relax guys.i want the descrimination to stop but before that time comes,learn to make something good with your life whether u have a Bsc Hnd or even Msc.
Last bullet.
Pmb is not a university or polytechnic graduate.

3 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Henry500: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
either polytechnic or university wat mater is you been favoured by God to a better job

2 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
And majority of the polytechnic graduates are better than some of the university graduates

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by unphilaz(m): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Heard of a guy reached his highest level as a chief instructor on level 14 in a Polytechnic with just his HND and no masters etc. So whining is not the way forward...create...you can make it!!!

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by Slidoo(m): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bro.... Naija is all about d connection...
wit ur connection, b it HND graduate.
u can b d P.A to mr President while BSC holder will still b on d street... unless u are d one feeling inferior 4 b a poly graduate to manipulate ur ways..

3 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by trigar12(m): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
It's too much, M going for DIRECT Entry this year, am an ND holder though, everyone I have met keep telling to go for b.sc ... Am doing all best to get admitted this year. Am tired of all this DE hulabaloo already, feeling like a jambite all over again.

It's so sad I'll have to go back to 200level again .... It's shit and am frustrated angry
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by vision2050: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Get your Bsc. @ NOUN nou.ed.ng , no or little stress.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by debeey87(m): 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
Remembered when a girl said she cant date a Polytechnic graduate cheesy....Not funny right?

I graduated from a Polytechnic and I can say I am doing well for myself by the grace of God. Definitely, discrimination abound in the organization where I work between Polytechnic graduates and university grads but that hasn't dampened my morale of getting a degree. Pay package is different as well as career path for both.

My advise to graduates from Polytechnic, whatever the class of credit you graduate with, you still stand a chance of securing a white collar job but bear in mind that you wont be rated at par with your university counter part in the workplace, so the earlier you understand that the better for you as you will save your self a lot of hatred undecided for your co-worker.

Be the master of your game, that way you can beat your university counterpart to it even if you don't have a degree. Be smart, skillful, tactful and be the best at what you do.

Above all, acquire more qualifications if you have the wherewithal as this will help your progression in whatever career path you have chosen to pursue.

Like I tell people, a university degree/polytechnic diploma isn't a passport to a successful life but

Education + God + Intelligence + Skillfulness + ........ a lot more = Success

Am a FedPofite, and a proud one at that.

God Bless Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by people3: 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
I am a corper in kogi .......whether u are a polytechnic or university graduate, what matter most is your productivity or output i.e ability to work efficiently and effectively not all these B.Sc or HND of a thing.....
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by frenzymirakk(m): 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
sanandreas:
They have a long way to go. The few ones I have interacted with are not sound academically. Not all anyway . I know of a guy from yabatech, he is good.

I disagree wit u practically on dis assertion, I graduated from the polytechnic and jst an ND holder presently.when it comes to management courses I dont object but practical courses like mass comm which apns to b my field of study then u ar makin a big mistake. Am howeva tryn to opt for a Uni degree in a managemnt course but still hope to complete my HND in mass communication. Ask me for exampls and i wll giv u many.

h
Re: Polytechnic Graduates Share Your Victimisation/promotion Experience by seun005: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
well, after all said and done! I dnt really think der is any major descrimination btw bsc & hnd cos both degree/diploma serves diff purposes. it just unfortunate dt here in naija right things ar been done d wrong way.....even at d top level sef.

normally, polytechnic is meant for techical (practicals) students......while university is more of theories.
funny enuf you will even find more business management students in a polytechnic dan engineering students.......Also in universities, there is university of technology/university of agriculture etc, bt its funny when u see a student studying accounting in a university of agriculture.

in conclusion, as a polytechnic student wht ar u looking for in a bank, also as a normal university graduate, u are nt to look for job in a technical functioning company. bt its a pity dat it is all dilluted and that's y we kip using d word discrimination, afterall der is polytechnics too abroad.

but d buttom line is it nt a function of where u are bt who u are...........if u r good u cn work anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Neco Cordination June/July 2015 begins August 15th, 2015 / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / 5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.