Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. (22877 Views)

10 Bad Habits That Damages The Brain (picture) / Top-6 Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Damage / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by godofwar666(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2015
Tj
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 26, 2015
ekaygenie:
Eating out is now the norm, most especially in our institutions. Well, eating out once in a while ain't that bad. Studies have shown that eating out so often and neglecting home cooking can be the beginning of the cultivation of bad habits. These habits have been noticed among addicted cafeteria users.

1. Dwindling cooking habits.
Many can't put 1 and 2 together to make the whole room smell nice. Their stew tastes like boiled pepper. Even among girls. They're no more used to cooking. I wonder whether you've ever been your mum's student in catering tutorials. Yea, the cafeteria is there to satisfy their hunger. What's the use of the stoves and pots anyway? Visit such in their homes or hostels; the best they'd offer you is snacks from nearby shops or a drink and a biscuit. Ladies, change! Lest another woman end up drawing your husband closer with her mouth-watering dishes.

2. We don't appreciate good home dishes anymore.
This is a big one. We are now used to those so called tasty dishes and the crazy ingredients they prepare meals with. Home made dishes which are meant to be hygienic and safe and won't contain those stuffs are now tasteless in our mouths. We just wanna keep eating funny tasting rice and the crazy looking stew. Anything different from that is trash to us. We're now a big fan of junks. Funny enough, most of us don't even know our dietary requirements. We don't know what's healthy and what's nutritious. Oh mama...! We've wasted their meals anyway.

3. Sense of conservation is zero.
The money is there! The varieties are there! The drinks are there! Why shouldn't we enjoy it all?? Bad mentality. When in the cafeteria, we'd wanna spend as much as would fill our stomachs. Most don't mind the cost. Then, you see someone stuffing the plate with four pieces of meat, sometimes, adding two eggs to it. Rice lovers. Heeheehee! I pity your wives.

4. We wanna impress.
Cute babes scattered across the room, hot guys with steak on their plates, who wanna be outdone? Seeing so many of such rich folks often spur us to wanna try our best not to look odd. We end up filling our plates with more than we can chew. And after the meal, you'd find almost half of what was paid for still inside in plate. Sensible, huh? Don't worry, your own Lazarus is waiting to condemn you.

5. Poor table manners.
This is most noticeable when they come in large groups. Throughout the meal, they'd keep on gisting and laughing loudly. They point around, swinging their forks up high. Are they actually hungry? #smh. I pity those who sit near, with every spoon of rice ingested, there's a drop of saliva to take. Lol. Abeg, next time you're sitting close to such people, get your plates away from them. I don't know how rampant mouth diseases are anyway..

6. No more sense of hygiene regarding utensils.
They'd surely come to pack the plates after you're done.. All the rice grains you spill ain't your problem. How the washed pot got to the fire, you don't care. How the spoons and forked were cleaned ain't your business. Na wa o. Now, we ain't concerned about keeping the tables neat, keeping the plates clean, keeping the kitchen tidy, and all the rests. All we know is to place our orders and pay the bills. It ain't helping us. Good habits are gradually rotting away...

What do you think, Nigerian students? I know the addicted ones won't agree... ;-)

See weti this one dey talk? You dey for naija without light now for 3days. Food go spoil inside fridge, na still WAST na
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by dany87: 1:40pm On May 26, 2015
Another sexist topic posted by men to turn women into slave housewives. He tells women to change instead of telling everyone to cook and learn for themselves. Im sure more than 95 percent of people reading here do not have a father that cooks for them or mother who works while the father is taking care of the grown-up children, because he cannot find a job they have many older children. What about cooking to impress your girlfriend/wife? Is that not an option? Are you less of a man for doing that? Please, leave your prejudice at home and if you want to tell someone what to do, apply it to yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by peeta89(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2015
raayah:
If you prefer eating outside, its OK . If you'd rather cook, no problem.

Everyone knows what is best for them.

you made your point. The disadvantages of eating outside outweighs the advantages. Thank you.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by exlink10(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2015
Come Moderator I get complain oo. some post way no suppose make home page dey make home page here. even some they make home page two time in a day while others way suppose make homepage no dey make.

Watin dey happen? abi bribery and corruption still dey for our nairaland? if him dey, am interested oooo
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by amokeme(f): 1:45pm On May 26, 2015
Nigerian students... Again!
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by amokeme(f): 1:46pm On May 26, 2015
raayah:
If you prefer eating outside, its OK . If you'd rather cook, no problem.

Everyone knows what is best for them.

exactly.. But you know Nigerians don't mind their business

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by tohpahz(f): 1:52pm On May 26, 2015
This thread is not for me.. grin
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 26, 2015
amokeme:
exactly.. But you know Nigerians don't mind their business

so because of this, I wud not na eat in caf one again.. abegi no mind them jare
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by austinonyii(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2015
Women are the cause.....

Whenever my Baby is around I like to package myself as if Mr. Biggs is my kitchen. #womanizer
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 26, 2015
bettercreature:
An awkward moment when a full grown man created a thread about food lol
Every rose have a thorn.As every thread has its madmen.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Chimoski87(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2015
Am too guilty of number 2. Though I don't detest home dishes, but it seems like war to eat them most times especially anytime enough money dey my pocket.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by amokeme(f): 3:58pm On May 26, 2015
feran14:

so because of this, I wud not na eat in caf one again.. abegi no mind them jare
cheesy cheesy you know this..
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by ekaygenie(m): 4:47pm On May 26, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
@op let me ask you some questions. Why cook food at home when there is no light to power the fridge. Or do you want me to cool at home and continue warming the food everyday?

