Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce (19673 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Hilarious Tweet By Ben Murray-bruce & People Can't Stop Talking About It / APC Shouting CHAINS And We Heard CHANGE By Ben Murray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by philips70(m): 12:20pm On May 26, 2015
basilo101:
Imagine comparing oil to tomatoes and onions, less than one week of fuel scarcity and d con3 is shutting down! Fud can easily be imported frm neigboring African co3s with oil money

Quit this ignorance. Let google help you and discover many big economy European countries have agriculture as their economic mainstay. Through agriculture they build heavy industries. Oil is a blessing and a curse to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by ogb5(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2015
Ben Bruce should face his politics and broadcasting that he knows about and leave oil prospecting to petroleum engineers and geologists.

It is stupid to claim the Nigerian portion of the Chad basin has oil just because our neighbours has found oil in their part of the basin. If we follow that analogy then we can argue that kogi state should have oil just because edo state, it's neighbour has oil forgetting that kogi sits on a basement complex.

Geologists have done extensive work on the Nigerian section of the Chad basin and have concluded that there is no commercial quantity of hydrocarbon in our part of the basin, what evidence does Ben Bruce and olodo Buhari have to rubbish the work of experts and claim that there is oil to be found in the Chad basin?

The obsession of Northerners with oil is just too much, there are many things they can do to generate more money than what oil is bringing, yet they overlook them and keep eyeing oil. The north should educate their people, once educated they can engage in productive venture outside oil prospecting to generate money. Indonesia made 50 billion dollars last year from export of clothes, the north can easily do that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2015
Quote author=OREMUSSANCTUS post=34102776]Am allergic to long notes embarassed
Pls can someone summarize it for me?
[/quote]
You are just a lousy PDP cry baby!
Your types are those stereotyped fellows Ben Bruce mentioned in his article!
You claimed you can't read long posts when you know you v nothing sensible to counter it!
You and Barcanister deserves daily hot slap!
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:33pm On May 26, 2015
my problem with this write up s that too much emphasis is laid on OIL. the economy of this country is HIGHLY diversified, it's just that the government's means of revenue is most from oil and this has to change! Since oil was discovered, the Nigerian government has become Very shortsighted, Lazy and Lacks ideas on how to generate revenue from other means other than oil. is there any form of business that exists around the world that you won't find here in Nigeria? what do we not have here? But the government past and present has only looked towards oil and that is why the economy is suffering because they are putting all there eggs in one basket! Even if the whole region start producing oil, the situation will still be the same! oil crash... everything crashes because we are still generating revenue through oil alone. Mr Bruce is looking at one tree and not the whole forest!

Now about the north supplying the nation with Food. this is as nonsense as they come! are they supplying it for free? do these regions not buy the wheat and cows from them? and wasn't these regions surviving for thousands of years before the whiteman joined us together? do you think that there isn't food in the south? where are you getting such information from? And if the south decide not to buy food from the north nko? won't they (north ) suffer the same thing Nigeria is going through now that nations are shunning our oil?

oil isn't the only way to balance the situation we're finding ourselves in, afterall Dangote who is the richest man in Africa doesn't have anything to do with oil. I think the fg should adopt Dangote as a model.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by superstar1(m): 12:36pm On May 26, 2015
God bless Murray Bruce for us.

I hope some Israeli Flag carrying Masai Dancers, can read and digest this lovely piece.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by shammah1(m): 12:36pm On May 26, 2015
Seconded
arbitter:
I still don't know why some Northerners are so excited at the prospect of getting Oil in the North. Ya know no matter what is found there it wont be enough to sustain the entire Northern population huh? BESIDES YOU GOT WAY BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN THAT.

Maybe if you people give more attention to getting quality education and not cheating your way up to Graduation (thinking you're doing yourself any favors) we wouldn't be having graduates that cant even write properly.

Oh and while you're at it SOLVE YOUR GODDAMN RELIGIOUS ISSUES unless you wanna end up going the way of the Arab Countries.

What i wanna see done in this country is

- Mandate Education in the North (All ya need is basic Education so nobody said you MUST go to a University but Secondary School is a must). Oversee those Schools to make sure people are actually meeting standards and not just cheating all the time (THEY DO THAT ALOT!).

