Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce (19645 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Hilarious Tweet By Ben Murray-bruce & People Can't Stop Talking About It / APC Shouting CHAINS And We Heard CHANGE By Ben Murray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by dotna(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2015
this is something to ponder on
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by timiwillson: 11:33am On May 26, 2015
we are waiting grin
Sambo Submits Handover Report to Buhari's C'ttee
http:///Z0Jo5D
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by aventura: 11:34am On May 26, 2015
buhari
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:34am On May 26, 2015
lemme
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by lawflec(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2015
damm. Too long to read
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by ylaa(f): 11:37am On May 26, 2015
whatever
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by OAM4J: 11:38am On May 26, 2015
This is deep and a very good one from Mr Bruce.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by myklangelo(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2015
Nice consolatory write up. Let him invest in building refineries so tht we stop importation of oil. It is rili unimaginable.
The 1st Igbo language blog is out...ka anyi kwanite asusu Igbo.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by sparkleboy(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2015
Interesting
Especially when it is coming from a southerner.
I mean a core southerner.
That's the power if been educated and being properly educated.
He has been able to rise above the sentiments of racist and tribalistic egomaniacs Nigerians
An average Nigerian is tribalistic and supremacist that's why we need real and adequate education not just half baked literates
#babanowthatyouarethere revamp our education sector even though we still have doubts about your certificate grin

BTW I am a southwesterner

One Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by tevinsolt: 11:40am On May 26, 2015
Bruce is a sane man, his PHD is common sense is like no other in the Nigerian government

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by philips70(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2015
The people complaining of articles too long to read on Nairaland, how do or did they read their books to pass exams in school? I used to start and finish James Hadley Chase novels in a day back then. The same people who litter threads with how someone is too old to rule Nigeria cannot read few lines of an article just to learn something new in their young age.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by Nobody: 11:42am On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am allergic to long notes embarassed Pls can someone summarize it for me?
olodo....itiboribo....blank slate
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by igwedaboss(m): 11:43am On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am allergic to long notes embarassed
Pls can someone summarize it for me?
try and read it. It's a good piece. Don't worry u will survive
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by PassingShot(m): 11:43am On May 26, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
i always know u can't read, ben bruce said we need each other,that it is only foolish pple like you, that are mutually assure destruction(MAD).

You too wicked bro. grin grin
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by Abugab(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2015
Bevista:
Especially when it's not properly paragraphed. To summarize, though:

Ben Murray Bruce encourages Mutual Assured Restoration (MAR) - A situation where the north & south learn to coexist in peace and harmony, leveraging each other's strengths.

He believes the south needs the north as much as the north needs the South - while the north depends on the south for oil revenue, the south depends on the north for food. He believes nations can survive without oil, but they cannot survive without food and many of our staple foods be it Rice, locally grown wheat, cows on the hoof, tomatoes, peppers onions etc., come from the North.

[I add that - while oil (the south) contributes most to our National revenue, Agriculture (the north) contributes most to our GDP.]

Ben encourages GMB to explore for oil in the Chad Basin, such that the ND won't always have to hold the whole country to ransome with their militant threat anytime they feel begrudged.

In summary, he believes #WeNeedEachOther.

You sure must be a Johnbull.
Well paraphrased.
Kudos
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by anulaxad(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2015
I want to begin by saying that the southerners that he is talking about clearly does not include the southwest. South-westerners are very grateful to both parties the mentioned'southerners' and northerners, we don't claim such nonsense such as Biafra and we don't claim oil belonging to us as we recognise that we are all one.

Yes they may be some elements who may choose to act as tribalistic bigots, but the majority of us acknowledge where our produce comes from. Therefore I am offended my mr. Bruce saying that it is 'southerners' that choose to disregard the northerners when the south westerners themselves do not commit such deeds.

I hope he realises his mistake,because everywhere I go on this forum, there is always one 'biafran' who feels the need to claim the nations oil as theirs and insults his neighbours calling them dependent.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by hope4nigeria(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am allergic to long notes embarassed
Pls can someone summarize it for me?
if na hate campaign against GMB, you can read 1000pages oh. ERANKOSANKTUS.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by okokhaerat(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2015
Ask ur mother who ur father is.... We all knw one of our own won't spew dis thrash. Talk about assholes
arbitter:
I still don't know why some Northerners are so excited at the prospect of getting Oil in the North. Ya know no matter what is found there it wont be enough to sustain the entire Northern population huh? BESIDES YOU GOT WAY BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN THAT.

Maybe if you people give more attention to getting quality education and not cheating your way up to Graduation (thinking you're doing yourself any favors) we wouldn't be having graduates that cant even write properly.

Oh and while you're at it SOLVE YOUR GODDAMN RELIGIOUS ISSUES unless you wanna end up going the way of the Arab Countries.