Actually, there's nothing wrong in eating out. Yea. There's sometimes the need to have a change of taste. This post is actually criticizing those who have made this an habit.
Lemme ask you too; how do our great grand papas preserve food before the fridge
was invented? Bro, it ain't necessary you cook six tins of rice just because you're hungry..
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by mikolo80: 5:24pm On May 26, 2015
ekaygenie:
Eating out is now the norm, most especially in our institutions. Well, eating out once in a while ain't that bad. Studies have shown that eating out so often and neglecting home cooking can be the beginning of the cultivation of bad habits. These habits have been noticed among addicted cafeteria users.

1. Dwindling cooking habits.
Many can't put 1 and 2 together to make the whole room smell nice. Their stew tastes like boiled pepper. Even among girls. They're no more used to cooking. I wonder whether you've ever been your mum's student in catering tutorials. Yea, the cafeteria is there to satisfy their hunger. What's the use of the stoves and pots anyway? Visit such in their homes or hostels; the best they'd offer you is snacks from nearby shops or a drink and a biscuit. Ladies, change! Lest another woman end up drawing your husband closer with her mouth-watering dishes.

Welcome to modern living on the go

2. We don't appreciate good home dishes anymore.
This is a big one. We are now used to those so called tasty dishes and the crazy ingredients they prepare meals with. Home made dishes which are meant to be hygienic and safe and won't contain those stuffs are now tasteless in our mouths. We just wanna keep eating funny tasting rice and the crazy looking stew. Anything different from that is trash to us. We're now a big fan of junks. Funny enough, most of us don't even know our dietary requirements. We don't know what's healthy and what's nutritious. Oh mama...! We've wasted their meals anyway.

maybe the home dishes were never really that good to begin with in the first place,ever think of that

3. Sense of conservation is zero.
The money is there! The varieties are there! The drinks are there! Why shouldn't we enjoy it all?? Bad mentality. When in the cafeteria, we'd wanna spend as much as would fill our stomachs. Most don't mind the cost. Then, you see someone stuffing the plate with four pieces of meat, sometimes, adding two eggs to it. Rice lovers. Heeheehee! I pity your wives.

poverty mentality(am guilty of this but still...)

4. We wanna impress.
Cute babes scattered across the room, hot guys with steak on their plates, who wanna be outdone? Seeing so many of such rich folks often spur us to wanna try our best not to look odd. We end up filling our plates with more than we can chew. And after the meal, you'd find almost half of what was paid for still inside in plate. Sensible, huh? Don't worry, your own Lazarus is waiting to condemn you.

no impress na an see the kind spouse you end up with or how long it takes to hook up(akin to poverty mentality)

5. Poor table manners.
This is most noticeable when they come in large groups. Throughout the meal, they'd keep on gisting and laughing loudly. They point around, swinging their forks up high. Are they actually hungry? #smh. I pity those who sit near, with every spoon of rice ingested, there's a drop of saliva to take. Lol. Abeg, next time you're sitting close to such people, get your plates away from them. I don't know how rampant mouth diseases are anyway..

ask yourself,did they ever have the manners in the first place

6. No more sense of hygiene regarding utensils.
They'd surely come to pack the plates after you're done.. All the rice grains you spill ain't your problem. How the washed pot got to the fire, you don't care. How the spoons and forked were cleaned ain't your business. Na wa o. Now, we ain't concerned about keeping the tables neat, keeping the plates clean, keeping the kitchen tidy, and all the rests. All we know is to place our orders and pay the bills. It ain't helping us. Good habits are gradually rotting away...

same as above

What do you think, Nigerian students? I know the addicted ones won't agree... ;-)
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by ndubisik(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2015
aare07:
Eating with left hand
Look at you...now look at us
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by khadupsie(f): 7:13pm On May 26, 2015
The "they lack table manners" aspect... sigh!

Very annoying..
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by situationroom: 12:12am On May 27, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
@op let me ask you some questions. Why cook food at home when there is no light to power the fridge. Or do you want me to cool at home and continue warming the food everyday?

aboki d follow talk abt cooking.... hmmm it means 2015 go beta
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:34am On May 27, 2015
okooloyun1:
Cooking at times is expensive than eating out and besides one might not have the strength to cook always.
cooking isn't more expensive. Strongly disagree
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Rainmaker69(m): 3:44am On May 27, 2015
What about eating food and washing it down with a bottle of one soft drink or the other. Many Nigerians carry this habit into their houses and you find people that can't eat without a bottle of 'orobo' coke.

1 Like

Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by okooloyun1(m): 8:37am On May 27, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
cooking isn't more expensive. Strongly disagree
I strongly disagree with you also with explanation.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:03am On May 27, 2015
okooloyun1:
I strongly disagree with you also with explanation.
bring your explanation on let's see wat u've got
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by okooloyun1(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
bring your explanation on let's see wat u've got
My explanation is longer than my phone ba3 life, I will come back when I buy fuel.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:01pm On May 27, 2015
Lool. Remember to add quotation
okooloyun1:
My explanation is longer than my phone ba3 life, I will come back when I buy fuel.
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by okooloyun1(m): 1:46pm On May 27, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
Lool. Remember to add quotation
Yes madam
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by forandy(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2015
Not when you have parents like mine....u must borrow ursef brain
Re: Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. by ArcToyin(m): 2:53pm On May 30, 2015
Nice write up. Informative

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stay Away From Boli, Suya, They Can Cause Cancer – SOGHIN Warn Nigerian / You Can Never Be Fat Enough For A Typical Nigerian Mother / Why Your Skin Itches And The Remedies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.