- Law Enforcement Empowered. Lose all the Unfit, unqualified personnel that fill the Force and hire people with basic secondary school Education, Train them properly and arm them with PROPER Pistols not some fvcking assault rifle. Set up a database for storing criminal records and all other necessary things. This should take care of all the Serial lawless ignorant dolts that like to Kill random and Burn churches, Courts etc because they 'are offended'.

- And IF Education still hasn't taken care of it then find a way to Control Population Growth. They'll probably resist with their Religious excuses but i say IMPOSE BIRTH CONTROL on them. Because i don't see the point of putting measures to fix the North when they just keep creating more problems by giving birth to Kids they cant take care of hence restarting the Cycle of Uneducated, Almajiris, Rioters, Thugs , More Illiteracy etc.

Buhari wont be around Forever. And if your people are continuously Ignorant they will always end up having Ignorant people leading them which is basically why the North is so backwards.

But as you can see Niger/Chad and others that you share a lot in common with ain't so great either so maybe you just were never meant to be Developed.

P.S This isn't a Southerner speaking, I'm more Hausa and Islamic than any of you (unless you're judging by ignorance level then you win)

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by MicroBox: 12:41pm On May 26, 2015
Even the comments are very long
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by 2dillu2(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am allergic to long notes embarassed
you are allergic to all the good things in the world Idiot[color=#990000][/color] tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by dekins: 12:44pm On May 26, 2015
Good idea and should be supported
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by ramdris(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2015
bakila:

You forgot that you are first to comment, congrats. I tell you every one hundred kilometres of our nation space has huge potentials for conflicts. In some parts of Nigeria the land mass suggest 25 kilometres.
Choi! shocked na true u talk o! I forgot. **going back to thread to celebrate angry**
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by 2dillu2(m): 12:48pm On May 26, 2015
UnknownT:
the time Oil is discovered in commercial quantity in the North, that is when the country will disintegrate
but why shocked
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by CSTR2: 1:06pm On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:

And that the South actually needs the North more than the North needing the South for the fact that it's the North that feeds the nation. Many countries can survive without oil whereas no country can survive without food.

Lalasticlala, this is FP material.
Are you kidding me?
The south needs the north more because of food?
what food, btw?
All the heavy foods like rice, yams,cassava e.tc. are either imported or grown in the south.
The only food that comes from the north like onions, carrots, pepper and meat can be easily be imported.
It is nitwits like you that destroys your one-nigeria by giving the north a false sense of importance thereby enslaving the rest of the country, instead of making them work harder to reduce their parasitism and improve the country's foreign exchange earnings.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by PassingShot(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:
Are you kidding me?
what food, btw?
All the heavy foods like rice, yams,cassava e.tc. are either imported or grown in the south.
The only food that comes from the north like onions, carrots, pepper and meat can be easily be imported.
It is nitwits like you that destroys your one-nigeria by giving the north a false sense of importance thereby enslaving the rest of the country, instead of making them work harder to reduce their parasitism and improve the country foreign exchange earnings.
Do you know the meaning of nitwit?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by CSTR2: 1:11pm On May 26, 2015
superstar1:
God bless Murray Bruce for us.

I hope some Israeli Flag carrying Masai Dancers, can read and digest this lovely piece.
You want them to remain in the same country with people that wants them drown in a lagoon?
People like you will never learn.
Your country is irredemable.
You are all too dissimilar for it to work even in 100 years time.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by CSTR2: 1:13pm On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you know the meaning of nitwit?
Calling you a nitwit is doing you a favour.
I wish there was another adjective i could use.
Only a nitwit will believe spices and meat is a comparative advantage in this century.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:
Are you kidding me?
what food, btw?
It is nitwits like you that destroys your one-nigeria by giving the north a false sense of importance thereby enslaving the rest of the country, instead of making them work harder to reduce their parasitism and improve the country's foreign exchange earnings.