What i wanna see done in this country is

- Mandate Education in the North (All ya need is basic Education so nobody said you MUST go to a University but Secondary School is a must). Oversee those Schools to make sure people are actually meeting standards and not just cheating all the time (THEY DO THAT ALOT!).

- Law Enforcement Empowered. Lose all the Unfit, unqualified personnel that fill the Force and hire people with basic secondary school Education, Train them properly and arm them with PROPER Pistols not some fvcking assault rifle. Set up a database for storing criminal records and all other necessary things. This should take care of all the Serial lawless ignorant dolts that like to Kill random and Burn churches, Courts etc because they 'are offended'.

- And IF Education still hasn't taken care of it then find a way to Control Population Growth. They'll probably resist with their Religious excuses but i say IMPOSE BIRTH CONTROL on them. Because i don't see the point of putting measures to fix the North when they just keep creating more problems by giving birth to Kids they cant take care of hence restarting the Cycle of Uneducated, Almajiris, Rioters, Thugs , More Illiteracy etc.

Buhari wont be around Forever. And if your people are continuously Ignorant they will always end up having Ignorant people leading them which is basically why the North is so backwards.

But as you can see Niger/Chad and others that you share a lot in common with ain't so great either so maybe you just were never meant to be Developed.

P.S This isn't a Southerner speaking, I'm more Hausa and Islamic than any of you (unless you're judging by ignorance level then you win)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by kennydee05(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2015
The best piece I have read on the need for a united Nigeria...
God bless the writer....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by jossyj: 11:57am On May 26, 2015
UnknownT:
the time Oil is discovered in commercial quantity in the North, that is when the country will disintegrate

wise talk
but the hausa fulanis and oduduwas will not agree with you
instead they feel like committing suicide whenever the truth is told.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by scachy(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2015
ramdris:

You can't be a Leader if u r not a reader bro. Reading sharpens the mind. Imbibe it! Thanks.
The guy is just too lazy , I can't believe that some people actually summarized it for him

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by AreaFada2: 11:59am On May 26, 2015
UnknownT:
the time Oil is discovered in commercial quantity in the North, that is when the country will disintegrate

Because the North will now have both food & oil. Arewa Republic will become really attractive. grin cheesy
Since the North will want at least 50 to 60% derivation citing need to speed up Northern development, which SS & SE will oppose.

SW will have to persuade the North to stay or everyone goes separate ways.

I have always believed that the easiest way to help MASSOB & MEND is to discover large oil and gas deposits in the North. cheesy

While I believe we can benefit from each other, if it will take 150 years of independence to achieve any meaningful development, I'd prefer to live in a smaller country that is easier to manage and develop quickly. Ask people in Luxembourg, Monaco, Gibraltar, Lichtenstein or Andorra if they would like to swap countries with you.

People in SW, SS, SE are farmers too. People should not make it out as though our soil grow nothing. We will just have to increase agricultural produce through mechanised farming.

I am already farming in 9ja even though I live in diaspora.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by bakila: 12:01pm On May 26, 2015
ramdris:
Reading this piece brought tears to my eyes **clears nostril with handkerchief**.

I have always and will always be a firm believer in our unity. Those that are clamoring for secession have the right to do so but am 100% certain we better off together. Over the years and even in recent times, we have been having communal fights among ethnic groups in the same region. We have had Ijaw-Itshekiri, Aguleri-Umuleri, Ife-Modakeke, Tiv-Jukun and so many too numerous to count. Now the question is this: Will all these tribes also ask for division when each region is finally on their own or what assurance can we give that secession will not bring about future agitation by other minority tribes in each region?.

I am fully in support of Bruce's opinion on this. He is fast earning my affection for He seems to always have the right idea (unless of course the electric car issue. Lolz) about our challenges. I really wish for many more like him and GMB in the helm of our affairs in this great nation of great people. God bless Nigeria!
You forgot that you are first to comment, congrats. I tell you every one hundred kilometres of our nation space has huge potentials for conflicts. In some parts of Nigeria the land mass suggest 25 kilometres.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by scachy(m): 12:01pm On May 26, 2015
jeeqaa7:
Bruce lee... Face ur constituency and work

Leave naija for MR president

Oversabi ...after u don chop govt money for NTA finish
Niggaz gonna hate u no matter what u do. I v seen it in u.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by mmsen: 12:07pm On May 26, 2015
Oil or no oil, this does not explain the paucity of ideas or the refusal to relinquish destructive practices.

We know that there are wealthy people in the north but we also know that those people are largely descended from the same group who have held the majority in a state of bondage for hundreds of years. If not that they are former civil servants and former military men who stole federal and state resources for their own selfish gain.

We know that there are educated people in the north (see above).

What I don't understand is why the people there cannot see how horrendously awful their leaders have been, on a local and national level?