I would like to believe that u are educated. if u really are then pls apply some intelligence when posting responses to an abviously smart post. we are d ones placing undue importance on the south due to crude which is why Nigeria is where she is today as a leprose giant. This is a nation that when properly managed is indivisible. Everyside complimenting the other. Will d south eat its oil? No! Will d north power themselves with their food? No! So what do we do? We all pitch in our strenghts and make us all great. The whole world needs food and oil so why not have 2 focal points rather than 1? Also I sincerely pray oil is found in the chad basin because at the stage we are now we need all the cash exchangeable resources we can get because GEJ drove Nigeria off a cliff.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by ibisko04: 1:25pm On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am allergic to long notes embarassed
Please, try to read this article. It's good to read, put a little extra effort and you will find it very easy .
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by CSTR2: 1:28pm On May 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I would like to believe that u are educated. if u really are then pls apply some intelligence when posting responses to an abviously smart post. we are d ones placing undue importance on the south due to crude which is why Nigeria is where she is today as a leprose giant. This is a nation that when properly managed is indivisible. Everyside complimenting the other. Will d south eat its oil? No! Will d north power themselves with their food? No! So what do we do? We all pitch in our strenghts and make us all great. The whole world needs food and oil so why not have 2 focal points rather than 1? Also I sincerely pray oil is found in the chad basin because at the stage we are now we need all the cash exchangeable resources we can get because GEJ drove Nigeria off a cliff.
You are the illiterate here.
Oil is your foreign exchange earner not food.
Infact food does not give any comparative advantage anywhere in the world, so yes, the niger -delta is the most important region in Nigeria.
Without oil revenues, nothing can be done in Nigeria.
I don't have time to appeal to sentiments.
What i expect you one-nigeria proponents to do is to ask the other parasitic regions to wake up and contribute to the nation earnings, not continually downgrading the contribution of the niger-delta so as to improve your collective self-worth due to inferiority complex.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by mentorandfriend(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am allergic to long notes embarassed Pls can someone summarize it for me?
Dude, the thing is worth reading!
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by PassingShot(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2015
[s]
CSTR2:
Calling you a nitwit is doing you a favour.
I wish there was another adjective i could use.
Only a nitwit will believe spices and meat is a comparative advantage in this century.
[/s]

Jega mode activated for nincompoops! cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by Funjay(m): 1:41pm On May 26, 2015
My man,
Pls confirm you had A1 in English in WAEC (not NECO ooo), your summary skill is superb, kudos

Bevista:
Especially when it's not properly paragraphed. To summarize, though:

Ben Murray Bruce encourages Mutual Assured Restoration (MAR) - A situation where the north & south learn to coexist in peace and harmony, leveraging one another's strengths.

He believes the south needs the north as much as the north needs the South - while the north depends on the south for oil revenue, the south depends on the north for food. He believes nations can survive without oil, but they cannot survive without food and many of our staple foods be it Rice, locally grown wheat, cows on the hoof, tomatoes, peppers onions etc., come from the North.

[I add that - while oil (the south) contributes most to our National revenue, Agriculture (the north) contributes most to our GDP.]

Ben encourages GMB to explore for oil in the Chad Basin, such that the ND won't always have to hold the whole country to ransome with their militant threat anytime they feel begrudged.

In summary, he believes #WeNeedEachOther and that #ThereIsStrengthInUnity.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by CSTR2: 1:41pm On May 26, 2015
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

Jega mode activated for nincompoops! cool
Yes to a foolish man, folly is wise.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:
Infact food does not give any comparative advantage anywhere in the world, so yes, the niger -delta is the most important region in Nigeria.
What i expect you one-nigeria proponents to do is to ask the other parasitic regions to wake up and contribute to the nation earnings, not continually downgrading the contribution of the niger-delta so as to improve your collective self-worth due to inferiority complex.

This response of yours truely proves that u indeed are a mo/ron. in my response to you did I call u an illiterate? For you to adduce that I did by saying tha I am d one who is an illiterate is ludicrously absurd. Obviously u have not travelled outside d shores of Nigeria to see what countries without a single droplet of oil look like and are being run. So in ur warped mind you think by comparison oil revenue in any country exceeds food revenue? GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND REDEEM YOUR WASTED EDUCATIONAL YEARS!