Why are they so against fiscal federalism?

All this talk of 'the north feeds the nation' is nonsense, Nigeria imports food worth billions of dollars - one of the largest importers of rice on the planet. Nigeria is currently undergoing a change in agricultural policy in which every state will contribute to agricultural production because individuals will begin to see how profitable it is - this is of course assuming that Buhari does not sign one of the many fraudulent agreements that the EU keeps trying to push in Nigeria's direction.

I don't want Nigeria to break up because I think that Africa as a whole needs fewer borders, not more. But I also believe that Nigeria needs to take leaders with a track record of effective leadership - no one who is managing a state with a literacy rate of less than 50%; a poverty rate of 70%; that is fighting against polio in 2015 or refuses to sign the Child Rights Act into law need be considered.

We need to allow progressive leaders with progressive policies to do what they have shown they can do.

Religious sentiment is the enemy of progress as are those pushing for religious laws for which there is no logical basis - Fashola is a Muslim but who would know? He does his job and his religion is his personal business, that is how it should be.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by basilo101: 12:07pm On May 26, 2015
Imagine comparing oil to tomatoes and onions, less than one week of fuel scarcity and d con3 is shutting down! Fud can easily be imported frm neigboring African co3s with oil money

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by arbitter: 12:08pm On May 26, 2015
okokhaerat:
Ask ur mother who ur father is.... We all knw one of our own won't spew dis thrash. Talk about assholes

Yeah, whatever. Ni bani ma da lokacin rigima da wawa irinka. Kuna da matsala! In kun ga dama ku gyara kanku ! in kuma kun ga dama ku zauna na ku karata da tsiyarku. Ni dai na gode Allah na fita daga Kasarku ta banza da hofi.

And I hope the Nation breaks up aswell , Its about time you people learn your lessons (i.e you cant Live on another Regions resources and continue to perpetuate acts of violence against them, You DONT own Nigeria hence your Brothers must not 'always be President') thats all i can think from the top of my head.

I already knew you people will Never address the Issues that actually matter the most in your region. Thats the Only reason i support the Split Up of that Country (Also im sick and tired of some Southerners attitude but that doesn't mean they don't have valid complaints about you people)
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by zayana: 12:08pm On May 26, 2015
Wow am so impressed by this write up. Thank you Ben Bruce.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by omojeesu(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2015
arbitter:
I still don't know why some Northerners are so excited at the prospect of getting Oil in the North. Ya know no matter what is found there it wont be enough to sustain the entire Northern population huh? BESIDES YOU GOT WAY BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN THAT.

Maybe if you people give more attention to getting quality education and not cheating your way up to Graduation (thinking you're doing yourself any favors) we wouldn't be having graduates that cant even write properly.

Oh and while you're at it SOLVE YOUR GODDAMN RELIGIOUS ISSUES unless you wanna end up going the way of the Arab Countries.

What i wanna see done in this country is

- Mandate Education in the North (All ya need is basic Education so nobody said you MUST go to a University but Secondary School is a must). Oversee those Schools to make sure people are actually meeting standards and not just cheating all the time (THEY DO THAT ALOT!).

- Law Enforcement Empowered. Lose all the Unfit, unqualified personnel that fill the Force and hire people with basic secondary school Education, Train them properly and arm them with PROPER Pistols not some fvcking assault rifle. Set up a database for storing criminal records and all other necessary things. This should take care of all the Serial lawless ignorant dolts that like to Kill random and Burn churches, Courts etc because they 'are offended'.

- And IF Education still hasn't taken care of it then find a way to Control Population Growth. They'll probably resist with their Religious excuses but i say IMPOSE BIRTH CONTROL on them. Because i don't see the point of putting measures to fix the North when they just keep creating more problems by giving birth to Kids they cant take care of hence restarting the Cycle of Uneducated, Almajiris, Rioters, Thugs , More Illiteracy etc.

Buhari wont be around Forever. And if your people are continuously Ignorant they will always end up having Ignorant people leading them which is basically why the North is so backwards.

But as you can see Niger/Chad and others that you share a lot in common with ain't so great either so maybe you just were never meant to be Developed.

P.S This isn't a Southerner speaking, I'm more Hausa and Islamic than any of you (unless you're judging by ignorance level then you win)

I AGREE. MAY MANY MORE FULANI-HAUSA LEADERS SEE THINGS THIS WAY AND ACT ACCORDINGLY!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by saintfizzo(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2015
#smiles....
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by Raemond(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2015
This are the type of leaders we need. Intellectually sound, I have always admired this man #noHomo..... Better things ahead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship / Stop Acting As Wike’s Aide, APC Tells Makinde / Enugu Governor-Elect, Peter Mbah Thanks Enugu Residents For Voting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.