Nations focus on oil due to its energy uses and that is one end of d divide because the same nations focus on agricultural imports/exports because of its life sustainability. Nations do without oil but can import pms and ago or lpg but no nation on earth can do without food

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by okokhaerat(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2015
What z ds one saying? R we the ones pushing them aside? Or they themselves r singling out themselves? Children of hate
arbitter:

Yeah, whatever. Ni bani ma da lokacin rigima da wawa irinka. Kuna da matsala! In kun ga dama ku gyara kanku ! in kuma kun ga dama ku zauna na ku karata da tsiyarku. Ni dai na gode Allah na fita daga Kasarku ta banza da hofi.

And I hope the Nation breaks up aswell , Its about time you people learn your lessons (i.e you cant Live on another Regions resources and continue to perpetuate acts of violence against them, You DONT own Nigeria hence your Brothers must not 'always be President') thats all i can think from the top of my head.

I already knew you people will Never address the Issues that actually matter the most in your region. Thats the Only reason i support the Split Up of that Country (Also im sick and tired of some Southerners attitude but that doesn't mean they don't have valid complaints about you people)

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by ibedun: 2:01pm On May 26, 2015
jeeqaa7:
Bruce lee... Face ur constituency and work

Leave naija for MR president

Oversabi ...after u don chop govt money for NTA finish

No mind am........

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by CSTR2: 2:03pm On May 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

This response of yours truely proves that u indeed are a mo/ron. in my response to you did I call u an illiterate? For you to adduce that I did by saying tha I am d one who is an illiterate is ludicrously absurd. Obviously u have not travelled outside d shores of Nigeria to see what countries without a single droplet of oil look like and are being run. So in ur warped mind you think by comparison oil revenue in any country exceeds food revenue? GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND REDEEM YOUR WASTED EDUCATIONAL YEARS!

Nations focus on oil due to its energy uses and that is one end of d divide because the same nations focus on agricultural imports/exports because of its life sustainability. Nations do without oil but can import pms and ago or lpg but no nation on earth can do without food
You are an idiott.
Comparing agriculture to energy shows how idiottic you are.
Why do you think the richest countries in the world are searching frantically for crude oil , even to the point of expensively converting other hydrocarbons to crude?
Your country is too underdeveloped to appreciate the benefits of free crude oil.
Btw, the agriculture sector in Nigeria contributes less than 30% of foreign exchange earnings.
Your agricultural exports are insignificant.
And lastly, crude with its huge fractional distillates commands more value in the international market than agriculture ever will.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by honeric01(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2015
Succulently put.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by cdialauka: 2:21pm On May 26, 2015
Dont kill the messenger..read the message.
okokhaerat:
Ask ur mother who ur father is.... We all knw one of our own won't spew dis thrash. Talk about assholes
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by dabossman(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2015
elohorayodele:
we de watch! for our own sakes we better all wish buhari well.

on another note, Oil money can feed the Niger delta, if the ND is independent we have the resources(money) to import food and then develop our agriculture. It will be like one of the richest countries in the world. A non-corrupt govt is necessary though

I'm glad you put the last proviso, because if the way our governors loot is anything to go by, not much will change. All the excess crude funds they've been receiving hasn't reflected much on the standard of living of the people in the Niger Delta.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by prettyboi1(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2015
I've always admired how Ben Bruce tries to think outside the box, I've also always admired many of the solutions he's proffered to problems facing Nigeria. I'm a big admirer and supporter of both Buhari and Ben Bruce and I'm happy that these two people even though in different parties might just be able to work together from time to time.

Long live Nigeria.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by bakila: 2:37pm On May 26, 2015
ramdris:

Choi! shocked na true u talk o! I forgot. **going back to thread to celebrate angry**
You no even like my comment.
Re: Buhari And Mutually Assured Restoration By Ben Murray Bruce by QuotaSystem: 2:37pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:

You speak of waking up as if you lazy southerners did anything to contribute to the existence of oil in Nigeria, your birth above an oil producing land is as accidental as Osama being born in Afghanistan. Stop sounding like you are working and sustaining others when all you do is get drunk on ogogoro while waiting for oil companies to come and pay your lazy behinds stipends for destroying your environment, which you still divert for your selfish purposes (anything from a new mansion to a new bottle of Seamans).

Nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Arrives In Uyo For Akwa Ibom At 30 Celebration(Photos) / Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC / Next Time Igbos Call Yoruba Cowards,betrayal,show Them This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.